Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

DSTV Issue Proves That Splitting Nigeria Is Foolish - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSTV Issue Proves That Splitting Nigeria Is Foolish (6711 Views)

CBN Data Proves Amaechi Lied Against Johnathan On ECA / Man Proves Dino Melaye Served in Kaduna, See What He Shared (Photos) / Splitting Nigeria Through Divide And Conquer: Name It And Shame It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSTV Issue Proves That Splitting Nigeria Is Foolish by Rossikk(m): 1:05am On May 30, 2016
Truckpusher:
I use to think that you're an intelligent person but you just floored my belief system today whith this your unintelligent thread - Nigeria , a task that must be upheld and accomplished even in slavery and internal colonization? Are you out of your mind ? undecided

If you perceive slavery and internal colonization, you work to eliminate it, even if it takes a generation. You don't play coward and run.

Nigeria will never stand as a United entity until we do that which is right - Regionalism or Federalism else everything na wash.
Get the fucck out of ma face bro .

Use your brain instead of emotion. Conducive systems of administration are things that we can fight for through debate and activism, and evolve same over time. It can take several decades. It took the US over 200 years to achieve voting rights for women and ethnic minorities. Anyone could have woken up then and shouted ''slavery and internal colonization! What's the point? Let's break up!.'' But instead, THEY STUCK AT IT. Look at them today. Bossing the rest of the world.

Breaking up the country is defeatist. Imagine if 20 years ago we had said, ''Hey, we can't even hold free and fair elections. All polls are rigged. Military dictatorships, coups...We have failed as a nation. We can't get it right. Let's split!'' Guess what? We would never had known that we were indeed capable of becoming a permanent civilian democracy, which holds free and fair elections, as we have done in the last two national polls.

So, never say we can never achieve this or that. There is nothing we can't achieve if we put our minds to it.

2 Likes

Re: DSTV Issue Proves That Splitting Nigeria Is Foolish by Nobody: 1:06am On May 30, 2016
Ganiyat72:

You see, engaging u on a discuss like this is a fruitless venture, nonetheless, i will leave u with these few questions.

What is the meaning of pollution?
So because most part of China is polluted does it mean that China has infrastructure deficiency/lack infrastructure?
Don't allow it be a fruitless venture please as I would love to learn from enlightened minds like yourself. Thank you

Now no Chinese city is on the list talk more of most of it being polluted, where as our dear Onitsha is number 1

WHO, in its latest report on Global Urban Ambient Air Pollution, stated that a study of Onitsha’s water pollution found more than 100 petrol stations in the city, selling low-quality fuel, many rubbish dumps........ www.punchng.com/onitsha-polluted-city-world/

Please don't get me wrong I love my igbo friends alot and I don't want to loose them for anything , I would support the call for biafra if only someone would educate me on the intelligent reasons for biafra break away, Thank God you came along

1 Like

Re: DSTV Issue Proves That Splitting Nigeria Is Foolish by Truckpusher(m): 1:11am On May 30, 2016
Rossikk:

If you perceive slavery and internal colonization, you work to eliminate it, even if it takes a generation. You don't play coward and run.

Use your brain instead of emotion. Conducive systems of administration are things that we can fight for through debate and activism, and evolve same over time. Breaking up the country is defeatist. Imagine if 20 years ago we had said, ''Hey, we can't even hold free and fair elections. All polls are rigged. We have failed as a nation. We can't get it right. Let's split!'' Guess what? We would never had known that we were indeed capable of achieving free and fair elections, as we have done in the last two national polls.

So, never say we can never achieve this or that. There is nothing we can't achieve if we put our minds to it.
If you're waiting for the man that is holding you down to make up his mind and set you free , you'll be waiting for a long time.
This isn't about the dividend of democracy after all a democracy that is lopsided to favour a majority is a masked democracy while nepotism , favoritism and tribalism takes center stage .
Nigeria is a fraud and all fraud must be corrected either with the use of force or by any means necessary.All options are on the table , enough of the sweet talking us.
Nigeria is an expired project until we see any sense of oneness but I doubt these leeches are ready to do that without something serious, so serious they will feel it at home.
We are done with Nigeria , Everyman to his own tent - Unity by force is not unity at all but slavery.
You're talking about activism when women and children are being shot at for protesting in the South East ? They shot them for demanding for self emancipation which is the right of every man.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSTV Issue Proves That Splitting Nigeria Is Foolish by Nobody: 1:17am On May 30, 2016
KingJhean:

I am not questioning the igbos on anything I am just trying to make sense of it all seeing Akwa Ibom is supposed to be part of biafra
"systematic marginalization " if I may ask how is this being done? Because ever since democracy I can remember, the igbos have been very influential in Nigeria whether anybody likes it or not, Do I need to mention names Ayim, kalu, Ifeanyi Uba, Ngige, Akunyili, Ezekwesili, Deziani, Soludo,. In the face of Nigeria fuel problems an Igbo man is the president of IPMAN, where is the marginalization na?
ok if u cant c d depth n d marginalization of igbos ,at least c d need for the country 2 be restructured wit states autonomous nd controlling 100% of their resources nd then paying a part 2 d center.if u cant still c d need 4 that, then just respect right of igbos 2 want to associate with thier own. As 4 akwaibom being part of biafra,igbos want a homogenous nation with common interests so as 2 nt repeat d mistake of 2days nigeria.NDR?

4 Likes

Re: DSTV Issue Proves That Splitting Nigeria Is Foolish by freeze001(f): 1:18am On May 30, 2016
Rossikk:

Oh please..... Nigeria's annual GDP is $529 billion. All foreign assistance to Nigeria equals an amount less than $0.3 billion per annum at most. So any Nigerian official going 'cap in hand' to anybody is a crook, whom you should investigate. Truth is, Nigeria would barely notice if all aid was discontinued. But it's there for free, so we take it.

We can keep going back and forth on this issue and it's not even the subject of the post...so back to the matter

3 Likes

Re: DSTV Issue Proves That Splitting Nigeria Is Foolish by Nobody: 1:27am On May 30, 2016
tooco:
ok if u cant c d depth n d marginalization of igbos ,at least c d need for the country 2 be restructured wit states autonomous nd controlling 100% of their resources nd then paying a part 2 d center.if u cant still c d need 4 that, then just respect right of igbos 2 want to associate with thier own. As 4 akwaibom being part of biafra,igbos want a homogenous nation with common interests so as 2 nt repeat d mistake of 2days nigeria.ND ?
Ehn let us talk about restructuring the country now instead of wanting to break away like cowards just because we have problems.
Re: DSTV Issue Proves That Splitting Nigeria Is Foolish by Iykopeee: 1:46am On May 30, 2016
KingJhean:
I make bold to say that anybody that wants division of Nigeria is either ridiculously ignorant or in the same line of thought with esau that sold his birth right for food instead of thinking about posterity. If you think that by breaking away, you will be better off, look at how your own leaders are treating you and judge. I see Biafra as nothing short of blind greed (oil wealth), the igbos are the most industrious people in Nigeria, commanding Commerce everywhere, yet they want to break away. My advice is start by relocating to the east and use all billions in your accounts to develop the region in preparation, as I hear there are no roads or valuable infrastructure in onitsha despite boasting of numerous billionaires

U heard nonsense. It seems u dont even have transport money to visit anambra state and confirm whether or not they have roads. This is more reason why the country shud divide to pave way for dafts to be in their own country.

3 Likes

Re: DSTV Issue Proves That Splitting Nigeria Is Foolish by Rossikk(m): 3:02am On May 30, 2016
Truckpusher:

You're talking about activism when women and children are being shot at for protesting in the South East ? They shot them for demanding for self emancipation which is the right of every man.

If China had decided to break up following the massacre of an estimated 3,000 protesters in Tiananmen Square in 1989, an event that drew global outrage, where would they be today? Splintered into tiny, inconsequential Vietnams, bossed around by the west, not the powerful global behemoth currently challenging the US for the title of World's Number 1 economy, industrial giant, and superpower.

What about America where people were lynched in the streets - executed in broad daylight- merely for being of a different skin colour? A country that practiced state sanctioned SLAVERY for over 300 years, and still came out on top. It was debate and activism that eventually led to changes there. Look, what we're seeing today in Nigeria is child's play compared to what some of these powerful nations have been through. Do you know that Russia lost over 35 million people in the 1930s and 40s owing to the monstrous rule of Stalin and his henchmen? I mean, what has Nigeria experienced that even approaches that in terms of the sheer scale of destruction and misery? China lost 10 million in the 1940s due to war and tyranny. Poland 6 million. Israel lost over 6 million people to Hitler and his gang. Look at Israel today, bossing the entire Middle East and even bossing America to some extent. So many countries have been through hell, and are today shining lights for the rest of the globe. For you to want to destroy your country, especially one with the vast potential of Nigeria, because of what are really just birth pangs of a relatively new nation, shows lack of spine, resolve, and vision.

3 Likes

Re: DSTV Issue Proves That Splitting Nigeria Is Foolish by babadee1(m): 3:08am On May 30, 2016
ckmayoca:
Big country put food for my table? Big country gimme visa without application fee? Abegi. To be quiet and relaxed is better than to be making noise and being oppressed. Anyway is a way big or small.

If Nigeria doesn't put food on your table then Biafra won't put food on your table either. The problem is neither Nigeria nor Biafra but you. Change your perspective and you will flourish wherever you may find yourself.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Issue Proves That Splitting Nigeria Is Foolish by ApexTitan(m): 4:12am On May 30, 2016
Interesting thread.

Without question, a country’s size/population can be a source of strength but it is not the be-all and end-all of a nation state’s power or prosperity, certainly not in the manner that the OP suggests.

There are smaller countries on this continent, though beset with their own challenges and problems, that still manage to offer a standard of living (for its citizens) that rivals or out rightly surpasses Nigeria’s. Case in point: Botswana has had a GDP/Capita of $16099.3 for the period 2011-2015 against Nigeria’s $5911 for the same period; it has a life expectancy of 64 years as against Nigeria’s 52. They have been able to run a stable democracy without interruptions for almost half a century, i.e since independence, and they have achieved all of this with a population of just 2 million - about a 10th of the population of Lagos. Small is not synonymous with suffering or poverty and this is where the OP gets it wrong.

Outside of the continent, nations like Singapore and Israel are major regional players with very small populations. Had to point this out again as the OP’s dismissal of the strength and prowess of these nations as just beneficiaries of Western/US largesse is completely nonsensical and baseless. Singapore like other African and Asian nations suffered under the exploitative colonialism wrought by Europe but was able to rise and become a force to be reckoned with on the basis of pure resolve, hard work and dedication - it is sickening to see someone describe away all they have achieved as a nation as some form of western favouritism.

Having said all this, personally, I am for a big and unified Nigeria because the fragmentation that many seek for today can only come at a cost that is too dear to pay.

3 Likes

Re: DSTV Issue Proves That Splitting Nigeria Is Foolish by fx45(m): 5:05am On May 30, 2016
KingJhean:
.... as I hear there are no roads or valuable infrastructure in onitsha despite boasting of numerous billionaires
Mere hearsay! How about you authenticate your information before coming here to type nonsense? The problem with Yoruba people is that most of you are untravelled and as such very ignorant.

Be bold enough... Leave your Yoruba enclave and travel more. It will help you to have a broader perspective and worldview of issues. Help yourself... Cure your ignorance!

2 Likes

Re: DSTV Issue Proves That Splitting Nigeria Is Foolish by Nobody: 6:05am On May 30, 2016
True size of Africa. grin grin

Re: DSTV Issue Proves That Splitting Nigeria Is Foolish by gbadexy(m): 9:08am On May 30, 2016
Rossikk:
It's more complex than that. A huge population provides the STABILITY and ECONOMIC RESILIENCE that ensure that problems do not degenerate to the point where we need food aid, foreign assistance, and have starving children and child soldiers fighting in rebel armies against dictators backed by warlords!!!! If you think Nigeria is bad, go and spend a week in Sierra Leone and see how people live. You couldn't be there more than a day or two to be honest.
You can't find anyone doing well for themselves clamor for breakup of nigeria.
Only those that couldn't use the high population and market opportunities to their advantage, hoping they could make it in a new, smaller country.
What these people don't know is that they would only be substituting one set of leaders that care about themselves for another set that doesn't care about them.
Besides, opportunities for such people reduces as the new small country now has concentration of professionals.
I prefer a country with 170 million potential clients than some small country.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Issue Proves That Splitting Nigeria Is Foolish by macluvph1(m): 9:18am On May 30, 2016
Who DSTV help, reaping profits at our own detriment.

Abeg OP park well joor you no get gist.
Re: DSTV Issue Proves That Splitting Nigeria Is Foolish by daveson2020(m): 9:56am On May 30, 2016
Lol. Same thing from these one Nigeria fanatics. Op save your advice and statistics when biafra go the remaining Nigeria won't be big as well. Biafra must come.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Issue Proves That Splitting Nigeria Is Foolish by Nobody: 11:37am On May 30, 2016
Iykopeee:

U heard nonsense. It seems u dont even have transport money to visit anambra state and confirm whether or not they have roads. This is more reason why the country shud divide to pave way for dafts to be in their own country.
fx45:
Mere hearsay! How about you authenticate your information before coming here to type nonsense? The problem with Yoruba people is that most of you are untravelled and as such very ignorant.

Be bold enough... Leave your Yoruba enclave and travel more. It will help you to have a broader perspective and worldview of issues. Help yourself... Cure your ignorance!
You may be right, I should have gone to the whole of Onitsha instead stating what I was told by Anambrabrians, who are passionate about their state, but do I need to verify anything seeing I am not from Anambra? Well NO! I don't. Also are you disputing W. H. O's report that Onitsha is the most polluted city in the world, with refuse dumps every where? (www.punchng.com/onitsha-polluted-city-world/) I hope they are wrong too, but sincerely, I meant no insult but to rather challenge you to look inwards and asks your leaders,influential and wealthy ones pertinent questions, I am sorry if my comments offended anyone but you guys are massively wealthy and Nigeria is not feeling the impact. I also heard that there are over 200 billionaires in nnewi town alone (that is more than the total number of billionaires in some countries not to mention a region in Nigeria) abi that one too na lie? Besides you guys are not responding to the more important issues I raised in my comment instead you are focusing on what I heard, why do you want to break? What are your leaders doing?

1 Like

Re: DSTV Issue Proves That Splitting Nigeria Is Foolish by Truthfulm(m): 2:02pm On May 30, 2016
Agreed. For Nigeria to remain as one, the constituting units must come to table to discus their grouse. As it is, only a fraction of the country benefits. One Nigeria can only be achieved under the atmosphere of fairness, equity, and truthfulness. I wish our leaders will throw away their selfish interest to transform this mere geographical expression into a true nation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SDP Dissociates The Party From The Endorsement Of Atiku / Optimizing The Economic Development Capacity Of AKK Gas Pipeline Project / UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.