Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,473 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Imolites Are Too Poor To Be Taxed- Governor Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imolites Are Too Poor To Be Taxed- Governor Okorocha (524 Views)

Angry Imolites Renamed Muhammadu Buhari's Road Sign Post Overnight - Pics / Governor Okorocha Shares Imo Rice. See Reactions (Photos) / Picture Of Governor Okorocha Riding A Bicycle, Hailed By Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imolites Are Too Poor To Be Taxed- Governor Okorocha by lawani: 8:35am On May 24, 2016
Yesterday, I was listening to Gov Okorocha when a Channels reporter asked him what he is doing about augmenting IGR in Imo. He said Imo people are poor and it is not right to tax poor people. Now, people are poor all over the world and Nigerians have the advantage of not being in personal debt, so if you as a governor have to wait for oil money allocations to pay the government's bills in a huge state like Imo where close to ten million people live, where at least ten billion naira a day on average is spent, then you have no business being a CEO of anywhere and you should resign as governor. Gov Rochas should resign if he believes Imo state can not be able to generate revenue to pay Imo state's bills. Same goes for most governors in Nigeria

In the US, if 15 dollars is spent in the economy, more than 6 dollars of it is by the government. The US spends more than 60 times the net worth of the wealthiest American every year.

In Nigeria, 50 billion dollars can do what 300 billion dollars can not in New York and people are not too poor to be organised to contribute.
Re: Imolites Are Too Poor To Be Taxed- Governor Okorocha by gisthit: 8:36am On May 24, 2016
Alright
Re: Imolites Are Too Poor To Be Taxed- Governor Okorocha by BayLord01(m): 8:39am On May 24, 2016
Too poor to be tax, hmmmm
Re: Imolites Are Too Poor To Be Taxed- Governor Okorocha by hakeem4(m): 8:41am On May 24, 2016
So lagosians are too rich to be taxed ?

Hmmmmm
Re: Imolites Are Too Poor To Be Taxed- Governor Okorocha by Abagworo(m): 8:44am On May 24, 2016
You are right in a way and the Governor is equally right in his own way. I believe certain things need to be done before embarking on aggressive tax regime and Nigeria generally lacks that.

Chief among the factors is accurate or reliable data base. If I know the actual population of taxable adults and corporations as well as their basic income it will be easy to work out a tax system that will be just and corrupt free.
Re: Imolites Are Too Poor To Be Taxed- Governor Okorocha by funkyibodude(m): 8:50am On May 24, 2016
Too poor to be taxed because he has impoverished imolites abi? Thunder fire that fat buffoon
Re: Imolites Are Too Poor To Be Taxed- Governor Okorocha by Movic1(m): 8:58am On May 24, 2016
Wah Shebi dm say na igbo rich pass! Dm dey tax c'mon Osun people.
Re: Imolites Are Too Poor To Be Taxed- Governor Okorocha by lawani: 1:10pm On May 24, 2016
Movic1:
Wah Shebi dm say na igbo rich pass! Dm dey tax c'mon Osun people.

Why do you say common Osun people? You think they are poor in Osun? Which towns are in Imo and what economic activities are going on there that surpasses Osun? I grew up in Ilesa Osun state and I have been to Imo, so I know what I am saying.

(1) (Reply)

German Cabinet Approves 2022 Nuclear Shutdown / Were You Dissapointed In President Buhari's Address To The Nation? / Britain Is The Most Corrupt Country In The World, Claims Mafia Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.