Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Call For Help On A Brother With Asphyxia - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Call For Help On A Brother With Asphyxia (421 Views)

Abandoned Policeman Cries Out For Help After Breaking His Leg In An Acident.PICS / UK Based Nigerian Man Suffering From Cancer Cries For Help After Losing Wife / Oluwaseun Samuel-Fajilade With Male And Female Sex Organs Cries Out For Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Call For Help On A Brother With Asphyxia by lashout1: 7:31am On May 24, 2016
A friend on facebook posted this, I had to repost on NL to get the required advice or solution.

A Plea for Help!

I have an only brother(Senior Brother) who will be 30 years this year.He had Asphyxia when he was born, as I was told. He does not coordinate very fine in terms of learning. He managed to have his WASSCE. He gets angry when coorected and sometimes leaves a place in anger when you try to correct him and responds from another place. He manages to give the right balance when something is bought from him. He can't pronounce simple words,even when you repeat the spelling and pronunciation of a particular Word. He finds it difficult to say no when someone asks him for something.

Some people are suggesting that we get a wife for him.I have kick against that.Reason being that:he is doing nothing,he can't read and write and he does coordinate well.

What do you think we should do.This has weighed all of us down in the family especially my Mum.

I will appreciate your suggestions.

Best regards
Chikwe-Charles Ozurumba.

Re: Call For Help On A Brother With Asphyxia by delishpot: 7:43am On May 24, 2016
You guys are putting too much pressure on him to become "normal"
He should have received some therapy as a child. Many parents fear what people will think when they have a child that they consider abnormal and as such they start to put pressure on the child to speak well, day well, behave normal etc. It is wise to calm down and guide the child in calm and understanding manner. Work with a therapist to help the child progress physically and psychologicaly .
As for your big brother, you guys should calm down change the way you react to his actions and make him feel loved. Don't add a wife to his wahala. When things settle down you can ask him what he thinks. The woman you intend to marry him, she is a person too she will have needs, a man that can be there for her. Don't bring her to be a plaything or a babysitter for him. make sure she knows the situation on ground. Do not devoeve her and then cry foul if she leaves the marriage tomorrow or starts cheating on him.

(1) (Reply)

Making MONEY While Maintaining Your HEALTH / Family Planning! / Stevens-Johnson Syndrome: Pharmacists Warn Nigerians Against Self-Medication

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.