Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari (45187 Views)

I Will Cross Your National Red Line, Lere Olayinka Dares Buhari / Fayose Dares Aisha Buhari / Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by emmyw(m): 5:19pm On May 30, 2016
Xbabangida:
This animal again.

A Lady Like You Calling A Man That Mean No Harm To You An Animal, May God Have Mercy On You!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by Phi001(m): 5:19pm On May 30, 2016
free2blast:
Lol...guy why na? That man na correct guy o. I mean a down to earth gburuguru cutting kponmo in the street, isn't that down to earth, noble and statemanly? grin
grin grin grin he too like talk joor....

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by okuneddie(m): 5:19pm On May 30, 2016
phemmyutd:

I remembered when Gej grounded Amaechi and co aircraft in Kano. Nothing happens

God bless u bro.....his supporters will be here claiming holy than thou
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by psamuel618(m): 5:21pm On May 30, 2016
Every individual rights must be respected!!! He got every right to do whatever that pleases him and no sitting president whatsoever can deprive him of his right. So if really PMB is stopping him from travelling, HE should think twice and focus on improving Nigeria Economy and not stopping Fayose from travelling. Nigeria needs a working President for now...

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by Roadmike(m): 5:21pm On May 30, 2016
wayaa007:
Waec 2019 Civic Studies question

1.What do Fayose and lai Mohammed, have in common? (100mks)

Nothing, It is like comparing Night and Day, where Fayose is the Day and Lai the lier is Darkness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 30, 2016
ganisucks:
I love Fayose. He is a real man. No male in my family is half the man he is.
Fixed.

2 Likes

Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by bimbo2k10: 5:25pm On May 30, 2016
Mr noise maker, just pray that u are one of those governors that will be placed on ban, then we shall see how powerful u are.
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by viscocom(m): 5:26pm On May 30, 2016
i concur
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by omokab: 5:28pm On May 30, 2016
If I were you Mr. Fayose,i will just travel out of country to proove my worth. Aroye okun agbon. There is no need of talking too much and be looking for support just travel and let us see who cap can enter his head.
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by hatchy(f): 5:28pm On May 30, 2016
Fayoshe! Fayoshe!! Fayoshe!!! How many times did I call you,3 abi??

Heed to doctor's advice and stop taking that stuff its not good for you.Face governance and leave Oshogbo stuff kwanu.

Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by Godson32(m): 5:29pm On May 30, 2016
Very soon we will stop this dullard Buhari from travelling lols,he thinks thru his anus.
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by LordAdam: 5:29pm On May 30, 2016
JaredNormak:
Man, man your lane, I'm not your darling LordAdam. I should also remind you that gay activities in Nigeria attracts a 14 year jail term.

Please, ignore that gay lunatic.

For some weird reason he is obsessed with my username.

Silence, they say, is the best answer to a ****.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by Ayofetee(m): 5:30pm On May 30, 2016
It happened during Jonathan regime wen d likes of amaechi den rivers state gov n others were prevented frm entering ekiti for fayemi's campaign while others couldn't even fly frm their own state on the order of d presidency..
Over to you anti-Buhari
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by everozone: 5:31pm On May 30, 2016
Let's call a spade a spade.Buhari is a dictator.He is suffering from military hangover.The dictatorial attitude of Buhari should be condemed by well meaning Nigerians before he throws this nation into anarchy.

2 Likes

Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 30, 2016
wunmi590:
This is the kind of person we need in Nigeria.
The person who doesn't pay salaries but pays himself, including estacode. The person who doesn't create employment but parades his fellow citizens with 10kg of rice and malnourished chicken on their heads. The person who eats amala by roadside and spends half the time abusing the President. Thank God I'm not from Ekiti. So embarrassing.

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by hatchy(f): 5:32pm On May 30, 2016
free2ryhme:

this is a fabricate story

Seun.... SSS know your house ooooo
You quoted all that article and consumed space just to spew that rubbish there.Na fufu dey that your skull.

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by free2blast(m): 5:32pm On May 30, 2016
Haute:

Fixed.
Badt guy....you mean not ever her father or brother is half a man. Na wa o grin

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 30, 2016
Like say pmb even get strength to fight fayose sef.Na security dey help him
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by hatchy(f): 5:33pm On May 30, 2016
free2ryhme:

this is a fabricate story

Seun.... SSS know your house ooooo
You quoted all that article and consumed space just to spew that rubbish there.Na fufu dey that your skull.

Now receive brain!
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by free2blast(m): 5:34pm On May 30, 2016
hatchy:
Fayoshe! Fayoshe!! Fayoshe!!! How many times did I call you,3 abi??

Heed to doctor's advice and stop taking that stuff its not good for you.Face governance and leave Oshogbo stuff kwanu.
Guy you na strong ma o...shuo! Na wetin you dey always drag before you login Nairaland everyday be that shocked

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by daniel2016: 5:38pm On May 30, 2016
Knowledge is life. Ilitrate no good at all
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by Kassidy90(m): 5:39pm On May 30, 2016
wunmi590:
If you re a civil servant in Ekiti u won't say so
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by heywhytech1(m): 5:42pm On May 30, 2016
wunmi590:
you don't need to generalize it, me personally don't need the man with animalistic behavior.
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by free2ryhme: 5:45pm On May 30, 2016
hatchy:

Now receive brain!

make i go find chain for your madness grin
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by ndibeemma(m): 5:45pm On May 30, 2016
ganisucks:
I love Fayose. He is a real man. No male on Nairaland is half the man he is.
Bit*****h infact your real dad...
you're 100years worse than patience Jonathan
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by IamPatriotic(m): 5:48pm On May 30, 2016
Fayose, the President General of the disgruntled Igbo of the region of the rising sun.
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by mikki123(m): 5:53pm On May 30, 2016
Is this Democracy or Militocracy?
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by Myself2(m): 5:54pm On May 30, 2016
Choi Oshoko no go kill this dullard from Daura with heart attack.
Dem no born Buhari to try that nonsense, not with Oshoko
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by AntiWailer: 5:57pm On May 30, 2016
ganisucks:
I love Fayose. He is a real man. No male on Nairaland is half the man he is.

That you are a male hiding under a female moniker does not make everybody weak like u.
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 30, 2016
this veritable bugaboo, emblem and epitome of stupidity. A mere disgrace to homo sapiens is here again craving for attention. Too much of dis stupidity is bad for ur state and the country.Anytime I hear ekiti, all I can think of is thuggery. this idiot is really smearing d glory of ekiti state in mud. get well soon fayose #Agbaya #alainioronu #empty barrel
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by babayinka77(m): 6:03pm On May 30, 2016
dragon2000:
Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose has dared the Federal Government to carry out the alleged plot of preventing him from travelling out of the country, saying; “under the federal system of government, state governors are not appendages of the President and as a leading opposition figure in Nigeria, he cannot be cowed by
President Mohammadu Buhari and his agents.”

The governor, who reacted to reports that two governors, one from the Southwest and another from the South South have been placed on travel restriction on President Buhari’s order, in a press conference addressed by his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, said; whenever he wished to travel out Nigeria, he will do so in the full glare of the public.

He said; “I am not surprised or disappointed by this latest plot of the Buhari’s government because the President Buhari that we know is a man without any atom of respect for the rights of Nigerians as enshrined in the 1999 Constitution of Nigeria, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights and this he demonstrated as a military dictator and now demonstrating as a democratically elected president.”

The governor said he was however amazed that “this dangerous dimension of compelling a sitting governor that enjoys Constitutional Immunity like the President to obtain clearance from the Director General of the Department of State Service (DSS) before travelling out of Nigeria can ever be contemplated.”

He said President Buhari and his agents should be mindful of the fact that under a federal system of government, the states and national government both enjoy some autonomy, with sovereign power formally divided between the national government and the States such that each State retains some degree of control over its internal affairs.

Olayinka, who was flanked by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr Idowu Adelusi said; “Few days ago, when Governor Ayodele Fayose was reliably informed that President Mohammadu Buhari had directed that he should be banned from traveling outside Nigeria, he simply took the information as mere rumour, concluding that disrespect for the constitution of Nigeria and Buhari’s dictatorship would not be extended to the most ridiculous level of preventing a governor elected just as the president from traveling out of the country.

“The thinking of Governor Fayose was that even though the Buhari’s presidency was capable of even attempting to prevent those opposed to the President from breathing the air, it must still be sane enough to be conscious of the consequences of placing any Nigerian under travel ban without an order of the court, not to talk of a sitting governor that enjoys constitutional immunity like the President.

“However, when we read the story titled; “2 govs under watch, face travel ban” published on Sunday by two major national dailies, we have no option than to once again alert the public on President Buhari’s new dictatorial plot to infringe on the constitutional rights of Governor Fayose just because of his critical position on the President’s dictatorial tendencies.

“The question is; if Governor Fayose has become a threat to the security of Nigeria just because he criticises President Buhari and says the truth about his mis-governance of the country, is this not a confirmation that the President hates dissenting views?

“Section 35 (1) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended) provides that; “Every person shall be entitled to his personal liberty and no person shall be deprived of such liberty,” while Section 41 (1) provides that “Every citizen of Nigeria is entitled to move freely throughout Nigeria and to reside in any part thereof, and no citizen of Nigeria shall be expelled from Nigeria or refused entry thereto or exit therefrom.”

“Article 13 (1) of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights to which Nigeria is a signatory provides that ‘Everyone has the right to freedom of

movement and residence within the border of each State’ while Article 13 (2) provides that ‘Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and return to his country,’ ditto Article 12 (2) of the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights.

“President Buhari and his agents should also be mindful of the fact that under a federal system of government, the states and national government both enjoy some autonomy, with sovereign power formally divided between the national government and the States such that each State retains some degree of control over its internal affairs.

“Therefore, the President of Nigeria cannot lord himself over any State governor and President Buhari and his agents should accept this basic reality and stop behaving as if they own Nigeria in totality.

“President Buhari and his agents, especially his kinsman; Alhaji Lawal Daura of the DSS need to purge themselves of this blood of dictatorship running in their veins and be guided by the Constitution of Nigeria.

“Even ordinary Nigerians do not require clearance from the DSS or any security agency to travel outside Nigeria unless travel restriction is placed by an order of the court, not to talk of State Governors that enjoy immunity just like the President and are not under the control of the President.

“The president and his agents should know that this is not 1984 when General Buhari, as a military dictator prevented late Chief Obafemi Awolowo from travelling outside Nigeria for medical treatment, thereby leading to his (Awolowo) untimely death in 1987!

“They should also be reminded that the same way Buhari humiliated the late Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade; late Emir of Kano Alhaji Ado Bayero and late Obi of Onitsha, Ofala Akulalia Alphonsus Ogugua in 1984 by seizing their passports and restricting them to their palaces just because they travelled to Israel for business, he cannot restrict State governors from travelling outside Nigeria under whatever guise.

“I therefore wish to state on behalf of Governor Ayodele Fayose that as an opposition figure, he cannot be cowed by this pettiness from the presidency. Governor Fayose, by this press conference is daring President Buhari and his anti-democratic agents to carry out this evil and shameful plot and let us all see how far it will take them.

“Anytime Governor Fayose wishes to travel out of Nigeria, he will do so in the full glare of the public and we await how he will be prevented from exercising his rights as enshrined in the 1999 Constitution (as amended) as well as the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights.

“We also wish to inform the President and his DSS men that as they were disgraced when they invaded Ekiti State House of Assembly, arresting members of the House indiscriminately, they will be put to shame this time too.

“Also, the National Assembly is being alerted of this new threat to the Constitution of Nigeria by those who swore to protect it. Members of the National Assembly should by now begin to imagine what will be their fate if attempt is now being made to place travel restriction on State Governors.

“It is our considered view that President Buhari should rather concern himself with the growing insecurity in the country and charge the security agencies, especially the DSS to perform their functions as enshrined in the constitution instead of running after petty issues.

“The President should focus his attention on the economy of Nigeria that is almost collapsing and stop using his position to oppress other Nigerians. He should know that Nigerians are only interested in having food on their tables, not the number of people their President hounds into detention or oppress with his powers.”

http://.com/you-cant-stop-me-from-travelling-abroad-fayose-tells-buhari/

After all said, I don't know what's going on that would warrant Fayoshe being prevented from travelling abroad, the part that struck me though is where a section of the constitution was quoted '' Section 41 (1) provides that “Every citizen of Nigeria is entitled to move freely throughout Nigeria and to reside in any part thereof, and no citizen of Nigeria shall be expelled from Nigeria or refused entry there to or exit therefrom.” .... then I realised that Fayoshe didn't understand their was something called the constitution when he said All Fulanis are banned from Ekiti State. Knowing fully well the position of the constitution. Fayoshe is now crying foul.

3 Likes

Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari by ihesiuloa(m): 6:03pm On May 30, 2016
okuneddie:

bros I hope u didn't forget that ameachi and other govs were under immunity when GEJ didn't allow them to enter Ekiti state then.....some couldn't fly from their state airport and others were stopped at Ondo/ekiti state border.....they were even moving within the country ooo....what do u say of such sir
You should be interpreting the constitution of the land rather than react to the actions or reactions done by an ex- president!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Presents A Gift To Arase, Outgoing IG Of Police ( Photos) / Soldiers & Policemen Clash Over Girlfriend In Yobe, 4 Policemen & 1 Soldier Die / Jonathan Feigns Ignorance Of Wife’s Whereabouts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.