Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today (38667 Views)

Throwback: Dora Akunyili Battled The Cabal Under Yaradua (Video) / Buhari's Health: His Time Is Almost Up Like Yaradua, World Will Be Shocked - FFK / Oli Price Crashed $100 To $30 A Barrel And Nigerians Still Blame Buhari For Woes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:31pm On May 24, 2016
“So we were not able to save when we should have. That is why you find that Nigeria is now in the situation it is in. .. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.

People still blame President Buhari.

9 Likes

Re: How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today by cola: 2:51pm On May 24, 2016
The difficult times started since 2014. Madam Iweala attested to this early 2015 in wide circulated report. Was Buhari the president in 2014?

http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=11232&title=Prepare-for-hard-times;-things-will-be-tough-till-the-end-of-2015,-Okonjo-Iweala-advises-Nigerians

Prepare for hard times; things will be tough till the end of 2015, Okonjo-Iweala advises Nigerians

By News Express on 06/05/2015

The Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, has advised Nigerians not to expect any dramatic improvement in the next few months, as the country’s economic challenges are far from being over.

“As you know, I have been honest with you since the current economic problems started. I would like to repeat: we have serious challenges, things have been tough since the beginning of the year and they are likely to remain so till the end of the year. We have serious challenges but we also have strengths and if we do the right things we can keep a steady course and emerge out of the current situation,” Okonjo-Iweala said during yesterday’s briefing in Abuja on the finalised 2015 Budget.

She disclosed that “as a result of the 50% decline in oil revenues, the country has faced a difficult cash crunch and the Federal Government has focused on keeping the economy stable and the government running through a series of measures.”

10 Likes

Re: How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today by fiizznation: 3:17pm On May 24, 2016
plaetton:

Buhari himself has already categorized himself as being unfortunate to have come to power during a period of low oil prices.
He made that statement while away in London some months back.

Saying that Jonathan ran the economy aground is a lie, a baseless innuendo, repeated so many times that people like you think it has become truth.

Nigerian economy was growing up to the time that GEJ left it.
GEJ initiated and left very sound economic policies.

GEJ did not engineer the sudden fall in oil prices that devasted resource dependent economies for much of 2015.

Did Buhari expect GEJ to have given him Guarantees that all would be rosy for next 4 years ?

From your response, it seems that most of you still do not understand what leadership entails.

It's obvious that Buhari and his party just wanted power and opportunity. They forgot that it came with great challenges and responsibilities.

I have nothing but scorn for the Cry Babies in power right now.
We are not talking about leadership here rather we are talking about the ECONOMY. So don't even try to divert from the subject of discuss here. I won't like to waste my time by pulling out figures and numbers here just to make you see reasons with me. But I'm going to ask you this questions; How much did Jonathan left in our excess crude account before handling power to buhari? Why did the previous administration had to borrow money in the last two months of their administration if our economy was so buoyant? Jonathan sold oil for a whooping sum of $147 per barrel for about 5yrs, why wasnt the monies accounted for?

I'm trying as hard as possible not to bring OBJ's administration and what he left for late yar'adua into this discuss, because doing that will just expose your hypocrisy. Ok let me even use the obj-yar'adua tenure change.

Now how much was oil sold during OBJ's tenure?

How much was our debt when obj came on board?

How much did he leave in our external reserve before handling power to yar'adua?

And how much was our debt before handling to yar'adua?

If you have any sincerity in you, I bet your conscience will itch you. Jonathan messed everything up and handed buhari a broken economy, a fragile GDP, a bankrupt nation ravaged with corruption. And you in your little wonderfully decorated world of lies think is very OK if we don't call Jonathan's name. You know some of you are very funny

10 Likes

Re: How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today by poiZon: 3:54pm On May 24, 2016
FOLYKAZE:
I have argued on many occasions with my boss who is a fanatical PDP fan and Hausa hating tribal bigot that situation at the moment is not Buhari's fault but stem from absolute mismanagement and massive looting from past government which causing massive hit on our economic system. The wastage and spending spree by GEJ and his croonies make things worse. He is a visionless, clueless and hardened crook. He cared not about saving during the raining days. A small ant is wiser than he is.

But, do I need to continue arguing with a blind person? Make them con sack me wey another oppourtunity no dey?

I often put Government economics with that of private individual on parallel lines. A man who earned 147,000 as a monthly salary will have to take harsh decision when his salary falls to 27,000. Therefore, in order to save face and escape the hard condition, he has to save for the doom days. The standard of living when earning is 147k will be incomparable when earning falls to 27k. So one needs to preprae by saving for the doomdays.

Now on the Government part, Yaradua saved us from experiencing harsh condition in 2008-2009 by saving whooping 67b dollars. He took advantage of the oil boom and saved for the oil fall. His efforts sustained the nation for months running to a year period. This is a man with vision.

Jonathan came in with his voodoo economic team lead by World Bank puppet NOI. They had chances of saving when price of fuel rises to it peak but wasted their oppoutunity. They stole, wasted and shared among themselves our resources and reserve. When oil was selling below $60/barrel, Nigeria was borrowing to pay salaries. This is to show the damages caused on our reserve. We are exposed to harsh hit.

Buhari is a good manager. Even when Oil fell below $30/barrel, he didnt borrow to pay salaries like the fedora hatman did. The damages done to the economy is beyond imagination but he is doing more than enough taking his time and energy to keep us in balance. Nigeria would have been swept away if GEJ had won. I believe in Buhari with time will put Nigeria back on tracks

will also comment on ur salary analysis. someone who earned 147k with children n suddenly his wage dropped to 27k wont go abt clubbing, keeping multiple chicks, eating at kfc or going to shoprite to buy kpomo.
what am I saying does buhari' budget of change truly reflecting on the true position we find ourselves?
what does he neèd 3.9billion for? is aso rock falling or the paints r peeling off that requires urgent fix?

gej was bad but buhari is worse.

3 Likes

Re: How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today by pipeewa(m): 3:55pm On May 24, 2016
Nigeria is supposed to be in the league of developed nations by now if our leaders have taken necessary steps all the way. But this is where we have found ourselves. It is not too late to start again no matter how far we have gone in the wrong direction as soon as we turn to the right direction things get better. Many things are wrong in Nigeria from structures to system of government to institutions and the people. poor foundations upon which we build nothing. no frame work, no policies bad decisions everyday. No continuity political instability. so many bad eggs thinking 8years will be good enough to enrich thier bank accounts and their goons. yet we still have those who praise them to high heavens. We know our problems. I suggest we youth should just start a revolution to turn things around. we are too blessed to be suffering. from agriculture to mining to oil to human resources we are just too blessed. canada is not as blessed as we are. they live on imports too and oil. snow wont allow them farm. yet we run there. Arise o young nigerians and lets look forward and not backward to what we can not change.

@plaetton you seem to be the only one against this line of thought. kindly reserve your energy and technical know-how on how to move nigeria forward from where we are now. Kindly stop abusing those that share different opinion from you. It doesnt dipict you as a good leader and we need good leaders to steer Nigeria out of the mud. Kudos to guys that see the truth but what can we do? lets talk objectively

5 Likes

Re: How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today by plaetton: 4:08pm On May 24, 2016
pipeewa:

Nigeria is supposed to be in the league of developed nations by now if our leaders have taken necessary steps all the way. But this is where we have found ourselves. It is not too late to start again no matter how far we have gone in the right direction as soon as we turn to the right direction things get better. Many things are wrong in Nigeria from structures to system of government to institutions and the people. poor foundations upon which we build nothing. no frame work, no policies bad decisions everyday. No continuity political instability. so many bad eggs thinking 8years will be good enough to enrich thier bank account and their goons. yet we still have those who praise yhem to high heavens. We know our problems. I suggest we youth should just start a revolution to turn things around. we are too blessed to be suffering. from agriculture to mining to oil to human resources we are just to blessed. canada is not as blessed as we are. they live on imports too. and oil. snow wount allow them farm. yet we run there. Arise o young nigerians and lets look forward and not backward to what we can not change.

@plaetton you seem to be the only one against this line of thought. kindly reserve your energy nad technical know-how on how to move nigeria forward where we are now. Kindly stop abusing those that share different opinion from you. It doesnt dipict you as a good leader and we need good leaders to steer Nigeria out of the mud. Kudos to guys that see the truth but what can we do? lets talk objectively

This is kind of funny. grin

I actually support everything you wrote up there.

I just don't see how you reckon that I do not support your line of thought.
I have a very short fuse for deliberate lies.

I can excuse simple ignorance, but lies, No.

I prefer the OP and his type argue with real FACTS, not innuendos and twisted facts.

Now, part of moving forward is to criticize, even harshly, silly, lopsided and contradictory policies when we see them.

I find it funny that you think the way forward is to sit idly like sheep as one group of slowpoke after another Dilly dallys with our Commonwealth.

Part of moving forward is maintaining vigilance, even just on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today by juman(m): 4:14pm On May 24, 2016
Story story!

Government should brace up and perform.

Kawai.

1 Like

Re: How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:24pm On May 24, 2016
poiZon:

will also comment on ur salary analysis. someone who earned 147k with children n suddenly his wage dropped to 27k wont go abt clubbing, keeping multiple chicks, eating at kfc or going to shoprite to buy kpomo.
what am I saying does buhari' budget of change truly reflecting on the true position we find ourselves?
what does he neèd 3.9billion for? is aso rock falling or the paints r peeling off that requires urgent fix?

gej was bad but buhari is worse.

In this same budget where recurrent expenditure is not more than 40% is what you call spending spree? GEJ spent more than 60% budget of looting on recurrent expenditure.

Change Budget target Capital investment which is enough to set a pace for structural development which in turn will bring chances for diversification.

Less is coming from Oil which is our primary source of living. Diversification is the game and Buhari's budget heads toward that direction unlike in the past when IB lavish his riches.

Now into my simple analogy, the man whose salar drops rather than going on spending spree is creating a smal avenue where he can start new business (capital project), he is looking away from his 147k and sourcing funds from untapped resources (Agriculture and Natural mining). These are for the betterment of his family.

GEJ was a bad manager and the worst at that. When he was earning large, he didnt sensed that what goes up must surely comes down. He added nothing but further lavished everything in our reserve. Trillions were looted under his watch. If he is a father, he should be cursed by his son.

9 Likes

Re: How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today by pipeewa(m): 4:28pm On May 24, 2016
plaetton:

This is kind of funny. grin

I actually support everything you wrote up there.

I just don't see how you reckon that I do not support your line of thought.
I have a very short fuse for deliberate lies.

I can excuse simple ignorance, but lies, No.

I prefer the OP and his type argue with real FACTS, not innuendos and twisted facts.

Now, part of moving forward is to criticize, even harshly, silly, lopsided and contradictory policies when we see them.

I find it funny that you think the way forward is to sit idly like sheep as one group of slowpoke after another Dilly dallys with our Commonwealth.

Part of moving forward is maintaining vigilance, even just on Nairaland.

Well to me I see debate as waste of time. Most times you dont get ahead becos nobody wants to accept the other's point of view and we make more enemies where we are supposed to harness each other's strength. I see a lot of truth in your write up but if I debate with you i will systematically wrong all the rights. That is stupidity when the truth could have been acted upon. Since we have started debating on nairaland and calling names what have we changed? who we don epp? Lets do something constructive and leave the realm we are now. we are all going to benefit from this.

1 Like

Re: How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today by favourboy1(m): 4:45pm On May 24, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
“So we were not able to save when we should have. That is why you find that Nigeria is now in the situation it is in. .. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.

People still blame President Buhari.
am back on nl

2 Likes

Re: How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today by koboko69: 5:00pm On May 24, 2016
plaetton:

Unbelievable.
Your poor comprehension skills and intellectual paucity is a source of embarrassment to me right now.

And this is someone who opens a thread for 1.6 million Nairalanders to read. undecided

But, on the other hand, Coming here to spank arrogant kids like you makes my Nairaland hobby worthwhile.

Firstly, read this.
http://www.tradingeconomics.com/nigeria/external-debt

Being challenged in comprehension skills, let me help you by highlighting the important points.

" Since 2008, Nigeria's external debt has Averaged about $6.3b, peaking at $10b in the fourth quarter of 2015 and a RECORD low of about $3.6b in the first quarter of 2009. "

As per your reference to SUBSIDY payments ballooning to N2 trillion , well, do the math.
Use your brain for once. undecided

SUBSIDY payments ballooned for 2 main reasons.

1. Yes, the number of cars on Nigerian roads has been steadily increasing over the past 16 years along with the biggest expansion of the Nigerian middle class in well over 3 decades,..a middle class expansion Shepherded by the PDP led government.
Those are FACTS, stubborn facts. grin

2. Simple arithmetic, dummy.
The higher the price of crude, the wider gap in international prices and Nigerias government regulated pump price.
Therefore, I hope you're following, the government pays more and more in SUBSIDY for ever litre of fuel consumed in Nigeria.

And yes, as with everything distinctively Nigerian, there was fraud in the fuel SUBSIDY system.

Does that answer your questions ?

Are u just quoting reasons our of figments of your sentimental imaginations or you conducted censors on cars or the people of Nigeria.
Yeah we all know the higher the cruilde price the more subsidy paid, but this did not balloon the subsidy rate withnoil @ $147/barrel. What actually changed? The last time i checked oil didn't get that high at any point in Jonathan's regime. Besides with crude oil going low, why was there no corresponding decrease in subsidy claims that a whopping 600bn was left as money owed to the marketers.
You are just whining about playing with words, trying to be smart. You can do that with people of your class, not with people more intelligent than you are.
The essence of thos thread is actually to show that both Yaradua amd Jonathan had enough in the reserves to mess with, which they did. Younare trying to shift from the main point of the thread

6 Likes

Re: How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today by koboko69: 5:02pm On May 24, 2016
Where is lalasticlala sef?
Re: How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today by plaetton: 5:25pm On May 24, 2016
Igbiboi:

You're a m.oron. The question should be: is anyone expecting Buhari to pay down de debts immediately. Are these 'debts' not amortized over a period of time? Why're the sai baba chanters so empty? Why're you guys always feeling insecure? To be honest, if you continue like this Buhari will record de worst govt in history of humankind, even Zimbabwe will be a haven compared to what will happen in Nigeria.

Gosh! Buhari should just go to work, a man never complains of any situation he finds himself. Obasanjo met a broken system, he never complained like de dullard, he instead tried his much and dashed out, also year-Adua, and GEJ met a broken system and each tried his best. One year after inauguration Buhari is yet to make any progress except to keep pointing accusing finger. Shame on you!

Honestly, I just cannnot understand what is happening in this country.
I have never ever seen or heard of this level of INCOMPETENCE in leadership.

These guys don't know that the more they come out everyday to blame Jonathan and defend their incompetence, the more they open their yansh in public.

All this irrational , unsolicited defence of Buhari is evidence of their insecurity and embarrassment.

2 Likes

Re: How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:50pm On May 24, 2016
favourboy1:
am back on nl

Thanks for the update. That was a long one.
Re: How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today by poiZon: 5:51pm On May 24, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

In this same budget where recurrent expenditure is not more than 40% is what you call spending spree? GEJ spent more than 60% budget of looting on recurrent expenditure.

Change Budget target Capital investment which is enough to set a pace for structural development which in turn will bring chances for diversification.

Less is coming from Oil which is our primary source of living. Diversification is the game and Buhari's budget heads toward that direction unlike in the past when IB lavish his riches.

Now into my simple analogy, the man whose salar drops rather than going on spending spree is creating a smal avenue where he can start new business (capital project), he is looking away from his 147k and sourcing funds from untapped resources (Agriculture and Natural mining). These are for the betterment of his family.

GEJ was a bad manager and the worst at that. When he was earning large, he didnt sensed that what goes up must surely comes down. He added nothing but further lavished everything in our reserve. Trillions were looted under his watch. If he is a father, he should be cursed by his son.

do u know why there is benchmark of oil price in every budget?
go back check the benchmark of oil price in gej budgets of the 4yrs he reigned n also compare to the benchmark states adopted for their budgets too.
I wont spend time educating u on the effects of benchmark.

trillions too will be looted under the illiterates watch, just keep listening n be prepared cos soonest u will start hearing news.
Re: How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today by favourboy1(m): 5:53pm On May 24, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
Thanks for the update. That was a long one.
dnt mind those mod

1 Like

Re: How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today by koboko69: 6:13pm On May 24, 2016
poiZon:

go back check the benchmark of oil price in gej budgets of the 4yrs he reigned n also compare to the benchmark states adopted for their budgets too.

trillions too will be looted under the illiterates watch, just keep listening n be prepared cos soonest u will start hearing news.

Oga stop deceiving yourselve and your likes. You have not made any sensible argument as per the original aim of the thread. What are the twisted facts. You can't jusy come here and dish "facts" from your deluded and fictional tribalistic and sentimental imaginations and expect us to tea with u.

1 Like

Re: How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today by irumanle(m): 6:18pm On May 24, 2016
plaetton:

Op.

You are a big liar.

As of October 2015, Nigeria's external debt stood at around $10b.
In FACT, $8b to $10 had been the average since 2008, long before Jonathan became president.

Therefore, Jonathan did not increase Nigeria's external debt by any significant amount.

It is on record that the current minister of finance is using Nigeria's very low DEBT to GDP ratio as a justification for seeking more external loans this year.

In your lopsided analysis, selective amnesia didn't allow you mention that OBJ inherited a Nigeria that had completely collapsed economically and politically.

He inherited a mere $3b in reserves and $38b in debt and oil price in the teens.
How did he and NOI do the magic?

Buhari inherited $30b reserves, $10b external debt and he is sulking and whining like a spoilt brat.

Be man enough to call incompetence and failure what it is: INCOMPETENCE and FAILURE.

All of you should go and hide in shame.

Show us your facts like the op did

2 Likes

Re: How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today by nonyceezy(m): 6:20pm On May 24, 2016
NYDA (Nigerian Youth Democratic Alliance) the way forward come 2019.
Re: How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:37pm On May 24, 2016
poiZon:

You should rather educate yourself maybe you will make some sense.

With the benchmark bullsshiiit, GEJ sold Oil at excess price. What did he do with the Excess fund?

When Oil was selling below 70 dollars, GEJ borrowed money to pay Salary.

Buhari paid whooping N658 billion as a bail out fund for states and have never borrowed from outside to pay salary even when oil was selling @ below 30 dollars.

poiZon:

You think everyone is clueless like the fedora hatman who under his watch trillions was unaccounted for, misappropriated, mismanaged and delibrately stolen?

One do not need a Soothsayer to tell you GEJ is clueless. We know how he watched billion flies when he was acting president. People did not trust him which was the reason subsidy removal was fight down in 2012. We know how he supported and embraced corruption with his body language and words. Can that be said of PMB? Nope.

PMB blocked loopholes immediately he came into office. Now we know stealing is corrpution. Corruption is not tolerated and note, you will be disappointed.

8 Likes

Re: How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today by plaetton: 7:09pm On May 24, 2016
irumanle:
Show us your facts like the op did

Correction.
Op did not show any FACTS.
If he had done so, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

The OP made innuendos, made reference to a false statement credited to an Administration spokesperson.

FACTS are truths, especially when they are in numbers.

If you have been this following this thread , you will notice that I have refuted his bogus figure of $63b external DEBT left by Jonathan simply by educating him on difference between external DEBT and Total DEBT stock ( internal and external DEBT combined). It is simple elementary school arithmetic.

I also showed him that Nigeria's external DEBT has stood at an average of $6.5b to $10b since 2008, before Jonathan became the President of Nigeria.

The OP doesn't dispute those FACTS.

Do you ?

If the OP was initially mistaken on his figures, he should be humble enough to own up and make the correction.

This would save us all this merry-go-round.

The problems with these die hard Buhari supporters is cognitive dissonance. So they feel a compulsion to invoke Jonathan whenever cognitive dissonance sets in about the many bunglings of their adopted Messiah.

It is a pitiful state of mind.

8 Likes

Re: How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today by plaetton: 7:18pm On May 24, 2016
Sir Reyginus,
How far?
Re: How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today by plaetton: 7:44pm On May 24, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

You should rather educate yourself maybe you will make some sense.

With the benchmark bullsshiiit, GEJ sold Oil at excess price. What did he do with the Excess fund?

When Oil was selling below 70 dollars, GEJ borrowed money to pay Salary.

Buhari paid whooping N658 billion as a bail out fund for states and have never borrowed from outside to pay salary even when oil was selling @ below 30 dollars.

You think everyone is clueless like the fedora hatman who under his watch trillions was unaccounted for, misappropriated, mismanaged and delibrately stolen?

One do not need a Soothsayer to tell you GEJ is clueless. We know how he watched billion flies when he was acting president. People did not trust him which was the reason subsidy removal was fight down in 2012. We know how he supported and embraced corruption with his body language and words. Can that be said of PMB? Nope.

PMB blocked loopholes immediately he came into office. Now we know stealing is corrpution. Corruption is not tolerated and note, you will be disappointed.

Innuendos innuendos innuendos.

And all this just the defend and justify the Impending blow up of the Nigerian economy by these bungling clowns?

Let me ask you my friend.
Who is has been in charge of the Nigerian economy for 1 year now? Jonathan or Buhari?

Which slowpoke removed N3trillion from an already shaky economy, and then still celebrates it as an achievement? Jonathan or Buhari?

Who is promoting the CORRUPTION of our system by subverting the Sacred precincts of the RULE OF LAW? Jonathan or Buhari ?

Who has been the belligerent buffoon who thinks sentiment is what is needed to determine the exchange rate of the Naira ? Jonathan or Buhari?

Who is the change Messiah , who , while crying that Nigeria is broke, astronomically increases the trappings of his own office and the cost of governance ? Jonathan or Buhari?

Who is the economic illiterate that insists on borrowing N3 trillion to fund a budget that is paddled to the tune of N500b to N1 trillion? Jonathan or Buhari ?

Who is the economic voodoo man that wants to use N500b of borrowed money to dash out to 1m supposedly poor Nigerians? Jonathan or Buhari?

What will happen to the other tens of millions of poor Nigerians ? tongue

We know that low oil prices precipitated economic challenges for a lot of Nations. But the clearly comedic and tragic bunglings of this administration is too damn scary.

12 Likes

Re: How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today by Babacele: 8:06pm On May 24, 2016
Igbiboi:

You're a genius. Forget the sai baba chanters, de good thing is that while one can fake all the documents and statistics in the world there is no defence to an empty stomach. I know many people who chanted change who're now even praying for the same GEJ dey despised so much to come back.
the temporary empty stomach was caused by una pilfering and no sane Nigerian would go 'jewish' blaming this Moses for freeing us from una slavery.......something greater than food is in our bellies; it is called dignity. we shall defend it ,fight for it and protect it. Didn't we , empty bellies, remove the belleful thieves in 2015? Sai Buhari!

5 Likes

Re: How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today by koboko69: 8:10pm On May 24, 2016
Babacele:
the temporary empty stomach was caused by una pilfering and no sane Nigerian would go 'jewish' blaming this Moses from freeing us from una slavery.......something greater than food is in our bellies; it is called dignity. we shall defend it ,fight for it and protect it. Didn't we , empty bellies, removed the belleful thieves in 2015? Sai Buhari!

Technical knock out!!!!

6 Likes

Re: How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today by Babacele: 8:11pm On May 24, 2016
plaetton:

Innuendos innuendos innuendos.

And all this just the defend and justify the Impending blow up of the Nigerian economy by these bungling clowns?

Let me ask you my friend.
Who is has been in charge of the Nigerian economy for 1 year now? Jonathan or Buhari?

Which slowpoke removed N3trillion from an already shaky economy, and then still celebrates it as an achievement? Jonathan or Buhari?

Who is promoting the CORRUPTION of our system by subverting the Sacred precincts of the RULE OF LAW? Jonathan or Buhari ?

Who has been the belligerent buffoon who thinks sentiment is what is needed to determine the exchange rate of the Naira ? Jonathan or Buhari?

Who is the change Messiah , who , while crying that Nigeria is broke, astronomically increases the trappings of his own office and the cost of governance ? Jonathan or Buhari?

Who is the economic illiterate that insists on borrowing N3 trillion to fund a budget that is paddled to the tune of N500b to N1 trillion? Jonathan or Buhari ?

Who is the economic voodoo man that wants to use N500b of borrowed money to dash out to 1m supposedly poor Nigerians? Jonathan or Buhari?

What will happen to the other tens of millions of poor Nigerians ? tongue

We know that low oil prices precipitated economic challenges for a lot of Nations. But the clearly comedic and tragic bunglings of this administration is too damn scary.

When we collect all our money wey una steal n which is affecting d economy, we go jail una to keep u thieving lots away from civilization , while Nigerians enjoy their recovered loots from shameless saboteurs.

3 Likes

Re: How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today by plaetton: 8:18pm On May 24, 2016
Babacele:
When we collect all our money wey una steal n which is affecting d economy, we go jail una to keep u thieving lots away from civilization , while Nigerians enjoy their recovered loots from shameless saboteurs.

Lol.
Charity starts at home.
If Buhari can't persuade his APC comrades to CHANGE, then for whom is CHANGE?

How much has he recovered from Amaechi, for good example?

I actually encourage the hanging of economic saboteurs and looters.
It is the hypocrisy that betrays this administration's efforts as fake and ill-motivated.

4 Likes

Re: How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today by OlujobaSamuel: 8:29pm On May 24, 2016
plaetton:

Op.

You are a big liar.

As of October 2015, Nigeria's external debt stood at around $10b.
In FACT, $8b to $10 had been the average since 2008, long before Jonathan became president.

Therefore, Jonathan did not increase Nigeria's external debt by any significant amount.

It is on record that the current minister of finance is using Nigeria's very low DEBT to GDP ratio as a justification for seeking more external loans this year.

In your lopsided analysis, selective amnesia didn't allow you mention that OBJ inherited a Nigeria that had completely collapsed economically and politically.

He inherited a mere $3b in reserves and $38b in debt and oil price in the teens.
How did he and NOI do the magic?

Buhari inherited $30b reserves, $10b external debt and he is sulking and whining like a spoilt brat.

Be man enough to call incompetence and failure what it is: INCOMPETENCE and FAILURE.

All of you should go and hide in shame.

noi was never part of obj first term, and she used 3yrs plus days during obj 2nd tenure. so tell us the magic she did

1 Like

Re: How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today by wordychap: 8:32pm On May 24, 2016
koboko69:

The joke is on you. You guys only see what you want to see.

You cleary see this

"Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, promptly rose to the defence of Mr. Jonathan’s administration, saying of the $63 billion debt, the administration only incurred $21.8 billion."

See link;

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/185471-jonathan-left-n7trillion-deficit-for-nigeria-buharis-transition-committee-chairman-joda.html

As for OBJ, he received the bulk of Abacha's loot. And it took a whooping 8 year to leave 47bn in the reserves. Also note that oil prices soared high, hence your logic is null and void.

Get your facts right.
You need to get your facts right

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/features-and-interviews/187797-fact-check-claim-that-jonathan-left-n7-trillion-deficit-does-not-add-up.html
Re: How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today by koboko69: 8:42pm On May 24, 2016

1 Like

Re: How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today by Pidggin(f): 8:46pm On May 24, 2016
The fact is Buhari is a failure, all we see is pay-per-post social media agents trying so hard to tarnish Jonathan's image, because there see him as a scape goat. Who will you blame for Buhari's economic failure in 1984? Baba has failure inscribed in his DNA grin

2 Likes

Re: How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today by plaetton: 8:55pm On May 24, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

noi was never part of obj first term, and she used 3yrs plus days during obj 2nd tenure. so tell us the magic she did

NOI joined OBJ Administration in July 2003.

Nigerian's DEBT repayment and DEBT relief was finalized in April 2006, almost 3 years after joining OBJ.
She spearheaded the successful economic reforms of the OBJ Administration.

There you have it sir.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari Supporters Smoking At Pro-Buhari Rally In Abuja (Photos) / INEC Confirms Rivers APC Won’t Participate In 2019 Elections / Ekweremadu, Abaribe, Dino Melaye With Ahmed Lawan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.