Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,761 members, 7,955,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:06 PM

About The Book "We Are All Biafrans" And Chido Onumah, The Author - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / About The Book "We Are All Biafrans" And Chido Onumah, The Author (16595 Views)

Short Stories That Can Shape Your Life In The Book: You Can Win - Shiv Khera / Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author / Things You Need To Know About C. Onumah's Book "We Are All Biafrans" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About The Book "We Are All Biafrans" And Chido Onumah, The Author by amclimax(m): 7:13am On Jun 01, 2016
They're killing your people hope you include that on your book....
Re: About The Book "We Are All Biafrans" And Chido Onumah, The Author by Victorvexz(m): 7:14am On Jun 01, 2016
Blitz888:
Quite contradictory... Biafra is everything that Nigeria isn't so they can't mix. Just like mixing water and oil.
Clown u think every country is perfect? So in ur mind u want Igbo only country? Tell me which country in Africa has only one tribe. Nigeria is not the only country with significant number of Hausa, go to neighboring Cameroon, Niger, Chad and Côte d voire, they are many living peacefully. There is no perfect country on earth, and Nigeria is certainly not prefect
Re: About The Book "We Are All Biafrans" And Chido Onumah, The Author by keeenee: 7:19am On Jun 01, 2016
okonkwo44:

Well people must always criticize even when they have not read the book. As a good author why don't you write a book and tell us how it should be,maybe we might learn.

Just know that with the current system Nigeria is dead at arrival.

Jonathan really loved Nigeria by setting up a confab 2 ensure Nigeria doesn't break up.

If Buhari truely loves Nigeria he knows what to do.

I keep wondering why Jonathan was not asked to implement the recommendations of his confab.
Re: About The Book "We Are All Biafrans" And Chido Onumah, The Author by stephmike(m): 7:20am On Jun 01, 2016
Terry68:
Most people will be dissapointed on why it was coined "We are Biafrans"

It embraces unity irrespective of where state of origin is Paramount.

State of origin should be on default. And let's start seeing others as one.

True! we need to renegotiate this 'Unity'. Or perhaps implement Confab Report.
This has been my position for very long time. state of origin does override meritocracy. we've to be sincere n implement last confab report. God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: About The Book "We Are All Biafrans" And Chido Onumah, The Author by rusher14: 7:22am On Jun 01, 2016
Marcelini:
If the author is a "Nigeriphille" or whatever, then she should be ashamed of herself for hiding behind the heroic efforts of B****ans who were and remain Nigeriaphobic to gain cheap popularity.

A good author wouldn't need to use the magic word Bia***, her writing skills and content of her book would sell her book.

You can't be Nigeria loving and at the same time be a Bia****, no such thing exist. The author might need her head examined.

You might not like me but you are my brother.

Let Biafra be while we live as brothers.
Re: About The Book "We Are All Biafrans" And Chido Onumah, The Author by oyeah786(m): 7:25am On Jun 01, 2016
to be honest and truthful how does the name Nigeria came didi our grandis agree to stay together as a country or were we forced by forigne forces its time we get things right and. correct that particular issue, as far as am concern their can't be a better Nigeria if these issue is not addressed .
Re: About The Book "We Are All Biafrans" And Chido Onumah, The Author by eph12(m): 7:27am On Jun 01, 2016
Nigeria's problem is foundational and there will be little progress unless those issues are addressed. If not every effort would amount to waste and won't stand the test of time.
Re: About The Book "We Are All Biafrans" And Chido Onumah, The Author by engrchykae(m): 7:28am On Jun 01, 2016
The author is a smart dude indeed.
He wants attention and yam at this time his book will be direly needed by the fg but the truth is that Biafra is the soul of every southeast man even rochas ekweremadu ngige onu uba.
If you dont know,you will not know.
So the gullibles can masturbate over this.
Ask urselves whether any of the political class have voiced out against the idea.
I have said it before and got banned that this idea is sealed with blood.sometimes when you want to relent and remember the sacrifices.
Re: About The Book "We Are All Biafrans" And Chido Onumah, The Author by eph12(m): 7:30am On Jun 01, 2016
keeenee:

I keep wondering why Jonathan was not asked to implement the recommendations of his confab.
I guess election came and everyone was carried away.
Another reason could be that implementation of the confab report means taking power away from the federal and nobody on that federal seat will want to do something that would result in that willingly.
Re: About The Book "We Are All Biafrans" And Chido Onumah, The Author by Nobody: 7:36am On Jun 01, 2016
IF U ASK ME, I THINK THE AUTHOR IS TRYING TO CURE MANY NIGERIANS OF BIAFROBIA . I UNDERSTAND THE AUTHOUR INDEPTLY WITH SOME REASONS ABOVE. A NORMAL NIGERIA SEES THE WORD BIAFRA AS WAR,UNREST,DISUNITY WHEARAS BIAFRANS SEES IT AS FREEDOM.
Re: About The Book "We Are All Biafrans" And Chido Onumah, The Author by GeneviveHuby: 7:56am On Jun 01, 2016
There are the real Biafrans. Not everyone is Biafra. We can't co-exist. 100 years experiment was sacrificed for the coexistence for all to Biafranized(peaceful coexistence and justice) but it yield nothing and still no hope with the recent graces. It's not because you marry from soweto will make you both Igbo and Soweto Biafranized. The author is not Biafra. He is not Igbo even. If you doubt this throw referendum, he will vote Biafra down. They borned and bred outside Biafra can go for Nigeria and allow us our Biafra.
Re: About The Book "We Are All Biafrans" And Chido Onumah, The Author by wonderkid619(m): 8:04am On Jun 01, 2016
op, please summarize the whole book in five lines,...
BTW who noticed these Pepsi guys, they seem to have stopped producing the long throat TEEM drink oo
Re: About The Book "We Are All Biafrans" And Chido Onumah, The Author by tobiasbeecher: 8:22am On Jun 01, 2016
Sweetlemon:
Oh! So the book's title is actually misleading?

I thought I saw Igbos rejoicing on the launch thread that Atiku and Ezekwesili are supporting Biafra grin grin grin?
Shut up please, nobody was rejoicing that Atiku and Ezekwesili are supporting Biafra. You just made that up from your tribalism infested mind. I think this kind of book is meant for people like you to cure you from your perpetual ethnic hatred
Re: About The Book "We Are All Biafrans" And Chido Onumah, The Author by Fash20: 8:42am On Jun 01, 2016
Marcelini:
If the author is a "Nigeriphille" or whatever, then she should be ashamed of herself for hiding behind the heroic efforts of B****ans who were and remain Nigeriaphobic to gain cheap popularity.

A good author wouldn't need to use the magic word Bia***, her writing skills and content of her book would sell her book.

You can't be Nigeria loving and at the same time be a Bia****, no such thing exist. The author might need her head examined.
you that you don't need you head examined what have you used your head for. IPADS!
Re: About The Book "We Are All Biafrans" And Chido Onumah, The Author by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 01, 2016
I'm glad Nigerians are beginning to think towards the right direction. Is what we have in Nigeria even a state? An agglomeration of different units, having very different interests and each unit pursuing it's interest not giving a damn how it affects the other units provided it achieves it, a central throne where these units grapple for power in a winner takes all fashion. We're just deceiving ourselves.
Re: About The Book "We Are All Biafrans" And Chido Onumah, The Author by Anthony496(m): 9:11am On Jun 01, 2016
Hmm more loading.....
Re: About The Book "We Are All Biafrans" And Chido Onumah, The Author by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 01, 2016
Nely77:
However, secondly, the author admits this will not be easy and concedes that it is indeed possible that “there is nothing sacrosanct about Nigeria” and that “Nigeria will disintegrate unless we collectively do something about it.” [5] Recalling martyred former Attorney-General of the Federation, Bola Ige, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria SAN) whose assassination in his home in 2001 remains unsolved, the author asserts that “there are two basic questions that must be answered by all Nigerians. One, do we want to remain as one country? Two, if the answer is yes, under what conditions?” [6] In his opinion, the country now confronts three options: “either it degenerates into anarchy (Liberia and Somalia) or disintegrates (Yugoslavia and Soviet Union), or the whole nation meets to save itself.”[7] The author concedes that “it might be difficult for Nigeria to disintegrate into ethnic republics” but warns that “the Somalianization” of Nigeria is a “clear and present danger.”[8] Tantalising as this point is, the book stops short of fully developing the threat of “Somalianization” and what it could look like. The ethnic cartography of Nigeria and historic inter-marriage among ethnicities makes it somewhat difficult to sustain the comparison with Somalia which comprises only Somalis. That said, however, the author’s preferred outcome for Nigeria is a National Conference that fully develops the bases for Nigeria’s co-existence.
Part of the reason for Nigeria’s failure in constructing a functional state, thirdly, is our collective tendency towards convenient amnesia. Nigeria, the author argues, “has not engaged with” those that it excludes. [9] According to him:
Nigeria has not engaged with Biafra and there is a lot that is still unresolved about the civil war. But it’s not just Biafra and that tumultuous period of our history. There is a lot that is unresolved about Nigeria as a whole and about many aspects of our existence as a country. Nigeria has not engaged with June 12, just as we have not engaged with Boko Haram, to mention only two of the more recent episodic convulsions that threaten the very foundation of the country. In a sense, the Biafra experience could be a metaphor for the many unresolved problems that confront us as a country.[10]

God bless this author, very pertinent questions bolded above. The summary of why United States of America is a great country today. What ideals is Nigeria built on? What kind of country do we want it to be? Shying away from answering these questions is just postponing doomsday.

1 Like

Re: About The Book "We Are All Biafrans" And Chido Onumah, The Author by Etogist: 9:26am On Jun 01, 2016
okonkwo44:

Well people must always criticize even when they have not read the book. As a good author why don't you write a book and tell us how it should be,maybe we might learn.

Just know that with the current system Nigeria is dead at arrival.

Jonathan really loved Nigeria by setting up a confab 2 ensure Nigeria doesn't break up.

If Buhari truely loves Nigeria he knows what to do.

Bubu is busy working on how to implementing northern agenda. Grazing reserve, Sharia etc.
Re: About The Book "We Are All Biafrans" And Chido Onumah, The Author by babajero(m): 9:29am On Jun 01, 2016
Marcelini:

Un shackle your self from mental slavery.
Re: About The Book "We Are All Biafrans" And Chido Onumah, The Author by dablazor: 9:48am On Jun 01, 2016
This country needs to be restructured or we should all go our ways tbt, nothing seems to be working.

1 Like

Re: About The Book "We Are All Biafrans" And Chido Onumah, The Author by Orikinla(m): 10:23am On Jun 01, 2016
Wait until you read The Biafran Manifesto by a graduate of UNILAG.
Re: About The Book "We Are All Biafrans" And Chido Onumah, The Author by okonkwo44: 11:14am On Jun 01, 2016
keeenee:

U dnt rush such resolutions, besides d national house of assembly hav a role 2 play. Gej isn't a dictator. Dats one of d mistake of buhari, he rushed the TSA implementation without providing a soft landing, this led 2 massive sack frm our banking sector n oda institutions. This confab report, de-islamizing Nigeria, and ethnic equality were d reasons y d north hated gej n fought hard 2 bring him down.
Re: About The Book "We Are All Biafrans" And Chido Onumah, The Author by kannymoore(m): 11:32am On Jun 01, 2016
okonkwo44:

Not wen a particular group seee themselves as born to rule others and see themselves first, den religion b4 Nigeria.

does the mallam who sells biscuits and sweets opposite your house act like he is born to rule?

does his brother who pushes a water cart as "Mai ruwa" act like he is born to rule?

what of his cousin who polishes nd repairs your worn out shoes nko?

mehn..you tribalistic lots make me puke sometimes...for real.

1 Like

Re: About The Book "We Are All Biafrans" And Chido Onumah, The Author by okonkwo44: 1:39pm On Jun 01, 2016
kannymoore:

does the mallam who sells biscuits and sweets opposite your house act like he is born to rule?

does his brother who pushes a water cart as "Mai ruwa" act like he is born to rule?

what of his cousin who polishes nd repairs your worn out shoes nko?

mehn..you tribalistic lots make me puke sometimes...for real.

Those ones hav no say, but have d mentality dat dere elites are born 2 rule. I was born and raised in the north, so I knw wat am saying, weneva dey re in d south, dey remain so calm bt wt a venomous heart. Go and read d speech given by tafewa balewa in d 60's.

Well u can call me a tribalist, I hav no problem wit dat, bt all am upholding is ethnic equality, n true fiscal federalism if not, den we go 4 secession.

Incase u still wana puke, locate a public toilet, or u can still use mine. Thanks.
Re: About The Book "We Are All Biafrans" And Chido Onumah, The Author by Blitz888(m): 9:37am On Jun 04, 2016
Victorvexz:

Clown u think every country is perfect? So in ur mind u want Igbo only country? Tell me which country in Africa has only one tribe. Nigeria is not the only country with significant number of Hausa, go to neighboring Cameroon, Niger, Chad and Côte d voire, they are many living peacefully. There is no perfect country on earth, and Nigeria is certainly not prefect
And this dim witted libertine couldn't make his point without calling me names... Your glaring ignorance about biafra is obvious and I wouldn't want to further dissipate time and energy on you and your formidable foolishness... And if I may add, who said biafra is an igbo country? Yeah in your warped and skewed mind the only way to engage dissent is by opening fire on defenseless and unarmed civilians? Again what do you know about nonviolent and peaceful protest?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Memoir Of An Ordinary Black Girl (iWrite) / My World - Jflash / Stain From The Past

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.