Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,985 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor (22177 Views)

"Boss' Wife Told Me To Send Their Maid Out. Boss To Sack Me If I Can't" - Man / FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff / My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor by 5starmilitant: 11:29am On May 30, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor by macaranta(m): 11:29am On May 30, 2016
Not easy
Re: Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor by Lamor(f): 11:29am On May 30, 2016
anaton:
Those managers should be self employed and employ people.They have made alot of money
in the banking industry.Its time for them to give back to the society/economy
So bad some of dem don't have savings..What wit d frivolous lifestyle of their wives.We had a family friend like dat.Husband and wife were both managers in different banks and dey got sacked d same month.They had to start up a laundry business when d money was no longer forthcoming.It was tough at first bt now dey r better.

3 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor by pedrilo: 11:29am On May 30, 2016
And my friend in DB went to buy a car instead of investing his money. Ok o
Re: Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor by Nobody: 11:29am On May 30, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor by DonDiego(m): 11:31am On May 30, 2016
It's all Bubu's fault. He set the cat on the pigeons of Nigeria's commercial banks with his ill-advised wholesale implementation of the TSA.

Now, instead of campaign promises of job's creation, all he's now busy dishing out to both those who voted for him and those who did not is massive job losses. Na wa.

Meanwhile OP, Uzoma Dozie is the MD and not the GM of Diamond Bank.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor by miniziter(m): 11:37am On May 30, 2016
So far e no affect my money in my acct.
Re: Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor by Nobody: 11:39am On May 30, 2016
atleast who ever gets sacked will not cry that start up capital is the problem to start their own business, 1.2 million in a month nor be beans o

2 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor by Adesiji77: 11:41am On May 30, 2016
chynasaz:
Dey sacked over 1000 bankwide not 400, am currently a staff of DB.

Are you sure of this? The widely reported figure was 400.
Re: Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor by Nashirushekoni(m): 11:43am On May 30, 2016
chynasaz:
Dey sacked over 1000 bankwide not 400, am currently a staff of DB.

hope you are not among of them
Re: Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor by zheroes(m): 11:43am On May 30, 2016
Acidosis:
They've made enough to start some viable businesses.

No loss here. N1.2m + allowances monthly? That's more than the basic salaries of Vice Chancellors in Nigerian Universities.
you guys calling 1.2M like its 12M? They have put in atleast 10-15 years most likely in the industry. That's no joke!!!! Ideally they should have decent businesses.

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor by alujonjonkijon: 11:44am On May 30, 2016
when employed,was it stated in their letter that the employment was for a life time.as long as the termination is done accordingly as contracted.just move on to greature heights.ive got some pretty options for each and every one of them.plenty on going busineeses for them to buy and turned around into mega profitable ventures.

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor by Nashirushekoni(m): 11:50am On May 30, 2016
i know this will happen bcux efcc are after allison madueke and her aids looters GTB self should be well prepared bcux saraki looting cant go scot free they are coming to freeze their account

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor by Nobody: 11:56am On May 30, 2016
miniziter:
So far e no affect my money in my acct.

Don't worry, your N657.44 is safe grin

8 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor by fiftynaira(m): 11:58am On May 30, 2016
E.i thunder fire u Shebi na here u come hide!

Akpa amu like u
Re: Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor by IGWISE(m): 12:01pm On May 30, 2016
Jacko1:
Sack dem if dey are not pulling their weight
1.2 million na oil and gas dem dey
This recession will make many companies have sense
Earn what you contribute
Do you know how much banks makes per minute per second? They have all it takes to pay even higher than that.

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor by Emeka71(m): 12:11pm On May 30, 2016
Banking job is nonsense.
Re: Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor by Adeolasodeke93: 12:26pm On May 30, 2016
May God help them. Hope they go with good severance package to start something viable on their own.
Re: Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor by DICKtator: 12:41pm On May 30, 2016
Emmysteve:
1.2 Million plus other benefits. Baba please pick up my call.

Just look at you!!!
Is 1.2 million money?

These are bank(private) workers.
They would be paid severance package and that's all unlike public servants!!!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor by toprealman: 12:47pm On May 30, 2016
Emmysteve:
1.2 Million plus other benefits. Baba please pick up my call.
....plus entitlement and allowances that FAR OUTWEIGHS their salaries.
now this is dope!
Re: Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor by toprealman: 12:49pm On May 30, 2016
DICKtator:

Just look at you!!!
Is 1.2 million money?

These are bank(private) workers.
They would be paid severance package and that's all unlike public servants!!!!

grin grin grin grin
of what use is an unpaid pension? If you invest the severance pay well....your middle name Na jollificationMENT
Re: Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor by pelumilk: 12:50pm On May 30, 2016
Am very sure na exchange in dollars go cause all dis sacking problem
Re: Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor by Mannylex(m): 12:51pm On May 30, 2016
May God help us in this career of ours....The main point noted here is one needs to be prepared at any point in time, investment is a must! Living within your means, and work every day like it's your last.
Re: Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor by youngalex(m): 12:53pm On May 30, 2016
I pray God will give those affected the wisdom to invest in profitable ventures ,all my guys in the bank dey panic cos other banks might toe the same line.. I advised one last weekend to shelve the idea of going to vacation in the US with his family to spend approx #2.5m ,they should visit obudu and spend a week cos economy is bad now and the went last year.
Re: Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor by Mannylex(m): 12:53pm On May 30, 2016
toprealman:
of what use is an unpaid pension? If you invest the severance pay well....your middle name Na jollificationMENT

This one's you guys are just talking about severance package, not all banks pay severance package, infact, very few. All you have is your accumulated pension and one month salary in lieu of notice.

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor by toprealman: 12:57pm On May 30, 2016
Acidosis:
They've made enough to start some viable businesses.

No loss here. N1.2m + allowances monthly? That's more than the basic salaries of Vice Chancellors in Nigerian Universities.
not more than 30% bankers invest and of the population that attempt to, just 10% do it wisely. Most of them live fake "celebrity" lifestyle. Imagine a fresh intake relocating to Lekki and calling friend to loan him TP money..... or fuel money!

4 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor by Nezan(m): 1:02pm On May 30, 2016
freemanbubble:
that is why federal job is some how better. no body threaten you with sack letter especially when you have been regularized and confirmed.
you work till you retire. and the money keep on coming every month.
that is what my cousin is enjoying, his own is a federal uni. buhari will never give them excuse at the end of the month. infact they get alert on the 25th of every month. and it was every 22nd during jonathan.

But the monthly take home is meagre
Re: Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor by dearie(m): 1:03pm On May 30, 2016
Many banks will follow suit...its not a prophesy of doom...just the reality of the times we are in...coupled with the policy somersaults of our leaders. Hopefully, this phase will be over in no time.

Just pray yours' are not directly affected before it starts to take shape. Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor by keniolawumi56(m): 1:36pm On May 30, 2016
[quote I just got my letter too last week Monday, company that I have been working for close to two years now. But I believe in God
Re: Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor by Eizy(m): 1:54pm On May 30, 2016
fiftynaira:
E.i thunder fire u Shebi na here u come hide!

Akpa amu like u

Eeem!! how can someone hide in public?
Re: Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor by Adesiji77: 2:12pm On May 30, 2016
dearie:
Many banks will follow suit...its not a prophesy of doom...just the reality of the times we are in...coupled with the policy somersaults of our leaders. Hopefully, this phase will be over in no time.

Just pray yours' are not directly affected before it starts to take shape. Amen.

Indeed, "winter" is here embarassed
Re: Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor by ADEMOSU(m): 2:12pm On May 30, 2016
Eizy:
I reported on May 27th how Diamond Bank sacked over 400 staff on that black morning. I went on to reveal the mode in which this was done.
It seems that hurricane isn't over yet, I can now exclusively reveal that the Bank is set to sack 80 percent of their entire manager cadre. The managers who earn from 1.2 million and above plus entitlements and allowances that outweigh theirs salaries will have to wait and see who survives and who goes. It was revealed that the GM Uzoma Dozie son of Pascal Dozie is willing to promote some junior workers who can also be efficient in those positions. This was said to be in a bid to further cut the wage bill and save the bank.
these are sad times for bankers, we pray for them.

Can't really see reason for the broadcast of supposed classified info but not really good for the brand nor do any good to the employees the poster of the trend can as well list the name of sacked employees then .

Ebubechukwu EI Ibecheozor

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Ways Nigerian Bosses Abuse Their Staff / What Does The Future Hold For Metallurgy And Materials Engineering Students??? / By Rank, Here Are How Much Merchant Navy Officers Earn Per Month.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.