Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,741 members, 7,827,734 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone (53092 Views)

Benefits Of Having A Verified Social Media Account. / Backup & Restore KIK Chats From Iphone / Ipad / Ipod Touch / How Can I Download Two Kik On My Fone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by SycophanticGoat: 6:59am On May 31, 2016
ohdahphae:
Same thing happened to me. It doesn't matter where you live, whether Na omu-aran or aso rock. I'm a corper serving in omu-aran, those Sars people can be quite brutal. I was walking on the road on my own jeje, all of a sudden one car just started coming towards me, I could see it ahead so I took evasive action. Three of them burst out of the vehicle commando style and started coming towards me. All armed! one had a cutlass sef. One of them got a hold of me and started searching me. I don't know what he was looking for but he kept searching and searching. When he finally realized there was nothing to be found, he took my wallet and started searching it too that's when he saw my ID. "Oh! Na nysc you be?" I didn't utter a word, I was already very upset. He handed me my wallet and tried to make a joke which I ignored completely, I just took my wallet and walked away.

Simple! Not like the OP (I don't want to call him dull even tho he acted like a dull person) angry, that the first thing to come out of his mouth was, how much will he pay/bribe them to free him. I've once been accosted by them when I was on IT back in 2011 and in Lagos state. They just rounded me up and asked to check my bag. Gave them my bag knowing fully well I had nothing incriminating in it. The fools finished searching it and left me. I felt embarrassed but didn't utter a word to the fools.
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by SycophanticGoat: 7:04am On May 31, 2016
kentus123:
bro sorry for your unfortunate experience. you did not comprehend a term used. *Gameboy* connotes evil in Nigeria parlance. IT could mean Cultists, Scammers/ swindlers.

The tags Gameboy and IT doesn't stand for or mean crime in the real sense...

Even if he answered yes to being a gameboy or IT person, I still maintain that those fools had nothing against him, not until the OP asked to bribe them. Gameboy and IT are words that are, in the real sense, not associated with crime so how do the fools expect every living Nigerians to know that such words are used to represent criminals?
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Nobody: 7:06am On May 31, 2016
merits:
Bros stop be a gamer,be a farmer.

See my tractor below(pix)

You talk very stupidly.
How do you know that he's not into something genuine? So everyone who has a kik app in his phone is a criminal? Why was it invented then?
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by cococandy(f): 7:15am On May 31, 2016
These people are just annoying retards.
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Emmahunk(m): 7:16am On May 31, 2016
Tundeiab:
Hmmm

That's the new change we are experiencing o.

Human rights are no longer respected!!!

They have a mentor in Buhari.

Why is it difficult for us to be objective in this Country yet we expect change?
Special Anti Robbery Squad with all their excesses have been there years before Buhari became President. So what has what happened to this poor guy got to do with Buhari.
If we find it difficult changing our way of reasoning, how can we objective enough to recognize the 'change' when we see it?

2 Likes

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Bnladan(m): 7:17am On May 31, 2016
gwmlogistic:
I had a similar experience with this thieving retards on the same route sometimes back. But I made sure I had the last laugh. As I proceeded to the commissioner of police office after my encounter ( surprisingly I was sitting in his office after an hour of waiting). I laid my complaint and he reacted swiftly by inviting them over, they wia disgraced and humiliated. And locked up for 2weeks. I guess they haven't learnt their lesson. Op do not hesitate to go to the CP's office or the OC SARS at A division. U don't have to know anybody.
After all, the police is ur friend grin
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Nobody: 7:18am On May 31, 2016
One reason I said if I become president of Nigeria, I will scrap out the police force, and forcefully retire them. And send them back to thier village. I will give power to the Army to formally search thier houses and if any arms are found with them, they should face firing squad or death by hanging.... this this the fuckíng reason.

One time they stopped me and asked me why I was carrying my laptop. I showed them my Aptech ID, they said I went to oluwole to get it, wanted to collect money at all cost. They asked for my phone I said I wouldn't give it. One came and asked me to move into the van, I asked what ma crime was it was then people gathered and shouted at them to leave me alone... they got into thier van and left.

I haven't changed my mind tho, I really want to have a post in this life and I swear, I personally would go into politics and this bill... I would pass. this fùckers don't know jack shít what they doing.

1 Like

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by ClintonDal(m): 7:18am On May 31, 2016
Sorry bro, such is life in this crazy country. Same thing happened to me last year in Asaba but mine was at night. My pastor's kids visited my house and I went to drop them at night. These dudes stopped me close to infant jesus and thoroughly searched my car and phone's accusing me of being a yahoo boy. I didn't even reply them, after the yeye search they now started asking me for small change. I didn't give them shishi undecided undecided
In Nigeria once a young man is doing well it is believed that he is either a yahoo boy or into some other illegal business.
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Nobody: 7:19am On May 31, 2016
merits:

Who is this deaf and dump?mumu.

grin cannot even spell. And you come to insult someone...
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Spyde(m): 7:27am On May 31, 2016
Samtoby:
Like an hour ago, I was at the back sit of SARS vehicle with handcuffs in my hands. They said am a Yahoo boy for having a kik application on my smartphone.

I was traveling from Omu Aran to ilorin, I pressed up, wearing my blue Jean, T shirt, my newly bought African shaped neck chain and All stars sneakers. So the journey began and we passed the first police check point and few minutes after continuing the journey, we got to SARS people (at a junction in about entering Oke Onigbin town) and we were told to come down (all boys), I first feel scared but also I have nothing to be scared off cause I have the receipt for all my gadget with me, so I keep calm and answer his question perfectly. He check my pocket and found my two phones (Lumia 535 and Infinix Note 2), he check my bags and found my belongings (books, wires and my laptops), he asked if I have the receipt and I answered yes. Then he said I should unlock my phone (Note 2), I did and he start checking then he saw a social media app (KIK) on my phone, he asked if am a "game boy" and I said yes, all my mind was he is asking about video games because I have up to 20 games on my phone. He check other guys then told me to follow him, I did and he said "it's good that I don't lie", he asked my school and my name and I told him. Then from no where he said am a "Yahoo boy", the soul in me seems to left my body that moment, I realise am in big soup and I start swearing on everything that comes to my mouth. I deny his allegations then he start frowning and threat to destroy my career in school and that I will go to jail if I didn't confess, so I decided to come down to his level and ask how much to settle him, he said 20k, I started begging but he's desperate and then he called his boss, an old man, to my surprise he also lay the same allegations and all I can do is start begging and swearing am not a Yahoo boy.

After begging and rejecting their allegations, I was told to sit behind their vehicle, I did and they close the door on me while one of them keep saying they should handcuff me, I keep rejecting their allegations and then the guy earlier attempted to slap me right in the vehicle I sat in, he then decided to handcuff me from then. They start claiming they will destroy my life, that I agreed to been a Yahoo boy and then I started denying it again. I decided to keep shut and wait till my dad comes since we are not too far from home and I have signal to my brother (we both traveling together) to call my dad which he did, I waited and didn't talk to them anymore. Every cars passing were all looking at me right behind the vehicle, I felt embarrassed.

My dad came and they attended to him, they tell him what they said I am (yahoo boy) and that I have admit it, he knowing fully well who I am, told them that I am not and he knows fully what I do online. He told them that I am an importer and also work online as a freelance graphic designer. They said the app is for Yahoo boys and not app to import goods. I can't help but burst into tears because am presently embarrassing my dad along with me.

The boss then show my dad an app on his phone but my dad doesn't know anything about this stuff, the boss told me to explain what happened in front of my dad, I did and he ask why I have those apps on my phone, I explain am an importer and also an online person but he left and asked the first guy to attend to us. So my dad asked what the solution is since he knows they all want money, I didn't hear what goes next but he later gave them 2k after demanding for 5k, they removed the handcuff, gave my phone back to me and we left.

I have never experienced anything like this in my entire 20 years on earth, I only hear it but it happened to me today. It makes it my first time in their car or police car and first time of been in handcuff (which breaks my heart).

This is purely violation of human right and I regret that I have no evidence to follow this up. But never can I forget their faces on this earth.

***The app (Kik) is a social media app which I used to chat with a friend in Los Angeles, not a very common app in Nigeria but one of the most used app in USA making it the only social app to connect with her.

If this is what Nigeria has become (became), then it's a sad story.

Don't know if this is the right section, mods plz help forward to Front Page.
dis same tin almost happend 2 me some few weeks bk here in ilorin, i was on a bike going 2 work,cos of d nature of my work i like 2 be casual,he stoped me,and startd askin series of questns right in d mid of d road,b4 answerin i movd 2 d side,i den told him i'm an Engineer and whr i work,askd 4 receipt of my stuffs and i showed him wearing a vry serious look,he askd 4 my fone,i gav him and i ws waitin 2 see if he wld ask me 2 unlock it bt he didnt and startd crackin jokes,askin if i ws an engr of women or wat bt stil i wsnt laughin,dat ws hw he let me go,
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by stainlex(m): 7:29am On May 31, 2016
I am not a lawyer but I don't think they have any right to search through your phone. They need a warrant for that. Op, sue!!
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by otokx(m): 7:30am On May 31, 2016
What an eye opener? Just hearing about "kik" for the first time, also the term "game boy" is another first.

Extortion in Nigeria is the twin brother of corruption and is pervasive at all levels.

Everyday we pray lead us not into temptation, its a terrible thing.

A small businees pays Uniport rent, SUG will wake up 1 morning & extort money in the name of matriculation, convocation, sanitation. Uniport CEBAS will wake up and declare sanitation fee, it's not like they even sweep or clean anywhere near or inside the shops. Uniport works will collect NEPA bill and make sure you don't have light during business hours, the VC if challenged on TV will say he is not aware.

The problem of Nigeria is the Nigerians living inside so when Police extort and yes its bad but look at others - from Professor to Pastor to Police to Politician to Petrol Attendant prior to 145 to you name it - everyone of them corrupt extortionists.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Billiondoe: 7:33am On May 31, 2016
They are the real thieves. Kik, Tinder, Okcupid apps are what they look for on people's phones. Check this Sara guy out on Instagram and tell me he's not a yahoo guy. @gbenga_sars
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Bethelwealthy(m): 7:40am On May 31, 2016
"Kik", here i come grin
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Horlar995(m): 7:40am On May 31, 2016
Where is that boy" KOREDE BELLO #GODWIN" wey go dy advertise POLICE IS OUR FRIEND.......am sure the fool would be blind to read dz........I no knw who advice him to be NIGERIA POLICE AMBASSADOR OF ALL better one's out there......if he is truly a good police ambassador or whatever......he should contact dz OP......."just my thoughts though"
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by jobdone: 7:41am On May 31, 2016
op, I doubt if you are not what they said you are.

1:why not disclosing what you are doing to your dad?

2; Tell me why your dad against you? I was expecting you to tell us that ....and my dad fought with force men that my son is not a yahoo boy.

3: You agreed to bribe the force men

4: Later, your dad bribed them

Now let me see who will quote me wrong if I will not tell sai buhari
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by donhils: 7:42am On May 31, 2016
A poorly written piece. I found it difficult to understand and I was like whaaaaaaat?? Who taught you to write so badly
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Horlufemi(m): 7:46am On May 31, 2016
You shouldn't have offered to bribe them. That is a confirmation of you being a Yahoo boy. Next time please always stand your ground. Those guys are robbers, licensed robbers.

Sorry bro.
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by glorieazy(m): 7:55am On May 31, 2016
They have the jurisdiction to do anything against you. But its cheating anyway....Military these days sha... From The government to the citizens is a hit back to back. No help in this country other than pulling people down. Last time a friend reported he was only handling iPhone and be was being accused of doing yahoo which is not. Now just an App. Can this happen in USA? Hmmm. Sorry nigga so pathetic.
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by hollamanng(m): 8:07am On May 31, 2016
Samtoby:
Like an hour ago, I was at the back sit of SARS vehicle with handcuffs in my hands. They said am a Yahoo boy for having a kik application on my smartphone.

I was traveling from Omu Aran to ilorin, I pressed up, wearing my blue Jean, T shirt, my newly bought African shaped neck chain and All stars sneakers. So the journey began and we passed the first police check point and few minutes after continuing the journey, we got to SARS people (at a junction in about entering Oke Onigbin town) and we were told to come down (all boys), I first feel scared but also I have nothing to be scared off cause I have the receipt for all my gadget with me, so I keep calm and answer his question perfectly. He check my pocket and found my two phones (Lumia 535 and Infinix Note 2), he check my bags and found my belongings (books, wires and my laptops), he asked if I have the receipt and I answered yes. Then he said I should unlock my phone (Note 2), I did and he start checking then he saw a social media app (KIK) on my phone, he asked if am a "game boy" and I said yes, all my mind was he is asking about video games because I have up to 20 games on my phone. He check other guys then told me to follow him, I did and he said "it's good that I don't lie", he asked my school and my name and I told him. Then from no where he said am a "Yahoo boy", the soul in me seems to left my body that moment, I realise am in big soup and I start swearing on everything that comes to my mouth. I deny his allegations then he start frowning and threat to destroy my career in school and that I will go to jail if I didn't confess, so I decided to come down to his level and ask how much to settle him, he said 20k, I started begging but he's desperate and then he called his boss, an old man, to my surprise he also lay the same allegations and all I can do is start begging and swearing am not a Yahoo boy.

After begging and rejecting their allegations, I was told to sit behind their vehicle, I did and they close the door on me while one of them keep saying they should handcuff me, I keep rejecting their allegations and then the guy earlier attempted to slap me right in the vehicle I sat in, he then decided to handcuff me from then. They start claiming they will destroy my life, that I agreed to been a Yahoo boy and then I started denying it again. I decided to keep shut and wait till my dad comes since we are not too far from home and I have signal to my brother (we both traveling together) to call my dad which he did, I waited and didn't talk to them anymore. Every cars passing were all looking at me right behind the vehicle, I felt embarrassed.

My dad came and they attended to him, they tell him what they said I am (yahoo boy) and that I have admit it, he knowing fully well who I am, told them that I am not and he knows fully what I do online. He told them that I am an importer and also work online as a freelance graphic designer. They said the app is for Yahoo boys and not app to import goods. I can't help but burst into tears because am presently embarrassing my dad along with me.

The boss then show my dad an app on his phone but my dad doesn't know anything about this stuff, the boss told me to explain what happened in front of my dad, I did and he ask why I have those apps on my phone, I explain am an importer and also an online person but he left and asked the first guy to attend to us. So my dad asked what the solution is since he knows they all want money, I didn't hear what goes next but he later gave them 2k after demanding for 5k, they removed the handcuff, gave my phone back to me and we left.

I have never experienced anything like this in my entire 20 years on earth, I only hear it but it happened to me today. It makes it my first time in their car or police car and first time of been in handcuff (which breaks my heart).

This is purely violation of human right and I regret that I have no evidence to follow this up. But never can I forget their faces on this earth.

***The app (Kik) is a social media app which I used to chat with a friend in Los Angeles, not a very common app in Nigeria but one of the most used app in USA making it the only social app to connect with her.

oh boy it has happened to me too exactly kik but my mum gat to play along with them those people are dangerous
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by otokx(m): 8:08am On May 31, 2016
In Nigeria there is practically no Nigerian that has not giving bribe or money for coke or collected thank you.

This is in response to those that are blaming the guy's dad for paying 2k.
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by hollamanng(m): 8:10am On May 31, 2016
jobdone:
op, I doubt if you are not what they said you are.

1:why not disclosing what you are doing to your dad?

2; Tell me why your dad against you? I was expecting you to tell us that ....and my dad fought with force men that my son is not a yahoo boy.

3: You agreed to bribe the force men

4: Later, your dad bribed them

Now let me see who will quote me wrong if I will not tell sai buhari
you are saying rubbish they did the right thing your inexperience made u say this shot u just said
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Nobody: 8:13am On May 31, 2016
Samtoby:

2 Likes

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Leez(m): 8:15am On May 31, 2016
Samtoby:

kik??
ogbeni kik is so old skul so 3 yrs ago
wat r u oon abt?
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by gwmlogistic: 8:16am On May 31, 2016
Raymondenyi:
did you write a petition and took it to CP or you complained verbally?
I complained verbally. And I was asked to write a statement later
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Nobody: 8:18am On May 31, 2016
feldido:
So sad,
Those guys are the real armed robbers angry
Police is your enemy
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Nobody: 8:30am On May 31, 2016
And we the real g boys are still flexing....f*#k sars
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by 0ubenji(m): 8:31am On May 31, 2016
Naija is one big joke of a nation..
Imagine SARS av now added to demsefs anoda constitutional responsiblity "illegally"

Biko wat concerns an "anti-robbery squad" official with yahoo boiz.....
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Nobody: 8:48am On May 31, 2016
proIgbo:

Are you trying to defend him?

I have enough evidence to back my claim, more he's never denied it.

Stop it, that boy just had an ordeal in the hands of our common enemy in this country, least you can do is show some compassion.
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Nobody: 8:50am On May 31, 2016
0ubenji:
Naija is one big joke of a nation..
Imagine SARS av now added to demsefs anoda constitutional responsiblity "illegally"

Biko wat concerns an "anti-robbery squad" official with yahoo boiz.....

Lol, they even do customs and immigration jobs too, sometimes you just want to ask god why he made you a Nigerian.
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by NaijalovesU: 8:52am On May 31, 2016
nice..but this is Nigeria, when you are shot there is no cctv to even capture the incidence, please cooperate where necessary. Just know when to use your brain my brother.

archdon:

Never unlock ur fone or ur laptop to a police officer without a warrant, except of course he has a gun to ur head, tell them it's a privacy concern, as a citizen u hv a right to privacy

U let the police officer violate ur privacy and then victimise u, u're an undergraduate u should kw better, without an extenuating circumstance he can't search ur private property, would u let a police officer search ur apartment without a warrant?

Note there is difference between search and check

Another mistake u made was coming down to their level, never stop speaking big grammar it intimidates them and even though u are going to call ur dad tell them u're calling ur lawyer dat scares the sh*t out of them. And after the call don't talk to them anymore u'll see how scared they'll be not knowing the kind of lawyer dat is coming

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Glo Introduces New Improved Data Plan / Remember This? First generation SIM packs (photo) / The Zanco Tiny T1, The Smallest Mobile Phone In The World (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.