Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,360 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. - Culture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. (73149 Views)

Complete List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Nigeria Where They Live / Nigerian Tribes And States Where They Live / Tribes And Their Best Occupation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Blessograo(f): 8:35am On Jun 01, 2016
guess he made a mistake with the spelling, check 119
whirlwind7:
Fulani is not in the list, so how come they are one of the major tribes in the north?
Did you omit it?

Bubu will not be happy about this.
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by achinaka12: 8:45am On Jun 01, 2016
I think India speaks more languages than Nigeria
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by dominion001(m): 9:05am On Jun 01, 2016
where is my ika tribe of delta?
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Meritocracy: 9:05am On Jun 01, 2016
We only get four tribe in south west and that is why we experience a little.
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by IndianBwoy(m): 9:05am On Jun 01, 2016
Engrpj:
No. 78 Chibok is from Borno NOT Yobe..... Proudly Chibok Kibaku

I have a question. Is Chibok a tribe or are the Chibok girls stolen infact Bura?
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by femibig(m): 9:07am On Jun 01, 2016
Oga you try oooooooooooooooooooo. But no IKALE from Ondo State
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by accolyte: 9:12am On Jun 01, 2016
Ebirra is from Kogi and Edo State.
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by gabrielokeke555(m): 9:22am On Jun 01, 2016
fulbe is Fulani, take note!
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Elhabeeb1(m): 9:54am On Jun 01, 2016
Indigenous Hausa's no dey for Borno!

3 Likes

Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by MosesIgb(m): 9:55am On Jun 01, 2016
tosinjay:

Ora is the language we speak, owan is the local government area which is divided into owan east and owan west. Am from owan west.
From my own knowledge, Owan is a tribe and also a language with different dialects like the Ora, Emai, Otuo and others. Just like Yoruba having the Oyo yoruba, Owo Yoruba and the rest. It's hard for an Ora Man to understand Otuo. Also Owan shares boundary with the Binis, Esan, Etsako, Akoko Edos and Yorubas.
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by robosky02(m): 9:56am On Jun 01, 2016
Blessograo:
guess he made a mistake with the spelling, check 119

hello blessing at least I can relate with you

your monitoring needs upgrade

where is she? angry
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by tosinjay(m): 10:06am On Jun 01, 2016
MosesIgb:

From my own knowledge, Owan is a tribe and also a language with different dialects like the Ora, Emai, Otuo and others. Just like Yoruba having the Oyo yoruba, Owo Yoruba and the rest. It's hard for an Ora Man to understand Otuo. Also Owan shares boundary with the Binis, Esan, Etsako, Akoko Edos and Yorubas.
Really don't know much but i do know when i visited otuo it was quite far away, to me if ora would be grouped as a tribe it's about 5 of them which speak directly almost same lang, and descendants of oba Ozolua, They are Eme, Uhwomora, sabo, Afuze and don't remember the last one. Bini far from those areas na, I'll ask, as i know virtually nothing.
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Engrpj(m): 10:26am On Jun 01, 2016
IndianBwoy:

I have a question. Is Chibok a tribe or are the Chibok girls stolen infact Bura?

Chibok is the town, Kibaku is the tribe, Bura is another tribe on its own.
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by deygar: 10:46am On Jun 01, 2016
359, is yala, in cross river not benue..
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by TemmyTee82(f): 11:19am On Jun 01, 2016
GossipHeart:
The most successful, most educated, the tribe with the highest number of millionaires, the most peaceful tribe.

Guess what tribe

Ibos

*Yimu.

For your mind.
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by IndianBwoy(m): 11:27am On Jun 01, 2016
Engrpj:

Chibok is the town, Kibaku is the tribe, Bura is another tribe on its own.

Oh ok. My depest anger and condolences to you people over the issue.

Are there many of you in number. Do you still practice your traditional religions and festivals?

By the way Im Indian and my best friend is Margi from Adamawa.
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by freshawag: 11:35am On Jun 01, 2016
donsteady:
Your list is not complete without my tribe.
Please include Okpe.... Delta state

Click like if you are from Okpe Kingdom let's see how many okpe we have here
okpe is not a tribe. It falls under urhobo.
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by freshawag: 11:38am On Jun 01, 2016
Macelliot:
I hought bayelsa is Ijaw.
epie is izon. Justlike nmember , ogbia, kalabari, okrika, etc.so don't expect this sub ethnic groups to be termed tribes
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Evalily(f): 12:22pm On Jun 01, 2016
Nice one op

very educative but inconclusive list.

I can't find Igbanke tribe (Edo), Ika and Agbor tribe (Delta state) .
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by oloboojo(m): 12:26pm On Jun 01, 2016
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Please check the following for necessary update: Migili( a.k.a. Koro), Madda, Alago, Eggon,Ebirra toto, Aggatu, Kamberi, are all in Nasarawa State.
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by DOD1: 12:26pm On Jun 01, 2016
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by cornel994(m): 12:40pm On Jun 01, 2016
tammie24:
Are you from Etung?
oh yes, are u from there also
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by teaser101: 1:55pm On Jun 01, 2016
whirlwind7:
Fulani is not in the list, so how come they are one of the major tribes in the north?
Did you omit it?

Bubu will not be happy about this.
that is because u where expecting to see fulani and wht was written onthe list there is pullani
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Enahi(f): 2:04pm On Jun 01, 2016
Seriously I think Historians and Archeologists has got a job to do on Nigeria perhaps Nigeria is the Tower Babel written about in the Bible.

What's with the many Languages? This is definitely a land of Confusion!
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by tammie24: 2:07pm On Jun 01, 2016
cornel994:
oh yes, are u from there also
My husband is smiley smiley smiley
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Revolva(m): 2:10pm On Jun 01, 2016
Umm all these tribes in nigeria wow we de try
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by MAGNETIC(m): 2:19pm On Jun 01, 2016
[quote author=Chartey post=46147014][/quote] Rubbish no yoruba tribes
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Blessograo(f): 3:04pm On Jun 01, 2016
lol, did you forget when i said i'm on holiday, beside i use to see you and AngelAhnie chatting with ppl of opposite sex, so don't think i'm not seeing
robosky02:

where is she? angry
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Blessograo(f): 3:08pm On Jun 01, 2016
besides i don't want to be a pain in the butt hole, so you can both have your romantic chats
robosky02:

where is she? angry
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Blessograo(f): 3:16pm On Jun 01, 2016
Ikole, Ijesha, Ogbomosho, Oyo, Uro or Iro, Ijan, Ila, igede from Igede-Ekiti and Ekiti as a general language is not there. yoruba is a language and a tribe for all Westerners but our languages are different and each town in each western state speaks a different language
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by robosky02(m): 3:22pm On Jun 01, 2016
Blessograo:
lol, did you forget when i said i'm on holiday, beside i use to see you and AngelAhnie chatting with ppl of opposite sex, so don't think i'm not seeing

ok like I chart with you doesn't mean anything
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Blessograo(f): 3:28pm On Jun 01, 2016
ok, i'm here but please i don't want Ahnie's trouble ooo
robosky02:

ok like I chart with you doesn't mean anything

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Some Funky Igbo Names And Their Meaning / Origin Of Various Igbo Clans / Ooni Ogunwusi And Silekunola Moronke Naomi's First Outing (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.