Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone (53012 Views)

Benefits Of Having A Verified Social Media Account. / Backup & Restore KIK Chats From Iphone / Ipad / Ipod Touch / How Can I Download Two Kik On My Fone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by seunlayi(m): 10:15pm On May 30, 2016
The country called Nigeria has missed Road
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by adimoh99(m): 10:15pm On May 30, 2016
Welcome to Naija
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:17pm On May 30, 2016
Lol I never see that Police officer wey go tell me to give am my phone.... we go know who be who that day!

1 Like

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by stanisbaratheon: 10:18pm On May 30, 2016
thank God you're out of their clutches. If anything had happened to you they would have probably called you an armed robber
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by soos: 10:18pm On May 30, 2016
grin God bless all G-boi. More money in our account. APC!!! Change.

1 Like

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by ilobex(m): 10:19pm On May 30, 2016
Sars in kwara state is anoda things else xpecially in ilorin, imagine them searching thru corpers phone with nysc uniform.

1 Like

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by merits(m): 10:20pm On May 30, 2016
Bros stop be a gamer,be a farmer.

See my tractor below(pix)
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by ALAYORMII: 10:20pm On May 30, 2016
Otunba4eva:
Oops, you particularly caused every thing that happen to you. Why? You lacked the ability to express yourself properly before an officer. Thank your God they didn't battered your face before they released you. They have seen the fret in you, you are already choking and they took advantage of you. You aren't properly inform about the law and you don't even know your fundamental human right.

Fundamental human right in Nigeria?

I don't think you have ever been arrested by a uniformed armed robber (police)

4 Likes

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Lastdon02(m): 10:21pm On May 30, 2016
Samtoby:
Like an hour ago, I was at the back sit of SARS vehicle with handcuffs in my hands. They said am a Yahoo boy for having a kik application on my smartphone.

I was traveling from Omu Aran to ilorin, I pressed up, wearing my blue Jean, T shirt, my newly bought African shaped neck chain and All stars sneakers. So the journey began and we passed the first police check point and few minutes after continuing the journey, we got to SARS people (at a junction in about entering Oke Onigbin town) and we were told to come down (all boys), I first feel scared but also I have nothing to be scared off cause I have the receipt for all my gadget with me, so I keep calm and answer his question perfectly. He check my pocket and found my two phones (Lumia 535 and Infinix Note 2), he check my bags and found my belongings (books, wires and my laptops), he asked if I have the receipt and I answered yes. Then he said I should unlock my phone (Note 2), I did and he start checking then he saw a social media app (KIK) on my phone, he asked if am a "game boy" and I said yes, all my mind was he is asking about video games because I have up to 20 games on my phone. He check other guys then told me to follow him, I did and he said "it's good that I don't lie", he asked my school and my name and I told him. Then from no where he said am a "Yahoo boy", the soul in me seems to left my body that moment, I realise am in big soup and I start swearing on everything that comes to my mouth. I deny his allegations then he start frowning and threat to destroy my career in school and that I will go to jail if I didn't confess, so I decided to come down to his level and ask how much to settle him, he said 20k, I started begging but he's desperate and then he called his boss, an old man, to my surprise he also lay the same allegations and all I can do is start begging and swearing am not a Yahoo boy.

After begging and rejecting their allegations, I was told to sit behind their vehicle, I did and they close the door on me while one of them keep saying they should handcuff me, I keep rejecting their allegations and then the guy earlier attempted to slap me right in the vehicle I sat in, he then decided to handcuff me from then. They start claiming they will destroy my life, that I agreed to been a Yahoo boy and then I started denying it again. I decided to keep shut and wait till my dad comes since we are not too far from home and I have signal to my brother (we both traveling together) to call my dad which he did, I waited and didn't talk to them anymore. Every cars passing were all looking at me right behind the vehicle, I felt embarrassed.

My dad came and they attended to him, they tell him what they said I am (yahoo boy) and that I have admit it, he knowing fully well who I am, told them that I am not and he knows fully what I do online. He told them that I am an importer and also work online as a freelance graphic designer. They said the app is for Yahoo boys and not app to import goods. I can't help but burst into tears because am presently embarrassing my dad along with me.

The boss then show my dad an app on his phone but my dad doesn't know anything about this stuff, the boss told me to explain what happened in front of my dad, I did and he ask why I have those apps on my phone, I explain am an importer and also an online person but he left and asked the first guy to attend to us. So my dad asked what the solution is since he knows they all want money, I didn't hear what goes next but he later gave them 2k after demanding for 5k, they removed the handcuff, gave my phone back to me and we left.

I have never experienced anything like this in my entire 20 years on earth, I only hear it but it happened to me today. It makes it my first time in their car or police car and first time of been in handcuff (which breaks my heart).

This is purely violation of human right and I regret that I have no evidence to follow this up. But never can I forget their faces on this earth.

***The app (Kik) is a social media app which I used to chat with a friend in Los Angeles, not a very common app in Nigeria but one of the most used app in USA making it the only social app to connect with her.

If this is what Nigeria has become (became), then it's a sad story.

Don't know if this is the right section, mods plz help forward to Front Page.

my brother this is how they do o i stay in ilorin and i am a freelancer graphic designer also they once challenged me but one naira i no pay o

get a business card okay?

1 Like

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 30, 2016
Had similar experience while in Kwara about a year ago. I had the power to get them sacked but had to let it go.
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by banmee(m): 10:25pm On May 30, 2016
Oh sweet memories. I remember once when i was stopped by a policeman at a check point and after checking my papers, they demanded egunje. I refused. Since they saw that i was not going to comply they demanded to do a thorough check of my vehicle and person. I did not object, especially since i noticed they had been drinking and had riffles on them. After looking through my wallet, they saw a credit card and automatically labeled me a yahoo guy. They said i had to cough out 50k else i would spend the night in detention. I said no problem. I asked if it was possible to call someone to bring the money for me and they said yes. I promptly called the U.S consulate and they sent a representative down to the check point to see what was going on. Americans don't phuck around when it comes to their citizens. The funny thing was the policemen didn't understand who they were and tried to arrest them for having illegal plates. So funny. After grasping the situation, come see begging. God, i felt so good. From being called yahoo boy they started begging on their knees calling me "oga". Nigeria is so phucked.

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by JAWASIL(m): 10:26pm On May 30, 2016
You must have embarrassed your dad with the kind of English you were SPARKING that day. Honestly dude, you need work. Go learn how to speak and comprehend sentences properly. It helps.

5 Likes

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by harsysky(m): 10:26pm On May 30, 2016
What kind of useless question is [size=40pt] Are you a game boy?[/size] I don taya for Naija forces o.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by abbeyty(m): 10:27pm On May 30, 2016
why this country is so messed up like this, harassing innocent people you are paid to protect. God if na sin make u forgive us ohh, but come ohh wetin happen to all those fasting and prayers by Nigerian religion leaders?
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by ibkgab001: 10:27pm On May 30, 2016
Next time please don`t argue with someone who doesn`t have better thing to offer in life again .... they know this real Yahoo boys but trust me ... they will never do anything to them simply because they have settle thier boss boss up to inspector General Level so nothing again they can do to them and mind you Most YAHOO LORDS drive with Police spy and Police convoy

#ASKOPASIX
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by lereinter(m): 10:30pm On May 30, 2016
This is the kind of job that more than a

Million Nigeria youth ve applied for

A job full with curses.

4 Likes

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by shollyboy2: 10:32pm On May 30, 2016
Sorry bro..... But I need welcome you to Nigeria Formally.
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 30, 2016
ffs KIK has over 100 million users. How the hell is it meant for Yahoo boys? I use Kik to coordinate attacks on a few games that I play since all my team mates are outside Nigeria.
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 30, 2016
xmich:

chai what an embarrasing moment,sorry dear that is the price you have to pay as a nigerian.
Most of this said yahoo boys our security operatives dey catch na like this ooh,if you dont have any body to come for your rescue at that moment once it gets to station them go beat you sotee you concur,just thank your stars your dad knows your biz and was alarted earlier if not by tomorrow the news on nairaland would have been - 20yrs old yahoo boy nabbed by Special Anti Robbery Squad
that is true brother nigerian police is so dam corrupted

And once the story turns up like that lol Lala will sharply push it front page
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by cmpunk: 10:33pm On May 30, 2016
Your phone or laptop is your 'dairy'. They have no right to check it but most people don't know and in Nigeria, anything goes

1 Like

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by iamadedotun(m): 10:34pm On May 30, 2016
it happens to me lastwk on the same road when cumin from abuja i was ask to drop 4times within omu aran 2 ilorin. First F-sars,Operation harmony,safer highways. This monsters knows the real criminals buh wnt go afta them. The harrassment on youth z too much on the road

2 Likes

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by damola44(m): 10:35pm On May 30, 2016
Are you a game boy?, seriously game boy kor psp ni
Sorry jare op, take heart.
The idiots will get what's coming to them
undecided undecided undecided
Stupid police force.
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by popcykaylah(m): 10:35pm On May 30, 2016
Omo ase...can't stop lauging...learner..them know say you no be Yahoo boy..but because you don dey panic na why them put handcuffs on you be that.them no dey put handcuffs for gboys hands ..na just settlement them go ask for ...pele..guess you don learn now.. grin

1 Like

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by chekasforchekas: 10:35pm On May 30, 2016
It happened to me too, in Enugu I was told to call all the contacts on my viber app lol and my car slept in they station for one night.
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by adesteve0606(m): 10:35pm On May 30, 2016
Yahoo boy plenty for town too.
Cure or reverse your diabetes status today
https://www.nairaland.com/3093513/7-early-signs-type-2=45437035
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by koboko69: 10:36pm On May 30, 2016
Tundeiab:
Hmmm

That's the new change we are experiencing o.

Human rights are no longer respected!!!

They have a mentor in Buhari.

What kind of people are u guys. As a matter of fact this menace have reduced under this administration.

In the past it was helll......not for me though, cos it can't happen to me.

I know how many SOS calls i receive from hustling guys compared to now.

Can u as a young guy dress sweet and walk around Ikeja, Ogba, Berger, Grammar sch, Magodo axis etc in the past without being harassed. Who born u?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by iwriterng(m): 10:36pm On May 30, 2016
Sorry about the ugly experience.

This reminds me of my encounter with some police officers late last year on my way to work (I was doing my industry training in a health care facility)

I was on bike, so one of the police officer stopped my bike.

Police Officer: Who are you? And What do you do?

Me: Am a medical student (I lied, I am studying anatomy , but it would take forever to explain what anatomy means to this guy)

Police Officer: What's in your bag?

(I had a laptop bag on me, but it contained my laboratory coat)

Me: Lab Coat.

Police Officer: Where is the receipt?

Me: (Smiling, but didn't want to appear rude). Receipt? For What sir?

Police Officer : To the laptop in your bag?!!! I won't let you leave if you can provide the receipt. (His countenance changed almost instantly)

Me: (Opened my bag and handed him the lab coat). They don't issue receipt for this, but I can always leave it here if it needs to be examined as a stolen item sir.

He was angry and left my bike... It's probably the best encounter I've had with the police.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Nobody: 10:38pm On May 30, 2016
Samtoby:
Like an hour ago, I was at the back sit of SARS vehicle with handcuffs in my hands. They said am a Yahoo boy for having a kik application on my smartphone.

I was traveling from Omu Aran to ilorin, I pressed up, wearing my blue Jean, T shirt, my newly bought African shaped neck chain and All stars sneakers. So the journey began and we passed the first police check point and few minutes after continuing the journey, we got to SARS people (at a junction in about entering Oke Onigbin town) and we were told to come down (all boys), I first feel scared but also I have nothing to be scared off cause I have the receipt for all my gadget with me, so I keep calm and answer his question perfectly. He check my pocket and found my two phones (Lumia 535 and Infinix Note 2), he check my bags and found my belongings (books, wires and my laptops), he asked if I have the receipt and I answered yes. Then he said I should unlock my phone (Note 2), I did and he start checking then he saw a social media app (KIK) on my phone, he asked if am a "game boy" and I said yes, all my mind was he is asking about video games because I have up to 20 games on my phone. He check other guys then told me to follow him, I did and he said "it's good that I don't lie", he asked my school and my name and I told him. Then from no where he said am a "Yahoo boy", the soul in me seems to left my body that moment, I realise am in big soup and I start swearing on everything that comes to my mouth. I deny his allegations then he start frowning and threat to destroy my career in school and that I will go to jail if I didn't confess, so I decided to come down to his level and ask how much to settle him, he said 20k, I started begging but he's desperate and then he called his boss, an old man, to my surprise he also lay the same allegations and all I can do is start begging and swearing am not a Yahoo boy.

After begging and rejecting their allegations, I was told to sit behind their vehicle, I did and they close the door on me while one of them keep saying they should handcuff me, I keep rejecting their allegations and then the guy earlier attempted to slap me right in the vehicle I sat in, he then decided to handcuff me from then. They start claiming they will destroy my life, that I agreed to been a Yahoo boy and then I started denying it again. I decided to keep shut and wait till my dad comes since we are not too far from home and I have signal to my brother (we both traveling together) to call my dad which he did, I waited and didn't talk to them anymore. Every cars passing were all looking at me right behind the vehicle, I felt embarrassed.

My dad came and they attended to him, they tell him what they said I am (yahoo boy) and that I have admit it, he knowing fully well who I am, told them that I am not and he knows fully what I do online. He told them that I am an importer and also work online as a freelance graphic designer. They said the app is for Yahoo boys and not app to import goods. I can't help but burst into tears because am presently embarrassing my dad along with me.

The boss then show my dad an app on his phone but my dad doesn't know anything about this stuff, the boss told me to explain what happened in front of my dad, I did and he ask why I have those apps on my phone, I explain am an importer and also an online person but he left and asked the first guy to attend to us. So my dad asked what the solution is since he knows they all want money, I didn't hear what goes next but he later gave them 2k after demanding for 5k, they removed the handcuff, gave my phone back to me and we left.

I have never experienced anything like this in my entire 20 years on earth, I only hear it but it happened to me today. It makes it my first time in their car or police car and first time of been in handcuff (which breaks my heart).

This is purely violation of human right and I regret that I have no evidence to follow this up. But never can I forget their faces on this earth.

***The app (Kik) is a social media app which I used to chat with a friend in Los Angeles, not a very common app in Nigeria but one of the most used app in USA making it the only social app to connect with her.

If this is what Nigeria has become (became), then it's a sad story.

Don't know if this is the right section, mods plz help forward to Front Page.

Maybe next time you won't cheer the soldier to deal decisively with pro Biafr@ agitators!

Next time you won't waste your MB in Naira waging war against an entire tribe over the offense of few people.

Next time you won't generalize igbos as yahoo people, the same way SARS Apprehended you and label you yahoo boy is the same way they do to others and you hail them.

10 Likes

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by logica(m): 10:40pm On May 30, 2016
Now, is this the kind of country you want to live in? Start doing something about it. We have to take put lives back from these monkeys.
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by popcykaylah(m): 10:40pm On May 30, 2016
cmpunk:
Your phone or laptop is your 'dairy'. They have no right to check it but most people don't know and in Nigeria, anything goes
I pity you..You fit argue and remind a police officer that kind thing..infact you for threaten to sue the police man ..but bros if you try do any agidi with Sars..the kind beaten wey you go chop..holy mother of God ..them go smash your phone and them put you in the minst of garden criminals ..nobody will know your whereabouts..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 30, 2016
OP you be Nintendo? Why would you say yes to being a game boy? grin

Some, if not most of our police men are just something else.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Glo Introduces New Improved Data Plan / Remember This? First generation SIM packs (photo) / List Of Tecno Mobile Phones Available In The Market And Their Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.