Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,561 members, 7,827,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari (15109 Views)

Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land / Reps To Buhari: Suspend Ban On Importation Of Cars Through Land Borders. / Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by CountDracula(m): 10:26am On May 29, 2016
AreaFada2:

Well, we hold people to their promises.

Why promise what you cannot deliver, with your promised time frame?

Did we force APC/Bubu to make campaign promises at gunpoint?

Did he promise to turn everythng to great within a year?
Being a president is not d same as being an aspirant, there were things dey didn't knw abt wen dey were campaignin, things dt cud delay their initial strategy or even alter it, if u want to hold someone to a promise atleast let dem fail d promise 1st, dis is 1/4 of his years on d "throne"... If u become president one day I wudnt hold u to a campaign promise in ur 1st year... Dats just absurd. Even God didn't create everythng in one day
Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by RedCapChief(m): 10:28am On May 29, 2016
noblegrex:
oho ooo I can see. So you knew a mans' house that's burnt needed to be quenched first. Yet you people are not patient enough for the fire to be quenched or how its quenched but all you needed is renovations for a burning house that's yet to be quenched.how does that. work Use your head very well. You sound smart
Yes. Unfortunately Buhari seems to have another set of priorities. The fact that he started arresting looters before appointing ministers shows that the economy is not on his to-do list.
This is his tenure. I'm tired of hearing the failures of past governments; just what actions he is taking to solve them

1 Like

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by Nobody: 10:31am On May 29, 2016
noblegrex:
oho ooo I can see. So you knew a mans' house that's burnt needed to be quenched first. Yet you people are not patient enough for the fire to be quenched or how its quenched but all you needed is renovations for a burning house that's yet to be quenched.how does that. work Use your head very well. You sound smart
u too should use ur sense..if u cant analyse a wise man saying then u should keep quiet. Buhari is busy chasing those that placed the house on Fire and forgot the fire should be quenched first..

1 Like

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by marshallkiz1: 10:32am On May 29, 2016
in his 1 year of rule, PMB has demostrated an alpha act of cluelesness, lack of direction in his administration and good @ blaming others, he has by these proven to have a dead brain as Mama Peace mentioned, the best advice to him is to honourably resign and return back to daura for he has failed Nigerians in all circle. SHAME ON YOU DULANDIHO MUHAMADU BUHARI !!!
Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by AreaFada2: 10:32am On May 29, 2016
CountDracula:

Being a president is not d same as being an aspirant, there were things dey didn't knw abt wen dey were campaignin, things dt cud delay their initial strategy or even alter it, if u want to hold someone to a promise atleast let dem fail d promise 1st, dis is 1/4 of his years on d "throne"... If u become president one day I wudnt hold u to a campaign promise in ur 1st year... Dats just absurd. Even God didn't create everythng in one day
Yep.
Chibok girls within 3 months, sort light within 6 months since power is not rocket science.
They campaigned on a lie & deception ticket. They should suck up even more missiles thrown at them.

We hold him onto what he promised within set time frames.

Around 900k jobs yearly. Where are the jobs for the first year?

1 Like

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by Nobody: 10:34am On May 29, 2016
scachy:
Oya zombies let me hear u say amen

Those prayers they uttered during GEJ regime.

I will rather have God run my Life like GEJ regime than Buhari regime.

I bought rice N90 a cup yesterday. It was N50 under GEJ last year.

Booharry is an economic suicide bomber and destroyer.

2 Likes

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by Ratello: 10:34am On May 29, 2016
Honestly speaking I feel for this man, if anyone takes the pain to read the whole piece, you will understand my point. Nigeria needs sincere deliverance, in all sincerity Buhari naied it in this mind blowing interview. How I wished, a military junta is the one in charge, how can contractors collect huge billions from CBN in the name of importing valuable items into the Country only to end up diverting 70% of such sums into their pockets while importing rice, wheats, millets, toothpicks, tomato puree paste, into the Country. I swear no Country can ever develop like that.

Truly, we need to have "firing squads poles" erected across the Country once again. Times are hard, oju aja n seje!
Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by Nobody: 10:35am On May 29, 2016
Goahead:
Buhari is national curse! Synonym of hunger, suffering, bloodshed and chauvinistic dotard.... May 29th should be remembered as a memorial day of agony!

Endorsed !
Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by 735i(m): 10:36am On May 29, 2016
CountDracula:

Bros I wish u wud reason deeper. For some reason nigerians expect promises to be met at once, immediately, we're over 150million, dats 150million problems... How's dat supposed to be solved in a year? I wud admit his blame game is really unecessary but dis man is workin, instead of concludin dat he has failed why not wait till he's done atleast 2-3years... I'm tired of all dis whinning and whinning. Ure not a woman. Come on!
In financial analysis...there are factors called "leading indicators"...these things tell you where a company or an economy is headed.
Right now, Nigeria's leading indicators are negative... Revenue sources are declining, power generation which is supposed to aid businesses hits zero from time to time..
Yet the cost of running the government is at an all time high...
The reason why economies fail is because they don't address issues when they should...
From devaluation to deregulation...everything has been trial and error...at the cost of the ordinary man's suffering...
You can quote me in a year's time...."If we do not address our present situation squarely right now,....we will be worse of than Venezuela"

Let us keep blaming the previous administration...we'll see where it leads us to...

P.S; Yes I'm not a woman...so I'll ignore your last sentence.

1 Like

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by marshallkiz1: 10:41am On May 29, 2016
CountDracula:

bia dis man use ur head and stop posting nonsence here, during Jonathan's 1 year in office, was the economy as bad as this? Since you're still supporting the dullard why not advice him to diversify the economy and stop pointing accusing fingers on others. Mcheeeew!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by 9jatatafo(m): 10:42am On May 29, 2016
Then let PMB set up tooth pick manufacturing companies in Nigeria. Always blaming past governments for everything. You promised us change and not blame

3 Likes

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by Nobody: 10:42am On May 29, 2016
kannymoore:
all you guys on top of me..

if after reading this exhaustive article and the best you could come up are these empty half spirited comments that can't counter or prefer better solutions to the presidents problems then I'm really sorry for y'all.

for real.

Who pays you to profer solutions for booharry ?

Has he listened to members of his cabinet ?

Let him continue blaming Jonathan. There lies his solution .

2 Likes

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by king94(m): 10:48am On May 29, 2016
Can't you stop talking about the last administration. We didn't vote you in to tell us what they did but rather to fix it.

2 Likes

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by Nobody: 10:51am On May 29, 2016
.............AND the blame game continues! Watching in 3D.........! Like if you came to read comments too!

3 Likes

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by Nobody: 11:00am On May 29, 2016
CountDracula:

So because it took time to "appoint, not choose" ministers it means he's not ready to work? Haba! As a president u cannot afford to leave d people ure governin in d dark, there has to b social/press platforms, and coachin a football team of max 25players isn't exactly d same as makin d lives of a 150million persons better... Wat I'm sayin is he's not selling beans in aso rock, so let him work. Wen he's done we wil give him report card filled wit all our regrets and curses if he doesn't do well or blessings and good wishes if he does great

If you have had the priviledge of working under an illiterate boss, you will appreciate the way booharry reasons. You will be ridicled for your input.

Booharry does not believe in Team work. He does not trust in the people he works with. He took so long to appoint ministers because he wanted to personally audit every ministry by himself using the sitting permanent secretaries. It was at this point that he was asked about ministers in an interview and he said his mind, that ministers are noise makers.

If Jonathan govt was so bad, how come the price of one cup of rice has risen in one year from N50 under Jonathan to N90 under Buhari ?

The Nigerian economy is under destruction.

1 Like

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by Spinojaja26: 11:03am On May 29, 2016
Stop blaming past leaders and do something Nigerians are dying due to your kakitocracy

1 Like

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by Nobody: 11:07am On May 29, 2016
AreaFada2:
It does not matter what we spend forex on.

Whether tooth picks, medical treatment abroad, sending your kids to school abroad or doing wedding/birthday abroad. All are equally bad.

What matters is to generally do things at home: manufacture, education, built good hospitals.

At least GEJ built 16 universities to encourage education in 9ja.

If you stop importing toothpicks but cannot provide fuel, jobs, light or economic progress, what use is it? shocked shocked

Ask him how much is toothpick.

I have been using N20 toothpick in my house since January 2016. That is 5 months. It is not every meal that requires using a toothpick.

Buharry keeps displaying extreme depths of illiteracy with every comment he makes. He cant make a comment without calling Jonathan.

No solutions whatsoever just blame game. Nigerians are in it.

6 Likes

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by tonguengineer(m): 11:07am On May 29, 2016
We don enter this damnation bus already na to pray say make we land at a glorious destination remain. Nigeria is in hot soup under the leadership of dullard into and to my amazement Femi Adesina the bubu spokesperson still think otherwise plus the presidio cum av hear problem again so can u know see that we re on a long thing
Prices of food are touching the roof already
No job
No light
Gross retrenchment
Economy Holocaust
Nigeria is finished

2 Likes

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by heritage2009(m): 11:07am On May 29, 2016
Enough of the blame game[color=#550000][/color].

2 Likes

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by emmcrown(m): 11:10am On May 29, 2016
All these ones na tori. Because you promised heaven and earth during your campaign to do everything within one year as if you are a magician. You better stop the blame game and start work. Confused government.

1 Like

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by Abeymills(m): 11:13am On May 29, 2016
I work wit d fiscal policy department of a federal government arm of successive govts including dis current clueless dullard president am aware severally advance n policies dat would have propelled dis economy n Nigeria as a whole great yet again but Mr president would never listen nor does he understand its advantages and honestly over d years have never seen were in d common external tarrif book where either obj nor late Yaradua may his humble soul rip nor Jonathan of his grace by God approve has it in d tarrif book nor any of its fiscal policy now I say 2u Mr president yet again u lie again 2d public 2hide ur incompetence n disrespect 4all arms of govt yeye govt

2 Likes

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by glossy6(f): 11:14am On May 29, 2016
I beg helep me ask Bubu what he has imported so far abi na only Libyans?
Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by BankeSmalls(f): 11:18am On May 29, 2016
EMMAUGOH:
Seriously this point of blame is now stale and annoying... Someone should advice the president to stop using those lines on Interviews and speech...Jonathan did not blame OBJ and OBJ did not blame Abacha...so i dont see any point in his excuse...one year is gone and u are still Blaming past goverment...the problem of Nigeria did not start IN GEJ tenure ...What about all Abacha looted funds..he never mentioned it as part of the looting...

But let me ask, since one year following the economic downturn How many investors have we lost and following bombings in NIger delta how much do we loose on daily basis.. U see this what happens when u chase the past and forget about the present

He is empty upstairs, the only thing he has in his head is PDP.
Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by Oracle16(m): 11:20am On May 29, 2016
Mr President, is that why you want to waste yours on importation of grass for fulani herdsmen.... Atleast the tooth pick was for all. My friend, stop the blame game, it's obvious you are not competent, please humbly resign.
Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by BankeSmalls(f): 11:21am On May 29, 2016
Naughtysite:

Ask him how much is toothpick.

I have been using N20 toothpick in my house since January 2016. That is 5 months. It is not every meal that requires using a toothpick.

Buharry keeps displaying extreme depths of illiteracy with every comment he makes. He cant make a comment without calling Jonathan.

No solutions whatsoever just blame game. Nigerians are in it.

Why won't he think toothpick only, remember his gap tooth grin
Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by Charles545: 11:22am On May 29, 2016
so y'all know.... a toothpick company is now in Nigeria
Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by BankeSmalls(f): 11:23am On May 29, 2016
Oracle16:
Mr President, is that why want to waste yours on importation of grass for fulani herdsmen.... My friend, stop the blame game, it's obvious you are not competent, please humbly resign.

No resignation, this man must continue to suffer us for another 7 years at least. So that next time we see an aspiring president refusing to show his certificate or debate publicly, we shall know he is incompetent.
Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by BankeSmalls(f): 11:25am On May 29, 2016
Charles545:
so y'all know.... a toothpick company is now in Nigeria

So when is a grass company opening in Nigeria?

We need to supply fulani herdsmen with sweet grass grin
Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by Nobody: 11:25am On May 29, 2016
CountDracula:

So because it took time to "appoint, not choose" ministers it means he's not ready to work? Haba! As a president u cannot afford to leave d people ure governin in d dark, there has to b social/press platforms, and coachin a football team of max 25players isn't exactly d same as makin d lives of a 150million persons better... Wat I'm sayin is he's not selling beans in aso rock, so let him work. Wen he's done we wil give him report card filled wit all our regrets and curses if he doesn't do well or blessings and good wishes if he does great
You don't seem to understand what thinking deeper really means. No serious President in this Universe will take five months to appoint his ministers. It's actually seven months.

An intelligent and serious leader, who knows what's at stake, who talked about the destruction of the system by the last govt, will produce his ministers the first week he was inaugurated.

It's like a medical doctor who applied for work in a particular hospital citing that the doctor there has a poor sense of medicine resulting in the deterioration of the Patients ailing health. Now this doctor is given the Job.

Instead of mobilizing his team and begin work immediately he choose to do nothing expecting that his credentials (Body Language) will restore everything to normalcy.

The Patients got worse and he did nothing. After seven months he comes in with same tainted men it was speculated he'd call. Now what's absence of seriousness? How do you think deep and don't see ignorance here?

This is not a report card. You don't wait to his final year before you tell a year two student who scored F in the major courses to sit up. Asking him to do this is not the same thing as his report card even though we know these F's must be included in his report card.

And again when this same person who's done so bad begins to blame everyone but himself it becomes even more preposterous. Why not ask for a stop to the blame game? Why should you support a student who's done so bad to insult every other person? Who should be spanked? And you talk about think deep? Smh.
Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by Nobody: 11:33am On May 29, 2016
I can strongly say that you are a coward sir, if you can't blame obasanjo n Yaradua and even many before the for importing toothpick but putting all blames on Jonathan for everything, the same GEJ u said u won't be probing, double speaking is nothing but a weakness

1 Like

Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by henrynick(m): 11:35am On May 29, 2016
Truckpusher:
This guy called Buhari never ceases to amaze me.I guess this is another shiit from his stables of horse shiit to keep his zombified idiots across a certain region happy while chanting " Istandwithbuhari" even as they queue everyday to buy fuel while paying shege for staple food.

Buhari is a total failure I swear.

If God refuses to punish the people that voted for this crazy 73 year old man , then he's a God of injustice.

He blesses those that blesses people and curse those that curse others......starting from you he will.....we Thank God that he's not an ijebu man or a pained starved Bleep face like you that come up every now and then and speak ill of your president under just 1year in power em be merlin......you guys are fucking ridiculous...Una prayer nah make em fail? Just sit back and watch how this movie ends
Re: Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari by BankeSmalls(f): 11:37am On May 29, 2016
phemierowl:
I can strongly say that you are a coward sir, if you can't blame obasanjo n Yaradua and even many before the for importing toothpick but putting all blames on Jonathan for everything, the same GEJ u said u won't be probing, double speaking is nothing but a weakness

He failed to blame himself for the N2.8m loss in 1978.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Meets Yoweri Museveni (Photo) / Ikpeazu To Build Osisioma Flyover, First Ever Flyover In Abia State / Governor Obaseki Celebrates One Year In Office, Akeredolu & Amaechi Spotted (Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.