Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

A Golden Heart - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Golden Heart (312 Views)

World Golden City, It's Really A Golden City. / Life Golden Rules.. / 10 Golden Rules To Picking Up Prostitutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Golden Heart by domwas2(m): 9:15pm On May 29, 2016
A GOLDEN HEART
I made a new friend. She is Leila, one of those Fulani’s from Mali who beg for alms at the Accra mall. She approached me smiled and spoke pidgin.Auntie "make u give me money make i buy food chop'.. I smiled back and said I have not eaten since morning myself..she asked if it was true ...I said yeah... she then handed me all the coins she had in hand... I asked if she is sure i could use the money...She replied Yes I could...When I counted the money, it was just a cedi and 10p... I told her it wont be enough...she asked me to wait for a minute...She went to check where she keeps her money and brought back 4cedis...She said 5 cedis should be enough to buy rice... I told her i would need water she then asked me to wait so she begs for some money for me, after 10 minutes she came back with 50 pesewas from her brother and said she can direct me to a canteen...I followed her.While engaging her in conversation,people just starred at us.Others advised i shouldn't mind her. I told them she wasn't begging for money.
I distracted her with question while we waited.She is js 10 years. I asked why she gave me all the money.She replied "ibi u dey hungry auntie, i go fit beg for money but u no go fit, so just take am".At this point i had tears in my eyes.People were wondering what conversation we were having..She asked that i take photos with her.When my friend arrived she told her to make sure i get food to eat. I asked her to take back her money.She looked very disappointed and asked why, I told her i just needed company while i waited...
Wow,what a touching story. I believe you and I would agree that Leila has a heart of gold. How many of us will give wholeheartedly to people who need our help in trying times as this young lady did. This is love. She loves her neighbour as herself or more than herself I should say. I pray that Leila will never lack anything in life,Father bless her and protect her and all her family. Because of this act of love O lord, may she prosper in life.Send forth angels to make a way for her and her family.Leila you are blessed. Brethren, lets learn to love like Leila.Good morning.
ONE HEART FOUNDATION.

(1) (Reply)

Making A Long Distance Relationship Work / How To Create Friction Free Relationships / Do Not Let Your Job Ruin Your Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.