Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,701 members, 7,837,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

House Of Reps Halts Privatization Of Refineries By NNPC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Of Reps Halts Privatization Of Refineries By NNPC (10202 Views)

FG Approves Privatization Of Afam Power Plant / List Of Firms Approved By NNPC To Lift Nigerian Crude For 2017/18 / NUT Protests In Oyo Against Privatization Of Schools – Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Of Reps Halts Privatization Of Refineries By NNPC by tsdarkside(m): 8:07am On May 26, 2016
pahh...i dont understand why anybody in his or her right mind would want to privatise something sooo important as the oil sector...

you people have too much trust in this mad world...

hello:::
newsflash:::

we are at the endtimes....things are not going to get better,only worser in this world...

no matter were you are in the world....
Re: House Of Reps Halts Privatization Of Refineries By NNPC by tsdarkside(m): 8:16am On May 26, 2016
KillerFrost:
what is this one saying?

dont mind am...na so dem be...they suffering from paranoia...
Re: House Of Reps Halts Privatization Of Refineries By NNPC by tsdarkside(m): 8:19am On May 26, 2016
KINGwax007:
Blow them up instead!!!

angry

grin grin grin...if you like trouble,hang around nijerians...hilarious... grin grin grin
Re: House Of Reps Halts Privatization Of Refineries By NNPC by sanandreas(m): 8:23am On May 26, 2016
mrvitalis:

What is the cost of refineries $4bn upwards and what's our capital budget please??

Bro talk with fact

And Nigeria cannot afford 4 billion dollars? You are kidding me. The IOCS operating in Nigeria have refineries all over the world. Have the government thought it wise to have private partnership with them.
Re: House Of Reps Halts Privatization Of Refineries By NNPC by tsdarkside(m): 8:23am On May 26, 2016
mrvitalis:
Nigerians saying government should build new refineries make me laugh
Do u think the money is there and they won't??
How much is our budget (capital)
The economic ignorance in this country make the people a nightmare to the government in power and tool in the hand of opposition
I will give u 15000MW they won't ask with which money, how will it be founded
The problem with Nigeria is lack of founds and the only way we can get the founds is effective taxing
VAT is too poor at 5%.. . 15% minimum
The rich should be taxed, buy a luxury car and pay 50% tax of the value of the car, private university should be taxed 40% of there fees, religious centers, 40% of there revenue
People travelling for pilgrimage should pay 100% tax of the total expenditure
With this and many more we can raise 20 trillion a year and everything will be well

dont mind dem...they dont understand how much this things cost....silly..
Re: House Of Reps Halts Privatization Of Refineries By NNPC by mrvitalis(m): 8:27am On May 26, 2016
sanandreas:

And Nigeria cannot afford 4 billion dollars? You are kidding me. The IOCS operating in Nigeria have refineries all over the world. Have the government thought it wise to have private partnership with them.
When government controls the price?? ?
Would u invest in such a climate?? That's y I support deregulation
Re: House Of Reps Halts Privatization Of Refineries By NNPC by tsdarkside(m): 8:28am On May 26, 2016
ehinja:

Nothing works because those who are suppose to make sure it does are all about their selfish interest.

A nation with leaders without national pride and honor.

We are indeed in serious trouble.

that is our problem...we dont have national pride anymore...this is dangerous...our top leaders have already planned their futures of them and their children abroad...nijeria is only a milk-cow for dem...
Re: House Of Reps Halts Privatization Of Refineries By NNPC by sanandreas(m): 8:31am On May 26, 2016
mrvitalis:

When government controls the price?? ?
Would u invest in such a climate?? That's y I support deregulation

But the government is still fixing price after deregulation.
Re: House Of Reps Halts Privatization Of Refineries By NNPC by dazzy4real(m): 8:32am On May 26, 2016
why privatized refineries when subsidy has been removed so what will the money gotten from subsidy be used for?

#smellinggovernment
Re: House Of Reps Halts Privatization Of Refineries By NNPC by prstge007: 8:50am On May 26, 2016
mrvitalis:
The economic ignorance in this country make the people a nightmare to the government in power and tool in the hand of opposition
The problem with Nigeria is lack of founds and the only way we can get the founds is effective taxing
The rich should be taxed, buy a luxury car and pay 50% tax of the value of the car, private university should be taxed 40% of there fees, religious centers, 40% of there revenue
With this and many more we can raise 20 trillion a year and everything will be well
we will get there, hunger sometimes they show man ways to manage pocket. until this country improves on revenue collection and management. Once the rich and lawmakers show pity on poor masses thats when i will say we are ready for serious factory reset
Re: House Of Reps Halts Privatization Of Refineries By NNPC by Haben1: 8:57am On May 26, 2016
mrvitalis:
I don't like quoting here, I just read and go, but boss, you are wise oooooO, are you not in Nigeria? or did you think the poor have machine at home that print money? gush!!! dollar av rise, no tomato fruit, for the past 4days in Tanke here in ilorin NO light ( they will on and off it back to tell you the light is working b4 u plug ur phone they've taking it back ) iis that a life? this hell, don't you know for private school their school fees gonna Rise? think before you take a step not to hurt people
Re: House Of Reps Halts Privatization Of Refineries By NNPC by billyG(m): 9:16am On May 26, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
From Kemi Yesufu, Abuja

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/reps-halt-sale-of-refineries/

Let them privatise this 30yrs old refineries,let us see if it will not work none stop.NASS are ENEMY of progress. lipsrsealed angry angry
Re: House Of Reps Halts Privatization Of Refineries By NNPC by sulakishop(m): 9:18am On May 26, 2016
TOO MANY COCKROACH BRAINED MISINFORMED YOUTHS EVERYWHERE THESE DAYS....
RECEIVE SENSE!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

orunto27:
It is becoming Islamization!!!!
Re: House Of Reps Halts Privatization Of Refineries By NNPC by billyG(m): 9:22am On May 26, 2016
mrvitalis:
I agree with u but 15% VAT is too much.
Re: House Of Reps Halts Privatization Of Refineries By NNPC by deebsman1(m): 9:43am On May 26, 2016
u grab what's actually doing those reps. Come to think of it, according to the article itself the Ag. DG BPE was event present at the said presentation, which simply means the process is being done in conjunction with BPE

MadCow1:
Those House of Rep's fhucker are about to fhuck up the privatisation deal like the fhucked up the Electricity privatisation deal.. angry

Selfish interests will kill those legislative bastards.. angry

Re: House Of Reps Halts Privatization Of Refineries By NNPC by Infinitikoncept(m): 9:47am On May 26, 2016
When I dey tell people that deregulation of the downstream oil sector without the refineries in place is a big fraud dem think say na joke. U expect naija politicians to force price of PMS down by mere competition when they can sit down together and determine the price in unison. I'm waiting to see the effect when crude oil price per barrel increase to $100 again
Re: House Of Reps Halts Privatization Of Refineries By NNPC by segunpee: 11:36am On May 26, 2016
mrvitalis:

Do you realize what it is ur proposing? 15% VAT nt even 10%. Am sure u hv nt considered what dt will do to d general level of price in d country. While its imperative to increase tax on some luxury goods d % ur suggestion is jaw-dropping. All these have their biting effect in d end particularly d 1 on traveling, private uni, etc.
Re: House Of Reps Halts Privatization Of Refineries By NNPC by jtwest(m): 12:31pm On May 26, 2016
Naija and drama
Re: House Of Reps Halts Privatization Of Refineries By NNPC by orunto27: 2:17pm On May 26, 2016
This is an AK47 attack on our collective phyches. It is a high level fraud. Who authorised the privatisation? Some people are just too ready to rape Nigeria, corrupt Nigerians and liquidate Nigeria anytime anyhow. This is even more serious than Fulani Herdsmen's foot soldiering to islamise the whole South. Such audacity, what an effontry? May The God of Nigeria, NIJA HIMSELF, punish mercilessly all those directly and indirectly involved in this nefarious deals. Amen!!!!
Re: House Of Reps Halts Privatization Of Refineries By NNPC by mikolo80: 3:31pm On May 26, 2016
KillerFrost:
Why is nothing working in Nigeria? sad
because we haven't suffered properly
Re: House Of Reps Halts Privatization Of Refineries By NNPC by mikolo80: 3:33pm On May 26, 2016
sanandreas:
Any Nigerian who buys these refineries would waste his money. If our politicians could build refinery in abroad, what does it take the FG to build six more refinery. After 50yrs of oil exploitation and exploitation we have 3 moribund refinery. Nigeria is unfortunate to be blessed with selfish leaders who thinks only to amass wealth.
why are thee people also easily satisfied with promises,platitudes and plates of food
Re: House Of Reps Halts Privatization Of Refineries By NNPC by tbanty1: 5:21pm On May 26, 2016
diegwu01:
You should be praying that Government hands off and allow a market driven economy. Private investors would handle this facilities better, Let the Government face governance alone. The government has a terrible history of managing this things.
God bless u my man, i see no reason why dose representators go against ds gr8 motive, well, mayb is because of d inner cash dem dey chop tru oil who knos? To be candid, FG cant manage ds refineries lyk private investors. Lookin @ ds self wil make nigerians believe dat FG av a low ability to handle nigeria refineries. 1. Do u kno how much is bein spent on vandalisation of oil pipe lines almost evry months by FG? Nd yet, dat dosent stop all ds millitants from breakin it again, if it were to b investors, i kn dey wil av deir ways of dealing with dem, cox dey wont want loss 2. Maintenance of ds refineries, dont u pple think of dat? Inshort all ds representators nd senators we av self na bunch of thieves, dey re d most corrupt pple destoryin our country, because of d oil money dem dey chop nd wich go kill deir generation to generations very soon.
Re: House Of Reps Halts Privatization Of Refineries By NNPC by rhames(m): 6:23pm On May 26, 2016
As far as I am concerned, these giant stoves referred to as refineries should be sold off to serious businessmen who will turn it around and make the product available to everyone. No matter how expensive that prooduct is in the beginning , the law of diminshing returns will set in at the end. We have seen it with cement, we have seen it with GSM phones and i believe we just must give it a try if we dont want them to end up like NITEL.

But our leaders dont seem to learn but use every opportunity to steal and amass wealth at all cost. Sadly we dont learn from South Koorea which was in a more precarious state than Nigeria in 1990's when the managers of the chaebols were stealing from the conglomerates which are now world class companies today.Speaking of Kia, Daewoo, Hyundai, Samsung and a host of the brand we are all familiar with.

It amounts to the same old emotional argument that it is a public patrimony belonging to all Nigerians.

If late President Yaradua had allowed Dangote to buy PHC refineries then, we would not be suffering subsidy removal, the greatest monumental fraud the world has ever seen.
Re: House Of Reps Halts Privatization Of Refineries By NNPC by sanandreas(m): 6:25pm On May 26, 2016
mikolo80:
why are thee people also easily satisfied with promises,platitudes and plates of food

it is not different from the promises that made APC win elections.
Re: House Of Reps Halts Privatization Of Refineries By NNPC by mikolo80: 6:40pm On May 26, 2016
sanandreas:

it is not different from the promises that made APC win elections.
my point excatly.
as long as ppl keep falling for it they will keep magaring them.
negative reinforcement.
but if civil servants go on strike five days after payday and sustain it or people lynch leaders in state houses you will see quicker change.
personally i just wanted pdp out with small anti corruption to keep everybody on their toes.
economic change would be a bonus.
i believe something will be done about nepa(maybe not 10GW but even 2GW is welcome or hopefully privatissation of transmission)hope fash no go fall our hand(serious prayer)
Re: House Of Reps Halts Privatization Of Refineries By NNPC by sanandreas(m): 6:45pm On May 26, 2016
mikolo80:
my point excatly.
as long as ppl keep falling for it they will keep magaring them.
negative reinforcement.
but if civil servants go on strike five days after payday and sustain it or people lynch leaders in state houses you will see quicker change.
personally i just wanted pdp out with small anti corruption to keep everybody on their toes.
economic change would be a bonus.
i believe something will be done about nepa(maybe not 10GW but even 2GW is welcome or hopefully privatissation of transmission)hope fash no go fall our hand(serious prayer)

we hope for change but a positive one.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Food Security Threatened As Floods Destroy Farms / Amaechi In Calabar For Consultations Ahead Of APC Presidential Primaries / Court Adjourns Case Seeking Uzodimma’s Sack As Imo Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.