Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers (34525 Views)

I Can Help You Discipline Your ‘powerful’ Appointees, Fayose Tells Buhari / 33 States Can’t Pay Salaries – BudgIT / Mimiko Meets With Striking Workers In Ondo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers by masterpiece86: 5:40pm On May 26, 2016
Workers in Ekiti State on Thursday began an indefinite strike over government’s inability to pay five months salary arrears and for failing to refund deductions made from their December 2015 salaries.

The strike brought the state capital to a halt as government offices and public schools remained shut.

But the state governor said for as long there was no money to pay salaries, he would have to wait for the workers to return.

The state councils of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Trade Union Congress (TUC) and Joint Negotiation Council (JNC) had on Tuesday last week issued a 48-hour ultimatum to the government to pay the December deductions amounting to N512million or face industrial action.

But the strike was overtaken by the national strike called by the NLC which was called off on Monday.
Thursday’s strike followed the expiration of a fresh 24-hour ultimatum on Wednesday, after the government’s failure to accede to the workers’ demands.

Other demands of the workers include the release of the staff audit and verification conducted in April 2015; disclosure of the monthly internally generated revenue; payment of arrears of salaries, pension and gratuities; payment of September 2014 salary to primary school teachers; and payment of 2014 and 2015 leave bonuses.

The workers are also asking the government to implement the promotion for 2013, 2014, 2015; approval of inter-cadre transfer; remission of 10 percent IGR to local government and stoppage of Joint Allocation Committee account; resuscitation of LG staff pension fund and release of running grants to secondary schools and local governments.

“Your Excellency Sir, we have remained calm since these days hoping that respite will soon come our ways, but hope is becoming a mirage. Besides, there is a limit to endurance,” said the labour leaders, in a letter addressed to the state governor, Ayo Fayose.

The governor, while responding to the strike, said the state only got N751million allocation from the federation account.

“I know workers have not been coming to work, but I don’t have the moral right to stop them . But I can only deploy what I receive from the federation account,” Mr. Fayose said.

“If workers want to go on strike, I sympathize with them but we will be here waiting till when they come back. I can’t sell myself to pay workers. Even the government house where I live does not have diesel to power generator at times.

“I want the workers and members of the public to show understanding. This is not about Ekiti, it is an issue that affects all of us.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/204132-remain-strike-like-i-cant-sell-pay-salaries-fayose-tells-striking-workers.html

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers by masterpiece86: 5:40pm On May 26, 2016
Those who live in glass houses don't throw stones. Fayose is busy making a whole lot of noise Buhari this and that on the pages of Newspapers, Radio and Television and the irony of it is that wen same Buhari was giving Bailout to states we didn't hear even "Fim" he collected and still refuses to pay his workers

#Always Blabbing am sure Fayose is suffering from "Verbal Diarrhoea".

356 Likes 31 Shares

Re: I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers by ORACLE1975(m): 5:41pm On May 26, 2016
Madness

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers by Kastonkastroll(m): 5:43pm On May 26, 2016
grin grin grin grin fayose the clown abeg pay your people their salaries. Abi you don squander the bail out funds sai buhari gave u ni. Ahhh

77 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers by modath(f): 5:48pm On May 26, 2016
If workers want to go on strike, I sympathize with them but we will be here waiting till when they come back. I can’t sell myself to pay workers.

Can just imagine if it had been Buhari that made this statement, the kind of unsavoury media rants would have been unparalleled...

Let's agree what he is getting can't take care of everything all at once, cant he be an open book and work with Labour , even if it's just pay even a percentage till normalcy returns?

His openness begins and end with ponmo, buka and paraga runs.... No one is sure of the true state of Ekiti finances with his total vehemence and opposition to TSA..

Ekiti Kete mo ti fa eko ni ibi oho rihon ti ta agbon.... cool

201 Likes 16 Shares

Re: I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers by Splinz(m): 5:48pm On May 26, 2016
Such an unfortunate reality. However, oga Fayose must find a way out.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers by NOC1(m): 6:02pm On May 26, 2016
Bikonu isi odi nkwoke mma, is he insane?
I am sorry for the so called fountain of knowledge, hmm so this is there best.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers by fayisode(m): 6:02pm On May 26, 2016
... Dont let us disturb our self. They are bird of the feather, they tell us lies. What they want from us it our vote. We must come together for progress of this country. Both pdp and apc are all desame they only care about them and what they want to make. We are the one who sells our future because of just 1000 naira or even above. I wish to tell us to make a wise choice, they are both the same. We condemed pdp what of apc. Majority of our leaders dont care about our future. We Nigeria let fight for our freedom. They go abroad and save our money. Almost all our politician have reserved account for themself and their family. WE NIGERIA LET FIGHT FOR OUR FUTURE ,FUTURE OF UPCOMING GENERATION AND FOR FUTURE OF OUR COUNTRY.
MAY GOD BLESS THIS COUNTRY

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers by NOC1(m): 6:03pm On May 26, 2016
Splinz:
Such an unfortunate reality. However, oga Fayose must find a way out.
Is that all you can say?

3 Likes

Re: I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers by AntiIPOOP(m): 6:08pm On May 26, 2016
Uganda IPod thugs be like "our hero is right" grin

172 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers by Burger01(m): 6:10pm On May 26, 2016
...yet this fowl will get on a plane chasing what doesn't benefit people of Ekiti. He will chase Buhari in his dream, chase Buhari go China, chase his president all over the country... all for nothing. Now, he finds it hard to pay salary. Well, wetin concern man pikin Burger, na the stomach infrastructure Ekiti people wahala be that o jire undecided

109 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers by franchizy(m): 6:10pm On May 26, 2016
Fayose is the only yoruba man greater than Awolowo.
Fayose is not oweing Ekiti workers. its a mere APC propaganda.
Ride on the peoples governor. We the entire Ekiti youths are solidly behind you.
God bless Fayose the man greater than Awolowo even ojukwu

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers by ziky2010(m): 6:10pm On May 26, 2016
Crazy man.By now PDP supporters should know how foolish this man is

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers by babdap: 6:15pm On May 26, 2016
IPOD come read wetin your adopted son and messiah dey tell workers in Ekiti state, any responsible Governor won't have said that.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers by Burger01(m): 6:16pm On May 26, 2016
ORACLE1975:
Madness
Abi... He prefer cutting kpomo in the market, selling ewa agoyin by the roadside... Governor of misplaced priorities undecided

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers by anigbajumo(m): 6:17pm On May 26, 2016
"If workers want to go on strike, I sympathize with them but we will be here waiting till when they come back. I can’t sell myself to pay workers.Even the government house where I live does not have diesel to power generator at times."

Chai,see a well fabricated lie from the pit of hell.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers by Progressive01(m): 6:18pm On May 26, 2016
cheesy

This is the kind of thread where you see the Wailing Mournful Jewish Uganda Miscreants scamper to take cover in their dingy burrows.

The slimy molluscs would start wondering if indeed Fowlyose isn't suffering from what I suspect he's suffering from- dementia from a curse placed on him by his parents.

Fayose is the greatest adopted child of the Bolton Wanderers- greater than Ojuikwu himself! grin

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers by Jirate(m): 6:19pm On May 26, 2016
Fayose, I like you but try and handle this issue the way you normally handle Buhari Matters. cool cool cool

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 6:22pm On May 26, 2016
franchizy:
Fayose is the only yoruba man greater than Awolowo.
Fayose is not oweing Ekiti workers. its a mere APC propaganda.
Ride on the peoples governor. We the entire Ekiti youths are solidly behind you.
God bless Fayose the man greater than Awolowo even ojukwu

Is this sarcasm abi you don dey kolo small small?

120 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers by 989900B: 6:26pm On May 26, 2016
SMH @ Ekiti.

Can someone send Fayose to Obiano on internship?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 26, 2016
Where is Temitemi1 sef!
grin

He's deceiving them by cutting Fish, Meat and Ponmo while Ogbeni is cutting tapes to commission several projects in Osun! SMH for the wailing Cockroaches.

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 6:28pm On May 26, 2016
Imagine Buhari saying this, by now all media houses would have been awashed with "fayose to Buhari this", "Fayose to Buhari that".

The good people of Ekiti state should enjoy what they vote him in for...

STOMACH INFRASTRUCTURE!

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers by aresa: 6:30pm On May 26, 2016

This is leadership and IpOb role model... grin

110 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers by 989900B: 6:31pm On May 26, 2016
Can't run Ekiti, an economy of less than $25b, and 4 million population, but can tutor him papa how to run an half a trillion dollar diverse country of 180 million people . . . continue . . .

147 Likes 16 Shares

Re: I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers by aresa: 6:32pm On May 26, 2016
Why are they striking anyway?

Why the useless Fayose dey dash you stomach infrastructure, you care less about salaries and dangers ahead.. grin

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers by Beremx(f): 6:33pm On May 26, 2016
adeyemi2015:
Where is Temitemi1 sef!
grin
Fayose owes his 5months salary that's why he hasn't been disturbing nairaland with "fayose my hero, fayose my role model" bullshit.

grin

75 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers by abujamal: 6:33pm On May 26, 2016
this thread deserves front page

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 26, 2016
Beremx:
Fayose owes his 5months salary that's why he hasn't been disturbing nairaland with "fayose my hero, fayose my role model" bullshit.

grin
No wonder he can't afford to recharge his line and get awoof 10mb from his network Provider!
grin

66 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers by Beremx(f): 6:38pm On May 26, 2016
adeyemi2015:

No wonder he can't afford to recharge his line and get awoof 10mb from his network Provider!
grin
LWKMD!! grin

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 26, 2016
No wonder the tout was always running his mouth. He was only trying to distract from his failure. Ekiti, i sorry for una and una loud mouthed governor

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers by Ephemmm: 6:40pm On May 26, 2016
tongue tongue tongue Fayose thinks governance is all about theatrical display of allegiance to Ekiti people by cutting ponmo, serving himself in Buka, riding okada with Ekiti thugs etc

Where is Ben Bruce when his common sense is needed by Ekiti and Bayelsa Governors? If na Osun, Ben would have started having orgasm on top this matter.

Oh I forgot! Those states are not controlled by APC. Pay their salaries jooorr: Oloriburuku somebody!

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers by seunmsg(m): 6:41pm On May 26, 2016
Who cares about some striking workers when there is ewa aganyi and ponmo to be enjoyed? Fayose, abeg pass me a plate of beans jare. If Ekiti workers like, let them go on strike till next year. When they were collecting kongos of rice, who them tell?

33 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osinbajo, Ngige & Kachikwu Addressing Protesting NLC & TUC Members Today (Photos / Sokoto To Replace Almajiri With Indonesian Pondok Model / How Ngige, Wike, Obiano, Emeka Offor Betrayed Nnamdi Kanu – IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.