Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? (40470 Views)

Van Gaals Official Statement To Manchester United. / Finally Manchester United Officially Sacks Louis Van Gaal / Man Utd Could Miss Out On Zlatan Ibrahimovic If They Keep Louis Van Gaal. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 23, 2016
United have made a very big mistake by sacking a van gal... Mourinho comes with his baggage of problem, fighting the press, public dress down of players, fight with FA and playing less attractive football... Time will prove they made a costly mistake by appointing MOURINHO
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by bigfoot79(m): 2:14pm On May 23, 2016
Addicted2Women:
Awa Omo bingo.
Who knows the meaning in Yoruba ??
My girlfriend keeps saying this and i don't know the meaning

Bingo is aja or local dog the street, baring it ll so to be the children of public dog is not a good thing
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by stinggy(m): 2:24pm On May 23, 2016
carammel:

Giggs is still coming up Na,he has not done this for long so let's give him a chance.
How's you?
He has been there since Moyes' days oo (player/coach). He should please go and show his skills elsewhere like Neville did and should stop thinking he's an automatic heir to the MU throne grin
Fine. How's J and O?

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by Daraph(m): 2:25pm On May 23, 2016
flexxyworld:
'Lose' van gaal.!
I just can't wait too watch the real classic premier league next season. 'Mourinho, guardiola, conte, pocchetino, raneiri, mazzarri, wenger' all coaching. In the EPL, simeone. We await yo!

After so many ATTEMPTs lately, FP&FTC
Moral lesson : never give up on your dreams, cheers! What a way too start my week.

Good write-up bro. But try to learn more about the usage of "too" and "to"
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by tpyemson(m): 2:25pm On May 23, 2016
amagunnerfan:
Those you mentioned, in which leagues are they flourish? Let me ask you, why do you think no English club was interested in signing Pirlo before he went to Juventus on a free transfer?

Let me help you, because of the lack of pace, he won't be suited to the Premier league. The same thing goes for the aforementioned.

I still don't understand how this applies to Chicharito or Evra that has been wonderful in Serie A, and on Pirlo, when have you known Pirlo to be fast? He has always been a wonderful footballer, still is... till all the players you mentioned left the team, they were still very fit, Serie A is perhaps more physical than the premiership, some united fans are still rooting for Vidic return you know?
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by IBello300(m): 2:26pm On May 23, 2016
Better.....................
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by elampiro(m): 2:27pm On May 23, 2016
bettercreature:
They are actually getting scared of Guardiola,they dont want Man City to overtake them but seriously i hate the way they treated van gaal it was so inhuman,Brittish media never allowed him to do his job

The media was kind to Gaal compared to Moyes. Moyes was attacked by Media right from his second month in charge. Gaal had more than a year grace period because he was believed to be a world class coach who knew what he was doing.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by eph12(m): 2:34pm On May 23, 2016
amagunnerfan:
Appointing Jose Mourinho is not a smart move for United. They went against their own policy with this appointment which shows desperation on their part.

This is why I always said it that Sir Alex was a greed man who left the club worst off. He made absolutely no plans for his successor before leaving the club. The squad was extremely very bad, he only managed to win the league with the same squad as a result of the signing of Robin Van Persie a signing which in it own was selfish and not long term.

Many kids who started watching football last night will disagree but those who can think know United are suffering today simply because Sir Alex was more interested in his own glory and not the future of the club.

He left behind Vidic, Rio, Rooney, Robin Van Persie, Chicharito, Phil Jones, Carrick and Evra. All of who were either past it or very injury prone or outright useless.
Just shattap if you don't know what to say. You just like our present government that is ready to blame the past government for everything that is happening now and even the ones yet to happen. This was someone that was given a huge bank roll and free hand to buy the players he can work with. He has spent a lot already with nothing to show. Maybe you also wants us to blame SAF for the useless Depay LVG bought right? Or is it Dimaria that he couldn't manage and make him stay? That's SAF fault too right? Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by comradeson: 2:41pm On May 23, 2016
Mourinho does not have any magic wand.He is not invincible.They will still sack him too by the end of next season.
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by khattab02: 2:46pm On May 23, 2016
stinggy:

He has been there since Moyes' days oo (player/coach). He should please go and show his skills elsewhere like Neville did and should stop thinking he's an automatic heir to the MU throne grin
Fine. How's J and O?
hmm... yeaah.... Nice point! He has to prove his pedigree before he gets the job.
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by elampiro(m): 2:51pm On May 23, 2016

Van Gaal greatest mistake was playing Blind in Centre Back against physical oppositions like West Ham when he had Jones on the bench, and Mensah in the squad who could head the ball better. United lost the aerial battle against West Ham and that was the end of top four.

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 23, 2016
After sacking van gaal is mourinho better? My fellow football fans, am not picking sides here but am calling us all to reason this issue together. (1) we all attacked van gaal because of his boring possession football which he plays in his own half, but let's think, will mourinho play a better football? He led chelsea 2 seasons ago to play one of the sweetest football in epl for half season and after just one defeat during the festive period( which is a very trying time in epl) against spurs he panicked and changed to total parking the bus till the end of the season, even in bigger occasions we still remember the heavy parking the bus which mourinho inspired inter milan to beat barcelona. Mark my word, you will not get any good football from mourinho. (2) we love what martial, rashford, lingard etc did last season, they really tried I admit, they are the future of man utd. But are they? Mourinho is not known to be a lover of young talents, he needs proven players who have conquered leagues, who can attack any team at the same time, play defensive and be aggressive but sorry to say rashford, martial and lingard does not seem to have those DEFENSIVE abilities and you know mourinho, he will kick them out! Already the press has started linking ibrahimovic to work with mourinho and if that works, then be sure that the 34 year old will play every game this season even carling cup. (3) We all say van gaal has no friendly relationship with players especially when you think of how he treated chicharito( van gaal told him that he doubts if chicharito can play for man utd ever again after missing a penalty, that even wilson is higher than him in the order) and valdes. Now, over to mourinho, shevchenko and torres will tell you that he is not a friendly coach even lukaku would still remember his encounter, so a little mistake, a missed chance, a missed penalty, and mourinho will kick you out! (4) van gaal made a blunder when he sold chicharito, welbeck, van persie, nani, kagawa, evra, etc. And they are all doing well in their various new clubs, some won trophies and some became better players. Now, mourinho has a worse record, he sold de bruyne, andre schurrle, lukaku, and a host of many I can't mention and they all did well. (5) van gaal talks too much and makes headlines with stupid statement, recently he claimed man utd fans ask for too much, but what do you expect from fans who for the past 27 years,, all they know is winning trophies and being happy, all of a sudden you want them to lower their standard and start celebrating top 4 and fa cup triumphs, man, they aint arsenal fans please. But is mourinho better? I enjoyed his beef with wenger but I was angry when he said chelsea fans are as silent as a grave yard, I didn't enjoy his public treatment of chelsea doctor eva caniero,,, etc. We all can see that van gaal ain't what man ntd needs and mourinho ain't what man utd needs too if they are looking for long time replacement for ferguson, mourinho will sell nearly every players both good and bad, and bring in players of his choice, he will play dirty to win,,, he will park the bus heavily, he will fight and definitely beat wenger, he will win trophies but he won't last long andwhat is it they say about him staying in a club for more than 2 years Mourinho is just an upgrade of van gaal in more areas no wonder he was van gaals assistant manager in barcelona,,,,,, I am subject to correction in my little article,,, thankz

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by kiddkash(m): 2:59pm On May 23, 2016
mukina2:
I will miss the philosophy and his note book sad

grin grin
like what sexmasochism?
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by Addicted2Women: 3:01pm On May 23, 2016
skywalker001:
Lolz its means Dog's children... Ready to return d favour wen ma ibo gf go tel me wetin I no undastand grin

What is doggy style in Yoruba ??
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by Addicted2Women: 3:03pm On May 23, 2016
bigfoot79:

Bingo is aja or local dog the street, baring it ll so to be the children of public dog is not a good thing

What is doggy style in Yoruba
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by EbiJUNIRO(m): 3:10pm On May 23, 2016
valencia25:

A new Era has just begun and we can safely assume that Arsenal has lost 6 points already next season. cool

You well
Then Stop Assuming
talking like youSa b¡tch.
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 23, 2016
flexxyworld:
'Lose' van gaal.!
I just can't wait too watch the real classic premier league next season. 'Mourinho, guardiola, conte, pocchetino, raneiri, mazzarri, wenger' all coaching. In the EPL, simeone. We await yo!

After so many ATTEMPTs lately, FP&FTC
Moral lesson : never give up on your dreams, cheers! What a way too start my week.
. am a fan of the EPL, but the presence of those coaches won't make any EPL team end top 4 in Europe next season...guadiola leaving beyern doesn't make beyern a weak team, the absence of simeone won't make atletico weak either...is true EPL will be a league to watch with the presence of those names..but count them out of champions league top 4

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 23, 2016
i love jose mourinho and hate red devils ,,,, so what am i going to do now when he joins red devil
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by bpee: 3:23pm On May 23, 2016
FrancisDiote:
United have made a very big mistake by sacking a van gal... Mourinho comes with his baggage of problem, fighting the press, public dress down of players, fight with FA and playing less attractive football... Time will prove they made a costly mistake by appointing MOURINHO
which do u say the mistake is,,sacking van gaal or appointing mourinho? The later,i might agree with u,but sacking lvg is the best news so far for me this year,,that man made me hate football
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by bpee: 3:29pm On May 23, 2016
Clintonblaze:
After sacking van gaal is mourinho better? My fellow football fans, am not picking sides here but am calling us all to reason this issue together. (1) we all attacked van gaal because of his boring possession football which he plays in his own half, but let's think, will mourinho play a better football? He led chelsea 2 seasons ago to play one of the sweetest football in epl for half season and after just one defeat during the festive period( which is a very trying time in epl) against spurs he panicked and changed to total parking the bus till the end of the season, even in bigger occasions we still remember the heavy parking the bus which mourinho inspired inter milan to beat barcelona. Mark my word, you will not get any good football from mourinho. (2) we love what martial, rashford, lingard etc did last season, they really tried I admit, they are the future of man utd. But are they? Mourinho is not known to be a lover of young talents, he needs proven players who have conquered leagues, who can attack any team at the same time, play defensive and be aggressive but sorry to say rashford, martial and lingard does not seem to have those DEFENSIVE abilities and you know mourinho, he will kick them out! Already the press has started linking ibrahimovic to work with mourinho and if that works, then be sure that the 34 year old will play every game this season even carling cup. (3) We all say van gaal has no friendly relationship with players especially when you think of how he treated chicharito( van gaal told him that he doubts if chicharito can play for man utd ever again after missing a penalty, that even wilson is higher than him in the order) and valdes. Now, over to mourinho, shevchenko and torres will tell you that he is not a friendly coach even lukaku would still remember his encounter, so a little mistake, a missed chance, a missed penalty, and mourinho will kick you out! (4) van gaal made a blunder when he sold chicharito, welbeck, van persie, nani, kagawa, evra, etc. And they are all doing well in their various new clubs, some won trophies and some became better players. Now, mourinho has a worse record, he sold de bruyne, andre schurrle, lukaku, and a host of many I can't mention and they all did well. (5) van gaal talks too much and makes headlines with stupid statement, recently he claimed man utd fans ask for too much, but what do you expect from fans who for the past 27 years,, all they know is winning trophies and being happy, all of a sudden you want them to lower their standard and start celebrating top 4 and fa cup triumphs, man, they aint arsenal fans please. But is mourinho better? I enjoyed his beef with wenger but I was angry when he said chelsea fans are as silent as a grave yard, I didn't enjoy his public treatment of chelsea doctor eva caniero,,, etc. We all can see that van gaal ain't what man ntd needs and mourinho ain't what man utd needs too if they are looking for long time replacement for ferguson, mourinho will sell nearly every players both good and bad, and bring in players of his choice, he will play dirty to win,,, he will park the bus heavily, he will fight and definitely beat wenger, he will win trophies but he won't last long andwhat is it they say about him staying in a club for more than 2 years Mourinho is just an upgrade of van gaal in more areas no wonder he was van gaals assistant manager in barcelona,,,,,, I am subject to correction in my little article,,, thankz
is mourinho better? I don't know,,but what I know is that united were so damn on point sacking lvg
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by Stanleywaxy(m): 3:34pm On May 23, 2016
Clintonblaze:
Try get your facts right Brother .

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by cocoduck: 3:39pm On May 23, 2016
bpee:
is mourinho better? I don't know,,but what I know is that united were so damn on point sacking lvg
The agreement was that man united must qualify for CL, but did man united qualify? No, so why are these people feeling sorry for him? Abi they want us to continue dashing every dick tom and harry free three points, look arsenal, you people must prepare our six points and hand it over to us, already, we no want Tory!

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by Stanleywaxy(m): 3:41pm On May 23, 2016
elampiro:

Van Gaal greatest mistake was playing Blind in Centre Back against physical oppositions like West Ham when he had Jones on the bench, and Mensah in the squad who could head the ball better. United lost the aerial battle against West Ham and that was the end of top four.

Are you ok at all ? Didn't you see Blind at against Man city , he just kept Aguero to himself , same thing he did to Lukaku against Everton .
Daley is 200x better than Jones biko , and he's formed a good partnership with smalling too .
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:42pm On May 23, 2016
xtervaganza:
you don't need to post any link to prove your point

And bleacherreports? Seriously hahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahah

As someone who followed Real Madrid I can tell you Raul departure has been announced close to a year before Mourinho arrived.

It had nothing to do with him at all

In Madrid, Raul is close to royalty, and the club's leading goalscorer. Along with another club favourite, the midfielder Guti, the pair are as much a part of Real as the famous white shirts and notorious grand plans to rule the world – but it appears their reigns are at an end.

Both players made their debuts here 16 and 15 years ago respectively, despite having long since stopped commanding regular first-team places. Both have survived 14 different coaches. But neither will see in the Mourinho era. Jose told them there was no need to turn up yesterday. Officially they have been allowed time to "sort out their futures" – and unofficially told not to come back.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/mourinhos-first-day-unleashes-real-revolution-2027594.html
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by Stanleywaxy(m): 3:45pm On May 23, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Genius Bomb. No genius would have acted the way Mourinho acted against Eva. A long serving doctor. He even suspended her from doing her job.

Mourinho dropped Kaka on the bench. After a suspension of Mourinho, Karanka (Coach of the promoted Middlesborough) used Kaka and Kaka was brilliant.

Dropped Mata, Chelsea's best player for two season. Fell out with Casillas at the detriment of Real Madrid.
Casillas has lost it then , he wasn't the world class goalie he was before Mou came to the Bernabeu
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by Stanleywaxy(m): 3:47pm On May 23, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

In Madrid, Raul is close to royalty, and the club's leading goalscorer. Along with another club favourite, the midfielder Guti, the pair are as much a part of Real as the famous white shirts and notorious grand plans to rule the world – but it appears their reigns are at an end.

Both players made their debuts here 16 and 15 years ago respectively, despite having long since stopped commanding regular first-team places. Both have survived 14 different coaches. But neither will see in the Mourinho era. Jose told them there was no need to turn up yesterday. Officially they have been allowed time to "sort out their futures" – and unofficially told not to come back.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/mourinhos-first-day-unleashes-real-revolution-2027594.html
Excuse me , Do you mean Raul is still the club's leading goal scorer ?
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by anigold(m): 3:49pm On May 23, 2016
valencia25:

Ranieri was sacked before getting Leceister job and they almost got relagated last season before this season triumph.

Do not underestimate 'COMMITMENT IN FOOTBALL', it can turn ANYTHING around.
I'm happy we're getting mourinho because of his never die spirit which he always take everywhere he goes.

His Chelsea shambles was due to mismanagement and I'm sure he must have learnt one or two things from there.

So, your point again?

its was destined for Ranieri to win atleast one League title in his coaching career,he has never won one before..
Mourinho never change he is a 2 season wonder and the third season is always a tsunami where he destroys every achievement of the previous seasons.. I was expecting to be a bit patient with Van gaal considering the fact that most of the manchester united players were now accustomed to his philosophy...
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:53pm On May 23, 2016
Stanleywaxy:
Excuse me , Do you mean Raul is still the club's leading goal scorer ?

Click the article and see the date the article was posted. This was years ago when Madrid signed Mourinho.
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by Iamthoney(m): 3:54pm On May 23, 2016
Ktrapp:
End of free points for other teams
Like say no be him dey in charge of Chelshit when them they do promo upandan last season
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:54pm On May 23, 2016
Stanleywaxy:
Casillas has lost it then , he wasn't the world class goalie he was before Mou came to the Bernabeu

I am talking about Mou's rep of falling out with characters who have respect in the club he works with.
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by Stanleywaxy(m): 3:56pm On May 23, 2016
xtervaganza:
when and where did Mourinho spend 3 seasons at Porto?

And you clearly omitted his 3rd season at Chelsea(1st time) when he won 2 trophies
His first job as a senior coach was @ FC Porto , he beat Man united in the semifinals to win his first champions league , he came to England for the first time after that triumph .
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by Stanleywaxy(m): 3:57pm On May 23, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Click the article and see the date the article was posted. This was years ago when Madrid signed Mourinho.
ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Hull City Vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 27th August 2016 / West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 2) On 4th December 2021 / Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 3) On 15th February 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.