Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,880 members, 7,838,153 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch (27944 Views)

Ekiti Says No To Adoption Of Fayose's Candidate / Fayose Bans All Students Activities And Public Processions In Ekiti State / Fayose Bans Herdsmen: What If The North Retaliates? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch by castrokins(m): 5:44pm On May 23, 2016
Got Nothing But Love For Gov. Ayodele Peter Fayose.
Re: Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch by str8talk1: 5:45pm On May 23, 2016
My Pastor once told me dat left for him he wld prefer these marauding herdsmen to b killed wherever they r in their host community.
Dis gov. is a man i can trust even more than any Southern Nigeria gov. who r much concerned abt. their immediate selfish interest.
I wonder who,4rm d Southern Nigeria in d NA r going to pass d North East Development Commission (NEDC) whn d same Northern legislators refused d passage of d original PIB Bill just because of d 10% oil earnings dat will b given to d host communities.
Re: Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch by chachanga: 5:48pm On May 23, 2016
When a hypocritical sadistic ethno-religious bigot keeps undermining the interests of the polity for the unfounded greed and wickedness of his kin, you will soon find right-thinking people taking active corrective steps.

Isn't the Grazing Reserve Bill itself unconstitutional? The Land Use Act confers powers of land allocation on State Governments so how do you relate to the idea of Presidency playing games with the powers of States?

The North itself has land areas well in excess of the South West, South South & the already well-eroded South East.

So, where is the point in grabbing lands for some killer Fulani's?!

Some might call Fayose a vigilante, a thug or whatever else but is it not the inept leadership that paved way for this?!
Re: Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch by Observant: 5:49pm On May 23, 2016
What Fayose is doing in the west is what we currently lack in the East.
Politicians who love cherish there people more than the office they occupy, Politicians who speak without fear or favour.

That is what my people currently lack. I hope the remaining southern cowardice governors take a pick from this one to protect their people whilst sanitizing their states. This is 21st century no idiot should be moving around with cows to the detriment of our civility.

3 Likes

Re: Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch by obisdavinc(m): 5:49pm On May 23, 2016
Enugu state governor, fear fear igho man. see your colleague.
Re: Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch by afonjay: 5:49pm On May 23, 2016
In the history of Fayose in my memmory dis is only one I like utrance. Cos I can not go sokoto n start destroy ppl farmland or set up farming without formality or necessary prodcedure
Re: Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch by Poweredbreww: 5:50pm On May 23, 2016
Guyman02:
Fayoses mother must be an Igbo woman or the man who impregnated her to give birth to him may have been an Igbo man neighbour of his father. This kind of courage is rare in Yorubaland.

With people like Fayose Ilorin will be recovered from the Fulanis

Typical Loudmouthed Ibo man, coming from someone whose people had to fast and pray when attacked by fulani. Tell us one brave thing your tribe have done for once. Online brave tribe.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch by engrchykae(m): 5:53pm On May 23, 2016
olatade:
"Fayose only impresses illiterates. He's never in the news for laudable projects, he's is either riding bike, cutting ponmo or insulting the Federal Government.

Fayose is the tragedy that happens when Ekiti people chose 'rice' and a 'bastard' over an educational colossus like Fayemi. What a disaster!"
- Olusegun Obasanjo.
but the learned fashola have not been able to deliver on power.what have fayemi achieved as minister and governor.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch by Poweredbreww: 5:54pm On May 23, 2016
aljharem:
Great. I respect this man more than Tinubu. At least he protect the interest of us Yorubas

Kudos to Fayose for this bold move but Guy, you are not Yoruba, stop that nonsense. Old nairalanders know you very well, you have once claim Kanuri, Anambra, Niger delta, Awori and many other tribe.
Re: Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch by Poweredbreww: 5:56pm On May 23, 2016
vislabraye:

I'm proud of Fayose. Courage has nothing to do with ethnicity. I waiting for the SW youth to abuse him. undecided

Abuse him for what? Only a b.astard will abuse him for this move, I am not his fan cos of his ways and too much talk but this is a very right move. Kudos to him

1 Like

Re: Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch by opius: 5:58pm On May 23, 2016
Local hunter alrd preparing for war...

Re: Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch by Chilug(m): 6:00pm On May 23, 2016
9jatriot:
Good solution for once. Any cow seen will be used for stomach infrastructure.
state government can open ranches and collect taxes to boost their IGR. All states can actually don this.
Fayose remains an Ekiti mistake though.
The challenge remains with what security personnel will he use to enforce this law, because the last time I checked, police and army are still the property of federal government
Re: Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch by Cubeet: 6:02pm On May 23, 2016
Governor Okowa should do the Same
Re: Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch by baresywood(m): 6:05pm On May 23, 2016
Let the workers salary be paid. The workforce of Ekiti is feeling as if they are being killed by their Gov. because they can't pay their bills and they are walloping in hunger & poverty. Monkey dey work baboons dey chop. For us to hear what the gov is saying, pay salary. Our children are hungry, we can't affored to pay our rent and other bills. Stopping Fulani from killing people you're not paying them their warrented salary is pure FALACY.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch by Deadlytruth(m): 6:13pm On May 23, 2016
Fayose should have rather advocated and sponsored a bill towards creating state police.
Even if his bill to criminalize normadism scales through it will still come back to rely on the overcentralized Nigeria Police Force to implement. And we all know how responsive to emergency the centralized police is. Those Southerners who joined GEJ in arguing against state police on the senseless excuse that it will be abused by governors for election rigging seem to have started seeing their folly especially following how the Enugu governor got intelligence information before the Enugu massacre but could not secure the IG's cooperation as per swift response.
Secondly, it is almost impossible for Nigerians to learn from history. I can see some Igbos here chanting Fayose for president and trying to paint him as an ideal leader of Yorubas instead of Tinubu whom they seem to describe as an ass licker. One might even agree with the notion that OBJ is an embarrassment to the Yoruba race. However, Igbos current positive disposition to Fayose for his apparent anti-Tinubu stand is evocative of igbos initial positive disposition to Akintola's Anti-Awolowo stand which took Igbos as far as wanting Akintola to subdue and entirely relegate Awolowo to the background for the pro-Igbo NCNC to take over Western Region thus the whole Nigeria, and after Akintola succeeded in that with Igbos help he began to witch hunt the Igbos in the Western Region Civil Service and tried to use his newfound NNA alliance with Balewa to oust Igbos from federal positions. I personally don't see how Fayose, on becoming president of Nigeria with Igbo support, will not turn around to fight Igbos to protect Yoruba interest just as it was with Akintola. History has a way of repeating itself.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch by senatorbayor(m): 6:15pm On May 23, 2016
whoever does not like this bold step should request that the fulani should come to his locality or backyard to rear their cows.
We cant keep quiet in the face of oppression and total destruction of lives cos some animals must live

Shiooo !!!!

This is one of the duty of govt: Protection of life and properties
Re: Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch by tukdi: 6:15pm On May 23, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch by Abagworo(m): 6:16pm On May 23, 2016
He is right this time. We need to move away from old unproductive ways to modern system of cattle raring.
Re: Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch by eyeview: 6:17pm On May 23, 2016
Operation shoot the roaming fulani herdsman. If Buhari interferes,shoot him too!

1 Like

Re: Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch by Arabs999: 6:20pm On May 23, 2016
knightsTempler:
cool

Fayose's rating keep soaring high, this man should be the representative of the whole Yoruba people. Yoruba's need brave warriors like Fayose, not some cowardly àss licking slaves.

Fayose the generalissimo of the South West, long may your reign be.

..OP, u are 100% correct.
...He is currently the anointed leader of the Yoruba race.....
Re: Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch by enny09: 6:21pm On May 23, 2016
Kudos to governor fayose for this great move.
Re: Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch by BankeSmalls(f): 6:23pm On May 23, 2016
Guyman02:
Fayoses mother must be an Igbo woman or the man who impregnated her to give birth to him may have been an Igbo man neighbour of his father. This kind of courage is rare in Yorubaland.

With people like Fayose Ilorin will be recovered from the Fulanis

They had an ibo neighbor when the mum was newly married, Ojukwu's uncle grin grin

Fayose is a cousin to Ojukwu grin grin
Re: Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch by suyamasta(m): 6:24pm On May 23, 2016
I totally support this one!

1 Like

Re: Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 23, 2016
This is how leaders respond to issues,

1 Like

Re: Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 23, 2016
nextstep:
Just making blanket, immediate bans without thinking out the process is utter rubbish. Our leaders never seem to take time to think of how to properly resolve an issue over the long term.

What the governor needs to do is:

- establish ranches, or give incentives for private sector to establish ranches over a two-year period

- hire a few Fulani men on your team

- visit north, dialog with herdsman and encourage them to graze on the ranches you've established

- ensure the ranches are maintained, listen often to the needs to the herdsmen

This will insure a longer lasting peace.

Chai, as lords of Nigeria right?

How many northern states take into account the needs of the southerners living up der before making policies. Did northern governors visit southerners or consult them before the institution of Sharia law and outlawing of alcohol in the northern states?

4 Likes

Re: Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch by Rexyl(m): 6:26pm On May 23, 2016
olatade:
"Fayose only impresses illiterates. He's never in the news for laudable projects, he's is either riding bike, cutting ponmo or insulting the Federal Government.

Fayose is the tragedy that happens when Ekiti people chose 'rice' and a 'bastard' over an educational colossus like Fayemi. What a disaster!"
- Olusegun Oba
sanjo.

Shame on you for crucifying Fayose for taking the best step that other governors are afraid to take because they don't want to offend PMB at the expense of their own people

Shame on you together

1 Like

Re: Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch by aobinna79(m): 6:28pm On May 23, 2016
olatade:

- Olusegun Obasanjo.
so your learned now? Fayose is saying the truth, na u be illiterate
Re: Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch by calcal: 6:28pm On May 23, 2016
outlaws has to pay land use rent, Tax, buy feed, buy water, pay vet-doctors, pay employees and learn how to do business in 21st century.
Re: Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch by preselect(m): 6:30pm On May 23, 2016
[size=18pt]I am not against giving cattle rearers land for grazing, all I am saying is that any village that gives these fulani herdsmen land for grazing should know that in 100yrs time, the official language of that village will be hausa-fulani and the official religion will be Islam, and there will be constant blood shed until the population of that village is at least 80% muslim and 90%of the women are married to muslim men.

This is a strategic hausa-fulanization of Nigeria as part of the grand design of dipping the koran into the sea.[/size]

#KillersWillAlwaysKill
#SayNoToFulaniHerdsthugs

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch by 9jatriot(m): 6:36pm On May 23, 2016
Comprehension problem.
aubventure:

Yea he remains ekiti mistake because he has refuse to be a coward like you
Re: Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch by tomakint: 6:38pm On May 23, 2016
9jatriot:
Good solution for once. Any cow seen will be used for stomach infrastructure.
state government can open ranches and collect taxes to boost their IGR. All states can actually don this.
Fayose remains an Ekiti mistake though.
You have said nice and reasonable things until you spoilt your post with the last words in bold. What makes him a mistake to Ekiti people? A man who stood in the gap for the downtrodden in the State is now a mistake? You gotta be joking

1 Like

Re: Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch by Samunique(m): 6:39pm On May 23, 2016
soft24:

you need to see him on his way to Oke Ako this morning with his entourage. I met him in front of Ekiti state teaching hospital. With truck loads of mobile police and military guys,I knew he was poised for war with those Fulani guys. Fayose is fearless when it comes to stuffs like that. He is itching to send some Fulani men to jail for life. I hope when he starts dealing with them,some people will not come up with nonsense
He's the only voice we have in Yoruba land for now, the rest are politically blinded sycophantic bigots.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign / How Ex-boko Haram Leader, Shekau, Fled Without Pregnant Wife, Army Tells NHRC / Atiku Abubakar Flies In A Private Jet Ahead Of London Summit . Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.