Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,544 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Buhari's 100days In Office: Nigerians Stand Points. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's 100days In Office: Nigerians Stand Points. (320 Views)

PDP Conducts Poll To Rate Buhari's 2 Years In Office: See Results And Reactions / Photos Of Buhari & Osinbajo Laughing Hard In Office Today As Osinbajo Briefs Him / Can Nigerians Stand For Buhari If Millitary Go Turkish!!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's 100days In Office: Nigerians Stand Points. by timibofa1: 12:44pm On May 27, 2016
Buhari’s 100 Days in Office: Nigerians’ Stand Point.

While criticisms on Saint Buhari’s administration have been term TOO EARLY by some section of the society despite early morning cries on every home due to worm reactions and re- adjustment of peoples stomach time table from the previous 111 system to 001, 101, 100 with regards to the current economic realities in the country, a section of the society holds a different view.
Saint Buhari who emerged victoriously under the APC plateform from a keenly contested election no, doubt gained Nigerians massive support and precious votes due to its campaign slogan: Change! Which came of course with a lot of promising and future brightening promises that gave Nigerians high expectations which again was climax by MR. Presidents acceptance speech which went viral on media: ‘’I AM FOR EVERYBODY AND FOR NOBODY’’. This witty but powerful statement, to Nigerians seals his promises as it will enable him focused and never to be influenced by any godfather and it went well with all Nigerians.
After, a couple of days, weeks and as these weeks graduates into months and finally a year, the previously smiling faces and stalwarts of Mr. President seems to be disappointed as they watch each day pass by without a mention of these promises and even attempts to swing into the slightest action. One of such was the his promise to sweep out Boko Haram within three months if elected into power, secondly, his stand to sanitize the country from corruption. Furthermore, his position to stabilize power, and to be ‘’FOR EVERYBODY AND FOR NOBODY’’ in terms of administration and appointments. Also, his payment of 500 thousand naira allowance to all unemployed Nigerians, job creation and increase in corpse members allowances, reduction of fuel to its barest minimum price in recorded history and above all to sustain and promote the unity of Nigeria just to mention but a few. The question and worry of Nigerians is that; Has Mr. President printed the blue print of all his promises. First, Has he, win the war against insurgency, if he has, why the recent renewed killings of Nigerians by Fulani Herdsmen in Benue, Enugu, Ekiti and others; what about the re strategized Boko Haram sects who acted last week clearing almost three villages in Borno state. And the recent attacks from the deadliest Niger Delta Avengers and The Ebgesu boys that have promised to cripple the economy if their demands not meet.
Then, on corruption and objectiveness, Nigerians wonder if the war against corruption is really pure as EFCC has always gone after some category of individuals while others are allowed to swim on in same anti corruption tagged administration, and honoured with ministerial positions. Also, has the president been diplomatic and objective on certain publish speeches such as ‘’ my appointments will depend on how I was voted’’ (emphases mine).Does that reflect federal character and has such comments manifested in reality?
On 500 thousand naira unemployment allowances, has he implemented it or intents to do so? Or did he deny it after wards? Has he increased corpse members’ allowances or is it in the budget or intents to slash it as he has done to some parastatals and ministries through the merging ideology. Has he stated creating jobs or retrenching instead?
Accordingly, on pump reduction and sustaining one Nigeria, Has Mr. President reduced the price of fuel or increased it instead? How has he handled the Herdsmen crises and the Niger Delta issue, will his recent approach not jeopardised our existence as a country?
While few Nigerians claim he has started implementing some and that his recent signing of the budget will enable him do more in implementing his promising promises; others believe that they have been deceived as they virtually see Irony play instead of realism.
To me I have join the few Nigerians to say IT IS TOO EARLY to criticise and am patiently waiting patiently, with empty belly, fasting without prayer, peacefully dying in silence, awaiting my children to be sent home for increased fees, parked my car for days, waiting to see the change process in transit especially on Sunday 29 May, 2016, to see tangible projects and achievements to celebrate except the media vibes of anti- corruption war...

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Reveal Why His Government Started At A Slow Pace / Leaders Don't Believe In Limited Resources / Join The Movement To Save The Future Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.