Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Fayose Closes Ecobanks And GTBanks In Ado-Ekiti - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Closes Ecobanks And GTBanks In Ado-Ekiti (25202 Views)

Fayose Embraces Ooni Ogunwusi As Both Leaders Meet In Ado-ekiti / Masses Stage Anti-Corruption Protest In Ado-Ekiti / Fayose Inspects Roads In Ado Ekiti, Looks Unworried (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayose Closes Ecobanks And GTBanks In Ado-Ekiti by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 25, 2016
Now that oil revenue has fallen, most states have to start being creative about taxation.....ie squeeze money out of every nook and cranny.

I don't like Fayose....but the man has no choice. Oil prices has fallen....and he still HAS to find money for state projects and salaries.

Still.....our governors are poor money managers., When the cash was high....everyone was busy spending without thought for tomorrow. Now...cash is low....problem don start.
Re: Fayose Closes Ecobanks And GTBanks In Ado-Ekiti by lankieman: 3:03pm On May 25, 2016
Journalism hmmmmm

If na another state you go hear task force Seal off.
Re: Fayose Closes Ecobanks And GTBanks In Ado-Ekiti by VivianUdeogu(f): 3:03pm On May 25, 2016
Fayose is greater than ojukwu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose Closes Ecobanks And GTBanks In Ado-Ekiti by cold(m): 3:04pm On May 25, 2016
Story is too sketchy. We need a detailed report of what transpired.
Re: Fayose Closes Ecobanks And GTBanks In Ado-Ekiti by Scholar8200(m): 3:06pm On May 25, 2016
But Corporate bodies eg Banks pay Income tax to FIRS (Federal govt) alone not SIRS!What then? Except if the issue here is remittance of PAYE deducted, there is more to this story.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Closes Ecobanks And GTBanks In Ado-Ekiti by holluphemydavid(m): 3:07pm On May 25, 2016
MadCow1:
Mad people state
Ur name said it all, am not surprise cos u are mad as ur name is madcow

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Closes Ecobanks And GTBanks In Ado-Ekiti by free2ryhme: 3:08pm On May 25, 2016
but must dey be reminded to pay taxes

lets be rationale
Re: Fayose Closes Ecobanks And GTBanks In Ado-Ekiti by frisky2good(m): 3:09pm On May 25, 2016
How can a governor ask banks to pay him money? Una no dey fear God fa!

tmark1888:

Follw the Ekiti issue very well...it has nothing to do with tax. Fayose asked the banks to each contribute a special money to him. The banks refused, saying they have been paying their taxes and doing CSR in the state. they even volunteered to increase their CRS spend in the state. But Oshokomole said whosait, they must pay him. that is the genesis of the wahala

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Closes Ecobanks And GTBanks In Ado-Ekiti by freshyabstel: 3:09pm On May 25, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Nothing stops him from inviting the management and compel them to pay or go through the courts to compel them to pay.

Listen, before such drastic actions would be taken, he surely would have done all that needed to be done. in leadership, there is what is called the carrot approach and the stick approach. I know Gov Fayose, he is a very nice man and same time, a no nonsense fellow.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Closes Ecobanks And GTBanks In Ado-Ekiti by Agriman(m): 3:10pm On May 25, 2016
Who remove my post?
Re: Fayose Closes Ecobanks And GTBanks In Ado-Ekiti by akinola1736(m): 3:12pm On May 25, 2016
The banks should speak, if it is tax it is o.k. because they don't need to be reminded. But if it's Fayose requesting from them that very, very bad. Some commercial giants in Nigeria that requires to pay tax should wake up to their responsibilities. angry
Re: Fayose Closes Ecobanks And GTBanks In Ado-Ekiti by anonimi: 3:14pm On May 25, 2016
Good move.
All our:

- 36 governors and
- 774 LGA chairmen

need to get more serious about TAXATION for those organisations and yeyebrities acting and forming big men with their:

- N500 billion mansion on Banana Iceland.
- N200 billion car
- N50 billion wrist watch
- etc, etc.
Re: Fayose Closes Ecobanks And GTBanks In Ado-Ekiti by jeje123(m): 3:14pm On May 25, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Nothing stops him from inviting the management and compel them to pay or go through the courts to compel them to pay.
I dont expect much from him. Tout!
Re: Fayose Closes Ecobanks And GTBanks In Ado-Ekiti by Sweetlemon(f): 3:14pm On May 25, 2016
drberry:
Why will such big banks wait to be served court papers before paying their taxes, but they didn't wait to be served court papers before debiting people's accounts. Mtcheew!!

This is very true and I won't argue that.

BUT if Buhari had done same won't you have called him a tyrant?
Re: Fayose Closes Ecobanks And GTBanks In Ado-Ekiti by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 25, 2016
MadCow1:
Mad people state
Your name tells exactly who you are.,.....enjoy your condition!
Re: Fayose Closes Ecobanks And GTBanks In Ado-Ekiti by DonatusAdorns(m): 3:15pm On May 25, 2016
Re: Fayose Closes Ecobanks And GTBanks In Ado-Ekiti by rhymestech: 3:18pm On May 25, 2016
He close banks and keep the Buka woman running her business. grin grin grin grin

This man is a comedian he will never keep beating my imagination why the people of Ekiti love the guy so much to be their leader.
Re: Fayose Closes Ecobanks And GTBanks In Ado-Ekiti by Gboliwe: 3:20pm On May 25, 2016
tmark1888:

Follw the Ekiti issue very well...it has nothing to do with tax. Fayose asked the banks to each contribute a special money to him. The banks refused, saying they have been paying their taxes and doing CSR in the state. they even volunteered to increase their CRS spend in the state. But Oshokomole said whosait, they must pay him. that is the genesis of the wahala

Source of this your tale please
Re: Fayose Closes Ecobanks And GTBanks In Ado-Ekiti by freeborn76(m): 3:22pm On May 25, 2016
This is what you get when indigenes vote a mad man as governor because of a kongo of rice and one packet of maggi
Re: Fayose Closes Ecobanks And GTBanks In Ado-Ekiti by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 25, 2016
MsFaith:
Abeg, make dem no try am o, that's the bank FG pays my alawee o.
......Kai haba !!! grin grin grin

Re: Fayose Closes Ecobanks And GTBanks In Ado-Ekiti by Samoo4christ(m): 3:31pm On May 25, 2016
Short of Words. I reserve my comment.
Re: Fayose Closes Ecobanks And GTBanks In Ado-Ekiti by blowjob: 3:35pm On May 25, 2016
NO FREE CASH AGAIN TO LOOT...BODY DEY HOT..BASKET MOUTH... grin grin grin...NOW PRIVATE COMPANIES GO FEEL DE HEAT... grin grin..RAM... grin grin...SAI BABA.
Re: Fayose Closes Ecobanks And GTBanks In Ado-Ekiti by AntiWailer: 3:36pm On May 25, 2016
Most of those branches are not profitable and are just there for brand presence.

Somebody need to lecture the tout before things go from worse to worst for Ekiti People.
Re: Fayose Closes Ecobanks And GTBanks In Ado-Ekiti by edebemba(m): 3:50pm On May 25, 2016
Mekus68:
Op, u no sabi take ordinary pix abi.
Are u a learner?
Are u showing us pix of the closed banks or pix of the road leading to the banks?
I wonder o. No pic of sealed banks.
Re: Fayose Closes Ecobanks And GTBanks In Ado-Ekiti by Profmuyis(f): 3:57pm On May 25, 2016
I can't blame him nor the bank. They shud just sit and settle in peacefully.
Re: Fayose Closes Ecobanks And GTBanks In Ado-Ekiti by Ejanla11(m): 4:13pm On May 25, 2016
does bank need any court paper before they pay taxes?
Re: Fayose Closes Ecobanks And GTBanks In Ado-Ekiti by GboyegaD(m): 4:15pm On May 25, 2016
moyinoluwabun:
pay which money to him? To his personal account or to state govt account? Which CSR has GTB done in ekiti? Please tell me one and we can pick up Fayose from dia

What CSR are you expecting? Do they need to build public infrastructures? You can't force a company to pay you any special duty or levy as the case may be.
Re: Fayose Closes Ecobanks And GTBanks In Ado-Ekiti by folks4luv(f): 4:20pm On May 25, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
so u mean govt should always take organizations to court before they pay tax?
Re: Fayose Closes Ecobanks And GTBanks In Ado-Ekiti by yusufbida(m): 4:20pm On May 25, 2016
moyinoluwabun:
pay which money to him? To his personal account or to state govt account? Which CSR has GTB done in ekiti? Please tell me one and we can pick up Fayose from dia

CSR

Cooperate Social Responsibility
Re: Fayose Closes Ecobanks And GTBanks In Ado-Ekiti by folks4luv(f): 4:23pm On May 25, 2016
freeborn76:
This is what you get when indigenes vote a mad man as governor because of a kongo of rice and one packet of maggi
so those that closed up Glo office in lag last week are mad too right? this is 21st century, can u please think before u talk?
Re: Fayose Closes Ecobanks And GTBanks In Ado-Ekiti by lionlee216(m): 4:29pm On May 25, 2016
frisky2good:
How can a governor ask banks to pay him money? Una no dey fear God fa!

The guy told you the truth. Fayose demanded money from them and they refused to, hence the wahala

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Niger Delta Avengers Meet Kachikwu At Delta State Government House(pics) / Captain Gidado Killed By Boko Haram Buried At Military Cemetery,Maiduguri(Pics) / Alao-akala, Folarin, Adigun, Arapaja, Officially Join APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.