Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,396 members, 7,836,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Soldiers Invade Kurutie - Tompolo's Town In Six Gunboats, Molest Civilians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Invade Kurutie - Tompolo's Town In Six Gunboats, Molest Civilians (1224 Views)

Militants Kill 4 Soldiers In Ekeremor, Bayelsa; Soldiers Invade Community / Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) / Soldiers Invade Tompolo’s Town, Kurutie This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Invade Kurutie - Tompolo's Town In Six Gunboats, Molest Civilians by NetnaijaCom(m): 10:31am On May 30, 2016

SOLDIERS swooped on Kurutie (Little London), another community in Gbaramatu kingdom, Warri South-West Local Government Area, Delta State, ‎in six gunboats at about 4.30 am, today (Monday) , hunting for members of the Niger Delta Avengers.

The residents were asleep when they came, but many scampered into the bush when heard the sound of the gunboats.

The soldiers, who quickly cordoned the community, embarked on a house to house search.

“I am looking at the soldiers from a hideout in the bush, they are going from house to house. We know their tactics, so we ran away when they landed this morning at the jetty in the town, belonging to Tompolo’s father,” an informant told Vanguard on phone at about 5.30am.

Tompolo has repeatedly denied having any link with the Niger Delta Avengers, but the military seemed to disbelieve him , and were chasing him.

It was gathered that Tompolo’s father was not in Kurutie when soldiers stormed the town this morning, but an over 70-year-old man, simply identified as Do Good Ikekama, is among the citizens allegedly molested and forced to take the soldiers around some homes.

Ijaw leader, Chief Godspower Gbenekama, who spoke to Vanguard at about 6.00 am, confirmed the siege to Kurutie.

He said that despite‎ the appeal by the Gbaramatu monarch, HRM Oboro Gbaraun II, to the Coordinator of the Presidential Amnesty Programme, Brigadier General Paul Boroh (retd) that the soldiers should be professional in their duties, they were still harassing people.

However, the soldiers, according to reports, left the community at about 6.30am ‎.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/soldiers-invade-kurutie-tompolos-real-town/
Re: Soldiers Invade Kurutie - Tompolo's Town In Six Gunboats, Molest Civilians by tellwisdom: 10:34am On May 30, 2016
Wetin soldiers dey find inside water??...This is a feat buhari will never allow his son or family to embark on.

Foolish Government, dull leader sad
Re: Soldiers Invade Kurutie - Tompolo's Town In Six Gunboats, Molest Civilians by danio24ng(m): 10:47am On May 30, 2016
Dear Nigerians, we know d criminals among us, spare me this setiments. Those leaders should start talking or let the military create formations in all villages in this troubled spots. You can cripple the economy and expect no reprisal attacks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Invade Kurutie - Tompolo's Town In Six Gunboats, Molest Civilians by HtwoOw: 11:04am On May 30, 2016
Dabullit you talk am say he go happen now dem Don see am, now dem don dey run enter bush just like Tompolo, Jonathan Dokubo

Dem never hear wheeeeeen
Re: Soldiers Invade Kurutie - Tompolo's Town In Six Gunboats, Molest Civilians by Free36(m): 11:23am On May 30, 2016
H

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Invade Kurutie - Tompolo's Town In Six Gunboats, Molest Civilians by hmuhammad(m): 11:46am On May 30, 2016
Free36:
I have been repeating this severally that failure to produce Niger Delta Avengers or Niger Delta Avengers to drop their weapon will surely bring "Odi" treatment on Niger Delta communities.

It's a pity that their youth refuse to Reason logically. When this militant (terrorist) were bombing, they were happy. Any reasonble youth among them should know where this will end.

My advice to their elder once again is to provide Tompolo and chase out Niger Delta Avengers from their land. This terrorist life did not worth the life of their villagers and the land their fore-fathers died for its existence..

Insult me as usual. The earlier you reason, the earlier its better
I once made a comment on Nairaland that "hope they won't cry genocide if the NA begins"
Well we are still watching

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Invade Kurutie - Tompolo's Town In Six Gunboats, Molest Civilians by LordAdam: 12:22pm On May 30, 2016
“I am looking at the soldiers from a hideout in the bush, they are going from house to house. We know their tactics, so we ran away when they landed this morning at the jetty in the town, belonging to Tompolo’s father,” an informant told Vanguard on phone at about 5.30am.

Pay attention to the bold.

The Niger Delta people are firm and have immeasurable resolve.

We have spent the last 55 years living under the shadow and being constantly harassed. This is nothing new.

We endured these intimidation in 1998/1999 during the Ijaw unrest when 10,00 to 15,000 soldiers occupied Bayelsa and Delta States and hundreds were killed in Operation Climate Change championed by the Ijaw Youth Council and in the 5 years (2004 to 2009) when militancy was in full swing. We can endure it till Jesus comes as long as the economy bleeds as well.

It should be said that even with these intimidations and extra-judicial killings, we actualized our vision.

Even after the Odi massacre in Bayelsa in 1999, the people did not lose faith. In the end we got Niger Delta Development Commission and implementation of the 13% derivation (agreed in 1995) the following year in 2000, and we got the Niger Delta ministry in 2008.

Niger Deltans lost their lives to get and actualize the 13% derivation. Today, the ungrateful mofos from the West are enjoying the dividends now that Ondo and Lagos produce oil. Even the North East would benefit from our sacrifice if the Chad basin exploration becomes successful.

Now these same useless idiots are calling for innocents to be killed ruthlessly like what happened to Odi.

Let Buhari do it.

We would get our republic faster.

Those who do not learn from history are bound to repeat it.

Niger Delta gained more than Nigeria after the Odi massacre. A Gbaramatu massacre would not be different.

Check the calendar people, it is not 1999, it is 2016.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Invade Kurutie - Tompolo's Town In Six Gunboats, Molest Civilians by Businessideas: 12:53pm On May 30, 2016
LordAdam:

Pay attention to the bold.

The Niger Delta people are firm and have immeasurable resolve.

We have spent the last 55 years living under the shadow and being constantly harassed. This is nothing new.

We endured these intimidation in 1998/1999 during the Ijaw unrest when 10,00 to 15,000 soldiers occupied Bayelsa and Delta States and hundreds were killed in Operation Climate Change championed by the Ijaw Youth Council and in the 5 years (2004 to 2009) when militancy was in full swing. We can endure it till Jesus comes as long as the economy bleeds as well.

It should be said that even with these intimidations and extra-judicial killings, we actualized our vision.

Even after the Odi massacre in Bayelsa in 1999, the people did not lose faith. In the end we got Niger Delta Development Commission and implementation of the 13% derivation (agreed in 1995) the following year in 2000, and we got the Niger Delta ministry in 2008.

Niger Deltans lost their lives to get and actualize the 13% derivation. Today, the ungrateful mofos from the West are enjoying the dividends now that Ondo and Lagos produce oil. Even the North East would benefit from our sacrifice if the Chad basin exploration becomes successful.

Now these same useless idiots are calling for innocents to be killed ruthlessly like what happened to Odi.

Let Buhari do it.

We would get our republic faster.

Those who do not learn from history are bound to repeat it.

Niger Delta gained more than Nigeria after the Odi massacre. A Gbaramatu massacre would not be different.

Check the calendar people, it is not 1999, it is 2016.

-Lord
I'm sure you can do better than this. Why not take a trip to Gbaramotu and give our soldiers this sermon.
You are destroying our national asset because Jonathan lost an election and you want the government to remain helpless?
Re: Soldiers Invade Kurutie - Tompolo's Town In Six Gunboats, Molest Civilians by LordAdam: 1:23pm On May 30, 2016
Businessideas:

I'm sure you can do better than this. Why not take a trip to Gbaramotu and give our soldiers this sermon.
You are destroying our national asset because Jonathan lost an election and you want the government to remain helpless?

I don't need to tell them what they already know.

Niger Delta people are resilient people. You can take that to the bank!

Niger Delta has been permanently occupied since 1998 by the Fulani military. We still achieve our goals.

Let them go ahead with the harassment.

A person that does one thing over and over again expecting different results every time is ret.arded.

Buhari, the South West, and their merry band of Fulani genocidal maniacs in camo are ret.arded!

-Lord
Re: Soldiers Invade Kurutie - Tompolo's Town In Six Gunboats, Molest Civilians by Businessideas: 2:42pm On May 30, 2016
LordAdam:

I don't need to tell them what they already know.

Niger Delta people are resilient people. You can take that to the bank!

Niger Delta has been permanently occupied since 1998 by the Fulani military. We still achieve our goals.

Let them go ahead with the harassment.

A person that does one thing over and over again expecting different results every time is ret.arded.

Buhari, the South West, and their merry band of Fulani genocidal maniacs in camo are ret.arded!

-Lord
It's so funny how you are indicting yourself. If Nigerdelta had been occupied since 1998,it then includes a period that your hero who lost an election because of his epic failure,also occupied your own part of Nigerdelta.
Yes, the Ijaw are resilient and that's why they fight every other tribes.If that's what you mean.
Look inward and ask your self honest question, would these Ijaw militants blow pipelines if Jonathan had not lost the election? Asari has a private university in Benin, Tompolo collected billions for community land and remited a paltry fraction to the community,significant portion of oil blocs are in the hands of Ijaw yet there's no difference in the community they operate, Diezani is Ijaw, Jonathan Is Ijaw, look inward. The election has been won and Buhari will rule, if you destroy the nation's assets because Jonathan lost an election, you will face the law.
Your conscience will judge you.
The government has played along until they were made the politically sponsored Ijaw militants to look like the aggressors.
Re: Soldiers Invade Kurutie - Tompolo's Town In Six Gunboats, Molest Civilians by LordAdam: 2:52pm On May 30, 2016
Businessideas:

It's so funny how you are indicting yourself. If Nigerdelta had been occupied since 1998,it then includes a period that your hero who lost an election because of his epic failure,also occupied your own part of Nigerdelta.
Yes, the Ijaw are resilient and that's why they fight every other tribes.If that's what you mean.
Look inward and ask your self honest question, would these Ijaw militants blow pipelines if Jonathan had not lost the election? Asari has a private university in Benin, Tompolo collected billions for community land and remited a paltry fraction to the community,significant portion of oil blocs are in the hands of Ijaw yet there's no difference in the community they operate, Diezani is Ijaw, Jonathan Is Ijaw, look inward. The election has been won and Buhari will rule, if you destroy the nation's assets because Jonathan lost an election, you will face the law.
Your conscience will judge you.
The government has played along until they were made to look like the aggressors.

Please.

Jonathan did not divide Nigeria into 95% and 5%.

Jonathan did not attempt to cancel amnesty or redact pipeline surveillance contracts.

Jonathan did not say the confab report is "useless."

I could continue.

Buhari brought this on himself!

Niger Delta cannot be transformed from the polluted cesspit that it is now to Dubai or Singapore in 6 years when the Northerners led by your re.tarded CIC promised to make Nigeria ungovernable.

Military presence substantially reduced after Jonathan took the seat as more soldiers were drafted to the North East to check the Boko Haram rampage.

That is not to say that there were no military presence to check the excesses of nefarious elements. Jonathan oversaw the killing of the militant John Togo and disbanding of the influential NPVDF militia.

So, stop linking the loss of Jonathan to renewed hostility in the Niger Delta.

Why did NDA wait from May 2015 to December 2015/January 2016 to start initiating acts of sabotage.

When tens of corpers were killed in 2011 in Bauchi and similar southern deaths in the North after Buhari lost the election and stirred the polity, did it happen 8 months after the election or immediately after the election?

It is okay to be biased. It is awful to be unintelligent.

You my good friend as just as biased as you are unintelligent.

-Lord
Re: Soldiers Invade Kurutie - Tompolo's Town In Six Gunboats, Molest Civilians by sanandreas(m): 2:55pm On May 30, 2016
Economy is already in shambles. Keep sending soldiers whom their wives would soon become widows.
Re: Soldiers Invade Kurutie - Tompolo's Town In Six Gunboats, Molest Civilians by Businessideas: 3:17pm On May 30, 2016
LordAdam:

Please.

Jonathan did not attempt to cancel amnesty or redact pipeline surveillance contracts.

I could continue.

Niger Delta cannot be transformed from the polluted cesspit that it is now to Dubai or Singapore in 6 years when the Northerners led by your re.tarded CIC promised to make Nigeria ungovernable.

Military presence substantially reduced after Jonathan took the seat as more soldiers were drafted to the North East to check the Boko Haram rampage.

That is not to say that there were no military presence to check the excesses of nefarious elements. Jonathan oversaw the killing of the militant John Togo and disbanding of the influential NPVDF militia.

Why did NDA wait from May 2015 to December 2015/January 2016 to start initiating acts of sabotage.

When tens of corpers were killed in 2011 in Bauchi and similar southern deaths in the North after Buhari lost the election and stirred the polity, did it happen 8 months after the election or immediately after the election?

-Lord
Save your explanations till you get to your gathering of those whose bond is the hatred for Buhari for defeating GEJ.
We voted out Jonathan because he abused our trust. Live with the fact or face the consequences if you can not wait till 2019.
And your insults? I can live with it.
Re: Soldiers Invade Kurutie - Tompolo's Town In Six Gunboats, Molest Civilians by Businessideas: 3:28pm On May 30, 2016
LordAdam:

Please.

I could continue.

-Lord
Please.
Save your mischief and explanations till you get to your gathering of those whose bond is the hatred for Buhari for defeating GEJ.
We voted out Jonathan because he abused our trust. Live with the fact or face the consequences if you can not wait till 2019.
Re: Soldiers Invade Kurutie - Tompolo's Town In Six Gunboats, Molest Civilians by LordAdam: 3:30pm On May 30, 2016
Businessideas:

Save your explanations till you get to your gathering of those whose bond is the hatred for Buhari for defeating GEJ.

Who are the we?

Bunch of unintelligent dimwits who chose a renegade senile dictator over a true progressive? Half of which now regret their choice.

15 million people voted for Buhari, 12 million people voted for GEJ. Many of those who voted for Buhari are regretting their choice. GEJ supporters are waxing stronger.

GEJ handed over peacefully. His supporters including myself accepted the loss in good faith.

We did not dictate to Buhari how to ruin the economy in 365 days. He did it by himself.

You are associated with Failure. Deal with it.

Stop chasing phantom enemies.

No body ordinarily would want to hate Buhari. What does he have that is worth hating? He has no certificate. Has only 150 cows. No foundation. No meaningful input. No award. Disgraced out of power the first time. Would likely be disgraced again.

He only expresses discontent and hate against the 5%. It is that hate originating from him that is ricocheting back at him.

I would say it again, Buhari has nothing that is worth hating. Every day he proves that to be true.

In fact, I pity him. He must be feeling like an i.diot really. Something he has already shown with his "why me?" lamentation on Aljazeera last year.

A man that cried after losing elections in 2011 for the third time. Whereas GEJ with smiles called him and congratulated him after losing an election.

Buhari is scared of his own shadow. That sort of paranoia is unhealthy.

You too are buying into that paranoia. Rather than look at issues objectively. You are scared everyone with a contrary view to Buhari's do not want him to succeed.

I actually prefer that you continue like that. So far, it has made you guys unable to do anything for 365 days.

-Lord
Re: Soldiers Invade Kurutie - Tompolo's Town In Six Gunboats, Molest Civilians by Businessideas: 3:33pm On May 30, 2016
sanandreas:
Economy is already in shambles. Keep sending soldiers whom their wives would soon become widows.

Now you see why we think your intentions are deliberately to frustrate the Buhari government because he defeated your hero, GEJ.
Stop plotting your people's death. Nigeria will defeat all of you and your sponsors
Re: Soldiers Invade Kurutie - Tompolo's Town In Six Gunboats, Molest Civilians by sanandreas(m): 3:40pm On May 30, 2016
Businessideas:

Now you see why we think your intentions are deliberately to frustrate the Buhari government because he defeated your hero, GEJ.
Stop plotting your people's death. Nigeria will defeat all of you and your sponsors

tongue
Re: Soldiers Invade Kurutie - Tompolo's Town In Six Gunboats, Molest Civilians by Businessideas: 3:48pm On May 30, 2016
LordAdam:

Who are the we?

Bunch of unintelligent dimwits who chose a renegade senile dictator over a true progressive? Half of which now regret their choice.

15 million people voted for Buhari, 12 million people voted for GEJ. Many of those who voted for Buhari are regretting their choice. GEJ supporters are waxing stronger.

GEJ handed over peacefully. His supporters including myself accepted the loss in good faith.

We did not dictate to Buhari how to ruin the economy in 365 days. He did it by himself.

You are associated with Failure. Deal with it.

Stop chasing phantom enemies.

No body ordinarily would want to hate Buhari. What does he have that is worth hating? He has no certificate. Has only 150 cows. No foundation. No meaningful input. No award. Disgraced out of power the first time. Would likely be disgraced again.

He only expresses discontent and hate against the 5%. It is that hate originating from him that is ricocheting back at him.

I would say it again, Buhari has nothing that is worth hating. Every day he proves that to be true.

In fact, I pity him. He must be feeling like an i.diot really. Something he has already shown with his "why me?" lamentation on Aljazeera last year.

A man that cried after losing elections in 2011 for the third time. Whereas GEJ with smiles called him and congratulated him after losing an election.

Buhari is scared of his own shadow. That sort of paranoia is unhealthy.

You too are buying into that paranoia. Rather than look at issues objectively. You are scared everyone with a contrary view to Buhari's do not want him to succeed.

I actually prefer that you continue like that. So far, it has made you guys unable to do anything for 365 days.

-Lord
So it's this painful to you to watch Nigerians vote out our former corrupt and ineffective leadership under Dr Jonathan

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Newly Built World Class Bus Park At Iyana Oworo By Lagos State Gov. / The Reason Dasuki Will Rot In Jail ( Maman Daura) / Three Militant Groups Accept To Dialogue With Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.