Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (583330 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 22, 2017
otokx:
How can one recharge Ntel remotely?

http://mc.ntel.com.ng/summary-page.php

as long as you are browsing with your ntel sim, it is straightforward. cant tell what happens if you're using a different sim
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by SOJAYeverlast: 9:49am On Apr 22, 2017
Guy i don't know what happen to my NTEL line, have use my daily limit but it still fast

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by duwdu: 9:55am On Apr 22, 2017
Dam5reey:

Seems it's better, but the cap is annoying, allow me use 80mbps, finish the 10GB or 3 GB fast then I can do other things... Time na money... grin

Well said, @Dam5reey, that's the koko of the matter.

One reason I can think of that wouldn't make ntel commit to that kind of speed, would be limitations in the sustainability of that sort of speed, which, in turn, is most probably dictated by the current state of the network's infrastructure.

So, ntel needs to offer a lot more to earn my own 60k per three months.

P34c3
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by chiefoyibo: 11:15am On Apr 22, 2017
MontyNG:

Please educate me!!

Why pay 20k per month for the XL plan when you can pay 12,5 per month for the standard unlimited plan??

12.5k per month gives you 3gb/day of uncapped data, then it slows down. For 20k/month you get 10gb/day of fast internet, then it slows down. So for 20k I am getting 300gb of fast internet. When smile offers 100gb a month for 20k a month and then speeds go down as well.
I use a lot of data every day, thats why.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 22, 2017
chiefoyibo:

12.5k per month gives you 3gb/day of uncapped data, then it slows down. For 20k/month you get 10gb/day of fast internet, then it slows down. So for 20k I am getting 300gb of fast internet. When smile offers 100gb a month for 20k a month and then speeds go down as well.
I use a lot of data every day, thats why.

For now, it if 60k for three months. That won't fly.who has 60k sitting down?

Plus i think 20k is not competitive
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by toluxa1(m): 2:25pm On Apr 22, 2017
SOJAYeverlast:
Guy i don't know what happen to my NTEL line, have use my daily limit but it still fast

Did you restart your device?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by okonja(m): 4:37pm On Apr 22, 2017
otokx:
How can one recharge Ntel remotely?

Go-to www.quicktelker.com/ntel
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by OBAGADAFFI: 7:49pm On Apr 22, 2017
MontyNG:

but that's what I'm using on my router tho... and it works well!

I doubt that one plan will be faster than another?
So in essence, you're paying the extra 10k per month to have a 10gb daily cap as opposed to a 3gb daily cap

Am i right?

Smartphone plan is what you get when you are a new subscriber.

Daily data cap is 3gb
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by OBAGADAFFI: 7:56pm On Apr 22, 2017
oyb:

For now, it if 60k for three months. That won't fly.who has 60k sitting down?

Plus i think 20k is not competitive

My oga, help me ask NTEL that question.

And this is where NTEL gets it wrong.

Daily data cap is totally wrong, what Will happen if you are out of town for 2 weeks and router switch off.

Will all your unused 3gb data​ be accumulated? NO

They should just tell us the amount of data available for each plan and let the subscriber determine how to use it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by okonja(m): 8:50pm On Apr 22, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Daily data cap is totally wrong, what Will happen if you are out of town for 2 weeks and router switch off.

Will all your unused 3gb data​ be accumulated? NO

The should just tell us the amount of data available for each plan and let the subscriber determine how to use it.

That was the same question I asked then when I called
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by okonja(m): 8:57pm On Apr 22, 2017
SOJAYeverlast:

Try to restart your device and give me a feedback angry. Besides there's a difference between Gbps & GBps. cool
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by SOJAYeverlast: 9:53pm On Apr 22, 2017
okonja:

Try to restart your device and give me a feedback angry. Besides there's a difference between Gbps & GBps. cool

Lolzzz we both know if i restart it will slow back so. I can't grin

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by SOJAYeverlast: 9:55pm On Apr 22, 2017
toluxa1:

Did you restart your device?

No and i can't cool

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by SOJAYeverlast: 9:57pm On Apr 22, 2017
Still counting

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by okonja(m): 10:00pm On Apr 22, 2017
SOJAYeverlast:

Lolzzz we both know if i restart it will slow back so. I can't grin

My brother that is what I am battling now in my office. I'm on night shift and I mistakenly restarted the router when I resumed duty at 7pm, the speed can only just manage to browse Nairaland, other sites are not opening. Thinking of sleeping now and wake up later as there is no movie to kill the boredom here now.

Just imagine how useless the network is all in the name of fair usage policy. This is really a shame/disgrace to LTE standard.

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by SOJAYeverlast: 10:05pm On Apr 22, 2017
okonja:

My brother that is what I am battling now in my office. I'm on night shift and I mistakenly restarted the router when I resumed duty at 7pm, the speed can only just manage to browse Nairaland, other sites are not opening. Thinking of sleeping now and wake up later as there is no movie to kill the boredom here now

Sorry. try this, turn off ur router and leave it off when it 11.40pm on it and check the speed that's how I accidentally did mine yesterday
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by okonja(m): 10:07pm On Apr 22, 2017
SOJAYeverlast:

Sorry. try this, turn off ur router and leave it off when it 11.40pm on it and check the speed that's how I accidentally did mine yesterday

I am the one managing the network here, if anything should happen aside being slow, It won't be easy, it's fair as it is slow than to not be available at all. Will restart by 12 am jare.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by SOJAYeverlast: 10:18pm On Apr 22, 2017
okonja:

I am the one managing the network here, if anything should happen aside being slow, It won't be easy, it's fair as it is slow than to not be available at all. Will restart by 12 am jare.

Okay sha but that's how I accidentally did mine yesterday though have used 3gb and it become slow around 2pm cus i was managing it, when it start slowing it was really annoying so had to turn it off on till that 11:40
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by alt3r3g0: 11:05pm On Apr 22, 2017
SOJAYeverlast:

Okay sha but that's how I accidentally did mine yesterday though have used 3gb and it become slow around 2pm cus i was managing it, when it start slowing it was really annoying so had to turn it off on till that 11:40

See permutations ontop internet grin Ntel nor try at all. There is a difference between throttling and punishment for exceeding data cap..theirs is worse.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by toluxa1(m): 11:15pm On Apr 22, 2017
I thought the throttling is now automatically being applied even if you don't restart. Am I wrong?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by okonja(m): 12:05am On Apr 23, 2017
SOJAYeverlast:

Tried it but didn't work. It's past 12 am and the speed is back now

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 23, 2017
alt3r3g0:

See permutations ontop internet grin Ntel nor try at all. There is a difference between throttling and punishment for exceeding data cap..theirs is worse.

Apparently we are supposed to be throttled to 512kb/s, but this is clearly not the case.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Ativ: 7:49am On Apr 23, 2017
What's NTEL's data cap?

3gb equivalent to 300MB or 3GB=3,000MB?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:54am On Apr 23, 2017
oyb:

Apparently we are supposed to be throttled to 512kb/s, but this is clearly not the case.

Na ah. It's 64kbps

If na 512 u for no dey suffer like this na. 512 is average naija 3G speed
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:56am On Apr 23, 2017
Una get long suffering spirit sha. Must have to do with being Nigerian
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by otokx(m): 8:38am On Apr 23, 2017
4llerbuntu:
Una get long suffering spirit sha. Must have to do with being Nigerian

When your options are next to zero you just have to be like Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by SoupNazi(m): 11:40am On Apr 23, 2017
hancock:
For the past 8 months I have been on ntel monthly data bundle plan. On the 24th Of April when it expires,
I will be moving back to Swift Essential Plus. No hard feelings cool

Was on NTEL monthly data plan for a couple of months. Network started out good then became Shitty. I couldn't get YouTube videos to stream at at lest 720p w/o buffering. At times even 480p videos would buffer during the day.

I had to wait until 2:45am to stream at HD quality w/o buffering. All this was way before they started this their throttling nonsense.

Switched back to Swift Essential Plus and now Swift Club Plus. Nothing personal, just business. No hard feelings. cool
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:52pm On Apr 23, 2017

Na wah for una ó.

I've been waiting for someone to come here and say something positive. What's all this?

Let me tell all of you that I am an ntel pioneer. My sim is one of the first 200 activated in Lagos.

And its even a customised number I picked myself.

So if you all think I will sit back and be using my mtn data to be reading all this ntel slander u must be mistaken

If you don't have any positive to say about ntel, don't post here again. Otherwise we go fight oooo.

In short, I don vex. Make I find my Spectranet sim card. So that my armoury will be full for any attacks.

Officially Voltroning for Ntel henceforth
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:58pm On Apr 23, 2017
SoupNazi:

Was on NTEL monthly data plan for a couple of months. Network started out good then became Shitty. I couldn't get YouTube videos to stream at at lest 720p w/o buffering. At times even 480p videos would buffer during the day.

I had to wait until 2:45am to stream at HD quality w/o buffering. All this was way before they started this their throttling nonsense.

Switched back to Swift Essential Plus and now Swift Club Plus. Nothing personal, just business. No hard feelings. cool

These swift plans no dey there site.

What are you getting for that club plus and how much is it?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by SoupNazi(m): 2:46pm On Apr 23, 2017
4llerbuntu:

These swift plans no dey there site.

What are you getting for that club plus and how much is it?

Sure, the plans are on their website: http://www.swiftng.com/Products/Residentiallanding

The Swift Club Plus is 10 large per month for 50 GB and there is no throttling nonsense
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 2:53pm On Apr 23, 2017
SoupNazi:

Sure, the plans are on their website: http://www.swiftng.com/Products/Residentiallanding

The Swift Club Plus is 10 large per month for 50 GB and there is no throttling nonsense
when do they start there unlimited downloads?
What time?
What do you mean by 10gb large for 50 GB?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Alsayer: 3:52pm On Apr 23, 2017
4llerbuntu:

Na wah for una ó.

I've been waiting for someone to come here and say something positive. What's all this?

Let me tell all of you that I am an ntel pioneer. My sim is one of the first 200 activated in Lagos.

And its even a customised number I picked myself.

So if you all think I will sit back and be using my mtn data to be reading all this ntel slander u must be mistaken

If you don't have any positive to say about ntel, don't post here again. Otherwise we go fight oooo.

In short, I don vex. Make I find my Spectranet sim card. So that my armoury will be full for any attacks.

Officially Voltroning for Ntel henceforth

I saw what you did there

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.