Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? (17950 Views)

PDP Crisis: Babangida And Dickson In Closed Door Meeting / AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird / PDP Crisis: Makarfi Bows, Indicate Resolve To Work With Sheriff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 24, 2016
Abeos:

Pls add CONFUSED WAILERS
grin grin

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by kachola: 5:52pm On May 24, 2016
Dcomrade:
This is very sad but I think the police should obey the PortHarcout court order, because the PDP convention took place there.

From my lame man point of view though. grin
but setting up caretaker commitee is nt in pdp constitution

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by Osyabj: 6:15pm On May 24, 2016
comos:

why is your stomach running because of PDP

whther they leave or stay, come 2019 PDP will take APC to the cleaner

Just exactly how do you pdp thug intend to take APC to the cleaner?

***Your Hero. Jona is on the run, now in exile in Abidjan, Ivory Coast.

***Virtualy all your leaders are facing corrutpion trials and many more will fail before 2019

*** The Army and Police which you pdp thugs use to write election result is now controlled by APC

*** Virtually all the INEC staffs that you have corrupted will end up in jail or be fired, to be replaced by APC loyalists

*** Buhari always gets 12 million votes even against Northern pdp candidates like Yaradua,

*** Many current pdp Governors has indicated interest to join APC and they will jump off pdp ship right before 2019

Bottomline by the time Buhari is done with pdp, pdp may not win upto to 5 states in 2019!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by kadree(m): 6:23pm On May 24, 2016
Pavore9:
What was really binding PDP all these years?
My bLother na YAMS from new yam festival. Lolz

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 24, 2016
the PH court has a strong jurisdiction on the matter.
Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by feeloscar(m): 6:33pm On May 24, 2016
comos:

dream on bro, na you get your kpangolo
Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by Gavel(m): 6:33pm On May 24, 2016
ddippset:
Every judge in rivers state is in the pocket of wike. I wasn't surprised the other injunction was from port Harcourt.
Oga, I hope you aware that the decision is that of the Federal High Court, PH Judicial Division and not the Rivers State High Court.
Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by charisma640: 6:38pm On May 24, 2016
modath:

Stop running, the masquerade chasing you in your nightmares wasn't sent by Bubu, they are just a a manifestation of your thoughts. smiley

Of all off balance arguments, this is the most ridiculous, na Bubu say make dem nor fit agree on who go hold the knife to share the left over yam peels?

@ dcomrade,

Your analysis is real "lame man".. Arase will continue to hold the key to Wadata plaza till whenever

On a more serious note though,Sheriff has a stronger claim because there is a subsisting court order to maintain status quo on the position chairman, secretary and auditor.
Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by DifferentBoy1(m): 6:39pm On May 24, 2016
Esso95:

Lol. Boy, how old are you?
The Federal High Court effected the judgement NOT Lagos state.

Dooorh....Lagos busy body don't too much....na only them get high court
Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by ddippset(m): 6:40pm On May 24, 2016
Gavel:

Oga, I hope you aware that the decision is that of the Federal High Court, PH Judicial Division and not the Rivers State High Court.
lol, don't be naive brother. Even if the supreme had a division in porthacourt Wike would have the Judge in his pocket. Wike pays very well, berra ask somebody.
Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by feeloscar(m): 6:41pm On May 24, 2016
DifferentBoy1:
Port Harcourt court should be obeyed because:-
1..The convention was held in PH and not Lagos.
2..Lagos is not a PDP state and at that stand,they will be biased in judgement.
3..Lagos should not interfer in matters not concerning them because they are just a state like any other and not the fct.
Ignorance at its peak. So the Federal high court Lagos is now Lagos State property?
Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by Gavel(m): 6:41pm On May 24, 2016
Kandaha:

You are wrong sir.The Federal High Court is seen as One Court with different Divisions across the Country for administrative convenience. Sec 19 of the Federal High Court has said it all.

There are also a Plethora of cases to this effect. In FRN vs MKO ABIOLA. Abiola was arrested in Lagos and tried by the Federal High Court in Abuja. His Lawyer's objected to this on the ground that he was arrested in Lagos and should have been tried in Lagos and not out of jurisdiction. The Court held that Out of Jurisdiction means : Out of Nigeria hence Abiola could have been tried in any other division (any state).
The state were an event occurs isn't an issue for the Federal High Court to have Jurisdiction.

I must commend your view as a Layman. The statement you made has brought a lot of arguments in Legal circles.
As a lawyer, I am at a loss as to which order is to be obeyed considering the fact that they are courts of co-ordinate jurisdiction.

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by Gavel(m): 6:44pm On May 24, 2016
Kandaha:

You are wrong sir.The Federal High Court is seen as One Court with different Divisions across the Country for administrative convenience. Sec 19 of the Federal High Court has said it all.

There are also a Plethora of cases to this effect. In FRN vs MKO ABIOLA. Abiola was arrested in Lagos and tried by the Federal High Court in Abuja. His Lawyer's objected to this on the ground that he was arrested in Lagos and should have been tried in Lagos and not out of jurisdiction. The Court held that Out of Jurisdiction means : Out of Nigeria hence Abiola could have been tried in any other division (any state).
The state were an event occurs isn't an issue for the Federal High Court to have Jurisdiction.

I must commend your view as a Layman. The statement you made has brought a lot of arguments in Legal circles..

As a lawyer, I am at a loss as to which order is to be obeyed considering the fact that they are courts of co-ordinate jurisdiction
Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by DifferentBoy1(m): 6:47pm On May 24, 2016
feeloscar:
Ignorance at its peak. So the Federal high court Lagos is now Lagos State property?

B4 nkor....APC influencing it's judgements.
Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by Gavel(m): 6:47pm On May 24, 2016
ddippset:
lol, don't be naive brother. Even if the supreme had a division in porthacourt Wike would have the Judge in his pocket. Wike pays very well, berra ask somebody.

Haha. Funny you. It's not as simple as it seems bro. I practice in PH
Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by ddippset(m): 6:53pm On May 24, 2016
Gavel:

Haha. Funny you. It's not as simple as it seems bro. I practice in PH
lol, well barrister I hope say you never collect. The way you are sounding ehn!
Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by TheShopKeeper(m): 7:00pm On May 24, 2016
Very unfotunate that the PDP chairmanship
have always being experiencing bad luck. No chairman have held the position for two concurrent years so sad.

Yet PDP will blame APC for this current 'roforofo fight'.

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by ElCapone(m): 7:23pm On May 24, 2016
comos:

Abobaku 1 of PDP.

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by ElCapone(m): 7:23pm On May 24, 2016
comos:

Abobaku 1 of PDP.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by Kandaha: 9:06pm On May 24, 2016
babosky2008:
the PH court has a strong jurisdiction on the matter.

How does the PH Division have a stronger Jurisdiction?
Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by Kandaha: 9:22pm On May 24, 2016
Gavel:

As a lawyer, I am at a loss as to which order is to be obeyed considering the fact that they are courts of co-ordinate jurisdiction

It is a very dicey one Sir. Our Learned Brothers and Seniors will have their Opinions on this Issue. Our Judicial System is funny and we do not learn. The best thing is for either party to take it upstairs by appealing to the Court of Appeal. Bear in mind that it would be funny if the suit is appealed in both Lagos and Porthacourt divisions of the Court of Appeal.

Some may say one Judge gave the other before the other and the first in time should prevail but they have coordinate Jurisdiction.

We cannot say one party has a better case because the Court isn't Father Christmas to grant you what you didn't ask for and in this case both judges gave orders as they saw fit on the respective motion papers.

The Court of Appeal may look at Orders as Prayed or the wordings of both orders.

It may get to the Supreme Court and as it is said, they know best ( so to say ).

On this issue, Lawyers will be divided because valid arguments can be brought forward in my opinion and no matter what the Supreme Court decides we shall be divided.

As The late Justice Oputa said:
"We are final not because we are infallible, rather we are infallible because we are final".

Whether it gets to the Supreme Court or not, it has already turned out to be an academic exercise.

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by Kandaha: 9:23pm On May 24, 2016
Gavel:

It is a very dicey one Sir. Our Learned Brothers and Seniors will have their Opinions on this Issue. Our Judicial System is funny and we do not learn. The best thing is for either party to take it upstairs by appealing to the Court of Appeal. Bear in mind that it would be funny if the suit is appealed in both Lagos and Porthacourt divisions of the Court of Appeal.

Some may say one Judge gave the other before the other and the first in time should prevail but they have coordinate Jurisdiction.

I doubt if this is the first time such is happening by and large.

We cannot say one party has a better case because the Court isn't Father Christmas to grant you what you didn't ask for and in this case both judges gave orders as they saw fit on the respective motion papers.

The Court of Appeal may look at Orders as Prayed or the wordings of both orders.

It may get to the Supreme Court and as it is said, they know best ( so to say ).

On this issue, Lawyers will be divided because valid arguments can be brought forward in my opinion and no matter what the Supreme Court decides we shall be divided.

Something of this nature happened in 2014 between Hon Justice Ibrahim Buba and Hon Justice Okon Abang, both of the Federal High Court pertaining to News Watch Communications. The Appeal Courts will set aside one.

None of them can either way set the others judgements aside: HEMBADOOM TORTYA vs WURUKUM VILLAGE MARKET COOPERATIVE.

As The late Justice Oputa said:
"We are final not because we are infallible, rather we are infallible because we are final".

Be that as it may, Whether it gets to the Supreme Court or not, it has already turned out to be an academic exercise.

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by dimieprincess(f): 9:25pm On May 24, 2016
gwales:
The police should simply donate the office to IDPs. After all, pdp as a party is responsible for the IDPs predicament when they shared the money meant to fight Boko Haram.
you right, just as we are going to donate APC secretariat to AGATU and ENUGU IDPs

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by LoveJesus87(m): 10:19pm On May 24, 2016
dukie25:

Our courts have been bastardised, one country, different rulings. When has this ever happened in Nigeria?
Was there ever a country called 'Nigeria' in the first place?

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by Paiko1234: 12:17am On May 25, 2016
Gan gan sheriff dey sleep some governors go week am. My hand no dey ooh
Re: PDP Crisis: Which Court Order Will Police Obey? Lagos Or PortHarcourt Order? by S1rsubway1: 6:51am On May 25, 2016
modath:

Of course, in the SE/SS like 2015. wink

Lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram Beheads Four IDPs In Dalori-1 Camp, Maiduguri / Lauretta Onochie Tackles Obasanjo On Fulanisation Claim / Federal Character Commission grounded, operates with only one commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.