Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari (15105 Views)

Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land / Reps To Buhari: Suspend Ban On Importation Of Cars Through Land Borders. / Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by Bethelwealthy(m): 9:21am On May 29, 2016
...........and you and your gatherings-of-puke wasted it on foreign travels to countries that has nothing ti give but to even beg for contract. Is that why even the real business people and importer are denied forwx to do good businesses?? Trial-by-error govt.

5 Likes

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by kannymoore(m): 9:24am On May 29, 2016
all you guys on top of me..

if after reading this exhaustive article and the best you could come up are these empty half spirited comments that can't counter or prefer better solutions to the presidents problems then I'm really sorry for y'all.

for real.

3 Likes

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by eph12(m): 9:24am On May 29, 2016
Is Mr Buhari still calling the people he swore to protect soft targets? It would have been better if he didn't mention it at all

6 Likes

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by Bethelwealthy(m): 9:24am On May 29, 2016
we have a profession called COMMENTATOR, we now have LAMENTATORS too grin

3 Likes

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by safarigirl(f): 9:25am On May 29, 2016
And this government plans to waste Forex on importation of grass....for cows....COWS!

16 Likes

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by BankeSmalls(f): 9:25am On May 29, 2016
By the time Buhari will finish with this country, trekking will be the major mode of transportation.

5 Likes

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by Xtopher123(m): 9:26am On May 29, 2016
Wasnt titbjn the past Government that we Topped the Economy List? Can someone check our position for me now please..

Cos probably we should be around 10th

1 Like

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by Nicur: 9:26am On May 29, 2016
this man is a slow poke

8 Likes

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by BankeSmalls(f): 9:27am On May 29, 2016
safarigirl:
And this government plans to waste Forex on importation of grass....for cows....COWS!

He owns a lot of cows

3 Likes

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by amclimax(m): 9:30am On May 29, 2016
Sorry yo say this buhari is a mad man

6 Likes

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by babestella: 9:32am On May 29, 2016
Hahahaha, Buhari is a complete failure who on came into power to steal & kill. Many Nigerians have lost their dreams and aspirations because of this tyrant.

One thing I'm sure of, God knows how to deal with tyrants like him and in fullness of time he'll get a deserving slap from God. Watch out, it'll soon happen.

6 Likes

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by Uzor1904(m): 9:32am On May 29, 2016
Bubu haven't we suffered enough??

3 Likes

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by wiegraf: 9:32am On May 29, 2016
i'm surprised he didn't mention the illuminati

1 Like

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by kingsamosy(m): 9:33am On May 29, 2016
This man is laughable. What will they gain by all this stupid blame game after a year in office.

6 Likes

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by Nobody: 9:36am On May 29, 2016
Goddex:
This Buhari is laughable, I swear.

Who are this man's media advisers?

For godsake, those tactics of blaming his incompetence on past administration have become stale and disgusting

Honestly even a child born lat year knows how the ineffectual buffoon called GEJ damaged this country but to time and time again read how Buhari and this government blames issues on them is some what tiring and uninspiring.
Seriously enough already them and then get things working seriously!!
Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by semoly(m): 9:39am On May 29, 2016
nigerians been killing themself since 1960
Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by eph12(m): 9:41am On May 29, 2016
You were a military Head of State; you contested elections several times, and became president last year. What are your thoughts on your administration in the last one year?

We came into power at a very difficult time. We discovered too late that we had put ourselves as a nation in a mono-economy, depending only on petroleum. From 1999 to 2013, the average cost of Nigeria crude oil per barrel was $100. Unfortunately, when we came in, it had reduced to an average of about only $30. We suddenly discovered that we are depending on petroleum; we import virtually everything, including food.
It's common knowledge that Nigeria solely depend on crude oil. If APC didn't know this before deciding to contest for the last election then they weren't prepared for life after election then. They were just interested in winning the election. They had so many people that have served in government and many others still serving in government then and they didn't know this? This is more serious than I think. I still have faith that this present administration can turn things around tho

2 Likes

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by CountDracula(m): 9:42am On May 29, 2016
saintgwizard:
Lamentations of a confused leader.

You now blame the economist for your shortsightedness.

Dubbed outcome of national sovergn conference a trash.

Blamed everybody and everything but youself for the decay and lack of direction.

The masses will soon get to their breaking point. Then you will know that leaders are as powerless as a fly when the citizens revolt.

What rubbish are u trashing... Have u discussed wit an economist bfor? And wat masses are u talkin abt? I don't knw why some idiots see violence as a solution to problems. Dis is how everythng went to trash. If d avengers cud keep calm and allow d man work won't we see some improvemnts? Dis is is 1st year for God's sake. What has their blowin up everythng added to d lives of d people?

1 Like

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by teaser101: 9:44am On May 29, 2016
moneybag100:
Chai, is this government not tired of finger pointing game?
Wasted one year on accusations without no meaningful things done.
If you were working and accusing past administration people will support you but how can you gain support when your government is worse than the one you are trying to paint bad.

Kai, how I take fall mugun vote for this kind government na him I no come understand o.
lol

3 Likes

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by Nobody: 9:46am On May 29, 2016
wiegraf:
i'm surprised he didn't mention the illuminati
Lolol. Of course he did. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by CountDracula(m): 9:47am On May 29, 2016
735i:
Mr. President....
The past one year has been one of untold hardship. Your party and your "humble" self have reneged on virtually all your campaign promises.

You had ample time to prepare whilst you were campaining..but you obviously didn't prepare to rule as you were more interested in getting power by any means possible..

Your scorecard in the last 365 days is a perfect reflection of a man without a sense of direction...

Dear Mohammed Buhari... You have failed Nigerians...but most of all...you failed yourself.

Bow your head in shame!!!

Bros I wish u wud reason deeper. For some reason nigerians expect promises to be met at once, immediately, we're over 150million, dats 150million problems... How's dat supposed to be solved in a year? I wud admit his blame game is really unecessary but dis man is workin, instead of concludin dat he has failed why not wait till he's done atleast 2-3years... I'm tired of all dis whinning and whinning. Ure not a woman. Come on!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by Nobody: 9:59am On May 29, 2016
What can I do with this kind of information? Past is past tense. He should deal with the present situation.

1 Like

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by Nobody: 10:03am On May 29, 2016
CountDracula:

Bros I wish u wud reason deeper. For some reason nigerians expect promises to be met at once, immediately, we're over 150million, dats 150million problems... How's dat supposed to be solved in a year? I wud admit his blame game is really unecessary but dis man is workin, instead of concludin dat he has failed why not wait till he's done atleast 2-3years... I'm tired of all dis whinning and whinning. Ure not a woman. Come on!
I think it's you who need reason deeper. He's simply saying the man should stop complaining and do his job like Zidane did with Madrid. And if he was prepared to rule he wouldn't take 5 months in choosing ministers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by chukzyblingz(m): 10:04am On May 29, 2016
Always dodging any questions on Fulani herdsmen and some people say this is a president. God punish any Southerner that support this wicked man that puts the selfish interest of his tribe and religion above the life of millions of other Nigerians that are not from his tribe and religion.

2 Likes

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by ukchy: 10:05am On May 29, 2016
As Nigeria celebrates its democracy day today and the first anniversary of the present government, May 29, these are five of the many things you need to know about the current state of the largest economy in Africa.

1. Before the current government took over, Nigeria was the third fastest growing economy in the world after China and Qatar. Today, that has become a history.
2. Though Nigeria remains the biggest economy in Africa measured in GDP, it will soon be overtaken by South Africa.
3. The current administration inherited an external reserve of over 34 billion US dollars just a year ago. Today, Nigeria's external reserve is 26 billion US dollars. That is, a recorded 26% (approximately) contraction.
4. This government inherited 22 largest economy in the world with a GDP of 568,508 billion US dollars, just a year ago. Today, Nigeria has fallen to 24 largest economy in the world with a GDP of 490,207 billion US dollars.
5. Before the inception of this government, Nigeria was a haven for foreign investors and multinational companies, just a year ago. Today, these investors are leaving the country in an unprecedented rate - attached link will further assist you.

As you celebrate this government's one year in office, just pause for a moment and ask yourself this question: with the way the Nigerian economy is being managed by the present administration, what will be its fate by May 29 2019? A country with a booming economy, just a year ago, is about to become a bankrupt fiefdom.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-05-27/british-airways-evaluates-its-nigeria-routes-on-traffic-dollar

WHEN DULLARD IS IN AUTHORITY PEOPLE MUST SUFFER
ONE YEAR BACK TO 1985...3 REMAINING YEARS? BACK TO ......
APC.....LET THE BLAME CONTINUE

3 Likes

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by CountDracula(m): 10:10am On May 29, 2016
Reyginus:
I think it's you who needs reason deeper. He's simply saying the man should stop complaining and do his job like Zidane did with Madrid. And if he was prepared to rule he wouldn't take 5 months in choosing ministers.

So because it took time to "appoint, not choose" ministers it means he's not ready to work? Haba! As a president u cannot afford to leave d people ure governin in d dark, there has to b social/press platforms, and coachin a football team of max 25players isn't exactly d same as makin d lives of a 150million persons better... Wat I'm sayin is he's not selling beans in aso rock, so let him work. Wen he's done we wil give him report card filled wit all our regrets and curses if he doesn't do well or blessings and good wishes if he does great

1 Like

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by FXCRAFT: 10:11am On May 29, 2016
CountDracula:

Are you saying Buhari is the only Nigerian who works without results to show? Please be serious and stop this sychophancy; it's nauseating.

Rather than clamour for the government to sit up and stop the blame game, you're blinded to think that the militancy scourge we're faced with did not emanate from the 97% comment.

3 Likes

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by AreaFada2: 10:15am On May 29, 2016
It does not matter what we spend forex on.

Whether tooth picks, medical treatment abroad, sending your kids to school abroad or doing wedding/birthday abroad. All are equally bad.

What matters is to generally do things at home: manufacture, education, built good hospitals.

At least GEJ built 16 universities to encourage education in 9ja.

If you stop importing toothpicks but cannot provide fuel, jobs, light or economic progress, what use is it? shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by AreaFada2: 10:18am On May 29, 2016
CountDracula:

Well, we hold people to their promises.

Why promise what you cannot deliver, with your promised time frame?

Did we force APC/Bubu to make campaign promises at gunpoint?
Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by CountDracula(m): 10:20am On May 29, 2016
FXCRAFT:

Are you saying Buhari is the only Nigerian who works without results to show? Please be serious and stop this sychophancy; it's nauseating.

Rather than clamour for the government to sit up and stop the blame game, you're blinded to think that the militancy scourge we're faced with did not emanate from the 97% comment.

Bfor u mention someone pls read wat dey wrote well and try to understand... Ure talkin as if uve been to his office and u saw him napping or arrangin some halloween party or smthng... is it not work he's been doin since he became president, because uve not seen d positive results doesn't mean he's not doin anythng. Just calm ur tits, all ur ravin and clamourin wil simply give u headaches. Calm down, let him finish or atleast get to 2-3years, if u want to hire a league of assassins den I won't utter a word to stop u. Dats ws my major point.
Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by noblegrex: 10:24am On May 29, 2016
RedCapChief:
One year after, Buhari is still telling us what past governments did.
For God's sake, just get to work!

If a man's house is set ablaze, does he not put out the fire first before looking for those who burnt his house.
oho ooo I can see. So you knew a mans' house that's burnt needed to be quenched first. Yet you people are not patient enough for the fire to be quenched or how its quenched but all you needed is renovations for a burning house that's yet to be quenched.how does that. work Use your head very well. You sound smart
Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by Nobody: 10:25am On May 29, 2016
Seriously this point of blame is now stale and annoying... Someone should advice the president to stop using those lines on Interviews and speech...Jonathan did not blame OBJ and OBJ did not blame Abacha...so i dont see any point in his excuse...one year is gone and u are still Blaming past goverment...the problem of Nigeria did not start IN GEJ tenure ...What about all Abacha looted funds..he never mentioned it as part of the looting...

But let me ask, since one year following the economic downturn How many investors have we lost and following bombings in NIger delta how much do we loose on daily basis.. U see this what happens when u chase the past and forget about the present

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Meets Yoweri Museveni (Photo) / Ihedioha Orders Compulsory Teaching Of Igbo Language In Schools / Tolu Ibitola: Fayemi's Aide Shares Palliatives To Party Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.