Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,976 members, 7,821,414 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa - NYSC (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa (24436 Views)

4 Serious Businesses You Can Do As A Corp Member / Corper Proposes To Female Colleague In Jigawa Camp? (Photos) / Corps Member In Osun Commmissions Borehole In This Recession Period (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by Respect55(m): 4:22pm On May 30, 2016
Dreamcome2ru:

Hmmm,how will this region develop when outsiders have no chance,their state government need to look into this,jobs shouldn't be based on religion and tribes affiliations.
Bro chill. Na naija we dey
Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 30, 2016
Respect55:
Bro chill. Na naija we dey
Sure.
Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by RHEWBENYT(m): 4:34pm On May 30, 2016
birnin kudu or birnin kebbi?or is birnin kudu one of the LGA in Jigawa state? yea birnin kudu. ..it's a LGA in jigawa.
Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 30, 2016
RHEWBENYT:
birnin kudu or birnin kebbi?or is birnin kudu one of the LGA in Jigawa state? yea birnin kudu. ..it's a LGA in jigawa.
Okay bro.
Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 30, 2016
I will like for you to add some pictures,be it of the environment or any pictures you deem fit.
Cc: Respect55
Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by Respect55(m): 6:58pm On May 30, 2016
Dreamcome2ru:
I will like for you to add some pictures,be it of the environment or any pictures you deem fit.
Cc: Respect55

Gud observation, I will do Dat

1 Like

Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by Respect55(m): 7:26pm On May 30, 2016
My friend Nafiu. At the back is our Lodge and d MDG at far back

3 Likes

Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by Respect55(m): 7:32pm On May 30, 2016
I with Paul n Jessica inside staff room

3 Likes

Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by spartacus11(m): 7:45pm On May 30, 2016
Respect55:

Gud citation u have there.But like i said ab initio,majority of them get married between 11 to 20 years.But it all depends on how n who ur parents are.The rich ones dnt give out their girls early in marriage but majority of dem who are poor do.Zainanb if from a rich home.As a matter of fact,her father is an HOD at one College Of Education at GUMEL.
OK poor man and family will always act unwise, thank goodness she isn't from such family
Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by spartacus11(m): 7:51pm On May 30, 2016
Respect55:

In philosophy, we say that to every effect Dia is a cause. The korites dnt drive away the Fulanis for nutin. Dey do so because dos Fulanis steal their food crops right there in the farm which have brought untold hardship to dem. Imagine d frustration of a village who can't grow food crops not that dey can't but because oda ppl won't allow them to harvest dem.
If the Fulanis had behaved well ab initio, I dnt think dey wud be driven away.
Their tents are built on kore lands n they make the tents from kiri stems which the korites Plant. So think of it
I totally understand this, when this fulani commit such crime no body ever report that they went to confront them, the kore knew the importance of life that was why they simply stop planting cash crops, good decision but it is with lots of pain, because they chose to save every life that would have been lost through clash with the fulani, Benue people should copy from this and find a lasting solution with the fulanis, all I'm. after is peace, if you know tou don't have a monopoly of violence don't confront people harshly and roughly when u know say u nor be badest badoo, its always to find way to make peace work
Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by spartacus11(m): 8:01pm On May 30, 2016
Respect55:
I with Paul n Jessica inside staff room
Jessica isn't covering her hair, you mean they allow this of a woman with out hash confrontation, wow it seems we hold to negative thing's about Islam down here in the South, thanks for you sharing, A picture is worth a thousand words
Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by spartacus11(m): 8:08pm On May 30, 2016
My question is this with your experience

1- in the North West, jigawa state, what kind of NGO do you think will the people accept or they are really in need off, "for example if you want to set up an NGO in that community what kind of service will you be offering" this quote will help u answer my NGO question as I am hoping to start an NGO in the North but I really want to learn first hand which will be effective that will impact the peoples live positively

2- what crops or livestock can one buy from that side and bring down south to sell by so doing making one self employed.

3- what do we have in abundance in the South that is very scarce in that locality that if we take them they we can sell quickly and have good turnover

4- what is your advice on better ways to build a lasting solution between the relationship of North and South using your experience since our relationship as at today is not really good
Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by Respect55(m): 8:41pm On May 30, 2016
Staff room with principal' office at d left hand side

Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by Respect55(m): 8:43pm On May 30, 2016
I with some jsss1 students

1 Like

Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by Respect55(m): 8:44pm On May 30, 2016
I under heavy sunlight. Check out the sun rays friends

3 Likes

Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by Respect55(m): 9:16pm On May 30, 2016
Update will come by tomorrow. I'm rili exhausted. My apologies
Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by Respect55(m): 9:17pm On May 30, 2016
spartacus11:

OK poor man and family will always act unwise, thank goodness she isn't from such family
Na d tin bro
Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by Respect55(m): 9:19pm On May 30, 2016
spartacus11:

I totally understand this, when this fulani commit such crime no body ever report that they went to confront them, the kore knew the importance of life that was why they simply stop planting cash crops, good decision but it is with lots of pain, because they chose to save every life that would have been lost through clash with the fulani, Benue people should copy from this and find a lasting solution with the fulanis, all I'm. after is peace, if you know tou don't have a monopoly of violence don't confront people harshly and roughly when u know say u nor be badest badoo, its always to find way to make peace work

Well said but ppl should be careful not to draw first blood
Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by Respect55(m): 9:22pm On May 30, 2016
spartacus11:
Jessica isn't covering her hair, you mean they allow this of a woman with out hash confrontation, wow it seems we hold to negative thing's about Islam down here in the South, thanks for you sharing, A picture is worth a thousand words

Jessica is also a Corp member there so she isn't bond by lslamic ryts. Nobody dares a Corp member Dia. We have phone numbers of all security agents Dia. One report from one person will affect d whole village n dey won't get Corp members anytime soon. She dsnt cover her hair n we also wear shorts. We rnt from dia bro. Just a single call and all the Corp members in Dat village will be evacuated within 24hours
Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by Respect55(m): 9:33pm On May 30, 2016
spartacus11:
My question is this with your experience

1- in the North West, jigawa state, what kind of NGO do you think will the people accept or they are really in need off, "for example if you want to set up an NGO in that community what kind of service will you be offering" this quote will help u answer my NGO question as I am hoping to start an NGO in the North but I really want to learn first hand which will be effective that will impact the peoples live positively

2- what crops or livestock can one buy from that side and bring down south to sell by so doing making one self employed.

3- what do we have in abundance in the South that is very scarce in that locality that if we take them they we can sell quickly and have good turnover

4- what is your advice on better ways to build a lasting solution between the relationship of North and South using your experience since our relationship as at today is not really good

OK bro
1.Any NGO u want to invest in Dat has no link or reference to Islam won't succeed. U can think one out bro cos I cnt remember any now.
2.Rams and goats
3.Garri
4.lets begin to see ourselves as one Nigeria but Dat with wat I have seen won't be easy to come by. Reason been that they are different people altogeda from us. There is no similarity b/w d North and d South /East

1 Like

Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by Respect55(m): 9:42pm On May 30, 2016
Classroom blocks

2 Likes

Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by spartacus11(m): 10:40pm On May 30, 2016
Respect55:

Jessica is also a Corp member there so she isn't bond by lslamic ryts. Nobody dares a Corp member Dia. We have phone numbers of all security agents Dia. One report from one person will affect d whole village n dey won't get Corp members anytime soon. She dsnt cover her hair n we also wear shorts. We rnt from dia bro. Just a single call and all the Corp members in Dat village will be evacuated within 24hours
wow I must commend our security agency's for this so they can be so active to protect our corp members, that's good.
I think many of our corp members should think of joining our security service, because if we keep leaving it for school drop out we will never have a productive security system

3 Likes

Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by spartacus11(m): 10:44pm On May 30, 2016
Respect55:

OK bro
1.Any NGO u want to invest in Dat has no link or reference to Islam won't succeed. U can think one out bro cos I cnt remember any now.
2.Rams and goats
3.Garri
4.lets begin to see ourselves as one Nigeria but Dat with wat I have seen won't be easy to come by. Reason been that they are different people altogeda from us. There is no similarity b/w d North and d South /East
OK thanks for the response,
I think I should work on how best to look for more liberal and open Islamic Association to channel my NGO initiative through
And that for garri wow nice one, I will look into this too.
Wow for the fact that they isn't similarities between us is very unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by spartacus11(m): 10:46pm On May 30, 2016
Respect55:
Classroom blocks
nice school building very good
Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by Nobody: 6:24am On May 31, 2016
Op what is fun like for girls in the North.we knows guys have a swollen time as they interact freely with everyone and have enough male friends to chat with including young babes cool to f_uck with.

How is social and sex life for ladies there in the North taking Jessica as a case study?

Respect55
Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by Nobody: 7:03am On May 31, 2016
spartacus11:
wow I must commend our security agency's for this so they can be so active to protect our corp members, that's good.
I think many of our corp members should think of joining our security service, because if we keep leaving it for school drop out we will never have a productive security system
Nobody is leaving the security system for the drop-outs,graduates apply and often times are rejected,simply because the "Ogas at the top"believe that this graduates will one day be placed above them due to their level of education,that's is the REAL FACT,am a military fanatics,and if not for this NYSC delays i would have become one,alots of my friends are currently in sambisa and i must say i know at least little on what is going on within the circle especially the top brass,military recruitment this days deals with man know man,i surely believe i will get into the military only with God help,but bro,it's not easy,am obsessed to the extent that i can mention a lot of military hardwares that even a civilian ought not to know,differentiate some weapons,just name it,I believe in God sha.

2 Likes

Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by Respect55(m): 7:36am On May 31, 2016
phantonce:
Op what is fun like for girls in the North.we knows guys have a swollen time as they interact freely with everyone and have enough male friends to chat with including young babes cool to f_uck with.

How is social and sex life for ladies there in the North taking Jessica as a case study?

Respect55
Pls try to be more moderate n specific. This isn't romance section. Tnks
Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by Respect55(m): 7:44am On May 31, 2016
spartacus11:

OK thanks for the response,
I think I should work on how best to look for more liberal and open Islamic Association to channel my NGO initiative through
And that for garri wow nice one, I will look into this too.
Wow for the fact that they isn't similarities between is is very unfortunate.
Dats d bitter truth bro. We differ in all ramifications
Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by Nobody: 7:54am On May 31, 2016
Respect55:

Pls try to be more moderate n specific. This isn't romance section. Tnks

Sorry,let me be more specific.

How is the social life for female corpers up north and how do the locals men feel about interacting with them.

You can give us a little life scenario maybe that happened to Jessica or any one.
Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by Respect55(m): 9:11am On May 31, 2016
CONTINUATION OF WHAT I HAD WITH ZAINAB

When i entered the principal's office dat day,he welcomed me as if nothing was happening but den i fixed me eyes at his facial expression.lt didn’t take long for him to cut short my anxiety.'Kofa jos,' he said in dia Hausa accent.'There is dis rumour i'm hearing and as ur employer,i have decided to call u in here to hear from you.' 'It is about Zainab,the jss3 girl.They said u r planning of getin married to her.Is it true?' His question didn’t catch me unawares because that was what i have been hearing around dat time.I explained all i could to him.From how we were actually clse to distancing myself from part that said we were planning to get married.As soon as i accepted that we were dating,he den told me dat it was actually Zainab's father who ame to him to meet me about the issue.If i was actually planning on getin married to zainab.
He asked me to go that he wud send for me later as he sent for Zainab.From what she told me afterwards,he asked her similar questions o what he asked me but she gave him a particular answered at differed from mine−that we were working towards getin married! When the principal later called me the next day at sch(he didn’t send for me again dat first day),he told me same thing that zainab told me;that we r planning o getin married.I tld the principal that that was solely her own saying dat i neva told her anytin about marriage.Truelly,i haven’t.

I den decided to play a fast one on the principal: 'what does it take to marry a Muslim girl as a Christian boy?',i asked.He took time to analyse everything to me and it was more than i ever envisaged.
Before a Christian man can marry a muslim girl there,many transformations will have to take place.At first,you will be taken to their central mosque at Garki headquarter where u will be made to renounce ur faith and embrace lslam.That will be followed by change of name.Yes,u have to chage ur name to an hausa name.After that,they will fix a day in which they will kill a ram,use the blood to wash u off all 'Christian lineage and curses' as you are stripped unclad.That will be followed by 3months of learning of Karatu,prayers and ablution.It ia after all these processes dat they will start seeing you as a human being.

You are then qualified to take in their daughter as a wife wia u will be joined in d mosque. After the aure,thats marriage ceremony,u will be given a house there,some pieces of land to farm,two cows and a cart,a place to do business and some amount of money.This is because u wont be allowe to step an inch with their daughter in the name of travelling to your place.Infact,they will 'marry you.' If u must travel,den u r free to travel alone with neither ur wife nor the children.This is because dey dn stil trust u as a convert.They still believe that u might go back to ur Christian life.

After all these explanations, i knew right there that the story has ended even before it started−we can't make it. I didn’t tell her what transpired between me and the principal that day for fear she might do smtin funny to herself .She kept on tellin me all dos while,dat imshud do Salah and she wud be my first wife.I used to laugh such talks off den.
To cut the long story short,i was just been careful with her after that encounter with the principal becos i wasn’t ready for more problems.Thanks to God because our POP was drawing really close.I devised all possible means i could to make her believe that i would come back for her after we have passed out.It asnt just easy for her to buy such idea but i came out tops finally.

(The next post will be the last which will be: MY LAST DAYS AT KORE)
Update soon.

2 Likes

Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by Respect55(m): 9:33am On May 31, 2016
phantonce:

Sorry,let me be more specific.

How is the social life for female corpers up north and how do the locals men feel about interacting with them.

You can give us a little life scenario maybe that happened to Jessica or any one.
Dey dnt mingle with female Corp members due to inferiority complex, d fact Dat every grown up boy is married and more also Dat our female Corp members dnt feel like having anything to do wit dem
Re: Summary Of My Days As A Corp Member In Jigawa by Nobody: 9:40am On May 31, 2016
Respect55:
Dey dnt mingle with female Corp members due to inferiority complex, d fact Dat every grown up boy is married and more also Dat our female Corp members dnt feel like having anything to do wit dem

So they have only you guys to play with.

What advice do you have for new corpers going to the north?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks / Adamawa Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Nigeria, South Africa Match / NYSC Camps Reopen On 10 November

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.