Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer (38622 Views)

Buhari Smiles As He Shakes Makarfi, Olisa Metuh, Others / Olisah Metuh Offers To Return N400m, Pledges Support For Anti-Corruption War- SR / Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer by Armstrong34(m): 8:06pm On May 25, 2016

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer by larion: 8:06pm On May 25, 2016
When will Saraki return the money he has stolen?

3 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 25, 2016
Efcc nd buhari are bastards

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 25, 2016
Imagine if someone just credit my account with 400 million naira now. So Metuh credited with 400 million naira and acted like nothing happened. Barawo grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer by modath(f): 8:09pm On May 25, 2016
EazyMoh:
That's my kinda news!
Cc: mo

Mine too!!

Nurse has ran from pillar to post, na brick wall e dey jam everywhere.... he knows there is no option but to just pay up.

He should pay with penalty cos when he received, naira had more value.

8 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer by Akmarshal(m): 8:11pm On May 25, 2016
[quote author=masterpiece86 post=45964215]– The lawyer to the former national publicity secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Olisa Metuh has said that his client is willing to return N400 million to the federal government

– The lawyer said Metuh has established sufficient evidence that he was not aware of the source of the money made available to him (Metuh) by the former president, Goodluck Jonathan

A counsel to the embattled former national publicity secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Olisa Metuh has said his client is willing to return the N400 million he (Metuh) allegedly received illegally from the national security adviser, Sambo Dasuki.

Speaking to journalists in court today, May 25, Metuh’s lawyer, Onyechi Ikpeazu said that since his client have shown sufficient evidence that he (Metuh) did not know the source of N400 million transferred to his company account by Dasuki, he is willing to refund the said amount.

“Chief Metuh had shown sufficient evidence that he was not aware of the source of the N400 million made available to him by the former President and he has shown his willingness, since the commencement of this matter, to refund the said sum even when there is no guilt knowledge (mens rea),” Ikpeazu said.

Crayfish don dey bend!

4 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer by kadree(m): 8:12pm On May 25, 2016
Gradually, our once depleted yam barn is gein closer to the sky. E don dey tall small small.

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer by Nobody: 8:18pm On May 25, 2016
How does this affect the price of tomatoes? Ehn lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:19pm On May 25, 2016
Hahaha

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer by deife(m): 8:19pm On May 25, 2016
dustmalik:

He is not a wailer. Try to recognize sarcasm when you see one.

Exactly my thought.

5 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer by goldeno10boy: 8:19pm On May 25, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
this is still a witch hunt. EFCC needs to prove how the money got into his account. Buhari hates metuh very much. Metuh is not a thief. The money just entered his account. Buhari hates the 5%
M*M*
Re: Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer by Coldfeets: 8:20pm On May 25, 2016
I'm not interested in who returns or doesn't return the loot.

I'm more interested in who goes or doesn't go to prison afterwards.

Lessons must be learnt

Stealing is corruption

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer by ruffDiamond: 8:20pm On May 25, 2016
mrvitalis:
thought it was a witchhunt?? ?

Yeye dey smell

If Buhari agree eh, na me and him
I swear !armed robber! He wan run away !

2 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer by Abuja2013: 8:22pm On May 25, 2016
Good for him. All the idiots who collected illegal money should honourably return the monies before it is too late.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer by yankison(m): 8:23pm On May 25, 2016
masterpiece86:
– The lawyer to the former national publicity secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Olisa Metuh has said that his client is willing to return N400 million to the federal government

– The lawyer said Metuh has established sufficient evidence that he was not aware of the source of the money made available to him (Metuh) by the former president, Goodluck Jonathan

A counsel to the embattled former national publicity secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Olisa Metuh has said his client is willing to return the N400 million he (Metuh) allegedly received illegally from the national security adviser, Sambo Dasuki.

Speaking to journalists in court today, May 25, Metuh’s lawyer, Onyechi Ikpeazu said that since his client have shown sufficient evidence that he (Metuh) did not know the source of N400 million transferred to his company account by Dasuki, he is willing to refund the said amount.

“Chief Metuh had shown sufficient evidence that he was not aware of the source of the N400 million made available to him by the former President and he has shown his willingness, since the commencement of this matter, to refund the said sum even when there is no guilt knowledge (mens rea),” Ikpeazu said.

Ikpeazu also said that having lost an application made at the Appeal Court, his client has the right to go ahead to the Supreme Court to seek justice.

“There are issues in the Appeal Court ruling the defence team is not comfortable with, after due consultation with our client, he will instruct us on the next action. The client has the right of appeal all the way to the Supreme Court,” he added.

Metuh’s appeal on the Federal High Court’s ruling against his no case submission was today upheld by the Appeal Court.

Also speaking on the dismissal of Metuh’s application to travel abroad for a spinal cord treatment, Ikpeazu said it is pertinent to note that his client’s health is paramount.

“What is important to us for now is the health situation of the defendant whose situation has continued to deteriorate. Even the constitution recognizes the fact that an accused should be alive and fit to face trial and defend himself,” he said.

Metuh has been under admission at the National Hospital in Abuja since Monday, May 23,  following his ailing health condition.

He had earlier applied for the court to release his passport and grant him the permission to travel abroad for a spinal cord treatment.

But the trial judge in his matter, Justice Abang said his court lacked the jurisdiction to hear Metuh’s application for the release of his passport and as such cannot decide on his application to travel abroad for treatment.

Abang based his ruling on the grounds that the court having made pronouncements cannot go back on its own order.

The judge also said that Metuh failed to give evidence that no teaching hospital in Abuja can handle his health issue.

https://www.naij.com/840902-lawyer-reveals-metuh-wants-return-n400-m-fg.html?source=index_main

why must he be flown abroad for treatment after all they are the government that is suppose to establish an up to date hospital in nigeria so why cant he go to anyone of this so called hospitals and get treated.... Inge are no fools.. sit your corrupt ass down here and get well be a a prison teem still await you after returning the stolen fund.

4 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer by ogundeleai(m): 8:24pm On May 25, 2016
Pls return b4 Friday so that it can be added to amount recovered and slated to be announce by may 29. 'Omode kode bi eru, leru kooba'. It's like a dream that in Nigeria that illegally amase wealth voluntarily return under the leadership of no nonsense president. GOD BE WITH # BUHARI

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer by Deadlytruth(m): 8:24pm On May 25, 2016
BossKratos:
undecided

After this 1 sef go stand up when school leavers dey yarn!

Bloody otondo!
You missed his sarcasm.

4 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer by ruffDiamond: 8:26pm On May 25, 2016
larion:
When will Saraki return the money he has stolen?
my guy na that sarathief matter I dey follow o the foot dragging is getting damn too much na

2 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer by bettercreature(m): 8:26pm On May 25, 2016
niggaz4life:
cheesy the fire was too hot for metuh lolzzzz
You can imagine,after all the suffering
I can recall he said he wont return a cent during his first interrogation

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer by Goke7: 8:27pm On May 25, 2016
Metuh no sick again? Abi wetin be this,

E be like say e don well after justice abang do am strong thing

3 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer by Deadlytruth(m): 8:28pm On May 25, 2016
dustmalik:

He is not a wailer. Try to recognize sarcasm when you see one.

I wonder how they all just missed the sarcasm.
The statement "the money just entered his account" is the clearest indication that he was only using a literary device.

8 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer by BossKratos: 8:28pm On May 25, 2016
angry Uh oh?
Re: Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer by Anowax(m): 8:28pm On May 25, 2016
BossKratos:
undecided

After this 1 sef go stand up when school leavers dey yarn!

Bloody otondo!
You, my brother, are the bigger Otondo for missing the sarcasm therein in the comment

4 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer by Jdesilentkiller(m): 8:29pm On May 25, 2016
Wake me up when the lawyer add the corresponding interest with regard to current exchange rate. Yes!!, I am that wicked.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer by Etern: 8:29pm On May 25, 2016
I thought he was being smart. The money belongs to the Nigerian people. If one buys a stolen vehicle and claims ignorance. Ignorance is not an excuse in the eyes of the law.

2 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer by goldeno10boy: 8:30pm On May 25, 2016
sage50:
Efcc nd buhari are bastards
wailer
keep wailing no body give a sh*t
you can co jump into lagoon

8 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer by BossKratos: 8:30pm On May 25, 2016
grin
Deadlytruth:

You missed his sarcasm.

You missed my diss! He is a lot of things and "sarcastic" is not 1 of them! Get familiar!
Re: Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer by NovusHomo(m): 8:32pm On May 25, 2016
masterpiece86:
After all the initial Bragado... Metuh don see fire he want to finally accept and admit he ate our yam

#shameless Politicians

One By One Dey Don Dey confess

Next will be Pastor FFK, and then the Bastard, and on, and on. Awon akotileta, omo ale jati jati. : embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer by BossKratos: 8:33pm On May 25, 2016
Anowax:
You, my brother, are the bigger Otondo for missing the sarcasm therein in the comment

Sharrap dia! And don't try to join issues with your superiors using your grain of salt sized IQ! Now kindly park well!

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer by OlujobaSamuel: 8:36pm On May 25, 2016
am happy that we will definitely have double digits big wigs in our prisons this tenure.
Re: Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer by viscocom(m): 8:38pm On May 25, 2016
nice move

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

J. Martins Begs Jonathan For Forgiveness: No Freedom Of Speech, Corruption Worse / Nnamdi Kanu: Legal Team Storms DSS Headquarters Today / How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.