Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Soyinka denies issuing statement on Buhari’s one year in office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka denies issuing statement on Buhari’s one year in office (915 Views)

Green Card: Woke Soyinka Denies Making The Demeaning Report / JRC Denies Issuing Statement Indicating Jonathan As Sponsor Of NDA / PDP Mocks Buhari's One-Year In Office With Cartoon Images (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soyinka denies issuing statement on Buhari’s one year in office by olokeded: 5:05pm On May 29, 2016
The Nobel laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka, has denied releasing a statement, appraising President Buhari’s first anniversary. He called this an “obsessed exercise in identity forgery.”

Soyinka’s statement is published below

MORE INMATES FOR THE REPUBLIC OF LIARS

The following attribution is a disgusting forgery. I have yet to grant an interview regarding Buhari’s year in office. Once again, I notify the Security arms of Nigeria about this increasingly obsessed exercise in identity forgery. I alert the public to beware of the danger this portends in the murky atmosphere of Nigeria’s ongoing politics. The sycophants of power and influence will clearly do anything to gain attention and preferment, but they only earn the contempt of decent citizens, including those on whom they foist their unsolicited services.””

Wole SOYINKA

Here is the despicable report doing the rounds on Internet:

“\”Professor Wole Soyinka’s assessment of President Buhari’s first year in office:

From the time i publicly declared for Buhari, to the time i followed my conviction to work for his campaign at both Buhari Support Organizations and the APC Presidential Campaign Council till date, there was never a time i pushed Buhari as Nigeria’s model in economic management even when i am convinced that he is working with his team to change the structure of our economy from a mono-economy. I predicated my support on the need to secure a country on the verge of becoming a failed state. I wanted Buhari to stop the unprecedented bleeding of the country from never-seen looting in history.

I wanted Buhari to reset the moral code in public service and leadership. We couldn’t just continue to have a country that rewarded criminals like the past administration openly and obscenely did. We needed a Buhari to put his legendary stamp of integrity to drive governance and in one year there is a new lease of life in the way government business is now conducted. On economy we have believed lies of GDP and statistics built on falsehood for too long. Corruption was driving the economy as the working capital while petrol-dollars gave us a false sense of insularity.

Everything just crashed on us without the money from oil like it used to be. Years of mismanagement all came to hunt us and very bad too. With Buhari having used the last 12months for housekeeping, the trajectory of the economy will continue to go north with more hard work and faithful implementation of government programmes.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/05/soyinka-denies-issuing-statement-on.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

1 Like

Re: Soyinka denies issuing statement on Buhari’s one year in office by eshietIntrepid(m): 5:13pm On May 29, 2016
Why will inec think of allocating seats to some people when the masses are still ready to vote.

They are practically depriving rivers representatives at the federal level.

From the look of things is like they are saying if there will be no apc person representing rivers then no rivers person will.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka denies issuing statement on Buhari’s one year in office by Chigold101(m): 5:36pm On May 29, 2016
INEC is just like PMB.

Confused without any sense of direction

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka denies issuing statement on Buhari’s one year in office by PRYCE(m): 6:39pm On May 29, 2016
Word!
Re: Soyinka denies issuing statement on Buhari’s one year in office by otokx(m): 6:44pm On May 29, 2016
How can voting take place in a State where police are ambushed, abducted and killed while carrying out normal patrol?

Educate your people especially the locals on the need to be peaceful.
Re: Soyinka denies issuing statement on Buhari’s one year in office by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:56pm On May 29, 2016
Some good points by Wike
Doesn't stop him from being a hypocrite though.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka denies issuing statement on Buhari’s one year in office by Prince081: 6:56pm On May 29, 2016
My Governor my Governor. Ride on. God is with you and Rivers people are behind you .

1 Like

Re: Soyinka denies issuing statement on Buhari’s one year in office by Houseofglam7(f): 7:29pm On May 29, 2016
'They got the "allocation", we have the people' cool
Re: Soyinka denies issuing statement on Buhari’s one year in office by Amitex(m): 7:58pm On May 29, 2016
I beg who is INEC Chairman? Does anyone know his name? Kindly tell me and possibly post his picture, even Google does not know.

On another note, Buhari kindly bring back Jega. This election inconclusiveness has stretched into your second year in office ooo!!
Re: Soyinka denies issuing statement on Buhari’s one year in office by olokeded: 7:53am On May 31, 2016
cc: lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

See Romancing:Wike's Wife Cleans His Face While Wike Gives Her Hot Kiss(pics) / Nm / President Buhari Jets Out Of Abuja Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.