Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Re: Kashamu’s Dollars Can’t Buy Pdp Leadership - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: Kashamu’s Dollars Can’t Buy Pdp Leadership (475 Views)

Supreme Court Reserves Judgment in PDP Leadership Tussle / Pdp Leadership Crisis: The Unseen Hands Of Apc / 2019: Atiku, Dankwambo Fingered In PDP Leadership Tussle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re: Kashamu’s Dollars Can’t Buy Pdp Leadership by patiot: 9:07pm On May 23, 2016
RE: KASHAMU’S DOLLARS CAN’T BUY PDP LEADERSHIP

My attention has been drawn to the comments made about me by a former Deputy National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Olabode George, in an interview published in the Vanguard newspaper of today, 23rd May, 2016 in which he said, “My dollars cannot buy PDP leadership”, among other things.

First, I am not aware that PDP’s leadership is for sale, let alone anyone angling to buy it. Chief Bode George remains one of my leaders and a foremost leader in the PDP. As a leader, he should know that he would have different followers who will see things differently and approach them from different perspectives. Now, assuming without conceding that I have made some mistakes in my approach to issues within the party, as a leader and an elder, Baba Bode George should call me and advise me privately. But, if he has chosen to go public, it is fine by me.

Secondly, it is preposterous for anyone to insinuate that I am promoting parallel structures within the party in the zone. Infighting and intra-party bickering have always been part of our politics in the South West. From Lagos to Ogun, Oyo to Osun, Ekiti to Ondo states. History is replete with the promotion of various contending interests and interest groups. It has nothing to do with me or any individual. It has always been and will continue to be so, as long as there is no fairness, equity and justice. What matters is the way and manner the contending interests and groups resolved their differences.

Chief George also talked about some people seeing politics as an investment for which there must be returns. It is on record that I have given more to the party and its members than most of our respected and respectable leaders in the zone. I have neither received nor embezzled party and campaign funds. Some of those who see politics as an investment and did not know where to draw the line have been named in the Dasukigate and more will be named in the coming days. I am certainly not one of them.

The leaders of our party who associate with me are well-exposed, educated, comfortable and experienced politicians who cannot be bought with money. They are attracted by the fact that unlike most of our leaders, I do show love and care for people irrespective of their background and status. They have seen that I have demonstrated my belief in the saying that you cannot love without giving, but you can give without loving.

Finally, I acknowledge that Baba Bode George is entitled to his opinion about my person and activities but I must say that I am misunderstood. I do not have any agenda other than to put a stop to impunity and uplift the living condition of the masses through my unwavering commitment to fairness, equity and justice.

Signed

Senator Buruji Kashamu
Re: Re: Kashamu’s Dollars Can’t Buy Pdp Leadership by LASTNIYI: 9:32pm On May 23, 2016
Mature response!

(1) (Reply)

Why You Shouldn't Keep Silent Anymore / Nairaland Could Be Misleading At Times. / Gov. Fayose Follow Your Own Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.