Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo) (18476 Views)

Presidency Reacts To Report On Buhari Avoiding Aso-rock Office(photo) / President Buhari & Aisha Laughing In His Office (Photo) / President Buhari Working In His Living Room Office (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo) by southpole: 10:00pm On May 24, 2016
While I am not against Wike but I'm forced to state that the wide spread killings and insecurity in Rivers state have nullified all the good works he has done if any. The most important need of any living thing is security and if the chief security officer of a state is found wanting in this area he has no reason to continue to occupy that position. In other climes the needful could have been for him to honourably step aside.
Re: Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo) by emmydollars4life(m): 10:06pm On May 24, 2016
drshrewd:
the worst desaster to have ever happened to Rivers State
these are some of his newly constructed open gutter drainage roads

Rumuwara from Elimgbu to Eliozu

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3737841_7403_jpeg31a8c8fc81815868ab51a16a4bf3dee5
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3737842_7404_jpeg6df4bf24b08123e5430a90d06b6784d5

Psychiatric road
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3493708_psy5_jpeg7f714280de44ed8edcd0f70bea04db94
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3493710_psy7_jpeg5f0775898225bac8c3e95bd9165e1858

over N90b borrowed gone to the winds
Jump enter that gutter, Wike for Rivers
Re: Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo) by seeman(m): 11:17pm On May 24, 2016
Nigeria don go down
Re: Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo) by Aare2050(m): 11:31pm On May 24, 2016
danasjoe1:
My man Wike,I wish we had some like you or Obiano in enugu state n not that weeping man called ugwuanyi..I doubt if there is a governor in enugu state

seems you are not staying in Enugu state.

I'm a Yoruba boy...

but I'm currently serving in Enugu state. nsukka to be precise.
I can upload pictures of the great work the government is doing in nsukka tomorrow for you to see.

the governor is working...

unlike Mr President.

get fact before you sprew words
Re: Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo) by Nobody: 12:33am On May 25, 2016
drshrewd:
the worst desaster to have ever happened to Rivers State
these are some of his newly constructed open gutter drainage roads

Rumuwara from Elimgbu to Eliozu

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3737841_7403_jpeg31a8c8fc81815868ab51a16a4bf3dee5
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3737842_7404_jpeg6df4bf24b08123e5430a90d06b6784d5

Psychiatric road

over N90b borrowed gone to the winds
You are so sad and pained that you've allowed sentiment to cloud your sense of judgement.

Ameachi was in office for 8yrs and that rumuigbo road was never fixed, Wike has done that and you are here talking of a drainage system you shld blame residents for dumping refuse on.

Am surprise you didn't add iwofe road Ameachi abandoned for 8yrs and was a death trap to residents of that area.

Use your sixth sense, "enemy of progress", na so you go dey waka dey snap until u go waka lost cheesy

Has your president built and completed any federal road?.

2 Likes

Re: Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo) by mira4u: 1:34am On May 25, 2016
Smh angry embarassed
Re: Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo) by Truckpusher(m): 1:43am On May 25, 2016
kITATITA:
The man has done some good projects; especially roads but he has also borrowed heavily. Even when he worked with Amaechi and as Minister, Wike is not known to be prudent. If he is imitating Fashola, Rivers doesn't have the type of economic muscles that sustained Lagos over successive high cost administrations.
Well, I pray that the bitter lesson from dwindling oil fortune should be an indicator for him to take advantage of the human resources that Rivers State can make available and raise revenue to an all time high - Rivers State ,apart from the oil revenue is a goldmine waiting to be discovered for her enormous potential that has been left untapped.
All Wike needed to do right now is to think properly and he will come up with something, an idea that will put money and a lot of it into the State's treasury. Agriculture/Aquaculture in Rivers State and an effective transportation system especially for commercial purposes and in partnership with a local company like innoson and some other silent source of revenue like IT , communication et al can transform the state over ten years .
Re: Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo) by Truckpusher(m): 1:49am On May 25, 2016
herbie27:
You are so sad and pained that you've allowed sentiment to cloud your sense of judgement.

Ameachi was in office for 8yrs and that rumuigbo road was never fixed, Wike has done that and you are here talking of a drainage system you shld blame residents for dumping refuse on.

Am surprise you didn't add iwofe road Ameachi abandoned for 8yrs and was a death trap to residents of that area.

Use your sixth sense, "enemy of progress", na so you go dey waka dey snap until u go waka lost cheesy

Forget that guy abeg - All he wanted was for Rivers State to be under the stranglehold of his Hausa / Fulani masters and his South West Afonjas in Aso Rock. grin
We the good of Rivers people have rejected his demonic party grin
What you're witnessing now is the cry of a drowning man he will do anything to survive . But his lies can't survive this Wike's administration. grin

1 Like

Re: Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo) by drshrewd: 2:53am On May 25, 2016
Truckpusher:
Demdem the dimwit , you're changing monikers like panties abi ?

Try harder , Wike is working - I came home today and was greeted with beautiful roads that are well built and drainages well taken care of . Just stop throwing your dirts into the gutters from that slum you call home. cheesy

grin show me one road started by wike with a modern drainage facilities yet he's spent over N300b shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo) by drshrewd: 3:14am On May 25, 2016
dechriscool:
I am not here to respond nor dignify any pained individual.
Indigenes and non indigenes of Rivers state are doing a solidarity walk on 28th of May,2016 to showcase the good work of Governor Wike.The programme of events posted above listed Wike achievement.
#governorwikeisworking

grin eagle island road wike project cheesy wike na bigg ole grin
creek road, eagle island and other similar well constructed road with underground drainage and pedestrian walk way are all Amaechi's project. they were all almost completed before he left office.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin how o spot wike road started by wike: if road is very narrow, not up o 4 inch thick, hastily and poorly constructed, open gutter drainage then you know road is started by wike. wike supporters know his or can anybody disprove this grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo) by drshrewd: 3:40am On May 25, 2016
herbie27:

[b] grin wha is his one cappin do you reside in rivers a all. hose roads you mentioned were all ongoing project before Amaechi left office. the underground drainage for Iwofe road was completed and road was done almost beyound city crown hotel. the section of psychiatric road done by Amaechgi was done with underground drainage and pedestrian walk way as shown below
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3493694_psy2_jpeg34012221328b92e13a385e0756440c8b
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3493693_psy1_jpeg1a9eeb0c8b472ca2a6165d3c1a0a3838
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3493695_psy3_jpeg28a5e9574b6316aa75ba44a4e0e8681e

he secion of same road done by wike is just a quintessence of his usual mediocrity______narow road, open gutter drainage and poorly consruced road

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3493709_psy6_jpegbfa79edebfbe09886cab2961f86a07ad
note he has borrowed over N90b already cheesy
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo) by maimalari: 3:52am On May 25, 2016
Exceller:
Wike has done excellently in the area of road construction and maintainance. Ninety percent of projects started by Ameachi was completed by his government. You need to ply the Rumuokurusi, Elimgbu, Eneka and Igwuruta roads to see the wonders he has done with the roads with pedestrian walkway and streetlights.. Even in this era of dwindling revenues. The man is a true son of Rivers state. That dude complaining about Rumuwahra roads should try and sensitise the local community to stop dumping refuse on drainages and only on the designated point by RIWAMA...Flash back to the state of that road before Wike came in and stop spewing trash here.
This rumukwurushi, elimgbu, eneka, iguruta road was completed with sidewalks and streetlights by amaechi b4 he left office. Even tho there was no road markings. Has wike completed the road marking on d road?

1 Like

Re: Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo) by jodeci(m): 4:30am On May 25, 2016
maimalari:

This rumukwurushi, elimgbu, eneka, iguruta road was completed with sidewalks and streetlights by amaechi b4 he left office. Even tho there was no road markings. Has wike completed the road marking on d road?

I wonder why you guys find it easy to lie? I live off that road,that road was almost impassable before Wike took over especially Tank/Lonestar axis.

You will not die if you commend good work,Wike has tried in road construction,i almost didnt believe it was rumuagholu/Nkpolu i was driving through when i went to visit my dad recently,infact i drove past the enterance to his street unknowingly.
What of sars Road,Eliozu/Elimgbu road,rukpoku/eneka road.
The man has done well,i dont give a Bleep even he borrows 1 trillion as long as i have felt and will continue to feel the benefits of his admnistration.
I had first hand experience of what these roads were before his admnistration.

1 Like

Re: Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo) by maimalari: 4:37am On May 25, 2016
jodeci:

I wonder why you guys find it easy to lie? I live off that road,that road was almost impassable before Wike took over especially Tank/Lonestar axis.

You will not die if you commend good work,Wike has tried in road construction,i almost didnt believe it was rumuagholu/Nkpolu i was driving through when i went to visit my dad recently,infact i drove past the enterance to his street unknowingly.
What of sars Road,Eliozu/Elimgbu road,rukpoku/eneka road.
The man has done well,i dont give a Bleep even he borrows 1 trillion as long as i have felt and will continue to feel the benefits of his admnistration.
I had first hand experience of what these roads were before his admnistration.

U can lie oo. https://www.nairaland.com/2189663/eneka-road-nearing-completion-pictures

3 Likes

Re: Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo) by maimalari: 4:47am On May 25, 2016
Only thing remaining on that road is road markings as at when amaechi left office. Yes wike has done a few road albeit "nddc standard" roads. More like roads done by a local govt chairman kind of quality. For me his major achievement is rehabilitation of bad spots aka patching of bad portions. That has eased traffic at rumuola junction, waterlines junction and many others. Asides road patching, am yet to see laudable road projects.
If u know him or someone close to him, pls tell him pitakwa residents expect him to do the airport-obirikwerre link road and a bypass from phc urban to oyigbo with dual carriage, sidewalks and street lighting. Enough of this false praise-singing for a mediocre.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo) by Nobody: 4:52am On May 25, 2016
drshrewd:

grin haahahahahahahahaha ;Dhahahaahahhahahaaha grin

the few reasonable project their were almost 90% completed by Amaechi.
please can you show me one standard good road started by Wike with underground drainage and pedestrian walk way in any part of the state?. meanwhile I did not remember the immediate past government building any open gutter as drainage.
wike has borrowed over N90b already cheesy

Iwofe road
Re: Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo) by jodeci(m): 4:56am On May 25, 2016
maimalari:
Only thing remaining on that road is road markings as at when amaechi left office. Yes wike has done a few road albeit "nddc standard" roads. More like roads done by a local govt chairman kind of quality. For me his major achievement is rehabilitation of bad spots aka patching of bad portions. That has eased traffic at rumuola junction, waterlines junction and many others. Asides road patching, am yet to see laudable road projects.
If u know him or someone close to him, pls tell him pitakwa residents expect him to do the airport-obirikwerre link road and a bypass from phc urban to oyigbo with dual carriage, sidewalks and street lighting. Enough of this false praise-singing for a mediocre.

The bottomline is APC will remain a dead party in Rivers State,this will be my last response.
Re: Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo) by VagileVictor(m): 5:20am On May 25, 2016
One year concentration in Port Harcourt alone, is uncalled for. 90,000,000,000 would've provided alot of infrastructure in the entire nooks and crannies of the State.
I fear for any other ideas and plans to visit the rural areas that gave him their mandate.

1 Like

Re: Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo) by Freshwhyte(m): 5:21am On May 25, 2016
CXLVII:
NGN90,000,000,000 loan in action

And Ameachi started all of the listed project...
shut your mouth up..Ameachi never started Eneka rupokwu road..Am from Eneka..

1 Like

Re: Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo) by Freshwhyte(m): 5:27am On May 25, 2016

1 Like

Re: Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo) by Nobody: 5:31am On May 25, 2016
Psychiatric road

over N90b borrowed gone to the winds[/color][/b][/quote]

I believe you've got some mental issues.
How on earth will you blame your governor for not cleaning your drainages?
Just so amazing what hate can do to some people.
Btw do you know why he relieved his works commissioner of his duty?
Re: Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo) by Truckpusher(m): 6:42am On May 25, 2016
drshrewd:

grin show me one road started by wike with a modern drainage facilities yet he's spent over N300b shocked shocked shocked shocked
Why would he start a new road when your dog of Ubima abandoned too many roads uncompleted with a hyper inflated value ?

I think you should crucify him for not building a new monorail , but wait a minute I heard you complaining last time when he said he will not touch Amaechi's fraudulent monorail .
You're as blind as a bat my friend . grin
Re: Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo) by drshrewd: 6:50am On May 25, 2016
og2711:

Iwofe road

grin wike have never done a road with underground drainage and pedestrian walk way in his life. grin Amaechi did Iwofe ole grin

3 Likes

Re: Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo) by drshrewd: 6:53am On May 25, 2016
Truckpusher:
Why would he start a new road when your dog of Ubima abandoned too many roads uncompleted with a hyper inflated value ?

I think you should crucify him for not building a new monorail , but wait a minute I heard you complaining last time when he said he will not touch Amaechi's fraudulent monorail .
You're as blind as a bat my friend . grin

[b]show me any pas governor who did more road than Amaech. note before he came in we had barely 3 dual carriage in rivers bu now ca[/b]n you count he no of dual carriage way we have in rivers

1 Like

Re: Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo) by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:04am On May 25, 2016
“The governor shortly after obtaining the first set of loans purchased a needless N300 million luxury armoured mobile office. Even as that insensitive action has since set tongues wagging, the governor took his friends to Spain to watch the decisive UEFA Champions League match between Real Madrid and Wolsburg of Germany followed by a lavish party to celebrate Madrid’s 3-2 aggregate win because the governor is a fan of Real Madrid.

For now, the governor and his friends have concluded plans to spend another N105 million ($300,000.00) to go and watch UEFA Champions League final slated for May 28, 2016 in Milan, Italy. Already, groups in Rivers state are threatening resistance to such profligacy by government in the face of hard times the people are going through.

https://www.naij.com/836399-wike-borrowed-n10b-loan-watch-ucl-final-milan.html

1 Like

Re: Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo) by Nobody: 8:15am On May 25, 2016
danasjoe1:
My man Wike,I wish we had some like you or Obiano in enugu state n not that weeping man called ugwuanyi..I doubt if there is a governor in enugu state

Is there a way that the Enugu House can impeach Ugwuanyi? I can't believe Enugu people known for electing good leaders will elect this man.

1 Like

Re: Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo) by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:29am On May 25, 2016
Roads and Bridges by Amaechi. Some completed and some that were ongoing.

[b]Over 170 roads, more of which are in the rural areas. All the roads are being built with drainages. Some of the major roads have been converted to dual carriageways with walkways, streetlights and greenery as well as drainages, most of them underground. Others are being converted to six lane highways. Some of the roads are:

Rumuola Road (completed).
First Bank/Rumuobiakani/Old Aba Road (completed).
Oginigba /Slaughter Road (completed).
The Elekahia/Rumuomasi road (completed)
Rukpakwulusi/Eneka/ Igwuruta road
The Rumuokwuta/Choba Road (almost completed)
Eneka/Igbo-Etche/ Iriebe road
Ozuboko/Elelenwo road- the road from Peter Odili road cutting across Woji to Elelenwo.
Rukpokwu/Eneka/Eligbolo road
Rukpokwu/Rumuagholu /Aluu road
Ozuoba/Rumuparaeli/Choba road
Rukpakwulusi /Eligbolo /Rumuodomaya road,
Rumuekini/ Aluu road,
Rumuibekwe/Elelenwo road and bridge
Ken Saro Wiwa road-also known as Stadium road (about 70 percent completed)
Rumuagholu /Ada George road
Woji/Okujagu/Elelenwo road.
Aba road to Oyigbo- from the Flyover at Rumukwurusi/Eleme junction to the toll-gate and to the bridge.

Some major rural roads projects being funded by the Amaechi Administration include:

The Okirika Ring Road
The Ogoni/Andoni/Opobo Unity Road
The Bonny- Bodo road
Omofo/Agba/Ndele road leading to Abua.

A lot of other rural roads and internal roads in some Local Government Areas amounting to over 70 per cent of the Road projects constructed by the Amaechi administration has been completed and some still ongoing.

The major Flyovers are:

The Eleme Junction Flyover/interchange (completed)

The Agip/Rumueme/Abacha road Junction Flyover on Ikwerre Road

Tam David-West/East-West Road Flyover by Obiri Iwerre

Eliozu Junction flyover on Chief G.U Ake Road; and

Rumukurusi flyover,

Some of the bridges are:

The Ikuru Town Atlantic Ocean Bridge in Andoni
The Okirika Ring Road Bridges
The Unity road Bridges in the Ogoni-Andoni-Opobo axis
The construction of bridges across Bolo Creek with approaches
The construction of 6 rural steel bridges including the Ndoni steel bridge and the Orashi steel bridge which links communities on both sides of
The construction of 6 rural steel bridges including the Ndoni steel bridge and the Orashi steel bridge which links communities on both sides of the Orashi River
Mbiama/Akinima road bridge
NyorKhana/KenKhana Bridge
Bori Boue Brigde

Abalama Tema Bridge amongst others[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo) by ajealadick(m): 8:33am On May 25, 2016
Ol boy! did you go to school? First see your topic: Wike's 100 days? ....... After how many months?

Also several of your pictures are 'damaged' with bad spelling. This shows the type of crowd following the governor.

1 Like

Re: Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo) by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:38am On May 25, 2016
[b]Which roads did Amaechi build?

SIR: From the inception of his tenure as the Governor of Rivers State in October 2007, Amaechi directed efforts and deployed significant resources of the state towards the development of infrastructure.
Against the backdrop of this commitment, the administration articulated its vision with respect to the road sector as “A Rivers State where all communities are accessible by quality roads…” This vision by emphasizing quality roads implicitly acknowledged the finding of a study that there is a strong positive correlation between the economic development and the quality of the road network of an area.
Between 2007 and 2014, over 300 contracts relating to roads and bridges, land reclamation and shore protection projects were awarded. As at August 2014, 165 of these contracts had been successfully completed with the remainder at various stages of completion, with the exception of two in which the contractors were not mobilized before the end of the tenure.
The administration also completed 23 major bridges in different parts of the State with six other bridges at various stages of completion. The completed bridges include nine bridges on the Unity Road (Ogoni-Andoni-Opobo) Road; two Steel bridges at Eagle Island; Ndoni Steel Bridge; three bridges on the Okrika Ring Road; bridge at the Abuloma-Woji Road; Mbiama-Akinima Bridge; Bolo Creek bridge. The on-going bridges include Woji-Akpajobridge (70% completion); Luwa-Bere bridge (50% completion); Orashi Steel bridge (60% completion); Tema Steel bridge (40% completion) and two bridges on the Unity Road.

The administration completed two major flyovers: Agip Roundabout on Ikwerre Road and Eliozu on the East-West Road. It reconstructed the collapsed flyover on Aba Road near the Nigeria Air force Base. Another flyover at Woji has reached 85% completion level. Two interchanges were also completed at Rumuokwurusi (at the intersection between the Port Harcourt-Aba Expressway and the East-West Road) the area erroneously called “Eleme Junction”; and at Obiri Ikwerre (at the intersection between Prof. Tam David-West Boulevard and East-West Road).

To evidence, Amaechi’s concern for all the residents of the State, 70 percent of the roads are located in the rural areas with the remainder 30% are within the Greater Port Harcourt Metropolis. From the rural areas to the urban centres, no part of the State was left out in the development of good road network. The Amaechi Administration expanded and completed the Okrika Ring Road. It expanded the Mbiama-Akinima Road. It constructed the Kpopie-Bodo Road. It substantially completed the Unity Road, which traverses three local government councils – Khana, Andoni and Opobo/Nkoro.

Before he left office, Governor Amaechi ensured that the people of the Ancient Opobo Kingdom could get to Opobo by road. Anxious to ensure that all parts of Rivers State were accessible by road, the Amaechi administration entered into advanced discussions with the Nigeria LNG Ltd with respect to the completion of the Bodo-Bonny Road, which had been abandoned by the Federal Government. The administration also completed the Rivers State end of the Port Harcourt Owerri Road, in order to create relief for Rivers people, in the same way it attempted to reconstruct the Rivers State end of the East West road, but was refused to do so by the then Federal Government. To improve movement of farm goods and encourage trade and commerce, the Amaechi administration constructed a major spine road between Isiokpo and Omerelu.

The Isiokpo/Omerelu road reaffirmed the high premium the Amaechi administration placed on transportation. The criticality of some roads made them a compelling proposition for the Amaechi Administration. These included the Ada George Road (Mile III Diobu to Mgbuoba) and the Port Harcourt – Owerri Road. The Amaechi Administration constructed a dual carriage Highway from the Port International Airport Junction to the boundary between Rivers State and Imo State; the rehabilitation of the Port-Harcourt – Aba Expressway (from the Rumuokwurusi Interchange to the boundary with Abia State). The Administration also awarded the contract for the Trans-Kalabari Highway which construction had commenced before the end of tenure.

Within the capital city, the need to decongest the Aba Road led to the conception and construction of a Relief Road before the ever-busy Rumuola Junction to link Aba Road to Rumuomasi/Elekahia/Trans-Amadi. This Relief Road opened the area for residential development. The Old Stadium Road (renamed Ken Saro-Wiwa Road) was dualized. Similarly, the Old Aba Road up to Rumuogba (Artillery) was also dualized. Okporo Road was dualized to take traffic from Aba Road to the East-West Road.

To address access to the Industrial Area: Trans-Amadi, the Amaechi Administration dualized the Elekahia-Rumuomasi Road linking Aba Expressway. It also dualized the Oginigba – Rumuobiokani Road. It dualized Nkpogu Road, which takes traffic to and from Eastern By-Pass. Save for a disagreement between the Contractor and the Ministry of Works, the bridge that opens up the second lane of the road would have been completed before the end of term.

The Administration conceived, awarded the contract and commenced the construction of another major spine road linking Garrison to East-West Road (Garrison-Trans-Amadi-Oginigba-Woji-Elelenwo) with an interchange at Garrison, three bridges at Waja River, Oginigba River, Woji River and underpass at Oginigba (near the Zoological Garden. The execution of the road project is phased.
The Woji section had attained a level of completion since 2014 that allows for reasonably unimpeded use by commuters. Work continued at the Trans-Amadi section before the end of the term. Within the same Trans-Amadi axis, the Amaechi Administration conceived, awarded the contracts and substantially constructed the Abuloma-Woji Road and the Woji-Akpajo Road. The objective of this road is to take traffic to or from Eleme axis (Akwa Ibom) away from Aba Road.

The Administration also conceived, awarded the contract and commenced the reconstruction of the Rumuepirikom – Rumuolumeni Road; the Elioparanwo Road; the Iguruta-Eneka-Rumuokwurusi Road as dualized roads. The Administration reconstructed the Ikwerre Road from Education Bus Stop to Agip Roundabout. To provide relief to Ikwerre Road for commuters from Rukpokwu, Iguruta, International Airport, and the Administration reconstructed the G.U. Ake Road linking Aba Road to Ikwerre Road close to Rukpokwu. The Amaechi Administration also conceived and awarded the contracts for the dualization and reconstruction of the Old Aba Road (Rumuogba) – Woji Road and Oil-Mill –Elelenwo-Akpajo Road (the Old Refinery Road.)

In summary, Amaechi gave significant attention to the development of good roads in Rivers State on the understanding of its many benefits to the socio-economic wellbeing of the State. The Amaechi administration left a number of nearly completed roads that now serve as low hanging fruits for the new administration. What is required is for the present government to build on the excellent foundation laid. Those who are resorting to cheap muck-raking rather than face their work are only wasting their time and that of the good people of Rivers State.

Victor Tambari Giadom is the immediate past Commissioner of Works in Rivers State.
http://thenationonlineng.net/which-roads-did-amaechi-build/[/b]
Re: Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo) by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:41am On May 25, 2016
Either way, Wike gets credit for completing some projects started by Hon. Amaechi. However the former Commissioner of Works under Wike, Engr. Wachuku got sacked by Wike for his vision of completing Amaechi projects.

As Amaechi said these projects belong to the Rivers people. Sad Wike sacked Engr. Wachuku for making the right choices.
Re: Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo) by Nobody: 8:52am On May 25, 2016
drshrewd:

[b] grin wha is his one cappin do you reside in rivers a all. hose roads you mentioned were all ongoing project before Amaechi left office. the underground drainage for Iwofe road was completed and road was done almost beyound city crown hotel. the section of psychiatric road done by Amaechgi was done with underground drainage and pedestrian walk way as shown below
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3493694_psy2_jpeg34012221328b92e13a385e0756440c8b
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3493693_psy1_jpeg1a9eeb0c8b472ca2a6165d3c1a0a3838
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3493695_psy3_jpeg28a5e9574b6316aa75ba44a4e0e8681e

he secion of same road done by wike is just a quintessence of his usual mediocrity______narow road, open gutter drainage and poorly consruced road

note he has borrowed over N90b already cheesy
[/b]
Don't jst join the bang-wagon in defamating someone's character, your heatred for Wike will some day get you into trouble if you don't stop spooing all this trash you are saying now.

So for 8yrs all Ameachi could do for one of the roads that leads to an industrial area is to build a drainage system which is a lie fabricated by you, cos Wike started from Drainage to building the road which is still ongoing, roads as such are suppose to be given precedence.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Bleeds As Pipeline Bombings, Vandalism Wreaks Economy / Makinde, Oyo Government Trade Words Over Alleged Last-Minute Spending / Governor Zulum Celebrates 100days In Office With 120 Completed Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.