Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

EFCC Has Secured 140 Convictions, Recovered Billions Of Dollars In 6 Months-magu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Has Secured 140 Convictions, Recovered Billions Of Dollars In 6 Months-magu (14381 Views)

Oke And Lawal: FG Says EFCC Has The Mandate To Prosecute Without Influence / How Much The EFCC Has Recovered From Whistleblowing / My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Has Secured 140 Convictions, Recovered Billions Of Dollars In 6 Months-magu by DMerciful(m): 8:11am On May 28, 2016
K
Re: EFCC Has Secured 140 Convictions, Recovered Billions Of Dollars In 6 Months-magu by demarc001: 8:12am On May 28, 2016
Congrat, we don hear! don't let the money go missing again
Re: EFCC Has Secured 140 Convictions, Recovered Billions Of Dollars In 6 Months-magu by IDnoble1: 8:13am On May 28, 2016
gcof:
yet no one has been Jailed and Nigeria is still broke
If you could say no one has been jailed then I will say its either you are not current or lack the truth due to sentiments.
Re: EFCC Has Secured 140 Convictions, Recovered Billions Of Dollars In 6 Months-magu by Nobody: 8:13am On May 28, 2016
ajebuter:
I will believe it when the likes of: ObJ, atiku, IBB, GEJ, PEJ, saraki, Oshiomole, tinubu, ameachi, obanikoro, okorocha , diezani and other treasury looters are on that conviction list before I can believe Mr Magun or Mugun.

And by the way, if such huge amount has been recovered , how come Liar Muhammed and ameach have been singing the : Nigeria is broke' song?

E maa tan ara yin..
Sorry miss/Mrs, but has Comrade Adams Aliu Oshiomole ever stole your money or misused your tax to his government?
Re: EFCC Has Secured 140 Convictions, Recovered Billions Of Dollars In 6 Months-magu by ajebuter(f): 8:15am On May 28, 2016
kinginvalhala4:

Sorry miss/Mrs, but has Comrade Adams Aliu Oshiomole ever stole your money or misused your tax to his government?

No sir.. I strongly recommend 'sainthood' for him sir..

Happy now?
Re: EFCC Has Secured 140 Convictions, Recovered Billions Of Dollars In 6 Months-magu by kulrunsman79(m): 8:20am On May 28, 2016
Please give us their names and the amount returned. We are really tired of these undetailed assertions.

Meanwhile if billions were actually returned, why is Amechi and finance minister telling us that Nigeria is broke and can't fund the budget?
cool cool
Re: EFCC Has Secured 140 Convictions, Recovered Billions Of Dollars In 6 Months-magu by adeniyisamuel59(m): 8:24am On May 28, 2016
Yet, Nigeria is broke.
Re: EFCC Has Secured 140 Convictions, Recovered Billions Of Dollars In 6 Months-magu by mikywonder(m): 8:24am On May 28, 2016
Really
Re: EFCC Has Secured 140 Convictions, Recovered Billions Of Dollars In 6 Months-magu by Nobody: 8:25am On May 28, 2016
ajebuter:

Happy now?
every one knows the only reason oshiomole nominated Obaseki is to cover his tracks, lest what happened between okowa and uduaghan repeats itself with odubu, don't mind that one
Re: EFCC Has Secured 140 Convictions, Recovered Billions Of Dollars In 6 Months-magu by Nobody: 8:25am On May 28, 2016
Phooooooool! Hw come things are getting worse? Deluded bunch.
Re: EFCC Has Secured 140 Convictions, Recovered Billions Of Dollars In 6 Months-magu by gamunu: 8:32am On May 28, 2016
that what, will been hearing, and we are not seing the use of the money

1 Like

Re: EFCC Has Secured 140 Convictions, Recovered Billions Of Dollars In 6 Months-magu by pdpchangeapc(m): 8:33am On May 28, 2016
Then, what are you doing with the money? Why is the economy so bad when you always claim you recovered money?
Re: EFCC Has Secured 140 Convictions, Recovered Billions Of Dollars In 6 Months-magu by Btruth: 8:34am On May 28, 2016
Can we have evidence of those printed out in the daily news papers please?
Re: EFCC Has Secured 140 Convictions, Recovered Billions Of Dollars In 6 Months-magu by gcof(m): 8:35am On May 28, 2016
IDnoble1:

If you could say no one has been jailed then I will say its either you are not current or lack the truth due to sentiments.
please put me up to date and list the names of persons jailed under magu Efcc
Re: EFCC Has Secured 140 Convictions, Recovered Billions Of Dollars In 6 Months-magu by Nobody: 8:39am On May 28, 2016
ajebuter:

Happy now?

If that's you on your profile, I would have to term you matured. Don't allow propagandas on social media clouds your judgements. Having a first hand info is the best.

Good Day!
Re: EFCC Has Secured 140 Convictions, Recovered Billions Of Dollars In 6 Months-magu by ClintonDal(m): 8:40am On May 28, 2016
I sincerely hope this is all truth but knowing this current administration and their penchant for lies and propaganda I will take this with a pinch of salt.
This admin that will run to the media with any success would have long since published any conviction or return of billions of dollars as alleged.
They should look for a better story, majority of Nigerians would not believe this.
Re: EFCC Has Secured 140 Convictions, Recovered Billions Of Dollars In 6 Months-magu by Larryfest(m): 8:40am On May 28, 2016
But we are yet to see the effect of the recovered billions of dollars neither have we seen any jail time done...all we hear na trial trial trial!! Smh
Re: EFCC Has Secured 140 Convictions, Recovered Billions Of Dollars In 6 Months-magu by 1trillionlikes: 8:42am On May 28, 2016
ENDTIMEISNEAR:
Dullard Buhari with his Efcc men are Thiefs ,Criminals and Corrupt . you're fighting your oppositions not Corruption. why not probe those behind Apc 2015 campaign funds , thief Tinubu, thief Amaechi, Thief Oshomole, thief Rochas , thief Fashola and more.

You Old Dullard Buhari can never deceive Nigerians again, our eyes are wide open
all those you mentioned didn't collect from the federal government's purse.. Buhari is probing FG funds embezzled or stolen. Up till now he has not delved into state politics...... So it's normal for only the PDP bigwigs to be probed..... It's just like if this government is voted out for example in 2019, if the government then wanna probe the past administration, then you'll have names like Ameachi, Fashola, Fayemi, Osinbajo, Buhari, Dakuku and other APC bigwigs at the federal level........ Simple... Because Tinubu, Ameachi, Fashola, etc did not get money from the NSA, which waa to be used to fight terrorism and for negotiations
Re: EFCC Has Secured 140 Convictions, Recovered Billions Of Dollars In 6 Months-magu by Nobody: 8:42am On May 28, 2016
gcof:
please put me up to date and list the names of persons jailed under magu Efcc

Google it and you would be surprise.

Let me give you the recent high ranking one.
A former nimasa boss was only last week sentenced to 5 years in prison.
Re: EFCC Has Secured 140 Convictions, Recovered Billions Of Dollars In 6 Months-magu by tiredface: 8:44am On May 28, 2016
BILLION$? THOUGHT THIS GUY WENT TO CHINA FOR JUST 2BILLIONS. WHAT AM I MISSING HERE? PLS. HELP
Re: EFCC Has Secured 140 Convictions, Recovered Billions Of Dollars In 6 Months-magu by Nobody: 8:47am On May 28, 2016
2dugged:
every one knows the only reason oshiomole nominated Obaseki is to cover his tracks, lest what happened between okowa and uduaghan repeats itself with odubu, don't mind that one

And Peter obi also brought Willie Obiano to cover his tracks? except you wanna tell me it wasn't peter obi that single handedly installed obiano as anambra gov.

Donald Duke supported Liyel imoke to help him cover his tracks?

you know nothing babe, stop leaving in self inflicted fantasy.

Tell me, of all the contestants for Edo governorship election, tell me any that is more qualified than obaseki.
And please do with just a little of their qualification.
Re: EFCC Has Secured 140 Convictions, Recovered Billions Of Dollars In 6 Months-magu by Enyimbamercedes: 8:48am On May 28, 2016
kropotkin2:
See the only reason i bother you with this thread is for you to carefully checkout the reflection of the light bulbs in the room on Magu's skull. Guy if you need a clean shave like i do, Magu's barber is the man to consult cheesy Shege Magu. No nonsense grin

I actually thought they were horns!
Re: EFCC Has Secured 140 Convictions, Recovered Billions Of Dollars In 6 Months-magu by ajebuter(f): 8:48am On May 28, 2016
kinginvalhala4:

If that's you on your profile, I would have to term you matured. Don't allow propagandas on social media clouds your judgements. Having a first hand info is the best.

Good Day!

And don't allow sentiments and preference for one particular politician to blind you.

They are all corrupt however you look at them and I did not single out Mr oshiomole in my comment because I listed them across parties,so don't take it personal.

Social media propaganda doesn't sway me in any way, they are all thieves, simple.
Re: EFCC Has Secured 140 Convictions, Recovered Billions Of Dollars In 6 Months-magu by gcof(m): 8:48am On May 28, 2016
kinginvalhala4:

Google it and you would be surprise.

Let me give you the recent high ranking one.
A former nimasa boss was only last week sentenced to 5 years in prison.
the nimasa boss is equal to 140 names?
Re: EFCC Has Secured 140 Convictions, Recovered Billions Of Dollars In 6 Months-magu by shammah1(m): 8:48am On May 28, 2016
Lies upon lies. Where are the billions of dollars?
Re: EFCC Has Secured 140 Convictions, Recovered Billions Of Dollars In 6 Months-magu by cytellProperty: 8:49am On May 28, 2016
We only hear figures and see pictures, but it does not reflect in the standard of living of average Nigerian.
kropotkin2:
Within the last six months, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, secured more than 140 convictions and recovered billions of dollars in stolen funds from unscrupulous individuals, the anti-graft body’s chairman, Ibrahim Magu, has said.

Mr. Magu spoke Thursday at a rally organised by the EFCC to sensitise Nigerian schoolchildren and teenagers on the perils of corruption to national development.

In a statement signed Thursday by EFCC spokesman, Wilson Uwujaren, Mr. Magu said the agency also blocked several channels that people of questionable character used to launder their ill-gotten wealth.

‘‘In just six months of this year, we have secured over 140 convictions, including some elusive ‘high profile’ criminals. We have recovered billions of dollars worth of stolen funds and blocked numerous avenues of money laundering,’’ Mr. Magu said while speaking on a theme: ‘‘We Must Win The War on Corruption and Impunity.’’

Mr. Uwujaren later told PREMIUM TIMES that Mr. Magu meant “within the last six months”.

Mr. Magu said he is enlivened by the growing optimism of Nigerians in the fight against corruption.

‘‘Citizens are now more disposed to pre-emptively act against corruption; and where the act has been committed, they are willing to work with EFCC to fish out the criminals,” Mr. Magu said.

‘‘However, in order to ensure that justice is fully served to the victim, the perpetrator and the society, it is important for us all to continue to hold everyone in the justice delivery chain accountable.”

Mr. Magu urged the citizens to increase their scrutiny of the nation’s judiciary.

“Nigerians must also take more seriously their watchdog role over the judiciary to meet the yearnings of Nigerians for justice,’’ Mr. Magu said.

A former minister, Oby Ezekwesili, decried the miserable turn of events for Nigeria.

“Nigeria is a country that the whole world agreed had incredible potentials to be one of the leading countries of the world. As a matter of fact, at the time of Nigeria’s Independence, many around the world took a bet that Nigeria was the black nation that would likely put in hot pursuit all other nations of the world in terms of greatness that it had.

‘‘Sadly, 56 years after Independence, when some of those nations that took a bet on Nigeria look at what has become of the country, they ponder what has gone wrong. But what has gone wrong is what the EFCC has been established to tackle,’’ Mrs. Ezekwesili said.

Apart from youngsters in primary and secondary schools, Clean Hands Campaign drew a mammoth crowd of civil society actors in the fight against corruption, including Citizens for Anti-corruption Corps, Rivers State and the Patriotic Forum.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/204162-efcc-secured-140-convictions-recovered-billions-dollars-6-months-magu.html

Re: EFCC Has Secured 140 Convictions, Recovered Billions Of Dollars In 6 Months-magu by Nobody: 8:52am On May 28, 2016
kinginvalhala4:

And Peter obi also brought Willie Obiano to cover his tracks? except you wanna tell me it wasn't peter obi that single handedly installed obiano as anambra gov.

Donald Duke supported Liyel imoke to help him cover his tracks?

you know nothing babe, stop leaving in self inflicted fantasy.

Tell me, of all the contestants for Edo governorship election, tell me any that is more qualified than obaseki.
And please do with just a little of their qualification.
I have made my point, I don't need you to convince me other wise,if not that I see no reason the APC primaries has become a do or die affair,so don't talk like you and oshiomole stay in the same house, park well Mr defence attorney

1 Like

Re: EFCC Has Secured 140 Convictions, Recovered Billions Of Dollars In 6 Months-magu by Nobody: 8:53am On May 28, 2016
gcof:
the nimasa boss is equal to 140 names?

Mr man, stop asking me stvpid questions. I gave you a link, its your commonsense to know what to ask Google.

Its your type that calls buhari a dullard when you can't even even Google.

Go to Google.com, type "who is the former nimasa boss that was recently sentenced to 5 years in prison"
Re: EFCC Has Secured 140 Convictions, Recovered Billions Of Dollars In 6 Months-magu by Nobody: 8:55am On May 28, 2016
2dugged:
I have made my point, I don't need you to convince me other wise,if not that I see no reason the APC primaries has become a do or die affair,so don't talk like you and oshiomole stay in the same house, park well Mr defence attorney

I thought you had something upstairs.
I wouldn't had descented so low to quoting you.

I'm sorry!
Re: EFCC Has Secured 140 Convictions, Recovered Billions Of Dollars In 6 Months-magu by BIAFRANFLAG(m): 8:57am On May 28, 2016
kropotkin2:
Within the last six months, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, secured more than 140 convictions and recovered billions of dollars in stolen funds from unscrupulous individuals, the anti-graft body’s chairman, Ibrahim Magu, has said.

Mr. Magu spoke Thursday at a rally organised by the EFCC to sensitise Nigerian schoolchildren and teenagers on the perils of corruption to national development.

In a statement signed Thursday by EFCC spokesman, Wilson Uwujaren, Mr. Magu said the agency also blocked several channels that people of questionable character used to launder their ill-gotten wealth.

‘‘In just six months of this year, we have secured over 140 convictions, including some elusive ‘high profile’ criminals. We have recovered billions of dollars worth of stolen funds and blocked numerous avenues of money laundering,’’ Mr. Magu said while speaking on a theme: ‘‘We Must Win The War on Corruption and Impunity.’’

Mr. Uwujaren later told PREMIUM TIMES that Mr. Magu meant “within the last six months”.

Mr. Magu said he is enlivened by the growing optimism of Nigerians in the fight against corruption.

‘‘Citizens are now more disposed to pre-emptively act against corruption; and where the act has been committed, they are willing to work with EFCC to fish out the criminals,” Mr. Magu said.

‘‘However, in order to ensure that justice is fully served to the victim, the perpetrator and the society, it is important for us all to continue to hold everyone in the justice delivery chain accountable.”

Mr. Magu urged the citizens to increase their scrutiny of the nation’s judiciary.

“Nigerians must also take more seriously their watchdog role over the judiciary to meet the yearnings of Nigerians for justice,’’ Mr. Magu said.

A former minister, Oby Ezekwesili, decried the miserable turn of events for Nigeria.

“Nigeria is a country that the whole world agreed had incredible potentials to be one of the leading countries of the world. As a matter of fact, at the time of Nigeria’s Independence, many around the world took a bet that Nigeria was the black nation that would likely put in hot pursuit all other nations of the world in terms of greatness that it had.

‘‘Sadly, 56 years after Independence, when some of those nations that took a bet on Nigeria look at what has become of the country, they ponder what has gone wrong. But what has gone wrong is what the EFCC has been established to tackle,’’ Mrs. Ezekwesili said.

Apart from youngsters in primary and secondary schools, Clean Hands Campaign drew a mammoth crowd of civil society actors in the fight against corruption, including Citizens for Anti-corruption Corps, Rivers State and the Patriotic Forum.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/204162-efcc-secured-140-convictions-recovered-billions-dollars-6-months-magu.html

MOUTH-ACTION

1 Like

Re: EFCC Has Secured 140 Convictions, Recovered Billions Of Dollars In 6 Months-magu by Nobody: 8:59am On May 28, 2016
kinginvalhala4:

I thought you had something upstairs.
I wouldn't had descented so low to quoting you.

I'm sorry!
swerve, we all know your type,since you are quick to rush to the defense of a politician, not everyone will blindly defend except they are getting crumbs, hehehehe, kwotinue rushing to his defense, yeye dey smell,btw,you didn't answer why the primaries turned bloody, since you know oshiomole very well mteeeew, Mr defence attorney
Re: EFCC Has Secured 140 Convictions, Recovered Billions Of Dollars In 6 Months-magu by Nobody: 9:03am On May 28, 2016
ajebuter:

And don't allow sentiments and preference for one particular politician to blind you.

They are all corrupt however you look at them and I did not single out Mr oshiomole in my comment because I listed them across parties,so don't take it personal.

Social media propaganda doesn't sway me in any way, they are all thieves, simple.
I leave you with your reasoning.

Bye and hope you weren't offended by my choice of words.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo Commissions Some Projects In Zamfara State (Photos) / Heavens Won’t Fall If Buhari Prosecutes Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project –Sagay / 2019: Why I Decamped To APC – Uduaghan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.