Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names (23874 Views)

Buhari Makes An APC Chieftain Laugh Out Loud (Photos) / Information Ministry To Spend N661m On Travelling And refreshments / Recession: 3 Nigerian National Assets Buhari Must Not Sell- RMAFC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names by ramond700: 12:15pm On May 29, 2016
Thought they said he is a saint??

2 Likes

Re: Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names by papaejima1: 12:15pm On May 29, 2016
Chai
As usual he starts his 2nd year in office with a cancelled promise.
Shame.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names by bzeey(m): 12:16pm On May 29, 2016
Our dear minister of misinformation, we hope you won't tell lies dis tym around and over-exaggerate it as if you re a saint.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names by modath(f): 12:16pm On May 29, 2016
Ratello:
Mo my baby come over let's make up on this thread I got good things for you.

Happy Sunday, even if I no wan answer, who go say no to good things? smiley

Where e dey?
Re: Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names by Pangea: 12:16pm On May 29, 2016
Honestly!
The man is hopeless!
Re: Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names by tempest01(m): 12:21pm On May 29, 2016
worksmart:
I don't recall Buhari promising that he would announce names during his speech

Lol zombie alert
Re: Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names by ibadanfinest(m): 12:21pm On May 29, 2016
If they eventually publish those names thru lai Mohammed, it therefore means they are trying to make the man relevant again. He seems to have lost his relevance as people no longer take him serious.

But this could also be a delay tactics on the part of the govt to recover more loot and announce a bigger figure.

Having said that. am still disappointed ..

Thus far the dullard has failed but that does not absolve GEJ of being a clueless ineffectual buffoon. Its just that Buhari is a bigger clueless ineffectual buffoon.

He has 3 years to prove me wrong

1 Like

Re: Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names by ShowYourCertificate: 12:22pm On May 29, 2016
worksmart:
I don't recall Buhari promising that he would announce names during his speech
President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday announced that he will name looters of public funds in a speech he intends to deliver on May 29.

Buhari told journalists on the sideline of the Anti-Corruption Summit holding in London, that such corrupt individuals will be prosecuted.

He said: “So far, what has come out, what has been recovered in whatever currency from each ministries, departments and individuals.

“I intend on the 29th to speak on this because all Nigerians are getting from the mass media because of the number of people arrested either by the EFCC, DSS. But we want to make a comprehensive report on the 29th.”

On whether the names of those indicted will be published, he said: “Yes, eventually, it has to be done because we want to successfully prosecute them. But you know you cannot go to the courts unless you have documents for prosecution.

“People signed for these monies into their personal accounts, their banks gave statements that the money is there, when it came, how much and so on.”

Reacting to the allegation of selective prosecution, Buhari stated: “That is an accusation against the law enforcement agencies. But I assure you that we do not interfere. Try and get those who are now under arrest, you will find out it is across the board.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/05/14/i-will-name-looters-of-nigerias-money-on-may-29-buhari/
Re: Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names by slap1(m): 12:26pm On May 29, 2016
Those who still support Buhari may be fighting for him on nairaland while actually crying in their respective homes. He keeps failing them. GEJ was never this bad. Even a dying Yar'Adua kept us afloat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names by worksmart(m): 12:27pm On May 29, 2016
I saw a video clip of his exact words and he never said how he would release the names only that the names would be released on 29th May 2016. So this news story is misleading to say the least.
ShowYourCertificate:

President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday announced that he will name looters of public funds in a speech he intends to deliver on May 29.

Buhari told journalists on the sideline of the Anti-Corruption Summit holding in London, that such corrupt individuals will be prosecuted.

He said: “So far, what has come out, what has been recovered in whatever currency from each ministries, departments and individuals.

“I intend on the 29th to speak on this because all Nigerians are getting from the mass media because of the number of people arrested either by the EFCC, DSS. But we want to make a comprehensive report on the 29th.”

On whether the names of those indicted will be published, he said: “Yes, eventually, it has to be done because we want to successfully prosecute them. But you know you cannot go to the courts unless you have documents for prosecution.

“People signed for these monies into their personal accounts, their banks gave statements that the money is there, when it came, how much and so on.”

Reacting to the allegation of selective prosecution, Buhari stated: “That is an accusation against the law enforcement agencies. But I assure you that we do not interfere. Try and get those who are now under arrest, you will find out it is across the board.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/05/14/i-will-name-looters-of-nigerias-money-on-may-29-buhari/
Re: Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names by onyedika946(m): 12:32pm On May 29, 2016
Every day,same story.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names by Ohamzee: 12:33pm On May 29, 2016
Femich18:
Was curiously expecting the names this a.m..but all the same the names will be unveil soon..Lai Mohammed we are waiting for the list but please we don't want to hear news of paddling again o
They will give you names you have and will never hear in your life. Names like oba ayotunde chikodi, emir obiano ayomide, alh amadi wike and chief mbama ike. Who dash am liver...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names by gmaribel(m): 12:34pm On May 29, 2016
worksmart:
I saw a video clip of his exact words and he never said how he would release the names only that the names would be released on 29th May 2016. So this news story is misleading to say the least.

What are you saying?
He announced that names will be released TODAY. If the names are not released TODAY.

hmmmmm, hmmmmmm, mek I no talk wetin go happen. angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names by Ohamzee: 12:35pm On May 29, 2016
tempest01:

Lol zombie alert
IT HAS COME TO MY NOTICE THAT ZOMBIES ARE NOW MTN AGENTS. THEY SEEM TO EVERYWHERE BRO.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names by kokoA(m): 12:37pm On May 29, 2016
The list is too long that's why he did not read it.
Re: Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names by nkemjacob2(m): 12:39pm On May 29, 2016
i smell corruption about taking place...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names by worksmart(m): 12:40pm On May 29, 2016
The day is not over yet.
gmaribel:

What are you saying?
He announced that names will be released TODAY. If the names are not released TODAY.

hmmmmm, hmmmmmm, mek I no talk wetin go happen. angry
Re: Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names by nwaimoroseyaho: 12:49pm On May 29, 2016
This man called buhari has never fulfilled a single promise. Shame on you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names by gmaribel(m): 12:52pm On May 29, 2016
worksmart:
The day is not over yet.

He should not try to take Nigerians for granted on this issue.
Nobody forced him to promise. Nigerians maybe patient when it comes to poor power supply, bad roads, increase in fuel price etc.

but not blatant lies.
Re: Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names by ShowYourCertificate: 12:53pm On May 29, 2016
worksmart:
So you believe the Ministry of Information would publish the names today?
Re: Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names by Nobody: 12:55pm On May 29, 2016
As usual!...i wasted my votes on liars!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names by Doubleagent008(m): 12:57pm On May 29, 2016
why Baba dey deceive us like this? he said he will talk about the money recovered now he is saying Lai will lie about it! Buhari are u sure you have not been compromised?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names by biggie73(m): 1:24pm On May 29, 2016
Anyone who believes Buhari or APC does so at his or her own peril.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names by Chudyfuto(m): 1:26pm On May 29, 2016
charly4tex:
Wake me up, when d list is out.
lolz unless you want to sleep forever.he will soon blame gej for not listing out the names at when due

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names by gcole(m): 2:10pm On May 29, 2016
Buari need to make up his mind. He should mention the names.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names by Ratello: 2:17pm On May 29, 2016
modath:

Happy Sunday, even if I no wan answer, who go say no to good things? smiley

Where e dey?
Just for you my e-wife and to show how much you mean to me darling kiss kiss kiss trust me I can buy us that no 3 just to make u happy. Happy Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names by HzRF(m): 2:18pm On May 29, 2016
Now lie mohammed can now run on us unlimited data of lais

Back from ban and ready to go........
Re: Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names by Splinz(m): 2:32pm On May 29, 2016
Ministry of what Fellow Nigerians, expect another round of uncommon lies from the chief liar himself. The kind of lies & mis-information oozing from that end makes me wanna puke.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names by basadenet: 3:37pm On May 29, 2016
ever811:
are u sure any truth can ever come out of lai Mohammed! or u want us to listen to another expensive lies again

Burantashi Icj is waiting for you, so be prepared.
Re: Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names by gbishman: 3:46pm On May 29, 2016
My dear nairalanders lets not be ignorant of the command of English. Yes PMB did say he will bring to the public notice the name of the looters but mind you he never said I Buhari will public announce it himself. So who ever mentions it he still takes credit for the given the agencies of govt the right tools and bravery to do their work
Re: Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 29, 2016
And that's Presidential!
Re: Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names by bigtt76(f): 4:45pm On May 29, 2016
Uncle Lair Mohammed has just been given a bountiful dish to devour ....he will do it WELLA grin At least Blogs and newspaper sites will experience high traffic surge grin

maupe:
*says militants attacks in Niger Delta would not deter formal engagements with leaders

By Levinus Nwabughiogu
ABUJA-
www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/645693/

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jimoh Ibrahim Heads To Supreme court / Plateau Killings: External, Internal Forces Against Nigeria - COAS, Buratai Says / Ogunbiyi Accuses Adeleke Of Violating Senatorial Ticket Agreement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.