Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,401 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Are There Still Governors In These States? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are There Still Governors In These States? (4249 Views)

Buhari’s Photo With APC Governors In London Is Old And Fake – FFK / President Buhari Meets With Ministers And Governors In Aso Rock (Photos) / Ten Most Popular Governors In Nigeria 2016 - T.I.N Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by Bibors(m): 4:49pm On May 25, 2016
mtchris:
@OP... Abeg comot Enugu from that list. Come to Nsukka and see things for yourself. Most our governor make noise before you know he's working?
Sharaap. Is Nssuka the only province in the entire Enugu state? Nepotism, marginalization, embezzlement, misappropriation...... Make I remember another name dem dey call am- defraudulument.

Sectionalism isn't governance.
Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 25, 2016
hysteriabox:

i dint say he was granted d leave. D house refused and instead gave him 3 weeks. As we speak, his deputy is d one running things. Wetin concine me with spreading lies. U can inquire. No be everybody dey 'unfear' God around here
when d news leaked in d city, he came under serious heat. APC had to do damage control by denying it and urging him to quickly come back( he was away for like 2 weeks at d time). Please enquire ko b4 calling ppl liars
plus...its democracy not military rule nor monarchy. Y should he fear being taken down when he travels
Apologies if u feel insulted, though i never meant it that way, it was a gesture to show how surprised i was by ur claim...And for what i said that he's not coming back to that seat is a fact, in his 6months absence the deputy would effectively be in charge of the state and can easily manipulate the legislature by financial inducement to impeach the governor....Baba Na Nigeria we dy....
Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by mentorken05(m): 6:33pm On May 25, 2016
I am very disappointed in Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi(enugu state) and even more ashamed because he is from my place.
The guy is too weak to be a leader
Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by Nobody: 6:43pm On May 25, 2016
mentorken05:
I am very disappointed in Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi(enugu state) and even more ashamed because he is from my place.
The guy is too weak to be a leader
is he a 2nd term governor?

I just wonder what happened to Oyo state governor, Ajimobi. Since he won a second term, he has been silent with nothing to show. If not that I know of some good roads he constructed in the first tenure, I would have written him off as non-existing.

1 Like

Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by mentorken05(m): 7:00pm On May 25, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
is he a 2nd term governor?

I just wonder what happened to Oyo state governor, Ajimobi. Since he won a second term, he has been silent with nothing to show. If not that I know of some good roads he constructed in the first tenure, I would have written him off as non-existing.
he isn't ooo...he is weak politically like GEJ...
Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 25, 2016
dahvi:

I tell you,the state lacks good governance
exactly Efcc is afraid of probing Delta state
Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by tonytony208(m): 7:20pm On May 25, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
Gov Rauf Aregbesola has been heavily criticised concerning payment of workers salary in recent times, but that seem to be the only criticism I hear about him. These days, I still see news of him commissioning projects in Osun state.

Gov Ayodele Fayose seems to be the most vocal of all governors in Nigeria. Though I haven't seen a project commissioned by him other than a borehole and streetlights, he still makes Nigerians remember Ekiti state.

There are some governors who make it seem like their states aren't governed by anybody at all. I hardly hear news of any sort from their states. Could it be that we don't hear from them cos there is nothing in terms of development to show? Below are some of them.

Ebonyi
Oyo
Delta
Enugu
Jigawa
Benue
Sokoto

etc

These are projects commissioned by fayose:

http://ekitistate.gov.ng/2016/04/fayose-commission-projects-as-arc-darius-ishaku-and-wife-gives-thanks-to-god/
Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by menstrualpad: 7:40pm On May 25, 2016
The former governor of Jigawa before Lamido did worse.... he only VISITED the State Capital...scattered the ministries to avoid conspiracy....the only real governor that State had is Lamido.

olatunji21:

Baba Fear God...A sitting Governor applied for 6Months leave(One hundred and eighty days)....And u think he will ever come back to that sit for this Nigeria....Impossible is an understatement sir...
Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by lereinter(m): 9:15pm On May 25, 2016
Oyo state

The man there has turned himself to a Demi

God
He has no commissioners

He is owning the workers five months

All in the of been the first gov to win a second term in office
Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by StepTwo: 9:16pm On May 25, 2016
cindybella101:
Remove Ebonyi from the list

The governor there is working just that he has poor media exposure

In Enugu the governor there is just an overfed potbellied man that knows nothing about governance apart from putting billboard containing his pictures all around Enugu.

Benue state Governor (ortom) just rode on the influence of APC to become a governor, his only achievement since he became governor is going to China to celebrate his birthday. This Benue state might be a failed state unless its divided into two or at most three states so that dividends of democracy can reach all the people of the state. The only developed place there is makurdi and when I mean makurdi I mean only the government house.

Can't say about other states though

What about states like kebbi, jigawa, bauchi, katstina e.t.c we don't really hear much about them.

lol!

u sure say u knw benue govt house so?

you for call the food basket round about na, na d only developed place for Benue bdat.
Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by hysteriabox(m): 10:25pm On May 25, 2016
olatunji21:

Apologies if u feel insulted, though i never meant it that way, it was a gesture to show how surprised i was by ur claim...And for what i said that he's not coming back to that seat is a fact, in his 6months absence the deputy would effectively be in charge of the state and can easily manipulate the legislature by financial inducement to impeach the governor....Baba Na Nigeria we dy....
k.., no hard feelings. I catch ur drift sha. D truth is he practically isnt running d state, his deputy is. So far, news of 'intended' projects are all located where d deputy hails from. So i guess ur right. His seat isnt safe since he is always in china

1 Like

Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by WIZGUY69(m): 10:38pm On May 25, 2016
AntidaftMOD:

Babe, what's up? I love your @dp. .I'm sure Caseless, Omenka and TonyeBarcanista would love it as well. smiley cool

Me too grin cheesy
Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by AntidaftMOD: 10:53pm On May 25, 2016
WIZGUY69:

Me too grin cheesy
Awosha cheesy grin
Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by Caseless: 12:04am On May 26, 2016
AntidaftMOD:

Oga boss, ah dey ooo
what happened to the other account?
Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by AntidaftMOD: 12:12am On May 26, 2016
Caseless:
what happened to the other account?

As usual. .Banned!!
Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by Caseless: 12:19am On May 26, 2016
AntidaftMOD:

As usual. .Banned!!
admit . I see am for ur id . The mods no get joy.
Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by AntidaftMOD: 12:35am On May 26, 2016
Caseless:
admit . I see am for ur id . The mods no get joy.

Lol. . .It's even long I've been using this id. .During the time of Sexkillz. . cheesy
Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by Caseless: 12:40am On May 26, 2016
AntidaftMOD:

Lol. . .It's even long I've been using this id. .During the time of Sexkillz. . cheesy
wow ! It's been long. Sexkillz , that guy that year.
Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by AntidaftMOD: 12:43am On May 26, 2016
Caseless:
wow ! It's been long. Sexkillz , that guy that year.

Lol. . .The guy nor be here o

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can The South East Contain All Igbos? / Kano-Pics of Sen Kwankwaso On His Way To Bichi Lga For PDP Governorship Campaign / Breaking: Foreign Firm Hired By Atiku Campaign Predicts Loss For Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.