Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,295 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer (57760 Views)

This Man Scammed Me / The First Lady To Own An Iphone X In Nigeria (Photos) / Apple Fired An Iphone X Engineer After His Daughter Hands-on Video Turned Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Abeos(m): 9:36pm On May 26, 2016
Eagul:
Scammers are on the rise now

Got scammed by Airtel sim card sellers who collected 2k from me for promo and handed me 19 new sims.. Got home to discover it was all a scam..

Nairalanders beware!!! They go about in a bus putting on Airtel robes to dupe people

Airtel my 2k. I feel like burning those sims

That what happened to me too, they said they selling free Sims that you should just buy card of at #200 from dem. Till now Sim hasn't registered and nothing on balance
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 26, 2016
ndcide:

They'd probably tell you it's for data.

Yeah.. Sort of plus lower tarrif on calls.

Usually I wouldn't give them face, buh they looked too real to be fake.. With airtel sim cards, airtel crested robes.

It's just sad.. But I want to create the awareness cos it's not funny

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 26, 2016
Abeos:

That what happened to me too, they said they selling free Sims that you should just buy card of at #200 from dem. Till now Sim hasn't registered and nothing on balance

God bless you

I think Airtel should look into this quick cos some guys are out to destroy their work

With genuine Airtel sim cards collecting money from subscribers
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Youngzedd(m): 9:45pm On May 26, 2016
chiwex:
to confirm a fake alert, check your balance from the alert.

if u can't see ur balance then you have been scammed

That's not the best way, the best way is to check your bank statement via Internet banking or visit the bank.

What if the scammer have an insider in the bank who will give him/her the balance the victim have in the account.

1 Like

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by electropiz(m): 9:45pm On May 26, 2016
It's must be one of these bulk sms services, take the message to mtn through police they will show u the gateway of the sender, this identifys the sender because he must have funded the gateways by paying to their account maybe with a name or so

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Eyepencil: 9:46pm On May 26, 2016

Those of you shouting account balance please take it easy.

A fraudster once duped me 100k last year, infact my account balance was showing on the alert. I guess sm1 from my bank helped him with my account balance.

Scammers are always smart you just need to be very careful.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by dollaflow(m): 9:49pm On May 26, 2016
that is not bulk sms,, d guy collect ur phone and save his number with wema bank
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Rosheedah(f): 9:49pm On May 26, 2016
Heyyah its such a pirry sad
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by coretechng1(m): 9:50pm On May 26, 2016
Opetunde1:
Scammer Alert!!! Who Can Help Catch This Scammer

I sold an iPhone to this scammer and he did a bank transfer.. I received d alert thinking the money was in and we parted ways. Little did I know that I have just been scammed and it was a fake credit alert. His phone no has been switched off but his whatsapp no is going... Who can help trace him... BEWARE OF BANK ALERTS

The guys no is 09050587873...please help trace him and help me
I don't know why Nigerians believe that MUM or Glo or whatever operator is their bank. It annoys me so much why people will be waiting for alerts on their phone. LISTEN NETWORK OPERATORS ARE NOT BANKS. ALWAYS GOTO YOUR BANK FOR ALERTS NOT PHONE COMPANIES.
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by ikukuhero: 9:56pm On May 26, 2016
He's not on truecaller on 09050587873. Give us his WhatsApp number and we'll get his name.

Report to the police

Report to EFCC

Report to his service provider.

It's not that hard to catch him.
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by toprealman: 9:57pm On May 26, 2016
ibotjaycob:
It's called Cloning. If u were calm you would have noticed
How Oga?
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by priscaoge(f): 10:05pm On May 26, 2016
jideniceguy:

God bless you with this post. Some pple here are truly stupid. They castigate people easily nt knowin nobody is above mistakes and things happens in life for us to gain more experience an learn our lessons. I've also gone thru some things things the past and i really learnt lessons from them and I'm a beta person now. I pray God comforts the OP.

To tell u d truth, it was on Nairaland that I learnt that such things happen seriously. I never knew that it's possible until I read it here. Why will anyone be in a haste to insult d Op? People come online this days to form Pro! Smh! I pray he gets help
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Lamor(f): 10:10pm On May 26, 2016
The only way you can track dis guy down is thru his mobile fone number.Just pray he doesn't throw his sim off.That was how we were able to trace a guy who duped my bro 500k in d name of processing visa.We got his exact location.
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by OMOBABAYEMI: 10:12pm On May 26, 2016
Opetunde1:

I sold an iPhone to this scammer and he did a bank transfer.. I received d alert thinking the money was in and we parted ways. Little did I know that I have just been scammed and it was a fake credit alert. His phone no has been switched off but his whatsapp no is going... Who can help trace him... BEWARE OF BANK ALERTS

i no fit laugh. But its eye opener shaa o. What he actually did was a bulk sms alert4u. If you want to catch him, just give him a little break.

1 Like

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Opetunde1: 10:15pm On May 26, 2016
This is his number.. 09050587873...his number won't go through when you call him but on whatsapp this number is working! !!guys Pls add him up and let's see how we can get him! !I can't even eat because I couldn't believe such thing existed

1 Like

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by mykel25(m): 10:16pm On May 26, 2016
ceejay80s:

How did u know its fake credit alert?

Did u check with ur. Atm card or confirmed ftom customer service?

How did the guy get ur real account balance?

How does the fake text alert look like?

Pls explain well

Acct bal wasn't mentioned....that can't be gotten...it a prove that it fake buh the seller was so curious he dint check the msg well
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by mykel25(m): 10:17pm On May 26, 2016
ceejay80s:

How did u know its fake credit alert?

Did u check with ur. Atm card or confirmed ftom customer service?

How did the guy get ur real account balance?

How does the fake text alert look like?

Pls explain well

Acct bal wasn't mentioned....that can't be gotten...it a prove that it fake buh the seller was so curious he dint check the msg well......only the acct credited was mentioned......thats a cheap scam using an Internet SMS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by doskie(m): 10:18pm On May 26, 2016
ibotjaycob:
It's called Cloning. If u were calm you would have noticed
baba please educate me cos I'm wondering. She saw the alert already. Hows it possible. Isit that mobile banking is not safe. Abeg o.
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by adakoleagbenu: 10:30pm On May 26, 2016
TDonald:

Why you sef go sell i-phone give Scanner, u for sell am give printer grin
lol!!!! Epic!
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by doskie(m): 10:35pm On May 26, 2016
With a technology called geo placing. Like gprs it can tell you where the person holding that phone is whether or not he puts off his phone. Mtn should be able to tell you about it.
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 26, 2016
Sirq:
Omo but pple mad ooo [left][/left]...see how the message come look like a real bank alert

asinnn, but I go notice if I no receive alert for my mail
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by doskie(m): 10:44pm On May 26, 2016
dammyjay93:
You guys calling the op names should stop that childish attitude, it could easily be any of you, nobody is perfect...OP my own idea, if the number is regular on whatsapp just find one fine babe wey go help you set up the nigga, she'll get close to him online and shii then she sets up a meet and viola! You go for the kill
long thing

A proper ijebu traditional doctor will cure the thiefs madness.
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by dFroshie(m): 10:48pm On May 26, 2016
Bro do yu know d imei of the said phone...are you still with the box you bought d phone with...hi can use the imei to track it down
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by profx4real(m): 10:56pm On May 26, 2016
Pple no gt conscience shaaaaa, nawa ooooo
L8tr wen Ogun (god of IPhone) strike him, he go say na hin Great grandMa
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by jerrykings1(m): 10:59pm On May 26, 2016
Thats not absolute, because Zenith bank don't send balance.

AlertZ
Acct:×××**×××
DT:5/23/2016:5:34 PM
Charge back for OnDemand USSD Airti
CR Amt:200.00
Br:Head Office
REF:********
xxxtedyxxx:
He sent u a fake bank alert using online bulk sms. U av been scammed bro.

The message you received as alert doesnt even contain your available bank balance. Check the message again if u still av it. Authentic sms alert wi include the remaining balance in ur account.
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by valnelly(m): 11:01pm On May 26, 2016
dFroshie:
Bro do yu know d imei of the said phone...are you still with the box you bought d phone with...hi can use the imei to track it down

I think that's a good idea..
This is just what bulk SMS and Online SMS sending can do.. I have a similar app on my phone.
But bros, that's a huge sum of money o. Chai.
I pray you catch that bastard. He'll not escape God's punishment f you no fit catch am.
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Missonas(f): 11:05pm On May 26, 2016
cbrass:

at least he will get his phone back but i dont understand how the op will be using a nokia touchlight and sell an iphone

Whatever his reasons where or are jare economy bad gaan my brother grin
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by temitimx19(m): 11:07pm On May 26, 2016
op I have learned from your experience.. I just pray you catch the guy.. some ppl are just heartless, this kind person na jungle justice fit am. Why would you want to scam an innocent guy #115k, its painful, I don't know how it feels. But don't give up, its never too late to catch a thief.
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Gkemz: 11:20pm On May 26, 2016
Customised bulk sms has done more harm than good.
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by darqly(m): 11:31pm On May 26, 2016
Appland:
Any alert that comes with out your remaining balance is a fraud.
All should be wise.

This is NOT true. Some banks have formatted their credit and debit alerts to exclude your balance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by pretty16(f): 11:59pm On May 26, 2016
xxxtedyxxx:
He sent u a fake bank alert using online bulk sms. U av been scammed bro.

The message you received as alert doesnt even contain your available bank balance. Check the message again if u still av it. Authentic sms alert wi include the remaining balance in ur account.

Exactly what I wanted to say. You are so on point.
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by issylarry(m): 11:59pm On May 26, 2016
Opetunde1:

LolZzzzz,chai Op u Bleep up big time.For this harsh economy,u still dey use iphone.u b baba o,well he can be track.He must have broken the what'sapp sim and just making use of the number.So d percentage of tracing him tru sim is low.U can get him if u still have the pack of the phone.In it u will find an imei,imei can be use to track his location.U have to be fast abt it so e wouldnt have sold it out to some1 else.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number / Ten Things You Didn't Know Your Smartphone Could Do / Glo N100 For 1GB Night Plan Valid For 5 Days: How To Activate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.