Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Niger Delta Militants: FG Backs Out On Use Of Force - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Militants: FG Backs Out On Use Of Force (959 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Backs Out Of South-East Governors’ Peace Parley / Operation Crocodile Smile Show Of Force (pics) / Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Delta Militants: FG Backs Out On Use Of Force by GideonOmach(m): 1:59am On Jun 07, 2016
I thought it has not been shared, so I'm doing so. I thought it'll make some strings after FG deployed military there.
enjoy your reading pls.

Niger Delta Militants: FG Backs
Out On Use Of Force
| NEXT »
The Federal Government has decided to
back out of the use of force to address
the issue of Niger Delta militants
uprising against the blowing of oil
pipelines.
The Minister of State for Petroleum, Dr.
Ibe Kachukwu stated this at a ceremony
with the management of the Petroleum
Technology Development Fund (PTDF).
According to the Minister, the President,
Muhammadu Buhari has set up a
committee led by the National Security
Adviser to commence dialogue with
Niger Delta militants.
He stated also that the President has also
directed the suspension of force by the
military for sometime to find a lasting
peace.
He explained what the activities of the
militants have cost the government in
the last two months.
He said: “Over the last two months we
have probably lost about 600,000 barrels
from various attacks of militants in the
area. We are making efforts to see how
we can get those barrels back but
different from getting the barrels back is
getting the minds and hearts of people.
When citizens are unhappy about
something it is something you need to
engage.
“My first appeal will be to my brothers
who are engaged in these acts of protest
to sheath the sword and dagger and get
back to the table so that we can have
conversation as Nigerians. There is no
doubt that over the very many decades
of oil production a lot of things that
ought to be done in the oil geographical
environment may well not have been
fully done but not to forget that quite a
lot has also happened? The answer to
the issue will not be taking up of arms;
the federal government is committed to
continuing this dialogue.”
Re: Niger Delta Militants: FG Backs Out On Use Of Force by YorubaHighness: 2:02am On Jun 07, 2016
Gullibos, food don land.

Dam go soon come here to kiss Ijaw ass.
Re: Niger Delta Militants: FG Backs Out On Use Of Force by Slitman: 2:51am On Jun 07, 2016
[color=#000000][/color] Sai Baba . . . . I know someone will still feel pained by this good news . . . . Buhari na you biko
Re: Niger Delta Militants: FG Backs Out On Use Of Force by Omino: 2:56am On Jun 07, 2016
This government lacks direction. They know what to do but how to do it is their greatest problems. May God help them.
Re: Niger Delta Militants: FG Backs Out On Use Of Force by Likei(m): 3:04am On Jun 07, 2016
me thinks its too late for that now.
Re: Niger Delta Militants: FG Backs Out On Use Of Force by dotG(m): 3:10am On Jun 07, 2016
them for kontinu naaaa
Re: Niger Delta Militants: FG Backs Out On Use Of Force by chriskosherbal(m): 4:47am On Jun 07, 2016
Dialogue please is the only answer.
Re: Niger Delta Militants: FG Backs Out On Use Of Force by ekesimo(m): 5:44am On Jun 07, 2016
okies
Re: Niger Delta Militants: FG Backs Out On Use Of Force by Mynd44: 6:28am On Jun 07, 2016
Re: Niger Delta Militants: FG Backs Out On Use Of Force by stephliet(f): 6:34am On Jun 07, 2016
lol .... cowards
Re: Niger Delta Militants: FG Backs Out On Use Of Force by Flets: 6:38am On Jun 07, 2016
With destruction in our trails
With loss of civilian and military lives
With a resultant comatose economy
With revenue and job losses

Despite global warnings against use of force, an adamant, irresponsible, dumb government plunged head in.

Shamefully, they backed out after facing a reality they would have easily thought through. This has to be the worst government ever in the world.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Militants: FG Backs Out On Use Of Force by Aniwhyte(m): 6:46am On Jun 07, 2016
No good source?
Re: Niger Delta Militants: FG Backs Out On Use Of Force by Nobody: 6:49am On Jun 07, 2016
Now that Osinbajo is in power, the difference is clear. Osinbajo na korrect pastor, this shows that he knows his bible well and applies it, viz : Wisdom is mightier than many armies
Re: Niger Delta Militants: FG Backs Out On Use Of Force by Arijude(m): 8:45am On Jun 07, 2016
No, they should keep forming jack sparrow.

(1) (Reply)

Fayose Raises Alarm:'AGF Is Plotting To Charge My COS & Spokesperson 4 Treason' / Nigeria Faces 'almost Impossible' Fight Against 'niger Delta Avengers' / Aisha Buhari Shunned Aside As Mamman Daura Cabal Take Over Decisions In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.