Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,815 members, 7,844,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

The Leverage Devotional By Pastor Segun Obadje - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Leverage Devotional By Pastor Segun Obadje (360 Views)

Prophecies for 2017 by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. / Mountain Of Fire 2017 Prophecies By Pastor Dr. D.K Olukoya / 2017 Prophecies By Pastor E.A. Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Leverage Devotional By Pastor Segun Obadje by DrBookie(f): 8:27am On May 31, 2016
Tuesday, May 31

What Bible Faith Is (3)

Genesis 12:1-4; Genesis 21:5

Genesis 12:4 "So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran." When God first spoke to Abraham in Genesis 12, making him the promise to make him great and bless the whole world through him, the Bible tells us that he was seventy-five years old. Genesis 21:5 tells us that it was when Abraham was about one hundred years old that he saw the fulfilment of the promised seed Isaac, which God said He would give him. Abraham waited for twenty five years to see God’s word come to pass. Naturally, he could have given up after some years, and told God, "I am tired of waiting for the son you promised"", but he did not. And the truth is, if it had taken fifty years before Isaac was born, Abraham would still have continued in faith. He had come to a point of total abandonment on God. He had given himself over to God. Beloved, this is the Bible kind of faith; it is outright committal to God. Bible faith demands that you commit yourself totally to God, believing Him for your total and complete support. That’s what faith is, and the Bible encourages us to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ the same way Abraham believed in God when He told him "I have made you a father of many nations..."" He fully trusted in God, who quickens the dead and calls those thing that be not, as though they were. We also ought to fully trust our lives into the hands of Jesus our Lord, regardless of the challenges in our faith walk. In other words, even if what you believe him for seems prolonged in materializing, you keep on in faith all the same; that’s what it means to believe in God. 

Other Scriptures for Meditation: Numbers 23:19; Psalm 112:6-8 

My Solid Front (Confession) 
: I declare in the Name of Jesus, that my heart is fixed on the Lord my God, and I am totally committed to Him in faith; therefore time is an advantage not a disadvantage to my faith. Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Zhuan Falun ( Turning The Law Wheel ) / Nigeria, Which Way Forward? / Employment For Prayers: Good Or Bad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.