Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,226 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Ask A Pilot... - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ask A Pilot... (107068 Views)

Pilot Saves Baby After Being Involved In A Horrible Accident In Lagos. Photos / Nigerian Pilot, Ademilola, Makes History As First African To Fly The World Solo / Young Pilot Who Flew His Mother: "One Of The Best Days Of My Life" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask A Pilot... by Boeing777pilot: 9:19am On Oct 02, 2016
Zhangkum:

Hello Pilot,

Could you kindly explain this scenario.
I recently travel to Enugu State and live very close to the Airport. Anytime plane takes off, all the dogs respond with very annoying (Not Barking) and very disturbing sound.

Thanks.

It's very likely that the engines or other aircraft parts are emitting a frequency that human ears can't pick up but are very audible to the dogs and it's probably irritating to them.

3 Likes

Re: Ask A Pilot... by okikiosibodu(m): 1:46pm On Oct 02, 2016
I found this site interesting and informative/ educating. Hope you also enjoy it
https://aviatorslounge1./2016/09/21/about-the-concorde/

Re: Ask A Pilot... by lionlee216(m): 8:39am On Oct 05, 2016
Ot might help someone

1 Like

Re: Ask A Pilot... by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 05, 2016
Thanks Pilot.

Boeing777pilot:

It's very likely that the engines or other aircraft parts are emitting a frequency that human ears can't pick up but are very audible to the dogs and it's probably irritating to them.
Re: Ask A Pilot... by jude33084(m): 12:11pm On Oct 05, 2016
Zhangkum:

Hello Pilot,

Could you kindly explain this scenario.
I recently travel to Enugu State and live very close to the Airport. Anytime plane takes off, all the dogs respond with very annoying (Not Barking) and very disturbing sound.

Thanks.

The feel the vibration and hears the sound from afar before you do.
Re: Ask A Pilot... by naruto02(m): 12:10pm On Oct 06, 2016
lionlee216:
Ot might help someone
They might insist on 1500-2000tt
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Boeing777pilot: 12:49pm On Oct 07, 2016
naruto02:

They might insist on 1500-2000tt

Skipper how's your training coming?

1 Like

Re: Ask A Pilot... by naruto02(m): 2:23pm On Oct 07, 2016
Boeing777pilot:

Skipper how's your training coming?
It's going fine. 30hrs... precautionary landing, navigation flight and basic instrument fligh left till my PPL test. I'm hoping by the end of this month I'll hit it.
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Sammixx: 12:41pm On Oct 08, 2016
Good day people, got to say an really enjoying this tread, but I have noticed in most of the videos posted here almost everyone here is using livingfs Lagos scenery, I've searched and searched for that scenery online and I was able to get it Sha, downloaded the whooping 1.4gb file now am stock at the authorization code, anyone who's got one should please help a brother out..
Please cry
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 09, 2016
Sammixx:
Good day people, got to say an really enjoying this tread, but I have noticed in most of the videos posted here almost everyone here is using livingfs Lagos scenery, I've searched and searched for that scenery online and I was able to get it Sha, downloaded the whooping 1.4gb file now am stock at the authorization code, anyone who's got one should please help a brother out..
Please cry
whatapp 08092783752
Re: Ask A Pilot... by santyrex: 4:13am On Oct 10, 2016
So happy i found these tread, its been fun going through some of the comments. Would like to actualize my dream on flying and having a CPL, please can you guys help me on a good flight training academy in USA.
Re: Ask A Pilot... by naruto02(m): 10:45pm On Oct 11, 2016
santyrex:
So happy i found these tread, its been fun going through some of the comments. Would like to actualize my dream on flying and having a CPL, please can you guys help me on a good flight training academy in USA.
Phoenix east aviation FL, I heard its a good school.
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Mrbigman1(m): 8:53am On Oct 12, 2016
I have flown chopper countless times to deep offshore locations.
From Bristow in Agip base ph, to Bristow in naf base in ph then to chervton in ikeja.

I have some questions to ask. Most times wen we take off especially in the deep offshore end, we tend to rover a while, bending an returning, bending and Deeping, especially the female pilots whom am almost not satisfied boarding their planes cos dey re so rough in d air.

Captain, what do u people always look for before maintaining a course?

And what exact time maximum can a chopper stay on air, including a super puma?

Den why the vibration before landing or during take off?
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Olisa4all: 10:21am On Oct 12, 2016
Mrbigman1:
I have flown chopper countless times to deep offshore locations.
From Bristow in Agip base ph, to Bristow in naf base in ph then to chervton in ikeja.

I have some questions to ask. Most times wen we take off especially in the deep offshore end, we tend to rover a while, bending an returning, bending and Deeping, especially the female pilots whom am almost not satisfied boarding their planes cos dey re so rough in d air.

Captain, what do u people always look for before maintaining a course?

And what exact time maximum can a chopper stay on air, including a super puma?

Den why the vibration before landing or during take off?

Back again with your ignorant comments I see
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Mrbigman1(m): 10:27am On Oct 12, 2016
Olisa4all:

Back again with your ignorant comments I see

Is this your final answer captain?

1 Like

Re: Ask A Pilot... by Olisa4all: 11:01am On Oct 12, 2016
Mrbigman1:
especially the female pilots whom am almost not satisfied boarding their planes cos dey re so rough in d air.?

Your misogynistic views have absolutely nothing to do with helicopter aerodynamics.
1) look for as in?
2) "exact time maximum" I don't understand that
3) Vibrations occur when the aircraft goes through Effective Translational Lift

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ask A Pilot... by Mrbigman1(m): 11:33am On Oct 12, 2016
Olisa4all:

Your misogynistic views have absolutely nothing to do with helicopter aerodynamics.
1) look for as in?
2) "exact time maximum" I don't understand that
3) Vibrations occur when the aircraft goes through Effective Translational Lift

Ur response sounds like we ve crossed path before or is it cos I said Bristow choppers in Nigeria are outdated?

Am a passenger, I know what I pass through flying and know how comfortable I am with different pilots.
I have once declined boarding when I saw through the briefing room camera two female pilots. Not cos I dnt trust them but because dey play around with the airplane.
And a friend was boarding klm , Newcastle with a female pilot, I assured her of better safety in air.

Am not against female flying, but oga, I just expressed myself.

1 Like

Re: Ask A Pilot... by Olisa4all: 11:55am On Oct 12, 2016
Mrbigman1:

Ur response sounds like we ve crossed path before or is it cos I said Bristow choppers in Nigeria are outdated?

Am a passenger, I know what I pass through flying and know how comfortable I am with different pilots.
I have once declined boarding when I saw through the briefing room camera two female pilots. Not cos I dnt trust them but because dey play around with the airplane.
And a friend was boarding klm , Newcastle with a female pilot, I assured her of better safety in air.

Am not against female flying, but oga, I just expressed myself.

Mrbigman1:
I know her, she have flown me to various offshore locations from brirstow base in Agip base ph and from naval base. Mind u, none of them (blacks) fly, dey re always two pilots, one white doing d navigation, and d black doing a paper work. She's simple tho, just cute to admire wen she waves. I pray she now pilots as said but wen dey re be allowed to do so,I do experience a Lotta vibrations on d air plane. God bless Nigeria.

Like I said,ignorant comments
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Mrbigman1(m): 12:03pm On Oct 12, 2016
Olisa4all:

Like I said,ignorant comments

Dis guy bum na obi since.

So sorry for those comments captain.
Hope am forgiven now?
Re: Ask A Pilot... by okikiosibodu(m): 5:40am On Oct 18, 2016
Keep the thread airborne!
                                                 !!
                                               !!!!!!
                                                 !!
                                                 !!
                                                 !!
                                     !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                 !!
                                                 !!

. . . don't Let it Stall . . .

1 Like

Re: Ask A Pilot... by okikiosibodu(m): 9:04am On Oct 18, 2016
Came across this video today, it brought mixed feelings to my spines
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xPo5yuLbvco
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Boeing777pilot: 11:12am On Oct 18, 2016
Mrbigman1

Those comments are not fair on female pilots embarassed

I actually prefer flying with female captains in our Boeing777 fleet they are some of the best. We go through the same rigorous training and nothing separates us in terms of competency.

I see you have apologized though.

Go and sin no more. grin

7 Likes

Re: Ask A Pilot... by freshvine(f): 12:07pm On Oct 18, 2016
Boeing777pilot:
Mrbigman1

I actually prefer flying with female captains in our Boeing777 fleet they are some of the best. We go through the same rigorous training and nothing separates us in terms of competency.

Go and sin no more. grin

I tend to disagree with your position. Pilots are better than others irrespective of their trainings.

I once flew in an aircraft with 2 black pilot on Arik. Those guys were just moving through the cloud causing the aircraft to vibrate unnecessarily and in the process causing discomfort to passengers.

I've flown with a white pilot working for Aero contractors Na so the guy lift the aircraft far above the clouds and keep dodging them in a James Bond style. When he sights one, he takes the aircraft a bit further to avoid going directly into the cloud and when one is far up to his cruising speed, he takes the plane a bit downward. Honestly, it was fun.

Both situation happen during the raining season
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Boeing777pilot: 12:32pm On Oct 18, 2016
freshvine:

I tend to disagree with your position. Pilots are better than others irrespective of their trainings.

I once flew in an aircraft with 2 black pilot on Arik. Those guys were just moving through the cloud causing the aircraft to vibrate unnecessarily and in the process causing discomfort to passengers.

I've flown with a white pilot working for Aero contractors Na so the guy lift the aircraft far above the clouds and keep dodging them in a James Bond style. When he sights one, he takes the aircraft a bit further to avoid going directly into the cloud and when one is far up to his cruising speed, he takes the plane a bit downward. Honestly, it was fun.

Comments like this that's why an expatriate first officer in arik or aero will think that he's more better than his captain.

Those metrics are not enough to say one pilot is better than the other. You have no idea about what the flight conditions as at the time of flight.

It takes blood sweat and tears to become a pilot and what essentially differentiates us is the hours we have flown but that does not make one pilot better than the other.

3 Likes

Re: Ask A Pilot... by freshvine(f): 1:21pm On Oct 18, 2016
Boeing777pilot:

Comments like this that's why an expatriate first officer in arik or aero will think that he's more better than his captain.

Those metrics are not enough to say one pilot is better than the other. You have no idea about what the flight conditions as at the time of flight.

It takes blood sweat and tears to become a pilot and what essentially differentiates us is the hours we have flown but that does not make one pilot better than the other.

You are making the pilot profession seem like a secret cult where members look after each other.

I am a fan of crash investigation on National Geographic. Pilots are error prone
Re: Ask A Pilot... by sugah: 3:41pm On Oct 18, 2016
Boeing777pilot:
Mrbigman

Go and sin no more. grin
The guy is a repeat offender that's why I dint bother to respond to him.
First they claim national pilots make aircraft vibrate (in choppers), then they only do paperwork.
It's pitiable when people speak authoritatively on an issue albeit with an ignorant stance.

3 Likes

Re: Ask A Pilot... by Boeing777pilot: 7:54pm On Oct 18, 2016
freshvine:

You are making the pilot profession seem like a secret cult where members look after each other.

I am a fan of crash investigation on National Geographic. Pilots are error prone

*deep sigh *

Unless you are a pilot or an av geek, you will not understand the deep bond that pilots share irrespective of their location or equipment they operate. It's beyond looking out for each other but I will not seat back and allow you wrongfully assert that white pilots are better than black pilot simply because you had a smoother flight with a white pilots at the controls.

Thankfully, I don't watch crash investigation and I have been been a pilot for several years now by the grace of God but it's category one fallacy to say that pilots are error prone except you don't know what the word prone means.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ask A Pilot... by freshvine(f): 5:35pm On Oct 19, 2016
Boeing777pilot:

*deep sigh *

Unless you are a pilot or an av geek, you will not understand the deep bond that pilots share irrespective of their location or equipment they operate. It's beyond looking out for each other but I will not seat back and allow you wrongfully assert that white pilots are better than black pilot simply because you had a smoother flight with a white pilots at the controls.

Thankfully, I don't watch crash investigation and I have been been a pilot for several years now by the grace of God but it's category one fallacy to say that pilots are error prone except you don't know what the word prone means.

Majority of the plane crashes are attributed to pilot errors (indecisiveness) by teams of investigation experts except you wanna tell me what national geographic shows to the world are film tricks.

Anyway I apologize on the race superiority. I am here to learn so that I can put up superior argument in the future.
Re: Ask A Pilot... by lionlee216(m): 8:44pm On Oct 19, 2016

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ask A Pilot... by Boeing777pilot: 7:04am On Oct 20, 2016
freshvine:

Majority of the plane crashes are attributed to pilot errors (indecisiveness) by teams of investigation experts except you wanna tell me what national geographic shows to the world are film tricks.

Anyway I apologize on the race superiority. I am here to learn so that I can put up superior argument in the future.

We learn everyday wink
Re: Ask A Pilot... by jude33084(m): 4:11pm On Oct 20, 2016
Sammixx:
Please cry

Contact me or Igwe or you can join our group better still cool
Re: Ask A Pilot... by jude33084(m): 4:20pm On Oct 20, 2016
freshvine:

No two flights are the same even in the same hour.

Turbulence can appear in one minute and disappear the next wink

Even in a sim when you are using active sky next you see situation like that.

....and bro you are not expected to leave your assigned attitude without the ATC centre authorisation grin

Plane no be molue oh! lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (31) (Reply)

Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? / Cost Of Nigerian International Passport / Lagos Plane Crash: List Of Passengers & Survivors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.