Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Once Upon Nigeria, A Prospering People Asked For Change - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Once Upon Nigeria, A Prospering People Asked For Change (1018 Views)

Youth Alliance for Change Berates Remi Tinubu / Nigerians Voted For Change, Now Suffer And Stop Complaining- Fasheun / Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Once Upon Nigeria, A Prospering People Asked For Change by Lordtrillion(m): 2:19pm On May 25, 2016
Just found this article, quite long but interesting. Read & share your insight

There was a young business woman, whom we will call Jessie, who had a thriving buying and selling business which had been yielding fantastic profits for years. She would travel to Dubai, America, Paris to buy goods and would sell and make eye-popping profits back home in Nigeria. She was rich. But she wanted more. She wanted change. So she prayed and prayed for change, telling God that she wanted her business to grow more under a new government. She prayed and added change to her prayers. And God shrugged and accepted her request.

And God gave her Buhari.

There was a young banker, who we will call Momah, who had a good job in a bank and as a financial worker, could see the growth patterns of the economy and the daily volume of cash flow in his branch. He had a wife, could provide for his family, summer holidays for years with his family abroad and he even ran some private businesses on the side. But he felt it could be better. He wanted more. He wanted change. And he prayed and wished and screamed for change, screaming to the high heavens for change. And God heard, shrugged and accepted his request.

And God gave him Buhari.

There was a bureau de change operator, we will call him Haruna. He ran a successful forex business and also had a chain of private stores in his region. As the Nigerian economy grew all through the years, he saw his business grow as well. But he was restless. He felt someone else could do it better for the nation. Someone closer to him by spiritual beliefs, regionalism, and personal ideologies. So he prayed to Allah for change. He prayed more than five times a day. And Allah shrugged and gave him his request.

And Allah gave him Buhari.

There was a people in a country, who experienced prosperity in their lives for over a decade. They watched the economy grow, their industries yield outputs, their pockets filled or sometimes half full with money. The country wasn’t perfect but it had promise. Things may not have been where it should have been but things were certainly not as bad as thought. But a section of the people became consumed by the Israelites-in-the-wilderness complex. And they prayed for change. They prayed and prayed louder than the other section which mumbled supplications. And God shrugged and gave them their request.

And God gave them Buhari.

And now, in God’s sanctuary, as He watches whose prayers will be answered between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, God hears the loud cries of pain, suffering, death and malady coming up to the heavens.

‘Where is that din coming from?’ God asks Archangel Gabriel.

‘From Nigeria, Heavenly Father’ Archangel Gabriel replies with a bow.

‘Didn’t I give them what they cried for last year? Didn’t I answer Joanna’s prayers? And the prayers of Momah and Haruna and the people who cried for change?’ God asks as some Cherubims strum gently on their harps.

Archangel Gabriel replies as he reads from a scroll, ‘ Yes, Heavenly Father. But Joanna has lost everything. No one buys anything from her anymore. Her business is zero. She’s broke. She’s the person wailing in that sing-song right now. Momah was sacked by his bank in June 2015. He can’t even pay his children’s school fees and his business is at low levels. Haruna can’t get dollars or foreign exchange to run his business anymore and is gnashing his teeth. The people who cried for change amongst those who didn’t want it, have suddenly realised that what they prayed for is the same as snakes and scorpions. The stubborn ones amongst them still openly scream that they don’t regret that they asked for this change but in the privacy of their homes, they roll on the floor like Dino Melaye and curse the day they picked their permanent voters cards to vote for change. Many who voted for this change openly have been repenting of their mistakes and openly apologising. Those who didn’t vote for it have just been shaking their heads and hissing. It’s a mess, Heavenly Father’

‘And what do they want again this time?’ God asks in amusement.

‘It’s a Babel of voices, Heavenly Father’ replies Archangel Gabriel. ‘Those in charge of this change seem to have tongues of lies and confusion. They say one thing today and run back to change it the next minute. Even Lucifer is grumbling at the other side that some of those people in Nigeria are threatening his job!’

God laughs and laughs at this.

Gabriel continues, ‘Those who the change movement removed from Power are starting a new mantra which they call ‘change the change’. There is just chaos in that land. Now, both the change people and the other side of the divide are just praying’

God smiles. ‘ Let me attend to the American elections first. After that, I will get back to Nigeria. By the way, who’s this Lai Lai fellow I keep hearing people scream about from there?

Gabriel looks through his scroll. ‘ Heavenly Father, Lucifer would best have an answer to that question!’ grin grin

© http://afroprofile.com/?p=113261

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once Upon Nigeria, A Prospering People Asked For Change by ZKOSOSO(m): 2:52pm On May 25, 2016
What a malady!!

Thank God I stood with my GEJ!!

All my APC Guys are crying and cursing daily!

Islamization and Fulanization in full gear!!

Tinubu how market

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once Upon Nigeria, A Prospering People Asked For Change by GEJPosterity: 3:06pm On May 25, 2016
How I hate hearing people complain abut Muhammadu Buhari.

Please we should all just shut up and swallow it.

No one forced us to vote for the most transparent group of liars and egomaniacs in this country's history.

Jonathan was there, and we all screamed "impale him!"

So please let's just accept Buhari for what he is and be quiet.

No one forced us to shoot ourselves in the foot. When we thought it was Goodluck Jonathan we were punishing, we knew what the consequences of visionless, emotion-driven actions could be.

So please be quiet Nigeria.

I hope Buhari rules you people for another 17 years. We'll see whether it's you or Jonathan that will suffer it.

Silly people who always manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once Upon Nigeria, A Prospering People Asked For Change by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 25, 2016
Lmao lets just be patient
Re: Once Upon Nigeria, A Prospering People Asked For Change by Ucheosefoh(m): 3:10pm On May 25, 2016
What we have now are APC with lies and propagandas

1 Like

Re: Once Upon Nigeria, A Prospering People Asked For Change by plaetton: 3:22pm On May 25, 2016
GEJPosterity:
How I hate hearing people complain abut Muhammadu Buhari.

Please we should all just shut up and swallow it.

No one forced us to vote for the most transparent group of liars and egomaniacs in this country's history.

Jonathan was there, and we all screamed "impale him!"

So please let's just accept Buhari for what he is and be quiet.

No one forced us to shoot ourselves in the foot. When we thought it was Goodluck Jonathan we were punishing, we knew what the consequences of visionless, emotion-driven actions could be.

So please be quiet Nigeria.

I hope Buhari rules you people for another 17 years. We'll see whether it's you or Jonathan that will suffer it.

Silly people who always manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

What an irony, a sad one indeed.

Jonathan is traveling all over the world and receiving much deserved honour, while in Nigeria, the Changers are running around in confusion and the people wallowing in pain and misery.

Already, our democracy is slowly dying.
With his Gestapo intimidating and throwing opposition members in jail without charges every day, we are creeping to a one party FASCISM.

How, with korokoro eyes, we were bewitched to vote in a cow herder, a bad one at that, as president of this great Nation, a nation that gives the world the best in almost every field of human endeavor, has to be the biggest mystery of all time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once Upon Nigeria, A Prospering People Asked For Change by amaechi1: 3:32pm On May 25, 2016
Was Nigeria actually better of with GEJ, when compared with what we earn as a nation? A president that supervised the most corrupt and looting regime should be ashamed of himself.

Please, tell your story to the gods

1 Like

Re: Once Upon Nigeria, A Prospering People Asked For Change by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 25, 2016
plaetton:

What an irony, a sad one indeed.

Jonathan is traveling all over the world and receiving much deserved honour, while in Nigeria, the Changers are running around in confusion and the people wallowing in pain and misery.

Already, our democracy is slowly dying.
With his Gestapo intimidating and throwing opposition members in jail without charges every day, we are creeping to a one party FASCISM.

How, with korokoro eyes, we were bewitched to vote in a cow herder, a bad one at that, as president of this great Nation, a nation that gives the world the best in almost every field of human endeavor, has to be the biggest mystery of all time.

my brother, Nigerians were not bewitched to vote the 'cow herder'. Those that voted him knew his antecedents but they were blinded by hate and envy. They used their media to run down his govt. Now, the Law of Karma must run its full course. Those who sowed envy and hate can never reap Love and those who promoted violence because of power will never have Peace. That is the Law of Natural Justice also called Karma. Am watching in 3-D.

3 Likes

Re: Once Upon Nigeria, A Prospering People Asked For Change by mikolo80: 4:00pm On May 25, 2016
Lordtrillion:

There was a young business woman, whom we will call Jessie, who had a thriving buying and selling business which had been yielding fantastic profits for years. She would travel to Dubai, America, Paris to buy goods and would sell and make eye-popping profits back home in Nigeria. She was rich. But she wanted more. She wanted change. So she prayed and prayed for change, telling God that she wanted her business to grow more under a new government. She prayed and added change to her prayers. And God shrugged and accepted her request.

And God gave her Buhari.

There was a young banker, who we will call Momah, who had a good job in a bank and as a financial worker, could see the growth patterns of the economy and the daily volume of cash flow in his branch. He had a wife, could provide for his family, summer holidays for years with his family abroad and he even ran some private businesses on the side. But he felt it could be better. He wanted more. He wanted change. And he prayed and wished and screamed for change, screaming to the high heavens for change. And God heard, shrugged and accepted his request.

And God gave him Buhari.

There was a bureau de change operator, we will call him Haruna. He ran a successful forex business and also had a chain of private stores in his region. As the Nigerian economy grew all through the years, he saw his business grow as well. But he was restless. He felt someone else could do it better for the nation. Someone closer to him by spiritual beliefs, regionalism, and personal ideologies. So he prayed to Allah for change. He prayed more than five times a day. And Allah shrugged and gave him his request.

And Allah gave him Buhari.

There was a people in a country, who experienced prosperity in their lives for over a decade. They watched the economy grow, their industries yield outputs, their pockets filled or sometimes half full with money. The country wasn’t perfect but it had promise. Things may not have been where it should have been but things were certainly not as bad as thought. But a section of the people became consumed by the Israelites-in-the-wilderness complex. And they prayed for change. They prayed and prayed louder than the other section which mumbled supplications. And God shrugged and gave them their request.

And God gave them Buhari.

And now, in God’s sanctuary, as He watches whose prayers will be answered between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, God hears the loud cries of pain, suffering, death and malady coming up to the heavens.

‘Where is that din coming from?’ God asks Archangel Gabriel.

‘From Nigeria, Heavenly Father’ Archangel Gabriel replies with a bow.

‘Didn’t I give them what they cried for last year? Didn’t I answer Joanna’s prayers? And the prayers of Momah and Haruna and the people who cried for change?’ God asks as some Cherubims strum gently on their harps.

Archangel Gabriel replies as he reads from a scroll, ‘ Yes, Heavenly Father. But Joanna has lost everything. No one buys anything from her anymore. Her business is zero. She’s broke. She’s the person wailing in that sing-song right now. Momah was sacked by his bank in June 2015. He can’t even pay his children’s school fees and his business is at low levels. Haruna can’t get dollars or foreign exchange to run his business anymore and is gnashing his teeth. The people who cried for change amongst those who didn’t want it, have suddenly realised that what they prayed for is the same as snakes and scorpions. The stubborn ones amongst them still openly scream that they don’t regret that they asked for this change but in the privacy of their homes, they roll on the floor like Dino Melaye and curse the day they picked their permanent voters cards to vote for change. Many who voted for this change openly have been repenting of their mistakes and openly apologising. Those who didn’t vote for it have just been shaking their heads and hissing. It’s a mess, Heavenly Father’

‘And what do they want again this time?’ God asks in amusement.

‘It’s a Babel of voices, Heavenly Father’ replies Archangel Gabriel. ‘Those in charge of this change seem to have tongues of lies and confusion. They say one thing today and run back to change it the next minute. Even Lucifer is grumbling at the other side that some of those people in Nigeria are threatening his job!’

God laughs and laughs at this.

Gabriel continues, ‘Those who the change movement removed from Power are starting a new mantra which they call ‘change the change’. There is just chaos in that land. Now, both the change people and the other side of the divide are just praying’

God smiles. ‘ Let me attend to the American elections first. After that, I will get back to Nigeria. By the way, who’s this Lai Lai fellow I keep hearing people scream about from there?

Gabriel looks through his scroll. ‘ Heavenly Father, Lucifer would best have an answer to that question!’ grin grin

© http://afroprofile.com/?p=113261
you follow thief the moni ba.
don worry efcc coming for you thieves.
i no see the prosperity o.
na only una yam eaters enjoy am o.
may you choke on the loot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Once Upon Nigeria, A Prospering People Asked For Change by favouredseed(f): 4:13pm On May 25, 2016
Even the goats are angry grin

Re: Once Upon Nigeria, A Prospering People Asked For Change by kernel501: 4:19pm On May 25, 2016
amaechi1:
Was Nigeria actually better of with GEJ, when compared with what we earn as a nation? A president that supervised the most corrupt and looting regime should be ashamed of himself.

Please, tell your story to the gods

What was the state of our economy when Obj took over? Nigeria was servicing her debt with a little half above our budget, he turned things around. Whats Buhari's plan?
Obama took a recessed American, today they are better off.

1 Like

Re: Once Upon Nigeria, A Prospering People Asked For Change by Lordtrillion(m): 7:22pm On May 25, 2016
mikolo80:
you follow thief the moni ba.
don worry efcc coming for you thieves.
i no see the prosperity o.
na only una yam eaters enjoy am o.
may you choke on the loot
Lol, For your mind bah tongue tongue
Re: Once Upon Nigeria, A Prospering People Asked For Change by mikolo80: 9:53pm On May 25, 2016
Lordtrillion:

Lol, For your mind bah tongue tongue
yet to fail me. all tat I will, comes to pass

(1) (Reply)

Guess Where These People Come From / God Is Good!See New Pics Of Baby Musa Who Was Brutalized By Her Stepmum In Kano / There Is No PDP In Edo State – Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.