Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Fulani Herdsmen Trade Compensations With Umumbo Farmers (pix - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen Trade Compensations With Umumbo Farmers (pix (33164 Views)

The Rann IDP Bombing.... Any Compensations?? / Helicopter Delivers Supplies To Fulani Herdsmen In Delta Desert — Lawmaker, Ivew / Panic In Anambra Communities Over Arrival Of Fulani Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Trade Compensations With Umumbo Farmers (pix by Tonydeeb(m): 12:28pm On May 26, 2016
I don't see this ending well, but then... Let's sit still, anticipating the end-result.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Trade Compensations With Umumbo Farmers (pix by Viergeachar: 12:29pm On May 26, 2016
Poor!
The ibos are the losers here.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Trade Compensations With Umumbo Farmers (pix by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 26, 2016
end time compensations

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Trade Compensations With Umumbo Farmers (pix by Opharhe: 12:31pm On May 26, 2016
Wow! Commendable. But pls Mr. Governor, don't lower your guard. Kudos.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Trade Compensations With Umumbo Farmers (pix by EazyMoh(m): 12:31pm On May 26, 2016
Kudos Obiano.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Trade Compensations With Umumbo Farmers (pix by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 26, 2016
end time compensations..
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Trade Compensations With Umumbo Farmers (pix by Gordieshegz(m): 12:32pm On May 26, 2016
utter rubbish!
compensations at whose peril?
the palliative measures will soon fall flat
you wont expect the iglorious fools not to wreck further havoc sooner than later!
killing humans for cows is the least level of stupidity that can be expected even from an insane soul..
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Trade Compensations With Umumbo Farmers (pix by geez18(m): 12:32pm On May 26, 2016
freeborn76:

That is the problem with the average Igbo man, for once you have a sane governor toeing the path of nonviolent resolution of conflicts yet you call him a fool. Na waoh! As far as I am concerned, he is a shining example of a man who wants to concentrate on developing his state and not daily grappling with settling one skirmish or the other. So you would rather he buys den guns and machetes for locals like the senseless deranged Fayose did abi? Nonsense!

if you call this conflict resolution the you're a bigger fòol than Obiano. most times,voilence will only be countered with violence!

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Trade Compensations With Umumbo Farmers (pix by EmeeNaka: 12:32pm On May 26, 2016
This line will not be toed by other state Governors. Millions worth of goods belonging to Anambrarians are being destroyed in different States and nobody pays compensation to the victims. Time has come when National Assembly will make law which will make it a must for state government and Federal govt to pay compensation for any deliberate destruction of life/properties that took place in any state in Nigeria.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Trade Compensations With Umumbo Farmers (pix by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 26, 2016
kudos obaino. I love this.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Trade Compensations With Umumbo Farmers (pix by Lilimax(f): 12:37pm On May 26, 2016
Well, two wrongs don't make a right embarassed
Let us welcome this move with an open mind.

Udo!!!
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Trade Compensations With Umumbo Farmers (pix by Progressive01(m): 12:38pm On May 26, 2016
Ucheosefoh:
This man Obiano is a true definition of a civilized man in fact after his tenure as governor I will voluntarily campaign for his presidency
Presidency or Biafra or Nigeria

What exactly do you people want??
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Trade Compensations With Umumbo Farmers (pix by geez18(m): 12:38pm On May 26, 2016
freeborn76:

That is the problem with the average Igbo man, for once you have a sane governor toeing the path of nonviolent resolution of conflicts yet you call him a fool. Na waoh! As far as I am concerned, he is a shining example of a man who wants to concentrate on developing his state and not daily grappling with settling one skirmish or the other. So you would rather he buys den guns and machetes for locals like the senseless deranged Fayose did abi? Nonsense!
you had better wakeup,we are at war! make no mistakes about it.there is no sitting on the fence;you're either with us or against us!
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Trade Compensations With Umumbo Farmers (pix by EasternActivist: 12:38pm On May 26, 2016
This compensation is fraud...

Obiano what happened to the farm destroyed?

This is unfair and unbalanced...

5 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Trade Compensations With Umumbo Farmers (pix by nduchucks: 12:39pm On May 26, 2016
odikwa very good. cool
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Trade Compensations With Umumbo Farmers (pix by Opharhe: 12:45pm On May 26, 2016
Ngokafor:

.....As far as this homicidal fulani herdsmen issue is concerned,it looks like its only Ayo Fayose and to a small extent Ikpeazu of Abi State that knows what to do in the South/middle-beltundecided

..dont even get me started on the Governor of Benue sad...

..At the end of the day,Fayose wins it for me.

..NB i am from Anambra State.
Yeah, i think i agree with you. But on a lighter note, the Umumbo guys adequately returned brutality for brutality on this issue. For 2 natives killed, 2 fulanis fell not just that, a whole 97 cattle herds slaughtered.

The Anambra state govt. and the communities should not make the mistake of lowering their guard though.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Trade Compensations With Umumbo Farmers (pix by eodavids(m): 12:49pm On May 26, 2016
whirlwind7:
This is rubbish!

So both herdsmen and community pay 500k each for the number of casualties on either side.
The community pays over 46k for each cow killed. What about the crops on the farmlands that were destroyed in the first place?

We absolutely have no government. This is
setting a dangerous precedent, and is no way near a reasonable or lasting solution.

You made a good point
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Trade Compensations With Umumbo Farmers (pix by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 26, 2016
What kind of rubish is this? So the community were made to pay the total sum of N5.5m while the fulani men paid only N1.15m whereas the fulani men ignited the conflict? though is not easy to come up with a solution in a matter like this, but Obiano no try. Fayose method is worth emulating against those people because the word "peace" does not exist amoungst their notions. How can you accomodate a tiger and a goat in one cage?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Trade Compensations With Umumbo Farmers (pix by proeast(m): 12:52pm On May 26, 2016
whirlwind7:
This is rubbish!

So both herdsmen and community pay 500k each for the number of casualties on either side.
The community pays over 46k for each cow killed. What about the crops on the farmlands that were destroyed in the first place?

We absolutely have no government. This is setting a dangerous precedent, and is no way near a reasonable or lasting solution.
Obiano really messed up on this. He should go & learn how to deal with these deadly herdsmen from Fayose. Wtf, Paying 46 million naira to people that trespassed & destroyed other peoples farms!! Only Fayose & Ikpeazu that has the balls to deal with these guys!

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Trade Compensations With Umumbo Farmers (pix by frisky2good(m): 1:01pm On May 26, 2016
So the Fulani's got more? Abi I no sabi calculate again?

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Trade Compensations With Umumbo Farmers (pix by knightsTempler: 1:02pm On May 26, 2016

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Trade Compensations With Umumbo Farmers (pix by DaniDani(m): 1:09pm On May 26, 2016
Ngokafor:

.....As far as this homicidal fulani herdsmen issue is concerned,it looks like its only Ayo Fayose and to a small extent Ikpeazu of Abi State that knows what to do in the South/middle-beltundecided

..dont even get me started on the Governor of Benue sad...

..At the end of the day,Fayose wins it for me.

..NB i am from Anambra State.
Don't even take what Ipkeazu is doing as a small extent. He's taking the bull by the horn. Trust me, the bakassi boys is a replica of state policing obtainable in other climes, it's by far better than Hunter's fight although equipping Hunter's is better than crying and fasting

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Trade Compensations With Umumbo Farmers (pix by SirREX94: 1:14pm On May 26, 2016
Thanks bro, experience has shown that the herdsmen are a set of people difficult to please. Similar commitees was set up and even still exits in places like; Plateau, Niger, Taraba, Nassarawa, Benue, and many other parts of the country. But their objective, which is to broker peace always ends in futility! Due to the itinerant nature of the herdsmen, they MUST trespass into farmlands. And when confronted by the farmers, they lay assault firstly, to subsequently claim been victimized. And when this happens, they will find grounds to invade the community irrespective of any agreement or truce reached. So i would say it's a right step in the wrong direction!
whirlwind7:
This is rubbish!

We absolutely have no government. This is setting a dangerous precedent, and is no way near a reasonable or lasting solution.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Trade Compensations With Umumbo Farmers (pix by TomLepskie(m): 1:14pm On May 26, 2016
Progressive01:
How many animals have you killed your entire life?? How much blood have you seen?? How many corpses have you seen?? Have you ever stabbed anyone before?? Do you know what it takes to kill a human?? Why spoil for war and destruction when you've never been in one instead of suing for peace??

When people speak this way, I just see the ignorance of a juvenile shining in all its brilliance.

Grammar, fayose way is the only way,
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Trade Compensations With Umumbo Farmers (pix by anny268(f): 1:18pm On May 26, 2016
The farmers paid for the cows but the herdsmen didn't pay for the destroyed crops... This compensation of a thing is not fair abeg. sad
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Trade Compensations With Umumbo Farmers (pix by Ucheosefoh(m): 1:33pm On May 26, 2016
Progressive01:
Presidency or Biafra or Nigeria

What exactly do you people want??
Both if possible by the end of his tenure
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Trade Compensations With Umumbo Farmers (pix by gidgiddy: 1:36pm On May 26, 2016
freeborn76:

Toeing the path of nonviolence? You toe the path of nonviolence with people who are sane or people who are open to negotiation. You don't go down that road with people who put cows above human life, people who invade other people lands and kill and rape. The Fulani will only see what Obiano is doing as 'appeasement' and it may embolden them to commit future atrocities

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Trade Compensations With Umumbo Farmers (pix by Semper247(m): 1:37pm On May 26, 2016
Cowards that will flee from conflict zones are the one stoking the fire for war and violence....

Those that have never been to the affected conflict zones are the one flaming fire of revenge... Blood for blood

Those that will melt at the sound of gunshots are the ones condemning the peace path the govt had chosen..

What is wrong with some youths?

They supported fayose for arming hunters to hunt some other humans like they are goats forgetting that there could be a reprisal attack somewhere else where Fulanis are dominant...

Why encouraging violence when u won't be part of it?

Why have people gone insane in this country in the name of politics?

Gov obiano, who has constantly attracted praises for his good work is now a fool for embrassing peace? This same group of thoughtless youths is also calling buhari names for vowing to deal with vandals in the ND....

They want the president to negotiate but want gov obiano to kill... What a group of directionless youths...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Trade Compensations With Umumbo Farmers (pix by whatofyou: 1:43pm On May 26, 2016
This is absolute rubbish! Let us borrow a leaf from Gov. Faroese. In this modern age Fulanis should learn to do away with "nomadism." They should learn to pay for their animals' ration and embrace cattle ranches even if it is temporal. For example, I know a man that has a large area of land overgrown with grasses that cattle feed on. Instead trespassing, why not meet him and negotiate for the grasses, yielding money as a result. This country can't keep preaching development, yet allow primitive principles thrive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jimoh Ibrahim Loses Appeal At Supreme Court / Nigerian Military Arrests Aljazeera Journalists / Salary: My Deputy Deliberately Embarrassing Me – Yahaya Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.