Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,180 members, 7,815,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

We Won’t Succumb To Intimidation, blackmail, Buhari Tells Militants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Won’t Succumb To Intimidation, blackmail, Buhari Tells Militants (960 Views)

Niger Deltans Protest "Intimidation Of Jonathan By Buhari, DSS & EFCC" (Pics) / Mimiko To Blackmail Buhari To Prevail On INEC - Sahara Reporters / We’ll Use Force If Dialogue Fails, Army Chief Tells Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Won’t Succumb To Intimidation, blackmail, Buhari Tells Militants by Nobody: 6:00am On Jun 01, 2016
PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari has assured Nigerians that he would do everything necessary to secure oil facilities and other government assets in the Niger Delta region.

The President gave the assurance during the democracy day lecture organised on Tuesday in Abuja by the Save Democracy Group Africa to mark the 2016 democracy day.

The theme of the lecture was: “The Change Agenda and Sustenance of Nigerian Democracy.”

The President was represented by the Secretary to Government of the Federation, Babachir David Lawal.

He said while his government would not shy away from finding non-military solution to the vandalism and destruction of oil facilities in the country, it would not succumb to intimidation and blackmail by any criminal element.

He said: “You will agree with me that two major reasons why our economy is in such a deplorable condition is the slump in crude oil prices.

“It is also due to decline in production as a result of the recent upsurge in activities of criminals and saboteurs in the oil producing region.

“While the control of the selling price of our crude oil is not solely in our hands, the challenge of militancy, criminality and vandalism is solely within our control.

“I therefore wish to restate that I have directed all the nation’s security outfits to take all steps necessary to secure the oil facilities and other government assets in the Niger Delta region.

“While our doors are open to dialogue, political and non-military solution on the matter, this government will not succumb to intimidation and blackmail by criminal element, coming to inflict further unnecessary social and economic hardship on the citizens.”

Buhari urged the perpetrators to desist from the act or face the consequences.

On insecurity in the North East as well as herdsmen and farmers clashes across the country, the President promised that he would not rest on its oars in finding lasting solution to the problems.

He said: “In the area of insecurity, I can gladly report that the government has recovered territories hitherto under the control of insurgency in the North East.

He said: “What remains is the ongoing military campaign to mop up pockets of insurgents scattered in forests and mountains of the region.

“In the meantime, government has started resettling the returning internally displaced persons to their original localities.

“The challenging task of rebuilding the region will start in earnest with the implementation of the 2016 Budget of Change.

“As to the rampant cattle-herdsmen clashes across the country, the Federal Government is partnering with state governments to find a lasting solution to the unfortunate menace.

“Among the solution being considered is the establishment of animal grazing reserve and other policies targeted at encouraging the nomad herdsmen to adopt modern methods of animal rearing.

“In the meantime, I have directed all security agencies to bring all perpetrators of the clashes to book.

“I wish to assure all Nigerians that there will be no sacred cows.”

Buhari commended the electorate for voting the All Progressives Congress into power, promising that his government would continue to work in their interest.

He said: “I can say unequivocally that the electorate made the right choice at the right time considering that this government came into power at the very brink of the collapse of our economy.

“Then for 16 years the nation was charaterised by flagrant misrule and impunity, resulting in unimaginable corruption, insecurity, massive unemployment, and economic meltdown.

“In order to arrest the slide into total social and economic chaos, this government has to take very difficult and painful decisions.

“Decisions required putting the nation back into the path of good governance by the rule of law.

“Restoring hope and security among its citizens and providing a sustainable and enduring environment for employment and economic growth.”

Buhari promised that the implementation of some of the government’s reforms would start with the implementation of the 2016 budget.

The guest lecturer, Prof. Ibrahim Gamabari, called for concerted effort to corruption and other vices that had affected development of the country.

http://.com/we-wont-succumb-to-intimidation-blackmail-buhari-tells-militants/

Lalasticlala

Re: We Won’t Succumb To Intimidation, blackmail, Buhari Tells Militants by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:01am On Jun 01, 2016
Double wahala for dead body
Re: We Won’t Succumb To Intimidation, blackmail, Buhari Tells Militants by brunofarad(m): 6:05am On Jun 01, 2016
Watching in 3D
Re: We Won’t Succumb To Intimidation, blackmail, Buhari Tells Militants by kunlexy1759(m): 6:06am On Jun 01, 2016
God will surely secure Nigeria
Re: We Won’t Succumb To Intimidation, blackmail, Buhari Tells Militants by Florblu(f): 6:12am On Jun 01, 2016
This might even be another rubbish
Re: We Won’t Succumb To Intimidation, blackmail, Buhari Tells Militants by mustmust(m): 6:24am On Jun 01, 2016
We has hear.
Re: We Won’t Succumb To Intimidation, blackmail, Buhari Tells Militants by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 6:27am On Jun 01, 2016
kunlexy1759:
God will surely secure Nigeria
Re: We Won’t Succumb To Intimidation, blackmail, Buhari Tells Militants by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 6:31am On Jun 01, 2016
KUDOS TO OUR PMB
SALUTE TO THE NIGERIAN ARMY
CRUSH THE OIL THIEVES
CRUSH THE OIL MILITANTS
CRUSH THE CRIMINAL AVENGERS
CRUSH THEM ALL
Re: We Won’t Succumb To Intimidation, blackmail, Buhari Tells Militants by Oche211(m): 6:38am On Jun 01, 2016
Absolutely on point
Re: We Won’t Succumb To Intimidation, blackmail, Buhari Tells Militants by nrexzy: 6:40am On Jun 01, 2016
Make them use their skull oo b4 person go vex me..
Re: We Won’t Succumb To Intimidation, blackmail, Buhari Tells Militants by Burger01(m): 7:05am On Jun 01, 2016
Niger Delta Avengers aka NDA are criminals and saboteurs...EODundecided
Re: We Won’t Succumb To Intimidation, blackmail, Buhari Tells Militants by bewla(m): 7:12am On Jun 01, 2016
Hundred of
Re: We Won’t Succumb To Intimidation, blackmail, Buhari Tells Militants by otukpo(f): 7:15am On Jun 01, 2016
Then engage the militants in whatever way you want.
Re: We Won’t Succumb To Intimidation, blackmail, Buhari Tells Militants by MisterGrace: 7:16am On Jun 01, 2016
Dear Mr. President,

Please use all arsenal and manpower at your disposal to send those demons back to hell.

God be with you.
Re: We Won’t Succumb To Intimidation, blackmail, Buhari Tells Militants by mrvitalis(m): 7:56am On Jun 01, 2016
Communities hold your youths, don't bring calamity upon ur selfs, expose this people or risk losing ur homes

It's very simple, this fools use u as shield a point will come when FG won't be able to endure again, enough is enough
Re: We Won’t Succumb To Intimidation, blackmail, Buhari Tells Militants by tsdarkside(m): 8:26am On Jun 01, 2016
jonathan is in exile........i dont know wheather he will land in jail in nigeria,this i am not sure......but just to be invited by the efcc to answer questions,will damage his image extremly...........he knows that.......jonathan risk to be renamed petty-nigerian-politician internationaly..

this is his fear..............
Re: We Won’t Succumb To Intimidation, blackmail, Buhari Tells Militants by BossKratos: 8:28am On Jun 01, 2016
tongue

I for make reasonable comment but this o.p source dey always get k leg!

Mezie times indeed!

(1) (Reply)

Niger Delta Militants: FG Backs Out On Use Of Force / Nigeria Had The Best Economy During Abacha’s Tenure—daughter / Fayose Raises Alarm:'AGF Is Plotting To Charge My COS & Spokesperson 4 Treason'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.