Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,372 members, 7,836,505 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Nollywood Actresses Stun At MUSON Center - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nollywood Actresses Stun At MUSON Center (21476 Views)

Regina Askia And Her Daughter, Teesa Williams Stun At A Charity Event (photo) / Tboss, Tiwa Savage And Annie Idibia Stun At Birthday Bash / Audu Maikori Collapses At Muson Center (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nollywood Actresses Stun At MUSON Center by nikkypearl(f): 6:14pm On May 29, 2016
angry be nice on a sabbath day @ least
Akshow:
They all look old, fat, bleached, heavily made up and worn out. Why don't these old mamas give up n coming young fresh faces chance to rise na.
Re: Nollywood Actresses Stun At MUSON Center by Akshow: 6:16pm On May 29, 2016
nikkypearl:
angry be nice on a sabath day @ least
my bad. Lol. On a second thought, I don't believe in Sabbath day.
Re: Nollywood Actresses Stun At MUSON Center by crazymommy(f): 6:27pm On May 29, 2016
Akshow:
But I'm very sure you must have watched dozens of films where u see fathia, dayo, mide Martins, iyabo ojo etc acting campus chick's or unmarried single girls, except u want to lie and deceive ursef u won't deny this. U keep seeing them in nysc uniform acting twenty something year old girls. Heck how can such an industry grow? Don't even make senseless comparison using Hollywood actors cos u don't see Julia Roberts or Cate Blanchett acting young ladies. They act their age and not young gals. That's professionalism. No one is acting them to quit, but they mustn't play the lead roles in the movies they produce when the role requires a young woman.
You are not making sense...is it their fault or the movie producer and directorand even if the producer of the movie decides to play the lead role simply because they feel they will play the role better or to cut production cost so be it..they do that in Hollywood too...even if you tell a Hollywood actor to play the role of a secondary school they will play it because as an actor u should be able to play any movie role they give u...I have seen several Hollywood actors playing the role of a secondary school student..e.g will smith....
Re: Nollywood Actresses Stun At MUSON Center by SAMBARRY: 6:29pm On May 29, 2016
Akshow:
Growing old is a thing of join. I have no issues with them for growing old. I have issues with the Unprofessionalism in yoruba movies that make old women think they can act young gals. I also have issues with people that bleach .
what is the unprofessionalism in Yoruba industry Mr itk
Re: Nollywood Actresses Stun At MUSON Center by banmee(m): 6:30pm On May 29, 2016
ceometromedia:
The Federal Nigeria Society for the Blind, a non-profit organisation established for the rehabilitation and training of adults and adolescents living with vision impairment in Nigeria held an event to raise fund and celebrate the blind on 28 May, 2016 at the Muson Centre, Lagos.

This year's event tagged "Masked May Ball" had activities like fashion show by Bumi Deju, a celebrity auction featuring Sola Sobowale, Fathia Balogun and Stephanie Okereke-Linus.

The celebrities were auctioned off, for the highest bidder to win a blind dinner date for two with the celebrity) and a raffle draw to win exotic gifts. Nigerian British-born singer and songwriter, Tonye was also at the event to celebrate and entertain guests.

FNSB main aim is to restore lost hope, ignite confidence and raise champions who can live productively, independently and contribute to the socio-economic growth of society. We are funded by philanthropic donations. We equip students to learn Braille, mobility skills, computer skills and vocational skills such as basket weaving, tie-dye, music and shoe-making and prepare students for higher learning in university.

To date, they have positively impacted the lives of about 2500 visually impaired Nigerians, raising champions.

It was an amazing night of great food, fun and sharing.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/05/photos-top-yoruba-actresses-stun-at.html

Do you understand, comprehend or know what stun means?
Re: Nollywood Actresses Stun At MUSON Center by Akshow: 6:31pm On May 29, 2016
crazymommy:
You are not making sense...is it their fault or the movie producer and directoreven if you tell a Hollywood actor to play the role of a secondary school they will play it because as an actor u should be able to play any movie role they give u...I have seen several Hollywood actors playing the role of a secondary school student..e.g will smith....
u make no single sense at all. If you don't know I'm telling you that most of the films you watch in yoruba movies are either, written, directed or produced by the lead actors. They insist on playing the lead even when they may not be suitable for the role. And pray, mention the Hollywood movie will Smith played a school boy in. Tell us the title.

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood Actresses Stun At MUSON Center by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 29, 2016
Akshow:
But I'm very sure you must have watched dozens of films where u see fathia, dayo, mide Martins, iyabo ojo etc acting campus chick's or unmarried single girls, except u want to lie and deceive ursef u won't deny this. U keep seeing them in nysc uniform acting twenty something year old girls. Heck how can such an industry grow? Don't even make senseless comparison using Hollywood actors cos u don't see Julia Roberts or Cate Blanchett acting young ladies. They act their age and not young gals. That's professionalism. No one is acting them to quit, but they mustn't play the lead roles in the movies they produce when the role requires a young woman.

I wasn't arguing that older people should play the roles of young characters but that it is utterly disrespectful to tell actresses to stop working because they are no longer in their 20s. And what you have written above was nowhere near what you said at the beginning.

I am sure you wouldn't be happy if someone insulted your mother because she has reached a certain age and I am even sure that your mama didn't train you this way.

Even the so called Westerners - who are allegedly brought up in the wrong way - respect people for who they are and not for how old they happen to be.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nollywood Actresses Stun At MUSON Center by crazymommy(f): 6:33pm On May 29, 2016
Akshow:
u make no single sense at all. If you don't know I'm telling you that most of the films you watch in yoruba movies are either, written, directed or produced by the lead actors. They insist on playing the lead even when they may not be suitable for the role. And pray, mention the Hollywood movie will Smith played a school boy in. Tell us the title.
K
Re: Nollywood Actresses Stun At MUSON Center by Akshow: 6:33pm On May 29, 2016
SAMBARRY:
what is the unprofessionalism in Yoruba industry Mr itk
Mr idontknowanything, read my previous comments and u will get an idea of what I mean.
Re: Nollywood Actresses Stun At MUSON Center by teacherbim(f): 6:36pm On May 29, 2016
Fatia,Ronke,lepa shandy,iyabo ,ojo, toyintomato,dayo amusa,Bimbo akintola and the Lady with gap teeth are all looking fab
Re: Nollywood Actresses Stun At MUSON Center by SAMBARRY: 6:39pm On May 29, 2016
Akshow:
Mr idontknowanything, read my previous comments and u will get an idea of what I mean.
it doesn't make any sense mt itk undecided
Re: Nollywood Actresses Stun At MUSON Center by Akshow: 6:44pm On May 29, 2016
Mindfulness:

I wasn't arguing that older people should play the roles of young characters but that it is utterly disrespectful to tell actresses to stop working because they are no longer in their 20s. And what you have written above was nowhere near what you said at the beginning.

I am sure you wouldn't be happy if someone insulted your mother because she has reached a certain age and I am even sure that your mama didn't train you this way.

Even the so called Westerners - who are allegedly brought up in the wrong way - respect people for who they are and not for how old they happen to be.

No one is asking them to quit acting cos they are older. My point is that they should stop acting roles meant for young gals it makes their movies look silly. They should act roles that are believable to their age in movies not an old woman wearing bum shot acting ayoungee.

Read what I said at the beginning very well. I mentioned the fact that they are old for most of the roles they play. U may find my calling them bleached and body shaming them offensive which I may understand but it's the bitter truth. And I don't see the relevance of the comparison with my mum cos as I said earlier, u don't know how old I am. I may be way older than most of them.

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood Actresses Stun At MUSON Center by Akshow: 6:46pm On May 29, 2016
SAMBARRY:
it doesn't make any sense mt itk undecided
that's as expected cos u are Mr idon'tknowanything. I would have been surprised if it made any sense to u.
Re: Nollywood Actresses Stun At MUSON Center by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 29, 2016
Some of them are okay, with the right mood and alcohol, but it's still Fathia that I want to impregnate.
Re: Nollywood Actresses Stun At MUSON Center by SAMBARRY: 6:59pm On May 29, 2016
Akshow:
that's as expected cos u are Mr idon'tknowanything. I would have been surprised if it made any sense to u.
you just called yourself that. Bye.good riddiance tongue
Re: Nollywood Actresses Stun At MUSON Center by Akshow: 7:09pm On May 29, 2016
SAMBARRY:
you just called yourself that. Bye.good riddiance tongue
Didn't think you are intelligent enough to engage me. Run along boy.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Actresses Stun At MUSON Center by SAMBARRY: 7:11pm On May 29, 2016
Akshow:
Didn't think you are intelligent enough to engage me. Run along boy.
mr itk that can't channel it's so called dumb intelligence to something reasonable except to be barking on nl like a rabid dog
Re: Nollywood Actresses Stun At MUSON Center by Akshow: 7:13pm On May 29, 2016
SAMBARRY:
mr itk that can't channel it's so called dumb intelligence to something reasonable except to be barking on nl like a rabid dog
Read again and correct ur errors. Above post makes u look retaaaaarded.

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood Actresses Stun At MUSON Center by viviangist: 7:16pm On May 29, 2016
Re: Nollywood Actresses Stun At MUSON Center by SAMBARRY: 7:17pm On May 29, 2016
Akshow:
Read again and correct ur errors. Above post makes u look retaaaaarded.

yOu're obviously referring to yourself
Re: Nollywood Actresses Stun At MUSON Center by Akshow: 7:23pm On May 29, 2016
SAMBARRY:
yOu're obviously referring to yourself
grin grin grin Enjoy bro.
Re: Nollywood Actresses Stun At MUSON Center by SAMBARRY: 7:29pm On May 29, 2016
Akshow:
grin grin grin Enjoy bro.
same to you
Re: Nollywood Actresses Stun At MUSON Center by chigoizie7(m): 7:43pm On May 29, 2016
I really don't know who these ladies that painted their faces with dulux paint are.
Re: Nollywood Actresses Stun At MUSON Center by ring7(m): 8:40pm On May 29, 2016
Make up has transform tonitomato
Re: Nollywood Actresses Stun At MUSON Center by Abraham4christ(m): 12:57am On Aug 01, 2016
[quote author=ceometromedia post=46084998]The Federal Nigeria Society for the Blind, a non-profit organisation established for the rehabilitation and training of adults and adolescents living with vision impairment in Nigeria held an event to raise fund and celebrate the blind on 28 May, 2016 at the Muson Centre, Lagos.

This year's event tagged "Masked May Ball" had activities like fashion show by Bumi Deju, a celebrity auction featuring Sola Sobowale, Fathia Balogun and Stephanie Okereke-Linus.

The celebrities were auctioned off, for the highest bidder to win a blind dinner date for two with the celebrity) and a raffle draw to win exotic gifts. Nigerian British-born singer and songwriter, Tonye was also at the event to celebrate and entertain guests.

See more photos [url=abrahamuwe.mywapblog.com]abrahamuwe.mywapblog.com[/url]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yemi Alade Live From France. Her Hairstyle Though :) / Popular Musician, Platinum Diamond Is Dead / Regina Askia's Husband, Rudy Williams Birthday Party (Photos, Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.