Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,173 members, 7,860,221 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:59 AM

Can U Imagine - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can U Imagine (517 Views)

Can U Sleep Comfortably In D Same Room Where Ur Frnd Is Making Luv With His Gf? / Can U Imagine Wat She Edited My Name 2 On Her Fone,cos We Quarrelled / Can U Suck Her Breast For 100 Million Naira?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can U Imagine by frubben(m): 8:55am On May 24, 2016
U can imagine wat dis nigga pasted on facebook.

Should One Have Sex Once The Bride Prize Has Been Paid...Pending The Main Marriage This issue has been a bone of contention for years now. While some school of thoughts believe there is nothing wrong in having sex once the bride prize is paid, others strongly believe that the two people involve must undergo public declaration(main marriage) first before sex can be introduced. However it is, we must not forget that for marriage to be called marriage, that is, for the two individuals to be well recognised by the public as husband and wife, 1...the bride prize must be paid, 2...The public must recognised them (traditional marriage), 3...They must be recognised by God (Wedding or blessed marriage...as the case may be). The bitter truth is that no matter how some custom twist it, bride prize alone doesn't guarantee sex. Before you can be qualified to undergo sexual relation with someone, you must first fulfill the above three criteria. That your pastor, your church, or your culture permits having sex after paying the bride prize doesn't change God's standard. Bride prize is a gateway to be recognised by the parents of the would-be wife... After your intention has been made known to the parents, it's now left for the public to be made aware...(traditional marriage.) It follows that not until God approves the marriage(that is, through wedding, which also go with court wedding), you are not recognised as husband as wife. To make something clear here, not even an engagement, nor traditional marriage is the condition for sex. You have to understand that while bride prize makes known your intention to the parents of the lady in question, marriage makes your intention known to both God and the public. All because you make known your intentions to the parents by paying bride prize, doesn't doesn't mean God and the public have approved it. Remember...no matter how you change God's standard to suit your selfish need...God's standard remains the same... However it is, I'm no omniscience to all knowledge...I stand to be corrected...
Re: Can U Imagine by ScofieldBello(m): 10:29am On May 24, 2016
Have you asked;
1. What is God's standard?
2. What is a Bride price?
3. What is marriage?
Get answers to the above questions and you'd be good to go....but let me make you ponder on these:

**Main marriage IS NOT public declaration as you put it. Main marriage is the man and woman living together for the rest of their lives!

**Wedding is not necessarily done in the open as it is everywhere in Africa. Wedding is announcing that the two of you want to become one, in the presence of selected witnesses (at least one), with or without the consent of your respective parents and the union may or may not be ceremoniously blessed by anyone (preferably pastor, priest, Imam, elder, etc). This may not also happen in a sacred place....it could be anywhere - church, mosque, appropriate court of law, temple, parlour, open field et al. Note that if there's a law in the location or country where this is taking place, it must be obeyed!....and that is court/magistrate kind.

The OP is not open-minded and that's why s/he thinks that way.

By the way, what is God's standard? How have people in your village been getting married before your religion, a mind control mechanism, came through?

I read where you wrote - that you've paid bride price doesn't mean God and public have approved the marriage - and I could not help but laugh out loud! grin Only myopic mind(s) think like that.

How do you know when God approves a union sir? What happens if the public doesn't approve of the union?
Hey, the law is what recognises the two of you. Pray that God helps both of you to pull through! God dwells where LOVE abounds.

THINK OUT OF THE BOX!

How come the unions of MoGs crumble too? Is it because they were not done in God's presence or not approved by the public? undecided shocked
Re: Can U Imagine by frubben(m): 12:17pm On May 24, 2016
ScofieldBello:
Have you asked;
1. What is God's standard?
2. What is a Bride price?
3. What is marriage?
Get answers to the above questions and you'd be good to go....but let me make you ponder on these:

**Main marriage IS NOT public declaration as you put it. Main marriage is the man and woman living together for the rest of their lives!

**Wedding is not necessarily done in the open as it is everywhere in Africa. Wedding is announcing that the two of you want to become one, in the presence of selected witnesses (at least one), with or without the consent of your respective parents and the union may or may not be ceremoniously blessed by anyone (preferably pastor, priest, Imam, elder, etc). This may not also happen in a sacred place....it could be anywhere - church, mosque, appropriate court of law, temple, parlour, open field et al. Note that if there's a law in the location or country where this is taking place, it must be obeyed!....and that is court/magistrate kind.

The OP is not open-minded and that's why s/he thinks that way.

By the way, what is God's standard? How have people in your village been getting married before your religion, a mind control mechanism, came through?

I read where you wrote - that you've paid bride price doesn't mean God and public have approved the marriage - and I could not help but laugh out loud! grin Only myopic mind(s) think like that.

How do you know when God approves a union sir? What happens if the public doesn't approve of the union?
Hey, the law is what recognises the two of you. Pray that God helps both of you to pull through! God dwells where LOVE abounds.

THINK OUT OF THE BOX!

How come the unions of MoGs crumble too? Is it because they were not done in God's presence or not approved by the public? undecided shocked

I am nt d writer, I read it too and d write up is full of ignorant words, cos d writer head no correct @ all

1 Like

Re: Can U Imagine by ScofieldBello(m): 2:22pm On May 24, 2016
Oh....
I see!
frubben:

I am nt d writer, I read it too and d write up is full of ignorant words, cos d writer head no correct @ all

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With This Picture? / Mods, Wetin I Do Una Nah? / Music: Wizkid – Holiday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.