Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,749 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To (77025 Views)

( DROP SHIPPING ) How to buy in china and sell in USA while you are in Nigeria / Mini Importation Business Still Rocks - Drop Shipping And Much More / Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by LePrezident(m): 8:55am On May 25, 2017
iamord:
I have a card. so are u saying I can go to a random ATM to redraw. I hope it won't swallow my card. and how do I get to know my ATM pin for the payoneer?

You have to go to an ATM that is compatible with MasterCard; Payoneer is based on MasterCard . The card came with a PIN, no?
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by iamord(m): 9:01am On May 25, 2017
LePrezident:

You have to go to an ATM that is compatible with MasterCard; Payoneer is based on MasterCard . The card came with a PIN, no?
I will check then. thanks. bit if someone sends in a big amount , will the person be allowed to? cos the first time i received money through it they asked for some verifications
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by LePrezident(m): 9:11am On May 25, 2017
iamord:
I will check then. thanks. bit if someone sends in a big amount , will the person be allowed to? cos the first time i received money through it they asked for some verifications

I do not think you will be restricted to receivING any amount considering that they also make money from your transactions on the card. And you surely have to verify your identity and you are good to go. Also, in case you are having difficulties with your PIN, you can contact them directly through your online Payoneer account.
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by iamord(m): 9:22am On May 25, 2017
LePrezident:

I do not think you will be restricted to receivING any amount considering that they also make money from your transactions on the card. And you surely have to verify your identity and you are good to go. Also, in case you are having difficulties with your PIN, you can contact them directly through your online Payoneer account.
thanks a mill

1 Like

Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by LePrezident(m): 8:17am On Jun 04, 2017
mchenzy:
Is very easy to start dropshipping. Just built mine yesterday with just $4 BitCoin... awkward? Yea it is.... only one person here in Nairaland knows about my dropshipping.

The way I see it is this, don't share anything till it has grown. That's the hard lesson I have learnt.

Edit: Ask me questions and I will answer them but when it goes too much to big secrets I won't answer them...fair enough.

I just set-up my shopify store. How do I stock it with products?
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by mchenzy: 12:01am On Jun 05, 2017
LePrezident:

I just set-up my shopify store. How do I stock it with products?

Really?...that's the most awkward question I have ever got. I think you should ask Google that question, sorry no offense.

1 Like

Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by nairacent(m): 2:23pm On Jun 05, 2017
How do i accept payment in nigeria ? Since paypal is not available.
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by nairacent(m): 2:25pm On Jun 05, 2017
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by nairacent(m): 2:45pm On Jun 05, 2017
kencoinz:
ECommerce business is not for the faint in heart fellas.

I started with shopify and to be candid my first few months shopify fee wasted cos I was not doing something's right.

My advice is you perform extensive research make lot of friends in the industry lol.

Finally stay away from shopify... Some people go tear me but that's the truth.

What do we use to develop our store is your question?
Wordpress
Woocommerce
Ecommerce themes

Works really good and you can learn how to put a good store up.

Source to learn:
Youtube
Google

If you are then lazy

Research a name, register the name and host it
Get any wp eCommerce theme you love, no buy am just get the name
Contact me with your money, I will put up a high converting store for you and your store will also have an app but no forget hold money.

But learn how to do it will be the best.

Hello How did you guys setup to recieve payment. This has being my main challenge. Can you direct me on how to setup to recieve payment.
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by CosmicJames(m): 5:54am On Jun 06, 2017
nairacent:
How do i accept payment in nigeria ? Since paypal is not available.
Consider getting a PayPal business account. Not Nigeria PayPal. But a country PayPal that can send and receive payment like US, Canada, UK etc
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 24, 2017
CosmicJames:

Now I got the point of @iamord.
What about ebay that holds funds for 21days?
Dropshipping in generl is a cool biz model in the sense tht you don't have to use your own money to buy products. You only serves as a middle man between buyer nd a manufacturer, whole seller or a retailler and taken your cut on each sale you successfully close. But of course, one must use his or her own money in the begining to kick start the business due to polices of the available platforms.

How to deal with this situation if you are just starting out?
Go for low priced products/items that you can conviniently buy with your own money.
Don't think of making profit. Infact, you can even loose money sef.
Even if you don't profit on your first few sales, do not worry.
Your goal is to cross the funds holding policy.
Once that is done, you can then start real business and be making the $$$

can I start like Ds according to my research..drop ship from Amazon to eBay....have opened my account on both websites..
have even opened PayPal account,but I can't link my card gt nor my zenith card to it..so if am to pay on amazon,after I have an order being placed on eBay..that means I have to order directly using my card..amd and again you said something about starting with a very low price of item..guess like 7 to 20$...
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 24, 2017
CosmicJames:

Good move. All those foreign courses are not prepared with Nigerians in mind. I believe the guru aka @Mchenzy will do justice to this matter. Hopefully you find a solution through him.
I was able to overcome this problem of payment gateway after a very long research.
Today, I can dropship on eBay using PayPal Business account. 2checkout is also an option to use. Though they have a bit of long process

good to hear that broo..i have a PayPal personal account ,.but I can't link my card..can u pls explain how to go about d business PayPal account,so as to start also..
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by CosmicJames(m): 2:50pm On Jun 24, 2017
peenarz:

good to hear that broo..i have a PayPal personal account ,.but I can't link my card..can u pls explain how to go about d business PayPal account,so as to start also..
You can't link your ZB card to your PayPal at this time due to the CBN ban on our CC for online transactions.

You will need a Social Security Number (SSN) and USA phone number to successfully open a USA PayPal Business account.
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by CosmicJames(m): 3:02pm On Jun 24, 2017
peenarz:

can I start like Ds according to my research..drop ship from Amazon to eBay....have opened my account on both websites..
have even opened PayPal account,but I can't link my card gt nor my zenith card to it..so if am to pay on amazon,after I have an order being placed on eBay..that means I have to order directly using my card..amd and again you said something about starting with a very low price of item..guess like 7 to 20$...
EBay will hold your customers fund for 21days. That's how they handle new sellers.
For this reason, is it wise to buy low price product that you can use your money to purchase while the customers fund is still being locked.

For the card issue, like I said in the other reply, our Credit cards is under CBN ban and can't be use for online transactions including linking to PayPal.

What we are using to overcome this problem at the moment is VCC ( Virtual Credit Card)

I explain how to get a VCC in the link below
https://www.nairaland.com/3805937/ultimate-virtual-credit-card-vcc#57797465
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jun 24, 2017
CosmicJames:

EBay will hold your customers fund for 21days. That's how they handle new sellers.
For this reason, is it wise to buy low price product that you can use your money to purchase while the customers fund is still being locked.

For the card issue, like I said in the other reply, our Credit cards is under CBN ban and can't be use for online transactions including linking to PayPal.

What we are using to overcome this problem at the moment is VCC ( Virtual Credit Card)

I explain how to get a VCC in the link below
https://www.nairaland.com/3805937/ultimate-virtual-credit-card-vcc#57797465

thanks so much bro..have seen the link on the vcc and I'll get in touch with you soon ..
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jun 24, 2017
CosmicJames:

You can't link your ZB card to your PayPal at this time due to the CBN ban on our CC for online transactions.

You will need a Social Security Number (SSN) and USA phone number to successfully open a USA PayPal Business account.

thanx so much bro..
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by kraits03: 5:04pm On Jul 02, 2017
Hi guys,

I just learnt that paystack, a nigerian payment gateway can be used on shopify. Has anybody tried to use this service?

I contacted them and i was informed that goods have to be quoted in Naira.

Any information about this please?

Thanks.
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by maybrowne(m): 8:42pm On Jul 04, 2017
kraits03:
Hi guys,

I just learnt that paystack, a nigerian payment gateway can be used on shopify. Has anybody tried to use this service?

I contacted them and i was informed that goods have to be quoted in Naira.

Any information about this please?

Thanks.

Yeah you can now use paystack with shopify, was amazed when I saw it, though I have gone of shopify.

I find it more fulfilling having my own e-commerce website where the few control is in my hands.

But what if I told you that there is a way to do a 100% local drop shipping system right here in Nigeria, getting/sourcing the products locally from wholesalers and major importers right here in Nigeria for insane cheap prices and marketing it for over 100% profit using........ Facebook + your e-commerce website (not compulsory but very essential)

I will be sharing steps by steps of how to go about it in a while as well as

* How to discover hot in demand products to go for
* Discovering where and how to source the products locally
* Courier companies to use for delivery
* Getting better results with facebook ads

among others

........but a quick question, do you think I should open a new thread so we can deal with it there more or I should go ahead and discuss about it here.

What do you think?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by CosmicJames(m): 10:05am On Jul 05, 2017
maybrowne:

Yeah you can now use paystack with shopify, was amazed when I saw it, though I have gone of shopify.

I find it more fulfilling having my own e-commerce website where the few control is in my hands.

But what if I told you that there is a way to do a 100% local drop shipping system right here in Nigeria, getting/sourcing the products locally from wholesalers and major importers right here in Nigeria for insane cheap prices and marketing it for over 100% profit using........ Facebook + your e-commerce website (not compulsory but very essential)

among others

........but a quick question, do you think I should open a new thread so we can deal with it there more or I should go ahead and discuss about it here.

What do you think?
Great ideas you have here.
It is always good to be independent than being dependent. I think your idea is still dropshipping in Nigeria which is the purpose of this thread. So, you can share here instead of creating a new thread for it.
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by Trillyonaire: 8:16pm On Jul 06, 2017
maybrowne:

What do you think?

Here is perfect
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by mchenzy: 2:56am On Jul 11, 2017
maybrowne:

among others

What do you think?

Wow i guess i missed this thread...Is so much possible but inventory will be the problem. On the other hand, shopify can be used for dropshipping without paying at all, allows you to sell 50 products, no custom domain...etc.
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by evergreen9: 10:27am On Jul 13, 2017
Good post. Would read more
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by Manutd19: 3:19pm On Jul 20, 2017
maybrowne:

among others

What do you think?

Here please. Waiting
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by Silvermoney: 3:25pm On Jul 21, 2017
CosmicJames:

You can start on your own platform using Shopify, Woocommence, BigCommence etc.
Or use existing platforms like eBay or Amazon. With proper research, training and mastery of the subject, you will be on your way to financial freedom.

CC: Mchenzy

Do you guys think that drop shipping in Nigeria could be very practicable and profitable without glitches? I mean drop shipping from Chinese manufacturers/suppliers (or even Nigerian manufacturers/suppliers) to Nigerian customers here in Nigeria... Is that gonna work?

I have a good dot NG domain which I currently use as a blog, but I have recently installed woocommerce on it and want to remodel it into a full-fledged drop shipping/E-commerce entity, but focused on Nigeria. What do you think is involved here?
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by Silvermoney: 4:09pm On Jul 21, 2017
maybrowne:

among others

What do you think?

This is WHAT I'm talking about. Local drop shipping. Please share more info about this right here.

I'm particularly interested in:

How to get a reliable third party logistics company to handle the order fulfillments (pick up items from local suppliers/manufacturers and delivery directly to customers nationwide and collect payment for customers that prefer pay on delivery)

How to address the payment problem... Payment gateway, pay on delivery, et cetera.

How to make the whole process as automated and scalable as possible (real drop shipping).

Other intricate details as well.
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 21, 2017
raypex:
Sounds like a nice idea. I am glad there are like minds here. But I am in Ph, not lagos.
Anyways we can always communicate here on nairaland as we get to understand how (and if) it can be successfully carried out in Nigeria.
Perhaps someone with experience /info about this potential profit maker, would drop a comment soon.
Cheers! #TheHustle
are u still in pH cu's am in pH as well.. We can hookup.. Am just reading this from the beginning now..
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by CosmicJames(m): 8:57pm On Jul 21, 2017
Silvermoney:

Do you guys think that drop shipping in Nigeria could be very practicable and profitable without glitches? I mean drop shipping from Chinese manufacturers/suppliers (or even Nigerian manufacturers/suppliers) to Nigerian customers here in Nigeria... Is that gonna work?

I have a good dot NG domain which I currently use as a blog, but I have recently installed woocommerce on it and want to remodel it into a full-fledged drop shipping/E-commerce entity, but focused on Nigeria. What do you think is involved here?
You've really gone far bro. But the answer to your questions is beyond the scope of this thread.
You have to think about payment gateway integration for your shop and how the Nigerian community will pay for your products especially now that Nigeria CC (Credit Card) is under ban.

Woocomerce is an awesome wordpress plugin and can do wonders if you know what you are doing. I'm using it on my latest project (www.kikimat.com) which is a social network.

I wanted to run a full-fledged E-commerce platform that will power other people to open their own shops and sell on the site just like what eBay and Amazon is doing. But my site's theme couldn't handle such vast integration. So I've reserved it as a future project.

There is a whole lot of things that goes into what you are trying to do and it needs some indept explanation if not training which is definitely beyond the scope of this thread.

This thread focuses mainly on local transactions.
But when you mention Woocomerce, then you are
going international. Although Woocomerce can still be configured to work locally if you know how.
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 21, 2017
Silvermoney:

The major problem in Nigeria are the transport means to get your goods delivered if you are using your own store.
A serious shop should be on a shopify platform and not woo commerce in relation to security and good outlook/ease of use.
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by Silvermoney: 10:46pm On Jul 21, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

The major problem in Nigeria are the transport means to get your goods delivered if you are using your own store.
A serious shop should be on a shopify platform and not woo commerce in relation to security and good outlook/ease of use.

The two key issues that I'm worried about are: transport/logistics/fulfilment and payment system. Let's say I want to source products from a Nigeria based manufacturer/supplier... I'm sure most Nigerian manufacturers or suppliers would be unwilling to handle direct fulfilment to customers. So that means I have to find reliable third party logistics companies that can pick up products from the manufacturer/supplier, and deliver to the customer's location, to fulfil each order...and collect payment from the customer (90% of Nigerian consumers prefer and insist on the pay on delivery option.). I'm looking at this and wondering whether there is an efficient, seamless and reliable way to handle this process.

Who else understands my point? I need us to get around this issue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by Silvermoney: 10:55pm On Jul 21, 2017
CosmicJames:

You've really gone far bro. But the answer to your questions is beyond the scope of this thread.
You have to think about payment gateway integration for your shop and how the Nigerian community will pay for your products especially now that Nigeria CC (Credit Card) is under ban.

Woocomerce is an awesome wordpress plugin and can do wonders if you know what you are doing. I'm using it on my latest project (www.kikimat.com) which is a social network.

I wanted to run a full-fledged E-commerce platform that will power other people to open their own shops and sell on the site just like what eBay and Amazon is doing. But my site's theme couldn't handle such vast integration. So I've reserved it as a future project.

There is a whole lot of things that goes into what you are trying to do and it needs some indept explanation if not training which is definitely beyond the scope of this thread.

This thread focuses mainly on local transactions.
But when you mention Woocomerce, then you are
going international. Although Woocomerce can still be configured to work locally if you know how.

I'm not sure what you mean by Nigerian CC being under ban. People can use their regular Nigerian debit card info to pay for goods and services online in Nigeria, but the problem is that most Nigerians prefer pay on delivery. Only the big guys like Jumia and Konga can make some customers pre-pay online with their cards prior to delivery. For regular folk like us that have our own E-commerce sites, it's difficult to convince anyone here to pay upfront, prior to delivery.

So my point is, in addition to the logistics problem of how to pick up ordered goods from the local suppliers here in Nigeria and deliver to customers here, which payment system would work well for a fully Nigerian focused drop shipping operation? I see a huge huge HUGE market and potential here, if we can crack these systemic challenges. Let's forget the tested and trusted US-focused drop shipping (including Ebay Amazon et al) for a moment, and think 100% local. Any thoughts on this? Is this feasible?
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by CosmicJames(m): 1:52am On Jul 22, 2017
Silvermoney:

I'm not sure what you mean by Nigerian CC being under ban. People can use their regular Nigerian debit card info to pay for goods and services online in Nigeria, but the problem is that most Nigerians prefer pay on delivery. Only the big guys like Jumia and Konga can make some customers pre-pay online with their cards prior to delivery. For regular folk like us that have our own E-commerce sites, it's difficult to convince anyone here to pay upfront, prior to delivery.

So my point is, in addition to the logistics problem of how to pick up ordered goods from the local suppliers here in Nigeria and deliver to customers here, which payment system would work well for a fully Nigerian focused drop shipping operation? I see a huge huge HUGE market and potential here, if we can crack these systemic challenges. Let's forget the tested and trusted US-focused drop shipping (including Ebay Amazon et al) for a moment, and think 100% local. Any thoughts on this? Is this feasible?
I know our CC works locally online. But have you ask yourself the payment gateways that is being used for these local transactions? Will those payment gateways work with Woo? When you ask these questions and try to answer them, you will begin to understand what I mean by Nigeria CC is under ban.

On the potential of the market in Nigeria, the market is there. But you know what? I don't even think about it. I mean dropshipping in Nigeria. You know why? The reason is simple: it will not work! Nigeria is not yet ripe for dropshipping.

Jumia have gone a long way to make Nigerians shop online with their CCs, but they (Jumia) is not dropshipping.
Even if you are able to fix the problem of payment gateway, the problem of trust and logistics are there. How do you intend/want to fix that?

Don't forget that in dropshipping, it's the customers' money that is use in purchasing the products while the manufacturer/wholesaler ship the product directly to the customer.

Now, when Nigerians are not yet willing to pay upfront except you offer pay on delivery + a very poor logistic system, how will you dropship in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by Silvermoney: 9:25pm On Jul 22, 2017
maybrowne:

among others

What do you think?

Still waiting bro. Please come back and finish what you started, for the benefit of us anxious and committed businessmen. Been refreshing this page throughout today for your response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Ismaila Mompha Flaunts $4million Cash On Instagram (photos) / 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? / The Value Of CFA To Naira As At Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.