Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,211 members, 7,836,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (583387 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by SOJAYeverlast: 12:32pm On Apr 20, 2017
Guys pls help which one is better out of swift 8k unlimited at night and smile unlimited lite 10k after use of 60gb speed will reduce to 256kb is it better that NTEL 52kb after 3gb pay day?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 20, 2017
SOJAYeverlast:
Guys pls help which one is better out of swift 8k unlimited at night and smile unlimited lite 10k after use of 60gb speed will reduce to 256kb is it better that NTEL 52kb after 3gb pay day?

Simple solution, buy an unlocked modem and try each of them.
You will not know their hidden conditions until you use them.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by pheesayor(m): 2:16pm On Apr 20, 2017
okonja:

Went through your profile, and I have this feeling you are an Ntel Spy/Staff angry
You can imagine, and they used a snapshot of that post to do a sponsored post on facebook praising themselves, na wa o
oyb:

what does it matter?

it is even better if they create a thread with a handle for complaints, updates and feedback

nairaland is a big social media platform; so they should stop this hide and seek and come out in the open.
They will only do that if they are ready to be sincere
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:33pm On Apr 20, 2017
@ Ativ

This is what I got when I did a network scan on Ntel's router.

I also know you can create new APN profiles on it.

Make of that what you will.

I cannot confirm if any network works with it if I haven't used their sim with it.

EOD

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by toluxa1(m): 10:07pm On Apr 20, 2017
4llerbuntu:
@ Ativ

I cannot confirm if any network works with it if I haven't used their sim with it.

EOD

Location?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Ativ: 10:50pm On Apr 20, 2017
4llerbuntu:
@ Ativ

EOD

Thanks a million.

Please, what additional features does the router have? For example, QoS, locking of ip addresses etc?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by MontyNG(m): 11:23pm On Apr 20, 2017
The routers are actually very good! Can't list all the features but I know you can't go wrong with it
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by hancock(m): 6:19am On Apr 21, 2017
For the past 8 months I have been on ntel monthly data bundle plan. On the 24th Of April when it expires,
I will be moving back to Swift Essential Plus. No hard feelings cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Ativ: 8:30am On Apr 21, 2017
MontyNG:
The routers are actually very good! Can't list all the features but I know you can't go wrong with it

Can you please list some?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Ralfoosha: 9:30am On Apr 21, 2017
Been long I've seen torrent doing over 45kbp/s, today[b] Ntel[/b] is showing their self: I saw 324kb/s today LIKE SERIOUSLY!? shocked.

Anyways, We are still monitoring you people. You want us to resubscribe abi? 20 days of pain, 10 days of speed so that we can enter the loop next month abi? Wehdon sir! we are still watching. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by alt3r3g0: 10:00am On Apr 21, 2017
hancock:
For the past 8 months I have been on ntel monthly data bundle plan. On the 24th Of April when it expires,
I will be moving back to Swift Essential Plus. No hard feelings cool

Rocked swift Essential plus grin. 2-4MB/s unlimited night download speed, only snag is that you must stop the session and possibly reboot before 6 if not they may lump everything and you get billed for the free unlimited download. The good this is that their billing system is very transparent and once you raise it up with them you will be refunded asap.

Was lured away by ntel angry

I tried Glo, they were good at first but now misbehaving.
Tried Mtn, if speed is your thing, very easy to get addicted. Best with the double data 6 months period promotion.
Will revert back to Essential plus once the double data is exhausted.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Ralfoosha: 10:10am On Apr 21, 2017
Ralfoosha:
Been long I've seen torrent doing over 45kbp/s, today[b] Ntel[/b] is showing their self: I saw 324kb/s today LIKE SERIOUSLY!? shocked.

Anyways, We are still monitoring you people. You want us to resubscribe abi? 20 days of pain, 10 days of speed so that we can enter the loop next month abi? Wehdon sir! we are still watching. grin grin

too early to be praised. Ntel nosedives to 25kb/s embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Zukoslim(m): 1:54pm On Apr 21, 2017
alt3r3g0:

Rocked swift Essential plus grin. 2-4MB/s unlimited night download speed, only snag is that you must stop the session and possibly reboot before 6 if not they may lump everything and you get billed for the free unlimited download. The good this is that their billing system is very transparent and once you raise it up with them you will be refunded asap.

Was lured away by ntel >:]

I tried Glo, they were good at first but now misbehaving.
Tried Mtn, if speed is your thing, very easy to get addicted. Best with the double data 6 months period promotion.
Will revert back to Essential plus once the double data is exhausted.
How much is it, the Swift
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by toluxa1(m): 2:05pm On Apr 21, 2017
Is Swift in Abuja?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by alt3r3g0: 2:53pm On Apr 21, 2017
Zukoslim:

How much is it, the Swift

The plan is 8k, 20gb, free unlimited midnight till 6am.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by chiefoyibo: 2:55pm On Apr 21, 2017
OK, Ntel is trying now. Since they give most GB for least of money, I bought 3months XL plan for 60k,again... thats 10gb/day of fast internet and then it goes to 60kb/s. I think 10gb/day for 20k a month is the best plan in Nigeria if you need lots of data. If they will keep that 1.2 mb/s speed (sometimes it goes up to 2mb/s!), I am happy. As of now, for the first three days it is still working perfectly, using in Abuja. Still praying, still hoping that it will remain that way.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by MontyNG(m): 4:55pm On Apr 21, 2017
chiefoyibo:
OK, Ntel is trying now. Since they give most GB for least of money, I bought 3months XL plan for 60k,again... thats 10gb/day of fast internet and then it goes to 60kb/s. I think 10gb/day for 20k a month is the best plan in Nigeria if you need lots of data. If they will keep that 1.2 mb/s speed (sometimes it goes up to 2mb/s!), I am happy. As of now, for the first three days it is still working perfectly, using in Abuja. Still praying, still hoping that it will remain that way.

Please educate me!!

Why pay 20k per month for the XL plan when you can pay 12,5 per month for the standard unlimited plan??
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Zukoslim(m): 7:17pm On Apr 21, 2017
alt3r3g0:

The plan is 8k, 20gb, free unlimited midnight till 6am.

My man u sure. Hope the free night browsing is not capped or throttle?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by alt3r3g0: 8:17pm On Apr 21, 2017
Zukoslim:

My man u sure. Hope the free night browsing is not capped or throttle?

As at the time i left them it was not. It was even faster than peak periods. Then self it was 14gb...it was suppose to be a promo for a limited time but when ntel and others rolled out their competitive plans, it remained indefinitely.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 21, 2017
MontyNG:

Please educate me!!

Why pay 20k per month for the XL plan when you can pay 12,5 per month for the standard unlimited plan??

Apparently the standard unlimited plan is for phones - which is why they call it smartphone data. which in theory explains their daily 3gb cap. you wouldn't expect to use up to 3gb on a phone.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by MontyNG(m): 10:51pm On Apr 21, 2017
oyb:

Apparently the standard unlimited plan is for phones - which is why they call it smartphone data. which in theory explains their daily 3gb cap. you wouldn't expect to use up to 3gb on a phone.

but that's what I'm using on my router tho... and it works well!

I doubt that one plan will be faster than another?
So in essence, you're paying the extra 10k per month to have a 10gb daily cap as opposed to a 3gb daily cap

Am i right?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Zukoslim(m): 11:46pm On Apr 21, 2017
MontyNG:

but that's what I'm using on my router tho... and it works well!

I doubt that one plan will be faster than another?
So in essence, you're paying the extra 10k per month to have a 10gb daily cap as opposed to a 3gb daily cap

Am i right?
If he uses the data, it pays, cus with 10k=90gb while 20k=300Gb. Haha 10k difference of 210gb.. .check it out na.. It well planned
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 6:49am On Apr 22, 2017
Zukoslim:

If he uses the data, it pays, cus with 10k=90gb while 20k=300Gb. Haha 10k difference of 210gb.. .check it out na.. It well planned

Seems it's better, but the cap is annoying, allow me use 80mbps, finish the 10GB or 3 GB fast then I can do other things... Time na money... grin
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 8:00am On Apr 22, 2017
Not competitive, when spectranet and smile are doing unlimited with 18k / month.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by alt3r3g0: 8:11am On Apr 22, 2017
Anyone using the XL plan in lagos should provide feedback. Abuja Ntel has always been faster than Lagos.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:19am On Apr 22, 2017
The real problem with Ntel is not the data volumes or even throttling sef

Its the piss poor QoS and spotty coverage around Lagos.

If you were throttled to 64kbps on a network that is working very well, you might find it usable. And that's the truth.

Remember when unlimited Visafone blackberry was still a thing. It had max speeds of about 200kBps and it was usable. Then useless mtn had to spoil a good thing

But when you are competing with evil spirits for 64kbps and only getting 10kbps with very high latency and constant drop outs.....

Then downtime in the region of 50% of the time isn't helpful.

The part I find really weird is how there's no off-peak consideration. So if I use the 3gb at 1a.m. I am left with 64kbps till next midnight.

All said, you guys on the network are MVPs sha. Hope you enjoy your money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by otokx(m): 9:05am On Apr 22, 2017
oyb:
Not competitive, when spectranet and smile are doing unlimited with 18k / month.

Smile is 19800 but with fair usage
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Zukoslim(m): 9:08am On Apr 22, 2017
oyb:
Say what you know, both network are capped. And you will be throttled to 512kb and 256kb respectively
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by otokx(m): 9:14am On Apr 22, 2017
How can one recharge Ntel remotely?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 22, 2017
Zukoslim:

Say what you know, both network are capped. And you will be throttled to 512kb and 256kb respectively

every one of the ISPs caps their network after a limit. they all have a fair use policy. we have gone over that issue extensively on this thread, captain obvious

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.