Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,810 members, 7,820,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Power Sector Loses N2bn Daily, As Generation Falls To 2,020MW - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Sector Loses N2bn Daily, As Generation Falls To 2,020MW (9574 Views)

Nationwide Blackout Imminent As Power Generation Falls Below 3,000MW / 16 Power Turbines Now Functional, As Generation Hits 4652.70 MW / Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Sector Loses N2bn Daily, As Generation Falls To 2,020MW by Lastborn12(m): 10:01am On May 31, 2016
In a Duncan mighty Voice... President Goodluck Jonathan, as you left we know Nija go spoil, as you go we know 9ja will quench, I am proud to be Niger Delta .... Buhari see your life..
Re: Power Sector Loses N2bn Daily, As Generation Falls To 2,020MW by AxeurdaddyIX: 10:03am On May 31, 2016
HomeOfMe:
I stay at ifako-ijaye how come we no longer have light like during Jonathan's time? Because there was pipeline vandalism then too.

Well, I dunno but I can tell you that from Isheri down to Egbeda, Iba to Iyana Iba and AfroMedia, these places still have regular power supply

1 Like

Re: Power Sector Loses N2bn Daily, As Generation Falls To 2,020MW by love4rent80s: 10:09am On May 31, 2016
Jannylu:
Negotiate a way out already

Negotiate with criminals? Hell no!!! Let them continue, sebi na ll of us ,including their families go suffer am
Re: Power Sector Loses N2bn Daily, As Generation Falls To 2,020MW by vaderemi: 10:10am On May 31, 2016
Noneroone:
Buhari has destroyed Nigeria
Could you kindly explain how he has destroyed Nigeria, is it by asking avengers to destroy pipeline or what? bigot
Re: Power Sector Loses N2bn Daily, As Generation Falls To 2,020MW by olac21(m): 10:24am On May 31, 2016
Olukokosir:
Na we dey do ourselves sumtyms

Buh wait oo.. All d pple wey dey complain of no lyt, u sure say u gt transformer cus I dey always gt 6-8hrs lite everyday nd der is nt a day dat we don't v lyt over nyt...11 to 6am.

Werr is d lte cumn from.---------USA ?

Where do you stay?we have light here too in Tanke,Ilorin(kwara state)for the past 6hrs or so!and we have that nearly everyday except on few occasions!
Re: Power Sector Loses N2bn Daily, As Generation Falls To 2,020MW by olac21(m): 10:26am On May 31, 2016
Trendy247:
Me too Location:Rumuagholu
That should be in rivers right?you mean 34hrs?
Re: Power Sector Loses N2bn Daily, As Generation Falls To 2,020MW by olac21(m): 10:28am On May 31, 2016
AxeurdaddyIX:
I still don't really understand this power generation ish, Despite the drop in Megawatts generated, how come there's still constant light in my area Right now, Its over twelve hours and still counting

Where's that bro?
Re: Power Sector Loses N2bn Daily, As Generation Falls To 2,020MW by Bimpe29: 10:38am On May 31, 2016
God assist us in Nigeria, for perennial problems facing the country.
Re: Power Sector Loses N2bn Daily, As Generation Falls To 2,020MW by fmlala: 10:43am On May 31, 2016
When boko haram are bombing NE some gullible people from North are hailing them all in an attempt to either discredit the government or for selfish reason. Now they are suffering for their inaction/action. Now the SS are following their steps by bombing their immediate environment all for reasons only them can justify. No problem they should continue time will tell. My advice #happybombing
Re: Power Sector Loses N2bn Daily, As Generation Falls To 2,020MW by olac21(m): 10:45am On May 31, 2016
freshcvvs:

Me too, 76hrs straight
Kano
Hmm-really?
Re: Power Sector Loses N2bn Daily, As Generation Falls To 2,020MW by olac21(m): 10:53am On May 31, 2016
Chrisx1x:
i reside in delta state (oghara) and the light here is incredibly contant.we have light for not less than 20hrs per day for the past 1month.if u don't nid d light,kindly disconnect yours.

Lol-ibori's hometown..well the light issue isn't everywhere though!
Re: Power Sector Loses N2bn Daily, As Generation Falls To 2,020MW by olac21(m): 10:55am On May 31, 2016
HomeOfMe:
I stay at ifako-ijaye how come we no longer have light like during Jonathan's time? Because there was pipeline vandalism then too.

Is it that you people don't have light any longer or the no of hours has reduced(share the hours then ma and the one now)?
Re: Power Sector Loses N2bn Daily, As Generation Falls To 2,020MW by Trendy247: 11:04am On May 31, 2016
olac21:

That should be in rivers right?you mean 34hrs?
Yea.. Thats how we roll here since d beginning of d mnth
Re: Power Sector Loses N2bn Daily, As Generation Falls To 2,020MW by HomeOfMe(f): 11:12am On May 31, 2016
olac21:

Is it that you people don't have light any longer or the no of hours has reduced(share the hours then ma and the one now)?
To be honest with you sincerely,during Jonathan's administration we use to have 24/7,sometimes for a whole 3weeks at a stretch power would be on;if its too bad they'd cease it from between 7-10pm only and then restore back. But since may 29th 2015,sincerely without sentiments or bias,the whole thing changed. I started wondering what could have happened. Now the story is opposite of what it used to be.
Re: Power Sector Loses N2bn Daily, As Generation Falls To 2,020MW by proprince(m): 11:14am On May 31, 2016
APC is just killing oir dear country.

stop giving us flimxy excuses.

shame on u APC
Re: Power Sector Loses N2bn Daily, As Generation Falls To 2,020MW by olac21(m): 11:21am On May 31, 2016
HomeOfMe:
To be honest with you sincerely,during Jonathan's administration we use to have 24/7,sometimes for a whole 3weeks at a stretch power would be on;if its too bad they'd cease it from between 7-10pm only and then restore back. But since may 29th 2015,sincerely without sentiments or bias,the whole thing changed. I started wondering what could have happened. Now the story is opposite of what it used to be.

Hmm-ok how many hours do you have light at the moment or for some weeks now?
Re: Power Sector Loses N2bn Daily, As Generation Falls To 2,020MW by cbrass(m): 11:31am On May 31, 2016
greatgod2012:
Fashola.........I really pity you.

Buhari has finished your political career.

You're now unofficially the minister of darkness!

Power generation is not a rocket science...... Just prove it now.

Do you have problem with comprehension undecided
Re: Power Sector Loses N2bn Daily, As Generation Falls To 2,020MW by muller101(m): 11:40am On May 31, 2016
I am currently using steam turbines to power my farm. So this is non of my business
Re: Power Sector Loses N2bn Daily, As Generation Falls To 2,020MW by HomeOfMe(f): 11:42am On May 31, 2016
olac21:

Hmm-ok how many hours do you have light at the moment or for some weeks now?
0hr my brother! Na generator and inverter dey console us,smh.
Re: Power Sector Loses N2bn Daily, As Generation Falls To 2,020MW by judondasylva(m): 12:08pm On May 31, 2016
this is bad
Re: Power Sector Loses N2bn Daily, As Generation Falls To 2,020MW by CirocBoi(m): 1:28pm On May 31, 2016
mrvitalis:
Tho I stay in pH, I don't think Niger Delta deserves light now, the power should be given to other regions so we start feeling the real effects of the avengers

Yeye dey smell

Lwkmd if I be you I for done deactivate my nairaland account. lol nigga got roasted
Re: Power Sector Loses N2bn Daily, As Generation Falls To 2,020MW by deenee: 2:29pm On May 31, 2016
Too many Un informed people here. I shake my head in pity at the level of ignorance displayed by nairalanders.

The light problem in Nigeria now is a spill over from GEJ's tenor. To start with let ask ourselves this vital question. How many of the so called privates investors that bought power stations and other PHCN assets have relevant experience in the sector? The answer is NONE. It is on public record that Egbin Pwer Station which was completed by OBJ was sold to Atlantic Energy for 470m dollars when Schneider Electric was offering 900m dollars for it all in the name of local content promotion. The irony is Atlantic Energy does not have any experience what so ever in power generation or distribution. Infact the company only registered 3months prior to the bid for Egbin Power station. Since then Egbin has been a sleeping giant. GEJ simply sold all the power discos to his friend and croonies (the likes of Babatunde Ayeni and co) who all used bank funds to acquire the likes of Yola and Ibadan Disco. More so I still don't understand why the retards in the Niger Delta are blowing up gas pipelines. I mean I can understand for crude oil pipelines because in the midst of all the chaos some people are still stealing crude to sell on the black market but I am still at loss for the gas pipeline when it is not like they can scoop the gas.

We really have along way to go in this country. Good new is Aje oil fields around Badagry has started production and at the moment has the capacity to do 10k barrels per day and has confirmed 650mcf of gas reserves which can serve the whole of lagos and SW for 50 years if properly harnessed.

Dangote has also said that he is also looking at the possibility of bringing crude from Ghana, Kenya and Angola once the refinery goes live around 2017-2018.

Hopefully our lazy Niger Delta brother who are brain washed by thier "Na our Oyel" mentality will soon realise that they are many roads that lead to the market.

This reminds me of a fellow Ijaw that got the highly coveted Commonwealth scholarship to study abroad and also supported by busrary from his state govt. Dude just spent all his time partying with the cocky assurance that he would have Shello or Chevron job waiting for him. At the end he was eventually deported for attempted rape and lost the rare opportunity that a lot of people would give their right arms for

God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Power Sector Loses N2bn Daily, As Generation Falls To 2,020MW by mrvitalis(m): 3:04pm On May 31, 2016
CirocBoi:

Lwkmd if I be you I for done deactivate my nairaland account. lol nigga got roasted
Some days are like that, u type out of anger....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Is Investigating Feud Between AGF, Magu – Lai Mohammed / VIDEO: Buhari Departs Daura For Abuja / Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.