Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari (45183 Views)

I Will Cross Your National Red Line, Lere Olayinka Dares Buhari / Fayose Dares Aisha Buhari / Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by ganisucks(f): 6:04pm On May 30, 2016
AntiWailer:

That you are a male hiding under a female moniker does not make everybody weak like u.

#LAME. Try harder next time
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by ihatesycophant(m): 6:04pm On May 30, 2016
Was it not the same Fayose's election in 2014 that they stopped state governors from traveling to Ekiti state for campaign and many from entering Ado? I heard that time that the security agencies were doing their work as spoken by the then PDP and its agents. Does it mean those governors then had no immunity? If yes, it mean Adam Oshiomole was not enjoying immunity in his first term because his plane was disallowed from lifting.
Those supporting Fayose's lie today, hope you didn't hail them when they were doing such madness to sitting governors? They even blocked Rotimi Amaechi from entering governor's lodge and his plane severally was disallowed from lifting.

3 Likes

Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by okuneddie(m): 6:08pm On May 30, 2016
ihesiuloa:

You should be interpreting the constitution of the land rather than react to the actions or reactions done by an ex- president!

bros my reply was based on his post and nothing else.
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by babestella: 6:12pm On May 30, 2016
orimsamsam:
How far EGBON ayodele. You don pay ur workers salary.

This ayodele is just looking for attention.

Has Buhari and fashola given you electricity or jobs?

Today Fayose is a governor, what are you and who are you?

An illiterate Buhari has trampled over your destiny, most of you can't even get decent jobs, nor eat decent meals, nor have electricity, nor wear good clothings or pay your house rents you are here calling out Fayose.

Buharis kids are in good schools abroad, drive posh cars, live good life, have lots of cash $ to spend but you come online to talk about Fayose who had just voiced out his concern about a dictator running Nigeria. I pity you.

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 6:12pm On May 30, 2016
FAYOSE OR WHATEVER IS YOUR NAME
CARRY YOUR PORTMANTEAU FOR ANOTHER AIMLESS TRIP TO CHINA
A TRIAL WILL CONFUSE & EVENTUALLY CONVINCE YOU
MOST IDIOTIC GOVERNOR EVER
AMUNI SHIWI AMUNI SHISO.
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 6:12pm On May 30, 2016
AMUNI SHIWI AMUNI SHISO.
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by fearnoone(m): 6:13pm On May 30, 2016
dragon2000:
Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose has dared the Federal Government to carry out the alleged plot of preventing him from travelling out of the country, saying; “under the federal system of government, state governors are not appendages of the President and as a leading opposition figure in Nigeria, he cannot be cowed by
President Mohammadu Buhari and his agents.”

The governor, who reacted to reports that two governors, one from the Southwest and another from the South South have been placed on travel restriction on President Buhari’s order, in a press conference addressed by his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, said; whenever he wished to travel out Nigeria, he will do so in the full glare of the public.

He said; “I am not surprised or disappointed by this latest plot of the Buhari’s government because the President Buhari that we know is a man without any atom of respect for the rights of Nigerians as enshrined in the 1999 Constitution of Nigeria, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights and this he demonstrated as a military dictator and now demonstrating as a democratically elected president.”

The governor said he was however amazed that “this dangerous dimension of compelling a sitting governor that enjoys Constitutional Immunity like the President to obtain clearance from the Director General of the Department of State Service (DSS) before travelling out of Nigeria can ever be contemplated.”

He said President Buhari and his agents should be mindful of the fact that under a federal system of government, the states and national government both enjoy some autonomy, with sovereign power formally divided between the national government and the States such that each State retains some degree of control over its internal affairs.

Olayinka, who was flanked by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr Idowu Adelusi said; “Few days ago, when Governor Ayodele Fayose was reliably informed that President Mohammadu Buhari had directed that he should be banned from traveling outside Nigeria, he simply took the information as mere rumour, concluding that disrespect for the constitution of Nigeria and Buhari’s dictatorship would not be extended to the most ridiculous level of preventing a governor elected just as the president from traveling out of the country.

“The thinking of Governor Fayose was that even though the Buhari’s presidency was capable of even attempting to prevent those opposed to the President from breathing the air, it must still be sane enough to be conscious of the consequences of placing any Nigerian under travel ban without an order of the court, not to talk of a sitting governor that enjoys constitutional immunity like the President.

“However, when we read the story titled; “2 govs under watch, face travel ban” published on Sunday by two major national dailies, we have no option than to once again alert the public on President Buhari’s new dictatorial plot to infringe on the constitutional rights of Governor Fayose just because of his critical position on the President’s dictatorial tendencies.

“The question is; if Governor Fayose has become a threat to the security of Nigeria just because he criticises President Buhari and says the truth about his mis-governance of the country, is this not a confirmation that the President hates dissenting views?

“Section 35 (1) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended) provides that; “Every person shall be entitled to his personal liberty and no person shall be deprived of such liberty,” while Section 41 (1) provides that “Every citizen of Nigeria is entitled to move freely throughout Nigeria and to reside in any part thereof, and no citizen of Nigeria shall be expelled from Nigeria or refused entry thereto or exit therefrom.”

“Article 13 (1) of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights to which Nigeria is a signatory provides that ‘Everyone has the right to freedom of

movement and residence within the border of each State’ while Article 13 (2) provides that ‘Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and return to his country,’ ditto Article 12 (2) of the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights.

“President Buhari and his agents should also be mindful of the fact that under a federal system of government, the states and national government both enjoy some autonomy, with sovereign power formally divided between the national government and the States such that each State retains some degree of control over its internal affairs.

“Therefore, the President of Nigeria cannot lord himself over any State governor and President Buhari and his agents should accept this basic reality and stop behaving as if they own Nigeria in totality.

“President Buhari and his agents, especially his kinsman; Alhaji Lawal Daura of the DSS need to purge themselves of this blood of dictatorship running in their veins and be guided by the Constitution of Nigeria.

“Even ordinary Nigerians do not require clearance from the DSS or any security agency to travel outside Nigeria unless travel restriction is placed by an order of the court, not to talk of State Governors that enjoy immunity just like the President and are not under the control of the President.

“The president and his agents should know that this is not 1984 when General Buhari, as a military dictator prevented late Chief Obafemi Awolowo from travelling outside Nigeria for medical treatment, thereby leading to his (Awolowo) untimely death in 1987!

“They should also be reminded that the same way Buhari humiliated the late Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade; late Emir of Kano Alhaji Ado Bayero and late Obi of Onitsha, Ofala Akulalia Alphonsus Ogugua in 1984 by seizing their passports and restricting them to their palaces just because they travelled to Israel for business, he cannot restrict State governors from travelling outside Nigeria under whatever guise.

“I therefore wish to state on behalf of Governor Ayodele Fayose that as an opposition figure, he cannot be cowed by this pettiness from the presidency. Governor Fayose, by this press conference is daring President Buhari and his anti-democratic agents to carry out this evil and shameful plot and let us all see how far it will take them.

“Anytime Governor Fayose wishes to travel out of Nigeria, he will do so in the full glare of the public and we await how he will be prevented from exercising his rights as enshrined in the 1999 Constitution (as amended) as well as the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights.

“We also wish to inform the President and his DSS men that as they were disgraced when they invaded Ekiti State House of Assembly, arresting members of the House indiscriminately, they will be put to shame this time too.

“Also, the National Assembly is being alerted of this new threat to the Constitution of Nigeria by those who swore to protect it. Members of the National Assembly should by now begin to imagine what will be their fate if attempt is now being made to place travel restriction on State Governors.

“It is our considered view that President Buhari should rather concern himself with the growing insecurity in the country and charge the security agencies, especially the DSS to perform their functions as enshrined in the constitution instead of running after petty issues.

“The President should focus his attention on the economy of Nigeria that is almost collapsing and stop using his position to oppress other Nigerians. He should know that Nigerians are only interested in having food on their tables, not the number of people their President hounds into detention or oppress with his powers.”

http://.com/you-cant-stop-me-from-travelling-abroad-fayose-tells-buhari/

Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 6:17pm On May 30, 2016
ALMUSTAQIM:
AMUNI SHIWI AMUNI SHISO.
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by dklex(m): 6:18pm On May 30, 2016
wunmi590:
This is the kind of person we need in Nigeria.

U have him now,before he was impeached, is here again, not minding his business than been lousy all over the place, as if he is the only PDP governor left in the country.
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by babdap: 6:20pm On May 30, 2016
Pay the Civil and Public servants in Ekiti State before you travel. Infact any Governor owing salaries shouldn't be allowed to board any aircraft for so ever reason.
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by omonuhabi(m): 6:20pm On May 30, 2016
When Obj drove removed him frm being govnr the other time, he ran ti ibadan and hiding inside the roof, this time there will be no hiding place for him. Smh.
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by MrKamar(m): 6:22pm On May 30, 2016
grin no wonder he police men for him house inside magodo phase 2 estate deh behave like am. Worst thing, the house go deh my street grin
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by Clebaba: 6:23pm On May 30, 2016
How I wish we have up to 3 governors lik YOU (Fayose) who can talk sense into Mr Bubu. His dictatorship is just too much. He needs to be reminded that this is a democracy and not military era.
Thumbs up for you Fayosoe.
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by DeRay98(m): 6:32pm On May 30, 2016
ganisucks:
I love Fayose. He is a real man. No male on Nairaland is half the man he is.

Notice-mi teenagers with cheap smart phone running their idle fingers to type what they know nothing about.
Fayose only impreses illiterates like you

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 30, 2016
Oga Fayose wan become VP by all force in the next election
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by Luukasz(m): 6:34pm On May 30, 2016
ganisucks:
Is your Pop Man(Father) one quarter(1/4) the man I am?.
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by AlanSugar(m): 6:35pm On May 30, 2016
ganisucks:

And when exactly did fools become men?
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by kelly72: 6:36pm On May 30, 2016
If Buhari actually gave that order, then he needs immediate psychiatric attention. This is not Islamic Republic of Daura. It is a federal republic and somebody should quickly teach him before he shit for body again.
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by coolplanet: 6:41pm On May 30, 2016
madridguy:
Fayose for crying out loud you are not the only governor in SW. Well, if you have the ball make attempt to travel out whether Ekiti civil servant won't turn to DSS and drag you on the floor. Oniranu gomina

Omo eranko jatijati
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by OpinionCounts(m): 6:48pm On May 30, 2016
okuneddie:

bros I hope u didn't forget that ameachi and other govs were under immunity when GEJ didn't allow them to enter Ekiti state then.....some couldn't fly from their state airport and others were stopped at Ondo/ekiti state border.....they were even moving within the country ooo....what do u say of such sir

.......I thought we have a government of CHANGE, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by Ndolarr: 6:49pm On May 30, 2016
Fayose talks too much without action! He should just dust up his traveling documents and attempt to even go as far as Accra!! It is then we will know who can or cannot stop him from traveling out!!! Until then, all his noise is like the shakara of a typical Agbero at Oshodi in Lagos.
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by RicksonUdofia(m): 6:50pm On May 30, 2016
Fayose's only sin is that he banned herdsmen baa...is that enough to perceive the action as antiNigeria? Has the government addressed the menace of FH effectively? I see its only in this administration that a cow's life is valued more than a man's. Foolish Aboki!

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by MsFaith: 6:50pm On May 30, 2016
DickDastardly:
The basstard dullardd cant ofcourse ...Fayose carry go ... btw, seems the burukutu sipping dulllard is becoming more desperate ..... when next is his forged certificate court case sef? cool

bastard dullardshocked, na so you hate human being reach?
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 30, 2016
Na Fayose ask question na im provide answer. Next will be... Tell Buhari I will ride Okada despite DSS order that I should not ride Okada...Buhari cannot stop me from drinking garri... Of all wahala wey dey buhari hand na u im go dey follow. Im don fight Recession, Ipob, NDA, Massop finish? I must popular by force governor. If dem born u pay only workers wey no join NLC strike...u go hear am
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by waziri4biz: 7:08pm On May 30, 2016
madridguy:
Fayose for crying out loud you are not the only governor in SW. Well, if you have the ball make attempt to travel out whether Ekiti civil servant won't turn to DSS and drag you on the floor. Oniranu gomina
I am really disappointed how you think.
If the president can think of infringe on the rights of a GOVERNOR then what stops him from over humiliating an ordinary Nigerian. You seem not to understand the consequences of the presidents actions on Nigerians. Why do you think a police man can easily embarrass you crossing his bounds where do u think that comes from. Stop allowing the SAI BUHARI'S fanaticism cloud ur sense of logical reasoning.
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by linearity: 7:09pm On May 30, 2016
Super1Star2:
Last time I checked, the publications did not name any Governor?

Fayose you are a PUMA.

Even if the publication did not mention names as you summised, that did not invalidate the sustain of his argument -ditto- The President cannot unilaterally impend the movement of any citizen of Nigeria, without a court order; albeit the movement of a constitutionally immuned citizen who was elected by the citizens, just like the President and draws autonomy from the same constitution from which the President draws his.

I do not like this guy, but he is one of the vocal opposition to the President and for our democracy to mature, we need more oppositions. Yes, the opposition do not always get it right, I do not know anywhere in the world, where the opposition gets it right all the time.

A heathy democracy need dissidents and contrary voices, we should encourage and not muzzle these voices.
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by madridguy(m): 7:11pm On May 30, 2016
Tell me where DSS mention Fayose's name abi na only Fayose dey SW? I don't want assumption Pls.

waziri4biz:

I am really disappointed how you think.
If the president can think of infringe on the rights of a GOVERNOR then what stops him from over humiliating an ordinary Nigerian. You seem not to understand the consequences of the presidents actions on Nigerians. Why do you think a police man can easily embarrass you crossing his bounds where do u think that comes from. Stop allowing the SAI BUHARI'S fanaticism cloud ur sense of logical reasoning.
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by kingsfield(m): 7:15pm On May 30, 2016
phemmyutd:

I remembered when Gej grounded Amaechi and co aircraft in Kano. Nothing happens
What was d reason of him bn refused entry into dat state then?

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 30, 2016
I guess some people dont understand what democracy or federalism means... Just thinking aloud!
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by abimic(m): 7:32pm On May 30, 2016
Well, PMB doesn't even have a piece of time for u, u just dissipate energy over who cares less about u, don't develop BP over PMB o. The likes of El Rufai, Amaechi, etc were grounded at the airport that they resorted to hiding when driving despite being top notch in government. What they say is good for the goose is good for the gander. That said, if PMB wants to ground Fayose, he would be prevented from travelling abroad and nothing, yes no shit would happen. He would only have his say, but PMB would have his way, fayose the lawyer beater. Nonetheless, PMB has got better issues to get him occupied than this kpomo cutting governor going about nailing buhari each time he grants press interview on the presidency.
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by Tundeiab(m): 7:33pm On May 30, 2016
ORACLE1975:
Mr governor hope say you don take your drug abi......

A dictator is trying to deprive a sitting governor his fundamental human right and you are supporting him;I pity you. When Buhari is done with is supposed enemies he will come after ordinary citizens like you and I.

I pity you no b Small
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by oluwafemtos: 7:35pm On May 30, 2016
Fishout:
Fayose,your gra gra is too much to buhari, u can not do such a thing to obasanjo. Ha ha ha .
I know he can't do such to obasanjo... Buhari is too gentle that's y and it's Jonathan administration that gave citizens freedom of speech. That's y, mumu governor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abdulsalami Abubakar Reacts To Quit Notice Given To Igbos By Arewa Youths / Lauretta Onochie: Apostle Suleman's Omega Fire Ministries Replies Buhari's Aide / Extend Lockdown For Another Two Weeks, PDP Reps Tell Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.