Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,181 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

Refurbished Gunboat Inaugurated In Okrika By Olonisakin, Chief Of Defence Staff - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Refurbished Gunboat Inaugurated In Okrika By Olonisakin, Chief Of Defence Staff (25583 Views)

Chief Of Defence Staff Vs Chief Of Army Staff: Which Position Is More Superior? / Buhari Replaces Olonisakin , Ibas As Service Chiefs / Patience Jonathan In Okrika For Burial Of Comfort Kaine Obudibo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Refurbished Gunboat Inaugurated In Okrika By Olonisakin, Chief Of Defence Staff by hucienda: 1:01pm On May 24, 2016
CDS go be like...

"NDA, we're coming for you!"
Re: Refurbished Gunboat Inaugurated In Okrika By Olonisakin, Chief Of Defence Staff by coolestca(m): 1:02pm On May 24, 2016
Oya
Re: Refurbished Gunboat Inaugurated In Okrika By Olonisakin, Chief Of Defence Staff by Muritino(m): 1:04pm On May 24, 2016
rhektor:
When will the NA rise up against Fulani killers?

When NA are done with NDA.
Re: Refurbished Gunboat Inaugurated In Okrika By Olonisakin, Chief Of Defence Staff by macaranta(m): 1:08pm On May 24, 2016
Okay... Hovercraft is a long ask.
Re: Refurbished Gunboat Inaugurated In Okrika By Olonisakin, Chief Of Defence Staff by kechywillz(m): 1:08pm On May 24, 2016
Navy and Airforce now wear the same camo as the army,they used to have their camo,why now do they wear the same thing..
? I have noticed this since feb dis year
Re: Refurbished Gunboat Inaugurated In Okrika By Olonisakin, Chief Of Defence Staff by tdayof(m): 1:10pm On May 24, 2016
Nigeria and Refurbishment. We refurbish everything including of Military Jets.
Re: Refurbished Gunboat Inaugurated In Okrika By Olonisakin, Chief Of Defence Staff by jollymizzle(m): 1:11pm On May 24, 2016
benedictnsi:

[size=14pt]

These guys are not serious ooo..... "refurbished gunboat"..... Against people who are getting more sophisticated in their weapons gringrin

Next tin now we go begin hear say..... We couldn't chase those militants or vandals b'cos our gunboat no get bullets and d boat itself no gree start cheesy grin [/size]
Haba guy small small NW,sophisticated bawo.I haven't seen the avengers arsenal but so far they have used Dynamite's that have been available since the time of John Wayne.so what sophistication are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: Refurbished Gunboat Inaugurated In Okrika By Olonisakin, Chief Of Defence Staff by benedictnsi(m): 1:15pm On May 24, 2016
jollymizzle:

Haba guy small small NW,sophisticated bawo.I haven't seen the avengers arsenal but so far they have used Dynamite's that have been available since the time of John Wayne.so what sophistication are you talking about?

Lol bros you no go understand..... E go do you "Vum"!! For eyes one day
Re: Refurbished Gunboat Inaugurated In Okrika By Olonisakin, Chief Of Defence Staff by GambaOsaka: 1:25pm On May 24, 2016
Superbreed:
Hmmm. My Nigeria.

Using "refurbished" to fight against militants who are cruising on "brand-new"

Don't start a war u can't survive.
Goodluck.
Hahahaha.
Na for Creek them go decide the matter.

Na so Boko haram sympathizers talk before o. Where their weapons now? hmm..
Re: Refurbished Gunboat Inaugurated In Okrika By Olonisakin, Chief Of Defence Staff by rhektor(m): 1:44pm On May 24, 2016
Muritino:

When NA are done with NDA.

Who quote me when you know you have nothing reasonable to say?
Re: Refurbished Gunboat Inaugurated In Okrika By Olonisakin, Chief Of Defence Staff by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 24, 2016
In Nigeria they call themselves the Navy.
In other countries they are known as the coast guards

1 Like

Re: Refurbished Gunboat Inaugurated In Okrika By Olonisakin, Chief Of Defence Staff by Ladipo10(m): 2:09pm On May 24, 2016
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]The Military should do the right thing. Be proactive and do diligent investigations not just attacking innocent citizens in barbarian style.

ddippset:
The creek boys and nda boys should not hide amongst communities sha and they should not be shielded by communities because by the time the bombardments and the levellings begin people should not shout human rights o, they should not shout international courts o, they should not shout crimes against humanity o. Okay o. Now they are praising the creek millitants o. when the creek becomes too hot now they will run into the communities and when buhari begins to bombard them you will hear decree 44, you will hear human rights violations, you will hear burukuttu sipping dictator. there will be alot of weeping and grinding of teeth but for now these ipob touts and PDP wailers are still NDA cheer leaders and Internet nairaland generals!
Re: Refurbished Gunboat Inaugurated In Okrika By Olonisakin, Chief Of Defence Staff by engrchykae(m): 2:17pm On May 24, 2016
ddippset:
The creek boys and nda boys should not hide amongst communities sha and they should not be shielded by communities because by the time the bombardments and the levellings begin people should not shout human rights o, they should not shout international courts o, they should not shout crimes against humanity o. Okay o. Now they are praising the creek millitants o. when the creek becomes too hot now they will run into the communities and when buhari begins to bombard them you will hear decree 44, you will hear human rights violations, you will hear burukuttu sipping dictator. there will be alot of weeping and grinding of teeth but for now these ipob touts and PDP wailers are still NDA cheer leaders and Internet nairaland generals!
hypocrisy is when u shout God forbid because a woman in kano brutalised a boy and a day after you wrote this trash.
Because of crude oil a coward like you is calling for the bombardment of a community that has existed for ages,with a rich history and culture.
Anyway there are 20 million mad nigerians
Re: Refurbished Gunboat Inaugurated In Okrika By Olonisakin, Chief Of Defence Staff by Ajawuihevictor(m): 2:35pm On May 24, 2016
AceRoyal:
Always refurbishing equipments at heavily padded cost that would be enough to buy new onces.
I'm in support of the NA but those gunboats won't survive an onslaught from 50 calibre assault rifles.

It's the lives of the men that will be stationed on those gunboats I'm concerned about.

Nigerian Military should learn to be technologically innovative and proactive.

Godbless the Nigerian Army!
Godbless Nigerians!
Godbless Nigerian!

We don't have a 50cal assault rifle, except you intend producing one.
We only have 50cal sniper rifle and mounted MG.

1 Like

Re: Refurbished Gunboat Inaugurated In Okrika By Olonisakin, Chief Of Defence Staff by Adminisher: 2:39pm On May 24, 2016
IGNORAMUSES

These gun boats are very capable. They are refurbished for engine power and gunnery calibre upgrade. The very thick fibre glass hulls will stop .50 calibre munitions and self seal. They won't stop RPGS but the a good boat Driver will maneuver to prevent direct hits.
Most NA gun boats also have fore and aft mounting of 12.7mm machine guns and a few grenade launchers.

Operational tactics is evolving to emphasise convoy boat movement with helicopters keeping watch from miles away.

No Niger Delta militant group can match the NA in terms of resources. We have not even started of Navy SBS operations that you won't even see until they are blowing you away. They will watch you singing songs in your camp with night vision Googles and keep tabs. Niger Delta militants are good in water abi? What about people who come from under water and can call on surface and air elements to blast you away?.
Please let us stop childishNess on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Refurbished Gunboat Inaugurated In Okrika By Olonisakin, Chief Of Defence Staff by maxzzo1(m): 2:40pm On May 24, 2016
benedictnsi:

[size=14pt]

These guys are not serious ooo..... "refurbished gunboat"..... Against people who are getting more sophisticated in their weapons gringrin

Next tin now we go begin hear say..... We couldn't chase those militants or vandals b'cos our gunboat no get bullets and d boat itself no gree start cheesy grin [/size]
Guy definitely we go hear d stories...inshort give then one month almost all go park up...
Re: Refurbished Gunboat Inaugurated In Okrika By Olonisakin, Chief Of Defence Staff by owotonbinu(m): 2:45pm On May 24, 2016
My prayer is may we never witness war in Nigeria.. I saw a little part of the north east and my orientation changed. Many kids on nairaland shouting NDA this , NA that, would be the first to shit in their pants at the sound of a bomb blast..
Re: Refurbished Gunboat Inaugurated In Okrika By Olonisakin, Chief Of Defence Staff by runz(m): 2:46pm On May 24, 2016
What makes you think the are refurbished?they are not they are locally made,the finishing is not perfect but we are getting there the only imported components on the boat is the gun mounted on it and the yamaha machine the propels the boat.
Re: Refurbished Gunboat Inaugurated In Okrika By Olonisakin, Chief Of Defence Staff by AceRoyal: 3:03pm On May 24, 2016
Ajawuihevictor:

We don't have a 50cal assault rifle, except you intend producing one.
We only have 50cal sniper rifle and mounted MG.
Thanks for the correction was typing in anger.
Below is what I mean....
.50 machine gun

Re: Refurbished Gunboat Inaugurated In Okrika By Olonisakin, Chief Of Defence Staff by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 24, 2016
AceRoyal:
Always refurbishing equipments at heavily padded cost that would be enough to buy new onces.
I'm in support of the NA but those gunboats won't survive an onslaught from 50 calibre assault rifles.

It's the lives of the men that will be stationed on those gunboats I'm concerned about.

Godbless Nigerians!
Godbless Nigerian!

The headline is misleading. Most defence correspondents are useless. The boats have been up-armoured not refurbished. Why would they buy refurbished boats when Proforce Defence manufactures brand new ones in Osun? As for the boats being sitting ducks unless the militants have stealth boats, the on board radar will pick them up well outside the range of militant guns.

Those boats are not sissies.

3 Likes

Re: Refurbished Gunboat Inaugurated In Okrika By Olonisakin, Chief Of Defence Staff by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 24, 2016
kechywillz:
Navy and Airforce now wear the same camo as the army,they used to have their camo,why now do they wear the same thing..
? I have noticed this since feb dis year

NA has air and marine arms. It is NA not navy.

1 Like

Re: Refurbished Gunboat Inaugurated In Okrika By Olonisakin, Chief Of Defence Staff by kajoula(m): 3:33pm On May 24, 2016
knightsTempler:
Buhari- Hello Ambo, I no fit go lagos oh.
Ambo- Why?
Buhari- My ear don spoil
Ambo - But u can hear me..
Buhari- This is not my real ear.

cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin

Re: Refurbished Gunboat Inaugurated In Okrika By Olonisakin, Chief Of Defence Staff by Gora12: 3:55pm On May 24, 2016
knightsTempler:
Buhari- Hello Ambo, I no fit go lagos oh.
Ambo- Why?
Buhari- My ear don spoil
Ambo - But u can hear me..
Buhari- This is not my real ear.

cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin
Bro u wan kill me wit lafta grin
Re: Refurbished Gunboat Inaugurated In Okrika By Olonisakin, Chief Of Defence Staff by ddippset(m): 5:30pm On May 24, 2016
engrchykae:
hypocrisy is when u shout God forbid because a woman in kano brutalised a boy and a day after you wrote this trash.
Because of crude oil a coward like you is calling for the bombardment of a community that has existed for ages,with a rich history and culture.
Anyway there are 20 million mad nigerians
quote me where I said God forbid or where I commented about a woman in kano. you guys are so immature and you are adult kids. I hope you know what an adult kid is. you guys think life is all about apc versus pdp, boko haram versus avengers, kano versus Lagos, buhari versus Jonathan, people praise the so called avengers for destroying pipelines and then being shielded by the communities and when the government withdraws fire because of the innocent people in such community people like you go about making comments like 'Bubu can't try them' 'let the dullard go to the creek now'' 'the illiterate president thinks he can try them' 'let's see how they will save themselves' 'blow up the pipelines' 'any community proven beyond all reasonable doubts to be hiding and shielding and aiding criminals in the name of niger delta avengers should be levelled period.
Re: Refurbished Gunboat Inaugurated In Okrika By Olonisakin, Chief Of Defence Staff by IkpuMmadu: 8:17pm On May 24, 2016
i dey shame

Must the commission everything ?
Re: Refurbished Gunboat Inaugurated In Okrika By Olonisakin, Chief Of Defence Staff by ClintonDal(m): 9:03pm On May 24, 2016
Refurbished my black-ass!!! angry angry angry
They buy a decommissioned gunboat and repaint it just to enable them embezzle funds meant to by a new one. Tomorrow another headline will read, ' See gallant soldier killed by NDA militants' angry angry angry
I pity the navy boys tho undecided undecided
Re: Refurbished Gunboat Inaugurated In Okrika By Olonisakin, Chief Of Defence Staff by mindtricks: 9:05pm On May 24, 2016
ddippset:

The military are free to do whatever they like in pursuit of militants but whatever they do, they must not go about killing innocent citizens of the Niger Delta cos that does not give them the license.

If anything, it will be all joy to see them killing the Fulani herdsmen who are now on the loose.
Re: Refurbished Gunboat Inaugurated In Okrika By Olonisakin, Chief Of Defence Staff by Ariani: 9:21pm On May 24, 2016
Adminisher:
IGNORAMUSES

These gun boats are very capable. They are refurbished for engine power and gunnery calibre upgrade. The very thick fibre glass hulls will stop .50 calibre munitions and self seal. They won't stop RPGS but the a good boat Driver will maneuver to prevent direct hits.
Most NA gun boats also have fore and aft mounting of 12.7mm machine guns and a few grenade launchers.

Operational tactics is evolving to emphasise convoy boat movement with helicopters keeping watch from miles away.

No Niger Delta militant group can match the NA in terms of resources. We have not even started of Navy SBS operations that you won't even see until they are blowing you away. They will watch you singing songs in your camp with night vision Googles and keep tabs. Niger Delta militants are good in water abi? What about people who come from under water and can call on surface and air elements to blast you away?.
Please let us stop childishNess on Nairaland.

Propaganda, you must be a Yoruba or an APC member, or even worst, ie APC Yoruba.
Re: Refurbished Gunboat Inaugurated In Okrika By Olonisakin, Chief Of Defence Staff by Ariani: 9:27pm On May 24, 2016
hucienda:
CDS go be like...

"NDA, we're coming for you!"

And NDA be like:

" CDS, you are coming in one piece, but you will go in pieces".
Re: Refurbished Gunboat Inaugurated In Okrika By Olonisakin, Chief Of Defence Staff by engrchykae(m): 10:15pm On May 24, 2016
ddippset:
quote me where I said God forbid or where I commented about a woman in kano. you guys are so immature and you are adult kids. I hope you know what an adult kid is. you guys think life is all about apc versus pdp, boko haram versus avengers, kano versus Lagos, buhari versus Jonathan, people praise the so called avengers for destroying pipelines and then being shielded by the communities and when the government withdraws fire because of the innocent people in such community people like you go about making comments like 'Bubu can't try them' 'let the dullard go to the creek now'' 'the illiterate president thinks he can try them' 'let's see how they will save themselves' 'blow up the pipelines' 'any community proven beyond all reasonable doubts to be hiding and shielding and aiding criminals in the name of niger delta avengers should be levelled period.
ur opinion is that communities that have existed for ages before this parasitic marriage should be leveled because u weren't getting the their resources the way u feel u should have it.tell me the difference between this attitude/mindset and that of an armed robber who shot his victims because he felt they didn't give him all their money.
Anyway as God would have it ur opinion doesn't matter.am just replying u because ur case is that of a wicked psycho who is unaware of his sadistic tendencies.a wicked mind in a week body is no threat at all.
Re: Refurbished Gunboat Inaugurated In Okrika By Olonisakin, Chief Of Defence Staff by michaelwilli(m): 7:01am On May 25, 2016
AceRoyal:

Godbless Nigerians!
Godbless Nigerian!
Those boats survive 50 cal ammo. U probably haven't seen one that has been hit. Those glasses behind the machine gun can survive multiple hits.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ambode Suspends Traditional Ruler For Faking His Own Kidnap / States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List / Amosun Appoints Offor Emmanuel Ndimele, Igbo Man As Permanent Secretary In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.