Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,342 members, 7,822,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

I Was Shocked Jonathan conceded Defeat –buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Shocked Jonathan conceded Defeat –buhari (708 Views)

2019: PDP Won’t Need Campaign To Defeat Buhari – Babangida Aliyu / El-Rufai Dismisses Atiku's Defection: "No Northern Politician Can Defeat Buhari" / Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Was Shocked Jonathan conceded Defeat –buhari by harjayi(m): 10:13pm On May 30, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday said he never expected that former President Goodluck Jonathan would concede defeat so easily after the March 2015 presidential election.

He said it was unbelievable that having spent 16 years in public offices ranging from deputy governor and state governor to being Vice-President and President, Jonathan could throw in the towel like that.

Buhari spoke while hosting State House correspondents to a lunch at the Presidential Villa, Abuja as part of activities marking his one year in office.

He said, “This is where I pay my respect to former President Goodluck Jonathan. This is actually privileged information for you.

“He called me at a quarter past five in the evening. He said, ‘Good evening Your Excellency Sir’ and I said, ‘Good evening.’ He said, ‘I have called to congratulate you that I have conceded defeat.’

“Of course there was a dead silence on my end because I did not expect it. I was shocked.

“I did not expect it because after 16 years, the man was a deputy governor, governor, Vice-President and was President for six years.

“For him to have conceded defeat even before the result was announced by INEC, I think it was quite generous and gracious of him.

“Gen. Abdulsalami recognised the generosity of Jonathan to concede defeat and said we should go and thank him immediately and that was the first time I came here.”

He recalled that it was the former military leader, Abdusalami Abubakar, who suggested the setting up of transition committees because that was the way he did it when he wanted to hand over to former President Olusegun Obasanjo in 1999.

Buhari regretted that while Jonathan was not opposed to the idea at the beginning, he was later prevailed upon by his ministers not to cooperate.

He said their argument was that the former President would have handed over government to him (Buhari) before his inauguration.

Watching from outside government, Buhari said he underrated the influence of the Peoples Democratic Party’s 16 years in power.

www.punchng.com/shocked-jonathan-conceded-defeat-buhari/
Re: I Was Shocked Jonathan conceded Defeat –buhari by ORACLE1975(m): 10:15pm On May 30, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: I Was Shocked Jonathan conceded Defeat –buhari by Psylas(m): 10:21pm On May 30, 2016
Buhary was disappointed, who knows how he planned to shed blood

Terrorist

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Shocked Jonathan conceded Defeat –buhari by Samunique(m): 10:47pm On May 30, 2016
That's why GEJ remains the hero of our democracy forever no matter how hard apc works daily to tarnish his image.

They blame almost everything on him, even buhari's ear infection will soon be traced to GEJ inability to build ear clinic before he left the power.

They frustrated his government to hijack power from him, now they have the power, all they are after now is to destroy the heroic legacy he left behind as a true democrat even at the expense of good governance and delivery of their ( APC ) campaign promises.

Little wonder that Nigeria keep sinking bcs, the government of the day has only one problem and that is "GEJ", fixing nigeria's problems is secondary to them, I WONDER WHY

They keep pursuing GEJ shadow everyday, i pray they will not spend a whole 4yrs doing that at detriment of the whole nation!!!

1 Like

Re: I Was Shocked Jonathan conceded Defeat –buhari by harjayi(m): 10:48pm On May 30, 2016
Psylas:
Buhary was disappointed, who knows how he planned to shed blood

Terrorist
I think for him to say this means he will not hand over if he was in jonathan shoes

2 Likes

Re: I Was Shocked Jonathan conceded Defeat –buhari by chernest2002: 10:55pm On May 30, 2016
Try to do same in 2019 and biafra case.
Re: I Was Shocked Jonathan conceded Defeat –buhari by 234GT(m): 11:04pm On May 30, 2016
You were shocked because you wouldn't have conceeded defeat if you were in his shoes.
Re: I Was Shocked Jonathan conceded Defeat –buhari by Nusaf: 11:06pm On May 30, 2016
harjayi:
I think for him to say this means he will not hand over if he was in jonathan shoes
U got it wrong. Try to read between the lines. While reading over again , concentrate on the part where he talked about GEJ being a public officer for 16yrs, then u will be able to grab something.
Re: I Was Shocked Jonathan conceded Defeat –buhari by lalasticlala(m): 8:14am On May 31, 2016

(1)

Breaking News On Kogi Election Tribunal / America And The West: Source Of World Filth And Evil: The Rise Of Sodom / Ambassadors: Why Is Bayelsa, Ebonyi & Ondo Not On The List?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.