Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,919 members, 7,814,091 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (578301 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by duwdu: 10:22pm On Apr 25, 2017
Reading further on the Spectranet offer I posted on earlier, I came by the following (among the Terms and Conditions,) and I quote (Source: https://spectranet.com.ng/q10.html ) :

Q: Does this plan have any Fair Usage Policy (FUP), if yes after how much of data consumption it applies and what will be the speed after FUP?
A: Unlimited burstable speed is assigned to all customers between 0-100GB and speed reduces to 512 Kbps after 100GB is utilized.

Q: Are there any other condition which I should be aware of, as a Spectranet user on UNLIMITED GOLD plan?
A: Spectranet reserves the right to limit download speed to 8 Mbps for the first 100GB in view of maintaining uniform service levels for all customers. UNLIMITED GOLD plan can be subscribed on or before April 30 2017.
Customer which have subscribed before April 30 2017 will need to change plan back to original data capped plan or other data capped plans after expiry of UNLIMITED GOLD plan validity. When Spectranet user changes back to original data capped plan, the “Stored” data will get added to user’s account after renewal.

End of quote.

Looks like it's a one-off, anyways.

P34c3
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Alsayer: 5:58am On Apr 26, 2017
Maybe if it's popular enough, they'll make it a permanent thing. I sure hope they do that though. 512kbs throttling is better than this pos 65kbs.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Alsayer: 6:21am On Apr 26, 2017
I wonder when 419tel will wake up and find that they've lost all their customers and become bankrupt.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Singapore1(m): 7:37am On Apr 26, 2017
I can't believe I trusted NTEL .. Thank God For Competition
Using spectranet in peace sha
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 7:47am On Apr 26, 2017
Singapore1:
but you enjoyed it didn't you?
I think their network is over saturated
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Singapore1(m): 7:52am On Apr 26, 2017
purplekayc:
but you enjoyed it didn't you?
I think their network is over saturated

i think we should mind the way we use the word "saturated"
are you telling me they have more than 2 million subscriber ?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 8:00am On Apr 26, 2017
Singapore1:

it doesn't mean they have 2million subscribers already
It may not be up to
But their infrastructure name not be able to cope with what they have .
Do you know how many people bought those Sims?
You can judge by looking at their coverage
Their towers are not everywhere yet
Even where their is tower the area isn't fully covered

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by KinzyeWriter(m): 8:12am On Apr 26, 2017
purplekayc:
It may not be up to
you make sense jare
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by KinzyeWriter(m): 8:13am On Apr 26, 2017
Singapore1:

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 26, 2017
Alsayer:
Maybe if it's popular enough, they'll make it a permanent thing. I sure hope they do that though. 512kbs throttling is better than this pos 65kbs.

They were throttling me to 70kb/s on their free night browsing. When I went to their office, customer care said policy is 512kb/s

Think all the isps throttled tiers are like untarred dirt roads, no guarantees on speed whatsoever.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Singapore1(m): 8:37am On Apr 26, 2017
purplekayc:
It may not be up to

that is the problem with most of our network company
your network can only accommodate certain number of people in respect to quantity ..why have more?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Singapore1(m): 9:00am On Apr 26, 2017
purplekayc:
It may not be up to
you don't bite more than you can chew ..everything about NTEL is now wrong even their competitors will be mocking them now

1. they increased the tariff and they couldn't even notify their subscribers through sms or email , that shows they are full of sh1t.
they just took the step without notifying us, i normally do the weekly subscription because i move around a lot, i recharged 3000 and it failed only to check quickteller to see they have increased their tariff , not that i have problem with their new tariff but at least we should be informed

2. again they started speed throttling and no one was informed ..instead they are telling us to keep checking their website for new policies, for God sake who does that in this 21st century ... it's not like they are running google adsense on their website where there is need for traffic .. this shows that they dont value their customers and that i can't cope with .. i think we need to stop celebrating mediocrity .. is it that hard to give us unlimited speed? they should know by now that most of Nigerian youth are now engaging in online business, internet with good speed and data cap will be needed ..nowadays i use etisalat for most of my browsing and i dont think there is any complain whatsoever regarding using etisalat in respect to browsing ... yes etisalat is expensive but i can tell you their 3G is better than all this glorify 3.75G calling themselves 4G and further embarrassing the LTE generation by putting it in front of their 4G calling it 4G-LTE ..

3. it's not my fault that they don't have enough coverage .. for every service installed there should be maximum number of load ( subscribers ) it can carry , the reason why they are not everywhere is because their service is not everywhere ..is it not so? ... i dont have problem with paying 20k a month ..but i want burstable speed and uncapped data plan ... i think they should use their dictionary for "unlimited"

( mtcheww i just murdered english )

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Singapore1(m): 9:13am On Apr 26, 2017
stanley08 please come and edit your first page ..i am angry

and please come and change the topic .. or else na to create another thread for this fools ( apologies )

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rookidmart: 10:28am On Apr 26, 2017
Singapore1:
stanley08 please come and edit your first page ..i am angry

and please come and change the topic .. or else na to create another thread for this fools ( apologies )
Hehe.
It was on FP so he can't edit the OP anymore.
Only a (super)mod can.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Singapore1(m): 10:30am On Apr 26, 2017
rookidmart:

Hehe.
It was on FP so he can't edit the OP anymore.
Only a (super)mod can.

then i need to create another thread about their service
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Singapore1(m): 11:00am On Apr 26, 2017
compare oo
my etisalat is 3.75G oo, compare to NTEL 4G-LTE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by smartty68(m): 11:39am On Apr 26, 2017
Singapore1:
compare oo
my etisalat is 3.75G oo, compare to NTEL 4G-LTE
Chai! The NTEL network fast like snail.

Bros you dey enjoy o
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:08pm On Apr 26, 2017
you people are offending me o.

I've said it over and over, post only praises of ntel. no more complaints. angry angry angry angry

issok. i know what to do.

shebi its because you are seeing 64kbps. i hereby declare one week downtime!!!

lets see if you will still have mouth to yarn wink

oyb:

They were throttling me to 70kb/s on their free night browsing. When I went to their office, customer care said policy is 512kb/s

Think all the isps throttled tiers are like untarred dirt roads, no guarantees on speed whatsoever.

they still throttled your night plan?

chai. o ga ooo shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by duwdu: 3:09pm On Apr 26, 2017
Alsayer:

These networks are just playing with semantics! The real issue is that, like others and me have stated here and elsewhere, the 64 being bandied about is actually 64KBps, not just 64Kbps; 8Kb=1KB. 512Kbps is the same as 64KBps!

P34c3
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by duwdu: 5:59pm On Apr 26, 2017
Singapore1:

Sorry if I missed this earlier, but could you please indicate the highest consistent speeds you're obtaining on Spectranet, if and when throttled or not, and your location? I'm trying to ascertain whether the highest speed is indeed limited to 8Mbps (1MBps) as stated on the site, and how stable the service is along the Lekki axis in Lagos. TIA.

P34c3
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Singapore1(m): 6:22pm On Apr 26, 2017
duwdu:

Sorry if I missed this earlier, but could you please indicate the highest consistent speeds you're obtaining on Spectranet, if and when throttled or not, and your location? I'm trying to ascertain whether the highest speed is indeed limited to 8Mbps (1MBps) as stated on the site, and how stable the service is along the Lekki axis in Lagos. TIA.

P34c3
I get 2mb/s or more when downloading.. Lagos surulere
I get more than 3mb/s anytime I am in Ibadan
I will share screenshot once I am able
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Alsayer: 6:36pm On Apr 26, 2017
Singapore1:

you don't bite more than you can chew ..everything about NTEL is now wrong even their competitors will be mocking them now

1. they increased the tariff and they couldn't even notify their subscribers through sms or email , that shows they are full of sh1t.
they just took the step without notifying us, i normally do the weekly subscription because i move around a lot, i recharged 3000 and it failed only to check quickteller to see they have increased their tariff , not that i have problem with their new tariff but at least we should be informed

2. again they started speed throttling and no one was informed ..instead they are telling us to keep checking their website for new policies, for God sake who does that in this 21st century ... it's not like they are running google adsense on their website where there is need for traffic .. this shows that they dont value their customers and that i can't cope with .. i think we need to stop celebrating mediocrity .. is it that hard to give us unlimited speed? they should know by now that most of Nigerian youth are now engaging in online business, internet with good speed and data cap will be needed ..nowadays i use etisalat for most of my browsing and i dont think there is any complain whatsoever regarding using etisalat in respect to browsing ... yes etisalat is expensive but i can tell you their 3G is better than all this glorify 3.75G calling themselves 4G and further embarrassing the LTE generation by putting it in front of their 4G calling it 4G-LTE ..

3. it's not my fault that they don't have enough coverage .. for every service installed there should be maximum number of load ( subscribers ) it can carry , the reason why they are not everywhere is because their service is not everywhere ..is it not so? ... i dont have problem with paying 20k a month ..but i want burstable speed and uncapped data plan ... i think they should use their dictionary for "unlimited"

( mtcheww i just murdered english )

I posted that pic on twitter and Ntel retweeted it. The irony.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Singapore1(m): 7:00pm On Apr 26, 2017
Alsayer:

I posted that pic on twitter and Ntel retweeted it. The irony.
No the handle is trying to inform the bosses
Give me their twitter handle please
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Zukoslim(m): 7:00pm On Apr 26, 2017
Ntel are truly not ready for business, I am getting one bar over here. For a 4G network that said it has coverage in Lagos, haha....the one bar is not even constant
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by duwdu: 7:07pm On Apr 26, 2017
Singapore1:

I get 2mb/s or more when downloading.. Lagos surulere
I get more than 3mb/s anytime I am in Ibadan
I will share screenshot once I am able

Thank you for sharing this experience.

Any experience with throttling? Will be on the lookout for your screenshot.

P34c3
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by OBAGADAFFI: 9:05pm On Apr 26, 2017
Zukoslim:
I was at Ntel office today at Marina. To ask more about the night plans, the lady could not even explain the available data plans, not to talk of knowing fair usage policy or data cap. She kept nodding her head to everything I asked

I doubt if their staffs are using Ntel or know what we are complaining about

She knows the truth, but deliberately being ignorant.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Alsayer: 9:28pm On Apr 26, 2017
Which other network provider has unlimited data bundles without as much throttling as Ntel? I'm tired of 65kbs.

Edit: I'm currently getting an amazing speed of 10kbs.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ndividual: 9:41pm On Apr 26, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

She knows the truth, but deliberately being ignorant.

Yup. Just found out about the throttling. Paid for a 2 day unlimited. Downloaded a titanfall 2 update file (barely 1gb)

Now it's crawling slower than evolution itself. Chai.

Why call it unlimited? Spectranet did the exact same thing
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 10:19pm On Apr 26, 2017
ndividual:

Yup. Just found out about the throttling. Paid for a 2 day unlimited. Downloaded a titanfall 2 update file (barely 1gb)

Now it's crawling slower than evolution itself. Chai.

Why call it unlimited? Spectranet did the exact same thing

Throttle or no throttle, I'm on 1,500 night plan... Since Sunday night...
From 10Pm i start rocking 10-12 Mbps translate to ~1.3MBps fair enough... I only use 10 to 1 am
Highest network signal is 3 bars...

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by SOJAYeverlast: 10:58pm On Apr 26, 2017
Finally i got NTEL
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Zukoslim(m): 4:16am On Apr 27, 2017
Was having a shitty speed at first
Had to change location for good speed
Dunno if it's the timing, woke up very early to try my luck

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Zukoslim(m): 5:35am On Apr 27, 2017
Who has used the night plan till 6am,
Cus by 5.03am Ntel shot me out, was not able to browse Anything

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.