Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? (40432 Views)

Van Gaals Official Statement To Manchester United. / Finally Manchester United Officially Sacks Louis Van Gaal / Man Utd Could Miss Out On Zlatan Ibrahimovic If They Keep Louis Van Gaal. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by opius: 11:54am On May 23, 2016
Gone alrd... to be confirm by 1:00pm
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by holuphisayor(m): 11:56am On May 23, 2016
Van gaal sacked with immediate effect....Confirmed..
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by oando007: 11:56am On May 23, 2016
Great News....... Man U here i come ! # MOU
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by zlatan10(m): 11:57am On May 23, 2016
Ktrapp:
End of free points for other teams
ktrapp :-kevin trapp of psg

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by papparatzzi2013: 11:57am On May 23, 2016
I stopped watching Man Utd because of this man and his boring philosophy football jargons and stup1d notebook.
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by amagunnerfan: 11:58am On May 23, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
I said this in March 2015

Manchester United and the Glazer family want Van Gaal to get the club up and running in a short time.

This is not possible. Especially when you bring in a coach with a different philosophy from what is on ground at the club.

Just like Van Gaal pointed out about his time at AZ Alkmaar. It seemed his work was not effective but with time, a small club in the Dutch league won the league title.

Van Gaal faced the same problem at Bayern Munich. Bayern seemed to go in a downward direction under Van Gaal. His way seemed complicated but in the long run, it was beneficial. Look at the way he brought in the likes of Alaba, Gustavo, Toni Kroos, Thomas Muller to a Bayern side that was struggling. Bayern Munich sacked Van Gaal but these guys became pillars to the Bayern side that lost the final against Chelsea and won the next Champions League finals against Borussia Dortmund.

If Manchester United want immediate success, Van Gaal is not the man for the job, however, if Manchester United is ready to wait for Van Gaal to turn them into one of the top sides in Europe, he is the perfect man for the job.

https://www.nairaland.com/2197066/manchester-united-should-trust-van
It is a mistake getting rid of Louis Van Gaal. They complain ( well according to reports ) that he is not a good man manager but are bringing in another man who is useless when it comes to man management.

Sir Alex left this club in total disaster but United fans won't agree as he won them so many titles. Wenger for all his faults, if he lives Arsenal today, he will be leaving behind a solid structure that will make it easy for whoever replaces him to do well.

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by cocoduck: 12:02pm On May 23, 2016
amagunnerfan:
Appointing Jose Mourinho is not a smart move for United. They went against their own policy with this appointment which shows desperation on their part.

This is why I always said it that Sir Alex was a greed man who left the club worst off. He made absolutely no plans for his successor before leaving the club. The squad was extremely very bad, he only managed to win the league with the same squad as a result of the signing of Robin Van Persie a signing which in it own was selfish and not long term.

Many kids who started watching football last night will disagree but those who can think know United are suffering today simply because Sir Alex was more interested in his own glory and not the future of the club.

He left behind Vidic, Rio, Rooney, Robin Van Persie, Chicharito, Phil Jones, Carrick and Evra. All of who were either past it or very injury prone or outright useless.
Go to hell

3 Likes

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by SirShymexx: 12:03pm On May 23, 2016
Super-confirmed...got the alert on BBC about half an hour ago.

The EPL is going to be interesting next season: Mourinho, Guardiola, Ranieri, Wenger, Conte, Pochettino, Klopp and Everton would most likely sign Benitez...in one league, fighting for one title lol.

EPL = NBA of football
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by Franky9584(m): 12:04pm On May 23, 2016
is Mourinho really d best option here?
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by tpyemson(m): 12:05pm On May 23, 2016
amagunnerfan:
Appointing Jose Mourinho is not a smart move for United. They went against their own policy with this appointment which shows desperation on their part.

This is why I always said it that Sir Alex was a greed man who left the club worst off. He made absolutely no plans for his successor before leaving the club. The squad was extremely very bad, he only managed to win the league with the same squad as a result of the signing of Robin Van Persie a signing which in it own was selfish and not long term.

Many kids who started watching football last night will disagree but those who can think know United are suffering today simply because Sir Alex was more interested in his own glory and not the future of the club.

He left behind Vidic, Rio, Rooney, Robin Van Persie, Chicharito, Phil Jones, Carrick and Evra. All of who were either past it or very injury prone or outright useless.

What are you even saying? the same Evra that still flourishes till date, or Chicharito that also flourishes? Or even Rooney and Vidic? For him to have won the league with those players was for selfish gain? And please tell me the policy Man United went against by signing Mourinho, please teach me what i haven't learnt since i became a fan in 1999. Teach me how not spending more than 50million and winning a league trophy is selfish. Teach me how the players you mentioned are past or useless with the exception on Van Persie and Phil Jones that are injury prone. I'm eager to learn sir.

6 Likes

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by knightsTempler: 12:05pm On May 23, 2016
Jose Mourinho was paid a staggering £4million by Manchester United not to take a job elsewhere while they decided the future of Louis van Gaal.

An agreement was reached midway through the season to give United the option of bringing him in if Van Gaal failed to meet their targets.

Sportsmail can also reveal that Mourinho refused to accept a 'behavioural clause' in his five-year, £75m deal despite concerns among the United hierarchy over his eccentric touchline behaviour.

-Source - sports mail

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by Chukzyfcb(m): 12:05pm On May 23, 2016
amagunnerfan:
It is a mistake getting rid of Louis Van Gaal. They complain ( well according to reports ) that he is not a good man manager but are bringing in another man who is useless when it comes to man management.

Sir Alex left this club in total disaster but United fans won't agree as he won them so many titles. Wenger for all his faults, if he lives Arsenal today, he will be leaving behind a solid structure that will make it easy for whoever replaces him to do well.
Exactly bro. I too usually say this. Ferguson didn't prepare the team for the successor to carry on without stress. This is why I defend pep guardiola for his work @ bayern. Although he was unfortunate with the UCL but he was able to prepare a team that was once fully Dependent on Ribery &Robben. Now there are young stars Kingsley coman & douglas costa who are well nutured & ready for use by peps successor, ancelotti. Well I prefer Vangaal to mOurinho sha in the Manutd team
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by deluxez12(m): 12:06pm On May 23, 2016
amagunnerfan:

What do we need then
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 23, 2016
Damcing shakiti bobo in front of moving train,bye van gaal,u tried ur best but it wasn't enough
Welcome mou to the theatre of dteam,I can see chelsea,asernal nd man city fan's dieing of cardiac arrest,lala hope u nt anti-man utd

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by Seun360(m): 12:08pm On May 23, 2016
Mourinho will leave Man united worse off, at least they should at least learn from Chelsea and Leicester city.
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by cocoduck: 12:09pm On May 23, 2016
Franky9584:
is Mourinho really d best option here?
definitely,
arsenal fans now want to tell us how we run our club, when we loose they open their mouth wide and laugh at us, they don't want to stop, it's very obvious.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by CaptainEColeJnr: 12:09pm On May 23, 2016
amagunnerfan:

I disagree .. As a matter of fact.. No one was bold enough to succeed Sir Alex .. due to his illustrious 27-year career .. so he had no choice bit to opt for his fellow Scotsman David Moyes .. besides who told you He won the league due to RVP??
Sir Alex was a very tactical coach who could make a lemonade from lemon.. leave it or not.. he had won the league without any world class striker

he developed Ronaldo
Paul Scholes
Wayne Rooney
Carrick
the list is endless.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 23, 2016
Alubosa:
Good news
I'm happy he's sacked.
Smellymouth God haff answered our prayers
gringringrin
#GGMU#
#TeamMimzy#

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by initialize(m): 12:12pm On May 23, 2016
United didn't want to sack van gaal but he gave us no choice. I doubt any top team in England will even allow him to finish the season like United did.

He was not different in style to Moyes... They bothprioritise defense and use the long - ball - to - fellaini attacking system which is very boring to watch.

Morinho is another boring to watch manager and will end up sacked before his time as usual.

I will continue to watch the old United game play in Southampton. They play like Sir Alex' Man United.
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:17pm On May 23, 2016
amagunnerfan:

If you are pointing how bad Manchester United was during SIR Alex Ferguson's departure, imagine the rot after Moyes departure.

Van Gaal had to rebuild the team from their passing style. With time, he would have built a formidable side.

Just Mourinho did in Real Madrid, dropping Raul who was a pillar of Madrid, it seems he is about o start tearing down Van Gaal's work.

It seems Ibrahimovic will be Mourinho's coaching assistant and Mourinho wants to demote Ryan Giggs.

Giggs will not accept it and it seems it is on his way out. Well done Glazers. First fraction is about to start because some players are devoted to Giggs.

Next is the kick out of Mata.
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by martineverest(m): 12:17pm On May 23, 2016
amagunnerfan:

u nailed it bro..... Alex left a depleted squad behind. Appointing mourinho is a big blunder. It shows that they are not after long term plan..emery unai,allegro etc would have been perfect replacement.

What are the hopes and future of young players like martial and rashford, who were all progressing when lvg was in charge.?..I fear mou might destroy marital fine footballing skills, just as he did to hazard

The way epl clubs treat their coaches will be their Frankenstein monster in the nearest future.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by Fatban(m): 12:19pm On May 23, 2016
valencia25:
He only signed 2years contract and it has just expired. They didn't sack him, his contract wasn't renewed, the OP should change the topic to 'Manutd Failed To Renew LVG Contract'.

Jose mourinho to be announced tomorrow, watch this space.

A new Era has just begun and we can safely assume that Arsenal has lost 6 points already next season. cool
he was given 3yrs contract.

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by druboon404: 12:19pm On May 23, 2016
valencia25:
[s]He only signed 2years contract and it has just expired. They didn't sack him, his contract wasn't renewed, the OP should change the topic to 'Manutd Failed To Renew LVG Contract'.

A new Era has just begun and we can safely assume that Arsenal has lost 6 points already next season. cool[/s]
Sguy,top misinforming people ..He signed a 3 year contract..

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:19pm On May 23, 2016
initialize:
United didn't want to sack van gaal but he gave us no choice. I doubt any top team in England will even allow him to finish the season like United did.

He was not different in style to Moyes... They bothprioritise defense and use the long - ball - to - fellaini attacking system which is very boring to watch.

Morinho is another boring to watch manager and will end up sacked before his time as usual.

I will continue to watch the old United game play in Southampton. They play like Sir Alex' Man United.

Manchester United did not defend and use long balls as you make it. In the season statistics, Manchester United has higher possession stats than Manchester City. There is no way you can achieve that with long balls.
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by cocoduck: 12:23pm On May 23, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

If you are pointing how bad Manchester United was during SIR Alex Ferguson's departure, imagine the rot after Moyes departure.

Van Gaal had to rebuild the team from their passing style. With time, he would have built a formidable side.

Just Mourinho did in Real Madrid, dropping Raul who was a pillar of Madrid, it seems he is about o start tearing down Van Gaal's work.

It seems Ibrahimovic will be Mourinho's coaching assistant and Mourinho wants to demote Ryan Giggs.

Giggs will not accept it and it seems it is on his way out. Well done Glazers. First fraction is about to start because some players are devoted to Giggs.

Next is the kick out of Mata.
see them see arseanal fans, yeye.
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by duality(m): 12:24pm On May 23, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
I said this in March 2015

Manchester United and the Glazer family want Van Gaal to get the club up and running in a short time.

This is not possible. Especially when you bring in a coach with a different philosophy from what is on ground at the club.

Just like Van Gaal pointed out about his time at AZ Alkmaar. It seemed his work was not effective but with time, a small club in the Dutch league won the league title.

Van Gaal faced the same problem at Bayern Munich. Bayern seemed to go in a downward direction under Van Gaal. His way seemed complicated but in the long run, it was beneficial. Look at the way he brought in the likes of Alaba, Gustavo, Toni Kroos, Thomas Muller to a Bayern side that was struggling. Bayern Munich sacked Van Gaal but these guys became pillars to the Bayern side that lost the final against Chelsea and won the next Champions League finals against Borussia Dortmund.

If Manchester United want immediate success, Van Gaal is not the man for the job, however, if Manchester United is ready to wait for Van Gaal to turn them into one of the top sides in Europe, he is the perfect man for the job.

https://www.nairaland.com/2197066/manchester-united-should-trust-van

I think so

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by Mushyhills(m): 12:25pm On May 23, 2016
The Dutchman's polarising reign at Old Trafford has been cut short amid intense speculation that Jose Mourinho has been lined up as his replacement
ADTECH GmbH (Master default)
Manchester United have sacked manager Louis van Gaal, Old Trafford sources have informed Goal.

ADTECH GmbH (Master default)
The Dutchman led United to their first FA Cup triumph since 2004 on Saturday, with a 2-1 win over Crystal Palace, though celebrations were quickly overshadowed by speculation regarding Jose Mourinho's imminent arrival.

Van Gaal's two-year reign at Old Trafford proved divisive, with several fans and former players bemused by the Dutchman's playing style having seen United score just 49 league goals this season.

And after Van Gaal arrived at the club's Carrington training ground for work on Monday he was relieved of his duties. The 64-year-old remained cordial throughout the rest of the morning but his backroom staff were seen clearing their desks after being sacked along with the man who brought them to the club in 2014.

Executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward was also seen on site alongside one of the club's lawyer.
GOAL READ MORE | Rooney: Cup win can spur United on

Mourinho has been out of work since he was sacked by Chelsea in December, but is poised to return at Old Trafford.

Van Gaal's departure comes two years after his appointment, with the manager guiding the club to a fourth-placed finish in his first season.

However, United missed out on qualification for the Champions League - which they exited at the group stages this term - in his second campaign despite spending around £250 million on new players during Van Gaal's reign.

United have now failed to finish in the top-three since Sir Alex Ferguson's last season in charge, when they won the league in 2012-13.

Ryan Giggs was also on site on Monday morning, but he left around an hour later. The Welshman's future is unknown with Mourinho's appointment as manager on the horizon.
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by initialize(m): 12:26pm On May 23, 2016
Van gaal didn't buy players he need instead he bought midfield players to the surplus we already av

Daily blind has best crossing ability and should be playing in Central midfield with Carrick but he played him at CB when he could have bought Virgil vDirk from Celtic to fill that role.

No natural wingers yet he sold off Nani, wouldn't play Depay and played Young and Valencia as Full backs. He sold off Van Persie and Hernandez, bougth only Martial.

If it wasn't for Rashford that came as a surprise saviour, Manunited could have finished in 7 or 8th position

What a cra.zy coach he was.

Van Gaal, The Great Gambler

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by valencia25(m): 12:26pm On May 23, 2016
druboon404:

Sguy,top misinforming people ..He signed a 3 year contract..

I can confirm to you it's just 2 years tongue
Cut the old man some slack, don't let Manutd haters know he was sacked grin
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by initialize(m): 12:27pm On May 23, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Manchester United did not defend and use long balls as you make it. In the season statistics, Manchester United has higher possession stats than Manchester City. There is no way you can achieve that with long balls.

Most of those possession passes were back passes. Check the stats

The forward passes were mostly long and inaccurate.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by larryUG(m): 12:27pm On May 23, 2016
valencia25:
He only signed 2years contract and it has just expired. They didn't sack him, his contract wasn't renewed, the OP should change the topic to 'Manutd Failed To Renew LVG Contract'.

A new Era has just begun and we can safely assume that Arsenal has lost 6 points already next season. cool
Van gaal signed a 3 yr contract, not a 2 yr contract
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by mrlaw93(m): 12:27pm On May 23, 2016
flexxyworld:
'Lose' van gaal.!
I just can't wait too watch the real classic premier league next season. 'Mourinho, guardiola, conte, pocchetino, raneiri, mazzarri, wenger' all coaching. In the EPL, simeone. We await yo!

After so many ATTEMPTs lately, FP&FTC
Moral lesson : never give up on your dreams, cheers! What a way too start my week.
Werey re ooo... ur dream is to be first to comment abi.. walahi u re living your dream.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 3) On 15th February 2023 / West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 2) On 4th December 2021 / Arsenal Vs Brighton & Hove Albion (1 - 2) on 5th December 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.