Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,470 members, 7,770,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:06 AM

A Letter To My Father! By Refiner - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Letter To My Father! By Refiner (9022 Views)

'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' / I'm Ready To Get Married But My Father Wants Me To Build First / I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Letter To My Father! By Refiner by refiner(f): 12:57pm On May 26, 2016
[b]This is the story of a boy who was made in the image and likeness of God and brought to the earth some thirty something years ago.
He had the privilege of having a loving and caring father.
He grew up just like every other kids from an average home.
He was playful, stubborn and whatnot, and also worthy of mention is that he had dreams and ambitions.
He was good at playing football and his skillfulness attracted his community and neighboring communities to the field just to watch him play.
He could play as a goal keeper, a central defender, a defensive midfielder, but his favorite position was as a striker (top 9), and he was good in all the mentioned positions; in-short, he loved and still love sport.

He had a father who like every other father wasn't wealthy; a disciplinarian, a federal civil servant, above all, a loving and caring father.
His father made sure he guided him, physically and spiritually just like he also guided his other siblings.
As mentioned earlier, this boy was very stubborn and that means bringing problems to his parents, especially to his father.
His loving and caring father made sure he defended him in public but would beat the hell out of him when they got home.
His father saw the talents in him and also foresaw a great future of him been a good footballer. His father taught him the requirement for success; discipline, persistence, patience, determination, consistency and above all, his father never forgot to take him to church to know the one who has the power to make all dreams come through.

His loving and caring father made sure he assisted him in actualizing his dreams, thus, going to the stadium every training day to watch his boy train and prepare for greatness, along with a police vehicle and other colleagues. Did i mentioned his father was a police officer? hmmmm, yeah, his father was a high ranking police officer. His father been the loving and caring father that he is made sure his boy didn't only become successful on the pitch as a footballer, but also in his academics. His father sacrificed most of his pleasures just to see him through school. The sacrifices and encouragements from his father wasn't a waste because right now, he is a political scientist and also a footballer who plays in Norwegian League. All thanks be to God and to his loving father.

What is the essence of this short story? Its about saying thanks to our fathers.
Today's isn't father's day, but who cares? Good deeds and people are suppose to be celebrated on a daily basis and not on some particular days.
Our fathers are the carriers of the seeds that determines our existence on the earth, they work tirelessly and sometimes tediously to make us something in life. Yeah, i would agree some didn't do enough, but the little they did should be enough to always say papa THANK YOU.
If you are there right now and you are still having grudges with your father or haven't talked with him for sometime, why not pick up your phone right now, call your father and tell him papa, thanks for everything you have done.
Papa; Thank You!
[/b]

Fellow nairalanders,

come in and together lets celebrate of fathers.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Letter To My Father! By Refiner by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 26, 2016
Hmmmm, this reminds me of my father, a calm but calculated father, in you, i was always well pleases and still well please. Papa, may Almighty God keep you longer.

Nice writeup op, this is a brilliant piece.
This topic/thread should be my thread of the year and fp it thus deserve.

Lalasticlala
maxi112
mrkester
repogirl
mrbigman1
marvel1
festivalofholi
bouyantic
pikin
IRserveMyComent
ErnieSmallzz
Beamborla
Beremx
Elantraceey
rosalieene
GloriaNinja
makydebbie
ladygudhead
ladyF
titi4fola
Bre
LovesonBlezz
Lordmykel
fairlyusedpant
sexytemi
mimido2
ikbnice
one1after
modath
grayht
silkmoth33
explorers
anonymous
adonis3
royalblak007
kashybaby
martha89
enahi
oaray
ebayray
Dollyjoy

Oya, make una come celebrate una fathers.

1 Like

Re: A Letter To My Father! By Refiner by Arabiandude: 1:07pm On May 26, 2016
coming back ...
Re: A Letter To My Father! By Refiner by prahcetomi(m): 1:12pm On May 26, 2016
my dad also loves football.in fact we go to the viewing centre together.He's a Chelsea fan,I'm a man u fan.Great Dad,you will live long.

1 Like

Re: A Letter To My Father! By Refiner by midehi2(f): 1:13pm On May 26, 2016
Oh my dad! he remain my best, his carbon copy, his baby girl, De-girl that brought fortune to him, now am getting old, am still a little baby....Dad i love you so much, you will live long to be old and toothless....Be strong for your baby girl coz you remains her mentor

1 Like

Re: A Letter To My Father! By Refiner by olatunjithomas(m): 1:29pm On May 26, 2016
even though I have not for once, call anybody father or daddy. I know the immeasurable importance of a father in child's life.though I am well trained guy,I still feel the Pain of not having a dad.so I celebrate every quality dad in the world, I swear you're all wonderful. and to every mum likewise cos I don't have one too. you are all awesome. shout out to every mum and dad out there.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Letter To My Father! By Refiner by pennytration(m): 1:40pm On May 26, 2016
Too long. Any good samaritan wanna summarise??

2 Likes

Re: A Letter To My Father! By Refiner by alatbaba1(m): 1:45pm On May 26, 2016
I'm coming.
Re: A Letter To My Father! By Refiner by redgem(f): 1:52pm On May 26, 2016
Emmmmmmm..... What should I say about my dad?

There are good times and bad times but no matter what, he still remains my dad and I love him

1 Like

Re: A Letter To My Father! By Refiner by Maxi112: 2:06pm On May 26, 2016
awww. well articulated, succinctly put

kiss kiss refiner
Re: A Letter To My Father! By Refiner by GentlemanUnltd: 2:15pm On May 26, 2016
My father is a great man.

Will forever love and cherish you papa.

1 Like

Re: A Letter To My Father! By Refiner by Mrbigman1(m): 3:09pm On May 26, 2016
kinginvalhala4:
Hmmmm, this reminds me of my father, a calm but calculated father, in you, i was always well pleases and still well please. Papa, may Almighty God keep you longer.

Lalasticlala
maxi112
mrkester
repogirl
mrbigman1
marvel1
festivalofholi
bouyantic
pikin
IRserveMyComent
ErnieSmallzz
Beamborla
Beremx
Elantraceey
rosalieene
GloriaNinja
makydebbie
ladygudhead
ladyF
titi4fola
Bre
LovesonBlezz
Lordmykel
sexytemi
mimido2

Nice write up.

Em, I ve a bit of criticism.

U had "his father " up dia repeating himself like buhari accuses gej.
Re: A Letter To My Father! By Refiner by ladyF(f): 3:13pm On May 26, 2016
Interesting...
Re: A Letter To My Father! By Refiner by GloriaNinja(f): 5:50pm On May 26, 2016
kinginvalhala4:

Lalasticlala
maxi112
mrkester
repogirl
mrbigman1
marvel1
festivalofholi
bouyantic
pikin
IRserveMyComent
ErnieSmallzz
Beamborla
Beremx
Elantraceey
rosalieene
GloriaNinja
makydebbie
ladygudhead
ladyF
titi4fola
Bre
LovesonBlezz
Lordmykel
sexytemi
mimido2

I ain't got nothing to celebrate about him tho.

2 Likes

Re: A Letter To My Father! By Refiner by onstelly(f): 9:10pm On May 26, 2016
olatunjithomas:
even though I have not for once, call anybody father or daddy. I know the immeasurable importance of a father in child's life.though I am well trained guy,I still feel the Pain of not having a dad.so I celebrate every quality dad in the world, I swear you're all wonderful. and to every mum likewise cos I don't have one too. you are all awesome. shout out to every mum and dad out there.
Oh come lemme give you a hug hon

2 Likes

Re: A Letter To My Father! By Refiner by titi4fola(f): 9:31pm On May 26, 2016
My dad has been gone for few years and I think of him each and every passen day. I sadly posted this to remind me of the path he created and the legacy he left behind, dad....missing you to the bone. Wish you were here.
Re: A Letter To My Father! By Refiner by titi4fola(f): 9:36pm On May 26, 2016
kinginvalhala4:

Lalasticlala
maxi112
mrkester
repogirl
mrbigman1
marvel1
festivalofholi
bouyantic
pikin
IRserveMyComent
ErnieSmallzz
Beamborla
Beremx
Elantraceey
rosalieene
GloriaNinja
makydebbie
ladygudhead
ladyF
titi4fola
Bre
LovesonBlezz
Lordmykel
sexytemi
mimido2

My dad has been gone for few years and I think of him each and every passen day. I sadly posted this to remind me of the path he created and the legacy he left behind, dad....missing you to the bone. Wish you were here.
Re: A Letter To My Father! By Refiner by Nobody: 9:52pm On May 26, 2016
So suddenly y'all have loving fathers like the ones in telenovelas... No wahala...

1 Like

Re: A Letter To My Father! By Refiner by olatunjithomas(m): 10:24pm On May 26, 2016
onstelly:
Oh come lemme give you a hug hon
Thanks Sweetheart, just that I kind of miss them both.
Re: A Letter To My Father! By Refiner by Swissheart(f): 8:43am On May 27, 2016
My Dad is a First Class Father. We call him Super Daddy... Yes! He is
Re: A Letter To My Father! By Refiner by Nobody: 11:42am On May 27, 2016
GloriaNinja:
I ain't got nothing to celebrate about him tho.

Hmmm, I feel you sweetie; this is the exact thing majority has also pointed at. But what re we gonna do?

How re you miss and hope your day is going splendidly well?
Re: A Letter To My Father! By Refiner by GloriaNinja(f): 3:29pm On May 27, 2016
kinginvalhala4:

Hmmm, I feel you sweetie; this is the exact thing majority has also pointed at. But what re we gonna do?

How re you miss and hope your day is going splendidly well?
It is smooth as usual, just that the economy is harsh and no power supply, utterly gnashing, what about ya,?

1 Like

Re: A Letter To My Father! By Refiner by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 27, 2016
GloriaNinja:
It is smooth as usual, just that the economy is harsh and no power supply, utterly gnashing, what about ya,?

I tell you sweet, the present economic isn't friendly to our living and pockets. But we re still struggling to move ahead with the hope that it would turn better in the nearest future.

I have noticed something about you, you always seemed to be hard on people here, why?
Re: A Letter To My Father! By Refiner by DharmyYinks: 4:12pm On May 27, 2016
Atleast some people still ve sum1 they can call 'father!'
Re: A Letter To My Father! By Refiner by GloriaNinja(f): 4:30pm On May 27, 2016
kinginvalhala4:

I tell you sweet, the present economic isn't friendly to our living and pockets. But we re still struggling to move ahead with the hope that it would turn better in the nearest future.

I have noticed something about you, you always seemed to be hard on people here, why?
Um... certainly that might be my innermost way of approaching things or people but actually am not that hard on people, just that people don't understand me easily. only the Wise could understand the shell-like persona of mine, what made you say so?

1 Like

Re: A Letter To My Father! By Refiner by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 27, 2016
GloriaNinja:
Um... certainly that might be my innermost way of approaching things or people but actually am not that hard on people, just that people don't understand me easily. only the Wise could understand the shell-like persona of mine, what made you say so?

We were in same thread 2 days ago, I witnessed you bashing all monikers that came your way, including mine. I didn't replied bashing you because I felt its good I hear your reason for doing such so that I would know how best to treat you next time.

That's why I purposely mentioned your moniker in this thread.
Re: A Letter To My Father! By Refiner by GloriaNinja(f): 7:04pm On May 27, 2016
kinginvalhala4:

We were in same thread 2 days ago, I witnessed you bashing all monikers that came your way, including mine. I didn't replied bashing you because I felt its good I hear your reason for doing such so that I would know how best to treat you next time.

That's why I purposely mentioned your moniker in this thread.
but you bashed me first, you know that?
Re: A Letter To My Father! By Refiner by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 27, 2016
GloriaNinja:
but you bashed me first, you know that?

OK, you called my comment towards you bashing? hmmm. Don't worry, we re gonna address this issue some other time. *tongue_out*

Sweetie, please don't tell me you already have a candidate you re supporting for miss Nairaland, do you?
Re: A Letter To My Father! By Refiner by GloriaNinja(f): 7:19pm On May 27, 2016
kinginvalhala4:

OK, you called my comment towards you bashing? hmmm. Don't worry, we re gonna address this issue some other time. *tongue_out*

Sweetie, please don't tell me you already have a candidate you re supporting for miss Nairaland, do you?
well... I don't know anything about miss nairaland shit or anything, I just look into news and stuff, so um..... why are you telling me if I already have a candidate?
Re: A Letter To My Father! By Refiner by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 27, 2016
GloriaNinja:
well... I don't know anything about miss nairaland shit or anything, I just look into news and stuff, so um..... why are you telling me if I already have a candidate?

Nairaland poo? you ehn, you need flogging. lol

Well, its a yearly contest where interested registered female nairalanders would signify to be part of, if they meets the lay down rules guiding any contest.
That of this year has already been declared opened by the host, interested female nairalanders has signified to compete, and interested nairalanders are already supporting their chosen and desired contestants.

I, just like so many others has pitched tents with a nairalander, refiner, and its on her behalf I'm seeking for your support and vote. Note that voting hasn't started yet, we re still in the period of campaigning for our various contestant.

I don't know if you have had the opportunity of having a chat with refiner before, if you haven't, then maybe I should tell you a little about her.

Refiner; she is young (arguably the youngest), she is intelligent, beautiful, humble and whatnot.
you can click on this link to check her out,
www.nairaland.com/refiner

I would forever appreciate you if you please come and also be part of her supporters. Your singular vote is gonna do alots.

That's you on your profile?
Re: A Letter To My Father! By Refiner by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 27, 2016
Hello pretty miss @IRservemycoment
Re: A Letter To My Father! By Refiner by GloriaNinja(f): 8:00pm On May 27, 2016
kinginvalhala4:

Nairaland poo? you ehn, you need flogging. lol

Well, its a yearly contest where interested registered female nairalanders would signify to be part of, if they meets the lay down rules guiding any contest.
That of this year has already been declared opened by the host, interested female nairalanders has signified to compete, and interested nairalanders are already supporting their chosen and desired contestants.

I, just like so many others has pitched tents with a nairalander, refiner, and its on her behalf I'm seeking for your support and vote. Note that voting hasn't started yet, we re still in the period of campaigning for our various contestant.

I don't know if you have had the opportunity of having a chat with refiner before, if you haven't, then maybe I should tell you a little about her.

Refiner; she is young (arguably the youngest), she is intelligent, beautiful, humble and whatnot.
you can click on this link to check her out,
www.nairaland.com/refiner

I would forever appreciate you if you please come and also be part of her supporters. Your singular vote is gonna do alots.

That's you on your profile?
yes that's me. ok no problem.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Husband Or My Figure? / Who Is The "Next Of Kin" / Reasons For Giving Many Names To Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.