Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:14 AM

The Dead End Of Nigeria: The Realities And Way Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Dead End Of Nigeria: The Realities And Way Out (299 Views)

Coalition For Nigeria – The Urgency Of Now! By Donald Duke / Biafra : The Vision The Excitement And The Realities / Okorocha Is Back: "I Went To The Land Of The Dead, Ancestors Turned Me Back" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Dead End Of Nigeria: The Realities And Way Out by timibofa1: 7:07am On May 29, 2016
It is usually said that, the last words of man are usually powerful and prophetic in nature.
History is replete with names of men and women who made statements few days or years before their demise and how such statements have played out. The present events in Nigeria have indeed attracted me to words of the prolific Nigerian novelist of blessed memory Chinua Achebe. The widely celebrated before his journey to his ancestors made heart touching comments that came in the form of a Memoir where he said THERE WAS A COUNTRY. while Achebe's focus may be the old Biafra but considering his work psychoanalytically he was not to actually referring to Biafra only but Nigeria. In other words, after a few years in the history of Nigeria historians will say indeed there was a country called Nigerian. In other words, if the present plays are not properly directed with wisdom it may put us apart, after all, the old forced marriage is long over due. We all pray for one Nigeria but with the present state of things, the government had better divide the country into Republic of Biafra/ Niger Delta Republic which will made of Delta state, Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa-Ibom, Cross Rivers, Edo, Imo, Abia, Enugu, Ebonyi, Anambra; Western Republic which will be made of all the Western states and finally Northern states Republic which will be made up of all the northern states. If the government cannot do it this way then, let us practice a confederal system of government where we shall have a loosed center with the confederating states stronger. By this, I think,thousands of souls will have been saved. I am a proud Bayelsan from Southern Ijaw Local Area who does not believe in division but for the sake of peace.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Impossible' Fight Against 'niger Delta Avengers-buhari Can't On His Own / Senate Seeks Special Bailout For Teachers’ / Africa Has Come A Long Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.