Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,131 members, 7,849,543 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:00 AM

Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic (72741 Views)

“Why Niger Delta Will Vote Buhari For Second Term In 2019” – Richard Kpodoh / Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement / How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by menstrualpad: 2:34pm On Jun 01, 2016
okonkwo44:

God gave dem oil as a blessing to enrich demsevs,nt 4 dem 2 b given a peanut.

Its their right, go n develop d resources in your state. Simple. Is dat 2much 2 ask?
Am Yoruba and I support your statement

1 Like

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by babadee1(m): 2:37pm On Jun 01, 2016
nkowaputa:

So why didn't BH start during Yaradua regime?

The Boko Haram issue started in 2009 under Yar'Adua.
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Ajibel(m): 2:41pm On Jun 01, 2016
Eluwilussit:

True but by then Lagos was already far developed enough to cater for itself through IGR. Kudos to Tinubu too. He did well enough. grin

Then you only know half of the story.

1. By then Lagos was classified as the dirtiest place in the world.

2. As at then, Lagos monthly IGR was 600million naira with a monthly wage bill of over 2 billion.

3. Lagos had the highest number of slums in Africa

I could go on because I knew what went down during those days but then that is history. My point is just that nobody should claim oil money developed Lagos. Lagos went through its challenging periods.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by engrchykae(m): 2:43pm On Jun 01, 2016
tuoyoojo:
True the Niger delta has being neglected

but if the truth most be told our so called leaders has failed us

imagine asari dokobo decided to go to Benin rep to build a university

if we must blame others of stealing from us, we need to blame ourselves too

I hope the govt and d avengers would negotiate and the money that would be provided would not end in private accounts but used to develop the land
at least he built the university in Benin not in Switzerland
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by engrchykae(m): 2:50pm On Jun 01, 2016
priceaction:
Nonsense. Lets be reasonable for once and put sentiments a side. Compare it with porthacourt, uyo, ekot, bonny and brass not with that. Besides, Lagos generally was not built with oil money. Lagos was built with investment (both locals and internationally), being former capital.Abuja, i may agree to some extent but I learnt that asari dokubo spent billion of naira to build university in bennin republic and he has nationality of the country. That would have gone a long way in ND.
so that it would be easy for ur demigod pmb to consficate it in the name of fighting kwaraption

1 Like

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by babadee1(m): 2:55pm On Jun 01, 2016
ugotuf:
That photo puts it more succinctly.

That photo is a false equivalence. Makoko area of Lagos is not very different from that third picture. There are also slums in Abuja too. Let's see pictures of PH, Calabar and Uyo to compare. After all they are in the ND too.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Elliot2(m): 2:57pm On Jun 01, 2016
nbright:
Na their money o.... That looks like slaughter. Trans Amadi slaughter in Port Harcourt
Gej may have done nothing but with his "Confab", he virtually gave the solution to our diverse problems.
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by mare23ayo(m): 3:01pm On Jun 01, 2016
achi4u:
Yes!
The goose that lays the Golden eggs has been neglected for too long.
Sorry to say but am highly disappointed by your comment, pls find out the sharing formula of Nigerias revenue allocation and come back and blast me if you find it necessary
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Bolaadu(m): 3:07pm On Jun 01, 2016
Mztarstrechy:
So why didnt they blow it during GEJ's regime?
dey should put the blame on d their leaders.
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Stanbeto: 3:09pm On Jun 01, 2016
Irony of Life
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Elliot2(m): 3:14pm On Jun 01, 2016
babadee1:

That photo is a false equivalence. Makoko area of Lagos is not very different from that third picture. There are also slums in Abuja too. Let's see pictures of PH, Calabar and Uyo to compare. After all they are in the ND too.
. my dear we are talking about those communities that r producing oil and not the state capitals that somehow mask the underdeveloped state of things. come to my village in Obunagha ( hosting LNG n shell) and see things for yourself. Imagine shell will have their headquarters in Lagos or abuja with beautiful edifices for their staff, thereby attracting development to those areas, and leave host communities from which they collect the crude in bondage without any infrastructures that will attract development. my guy there is no justification for the kind of treatment meted on the N Deltans .
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by WaleEkun: 3:15pm On Jun 01, 2016
FYB:
And all the money dat was used to develop abuja came from the Niger Delta angry

Monkey d work, Baboon d chop

Actually no one in the Niger Delta worked for the oil, unless you are from Niger Delta and are actually working in the industry. The only one who can claim a right to the oil is if your papa owns the land the oil is produced. Oyinbo brought the technology to pump oil from the ground. Most people that are making noise just want free handout. The only one that needs to be compensated or can take back the land the oil is being produced is the family who owns the land. If it is offshore, fishermen need to be compensated if drilling activity is interfering with their livelihood. Anyone else in the Niger Delta are just noisemakers.

We should clamor for laws that will give rights to landowners. If oil is found on your land, you either develop it yourself, sell the rights to someone else. Government should be only collecting taxes.
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Elliot2(m): 3:22pm On Jun 01, 2016
modath:

Did the scavengers just wake up from a coma?

13% ,NDDC, ND Ministry? They are their own problems.

my guy, forget 13 percent shit or NDDC or ND ministry. pls can we just see dis NDA,ipod n boko haram shit as a wake up call to re-evaluate our existence as one nigeria? because this system of governance only favours the politicians.
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by AlanSugar(m): 3:25pm On Jun 01, 2016
vivalavida:
If this is the case,no one can blame them.
How can resources in your area be used to make other places look like heaven while the region that brings forth the resources look like hell
That is injustice

Hmm, make una think am well oh! Somebody from that region was in the presidency for 8 yrs yet that region still remained the same! He spent 2 yrs as VP and 6 yrs as president, now let's ask ourselves, are these years not more than long enough to change the look of that region for life? Make una reason am well oh!
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by quickly: 3:31pm On Jun 01, 2016
In Nigeria if u steal biro dem fit burn u but if u steal billions of dollars from govt acct. Ur forgiven

Where is the sense I'm that.

All day money stolen from ND u have people from ND as collaborators.
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by skywalker240(m): 3:49pm On Jun 01, 2016
if niger delta were to be its own independent state or country of its own,....then it will be the mordern dubai of africa...

Proud to be an ND bloodline cool
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by adimsmt: 3:55pm On Jun 01, 2016
Saintbonnie:
But it's still their region they're destroying. They would wish they never did that the day attention shifts from oil.

Let get it right first and let them regret it later. Give them what they want which is true federalism resources control which is what Nigeria as country need at this present situation. The problem we have in our dear country today is as a result of powerful central government, it is time we go back to true federalism or regionalism and full resources control. When you look at Nigeria there is no part of this country that lack minerals resources. With contrary and popular believe that most Nigerian states will not servive are just thinking silly. The oil money and the centralization of our government made the states lazy that my opinion.
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 01, 2016
WaleEkun:

Actually no one in the Niger Delta worked for the oil, unless you are from Niger Delta and are actually working in the industry. The only one who can claim a right to the oil is if your papa owns the land the oil is produced
. Oyinbo brought the technology to pump oil from the ground. Most people that are making noise just want free handout. The only one that needs to be compensated or can take back the land the oil is being produced is the family who owns the land. If it is offshore, fishermen need to be compensated if drilling activity is interfering with their livelihood. Anyone else in the Niger Delta are just noisemakers.

We should clamor for laws that will give rights to landowners. If oil is found on your land, you either develop it yourself, sell the rights to someone else. Government should be only collecting taxes.

end of

all this noise is just a bizarre sense of thuggish entitlement/rentier mentality

no one can claim to have worked in any way for what is effectively fossil fuels derived from metamorphic rock which took millions of years to form, and which can only be reached with specialized drilling equipment at significant cost.

the federal government of nigeria invested cash in joint ventures with oil majors to extract that oil. the federal governemnt could have invested that cash into other ventures

if the nd is serious about all this so called self determination, it is simple, form a company and buy out the foreign partners. so many oil companies have been divesting from the region. bayelsa, delta, akwaibom port harcourt can simply form nigerdelta oil company, and commence either buying out oil majors, or buying out the fg's jv stake.

several threads have been posted about the sad mentality of the leaders of the region and their followers.

posters from the region have repeatedly highlighted how the so called chiefs and leaders repeatedly torpedo any attempts by IOCs to engage in CSR
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by bashydemy(m): 4:14pm On Jun 01, 2016
Like someone said ND are their own problem, when GEJ was the president he did not do anything for his region, also the NDDC, ND ministries etc did nothing so they should stop blaming the govt. Asari dokubo fight so hard and when they settle him what did he do? He went to Benin Republic to build schools from Primary to university even academy. I stay in Cotonou and I know where all his schools are. He has in PK10, Tunde motors, Cinema concord and more. Go online and search for King amachdree or so and you will find out. If Asari cannot develop his region by building those schools there, then ND are their own problem. Also look at tompolo etc.

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by AlanSugar(m): 4:19pm On Jun 01, 2016
Elliot2:
. my dear we are talking about those communities that r producing oil and not the state capitals that somehow mask the underdeveloped state of things. come to my village in Obunagha ( hosting LNG n shell) and see things for yourself. Imagine shell will have their headquarters in Lagos or abuja with beautiful edifices for their staff, thereby attracting development to those areas, and leave host communities from which they collect the crude in bondage without any infrastructures that will attract development. my guy there is no justification for the kind of treatment meted on the N Deltans .

Hmm, judging from your submission, this war should be between your community and your state government. You do know that whatever monies due the communities have been duely paid to the respective state governments don't you? Do you now see why these acts are criminal in nature?
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Shym3xx: 4:43pm On Jun 01, 2016
WaleEkun:

Actually no one in the Niger Delta worked for the oil, unless you are from Niger Delta and are actually working in the industry. The only one who can claim a right to the oil is if your papa owns the land the oil is produced. Oyinbo brought the technology to pump oil from the ground. Most people that are making noise just want free handout. The only one that needs to be compensated or can take back the land the oil is being produced is the family who owns the land. If it is offshore, fishermen need to be compensated if drilling activity is interfering with their livelihood. Anyone else in the Niger Delta are just noisemakers.

Lol.

What type of obtuse logic/mentality is this? Okay, based on ya logic, since "Oyinbo brought the technology to pump oil from the ground", the oil belongs to Oyinbo then. Can naij please give the oil back to the Oyinbo, who're the rightful owners of the oil, Mr My-name-is-Wale don't call me Whale? grin

I bet you have never heard of the UN Charter about indigenous people and their rights, yes? Read up - it's 2016.
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by ComicRelief: 4:51pm On Jun 01, 2016
Mztarstrechy:
So why didnt they blow it during GEJ's regime?
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by olafum1(m): 5:04pm On Jun 01, 2016
shaqhead:

Yaradua nailed nothing Son, he only postponed judgement day to later and this govt is inheriting that. That whole amnesty thing is what paves way for this where some criminality is seen as lucrative! It is still the divide and rule system where symptoms are treated and the cause remains!

Why didnt they blow pipelines during GEJ time when he was empowered other criminals like Tompolo!

The Niger Delta is cursed with the worse leaders akin to leaders in the North!

There was a time the Niger Delta asked for 13% derivation. Can u in all honesty tell me where the whole 13% derivation has gone to?

We also asked for Niger Delta Ministry! Do you by chance know how that has impacted the lives of Niger deltans on the streeet?

Lest not forget that we had an NDDC. This is another drainpipe! What the heck happens there?

If the Niger Delta cant make do with the "little" she gets, then it bares askin if we can do anything with the whole treasury in our backyard!

Our problems are our greedy leaders and bombing pipelines to make a point only makes everything worse.

One thing I have noticed when. some of u talk about the condition in the Niger delta u try to make it look like the issue started yesterday when PMB assumed office!

PMB jst came onboard and one of the very first things he did was move for the implementation of the UNEP report for the clean up of Ogoni land. This was a document that has gathered so much dust even when GEJ was there.

This self serving and criminaal activity is hasty and unjustifiable. Why not wait to see what policy direction the govt takes concerning the Niger delta!

If Lagos state developed to the way it is without federalism, you cant imagine where they will be with it.

Leaders in the Niger Delta should get their acts together like Obiano is doin in the core "5%" zone without makin noise about it!

One thing needs to be said, NDA are criminals with the likes of tompolo, asari and the rest!

Hey Mr sharkhead or so,
Firstly, whatever makes me a son to you is highly questionable.
2nd, so you supported the people in the ND should perish so you can continue to enjoy their oil, why don't u just invade Cameroon because of Bakasi pennisula then?
3rd. Why continuously ask after I've answered you why they r attacking now and not under GEJ. Did any Northern governor or leader ever give a statement the d Fulani herdsmen killing people to be treated as Boko Haram, why is it the ND blowing up pipelines should be equated with those morons? Isn't that marginalization and bigotry of the highest order from the presidency?
4. I agree with u that bad leadership is the ND problem, but isn't that a general problem in Nigeria?

Looking at how polarise the 2015general elections divided Nigerians among ethnic and religious lines, won't it had been wise for the govt to take grandual steps in inclusive governance but instead the PMB govt had continue to drive us apart, 1st from his silence on d Fulani menace who r decimating the south. 2nd, his highly lopsided appointments and thirdly his 97% & 5% remark.

So the problem is actually PMB-caused. Think bro
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by ndcide(m): 5:11pm On Jun 01, 2016
buksaylor001:

Bros,you know me?

Sorry Bros, I was just being generic there.

But you got my point. That even the GEJ government was being bombed right from start. NYSC members were being killed boko haram changed gear. Is it not the truth?

One love Bro

1 Like

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by khalids: 5:45pm On Jun 01, 2016
Abeg what is all this noise about Niger delta, Let me ask a question does their state get allocation like all the other states, if yes, what have their past governors, counselor, LG chairmen being doing with the money......the money that goes to NDDC what is it used for...

Now, why are they all screaming federal government, why have the avengers not asked the governors, counselors, state assembly, LGA chairmen, NDDC commissioners what happened to their money...

Someone here is showing pictures of Lagos and Abuja...these states get allocation from the federal government like every other state and they use it wisely, why then are you crying wolf when you squander your own allocations.

Do they not also have members representing them at the house of assembly, why are they not putting pressure on those fellows to tender their case......

This is just plain terrorism / sabotage
Even America will tell you they don't negotiate with terrorist, you need to follow proper channels/procedures
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by sagaxity(m): 5:55pm On Jun 01, 2016
You forgot that they gave them the surveillance and pipeline protection contract. Which has now being taken away from them......
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by kenoz(m): 5:55pm On Jun 01, 2016
undecided
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Alezy(m): 6:02pm On Jun 01, 2016
Saintbonnie:
But it's still their region they're destroying. They would wish they never did that the day attention shifts from oil.
ehn...They should shift the attention self. If they do, northerners won't clamour for president like they do now.
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Alezy(m): 6:06pm On Jun 01, 2016
modath:
Did the scavengers just wake up from a coma?
13% ,NDDC, ND Ministry? They are their own problems.
if i tell u one word, it might lead to something different
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by jaafree: 6:14pm On Jun 01, 2016
olafum1:

They were not much marginalized in appointments & likes or regarded as 5% under GEJ.

Imagine some northern leaders along side pmb vowing to give them the Boko Haram treatment when only it is pipelines they are blowing up, and at the same time they all are denying the ethnicity of the Fulani terrorists, who is maiming & taking lives in a gruesome manner in the south. I opted not to comment on this but I saw u saying somfn nearly absurd, saying its only pipeline they blow sound so strange to me, how comes u don't understand that the pipeline u called "only" is valued more than human lives in nigeria, killings by the so called BH is just a sectional thing and mere political they only killed scores of ppl while the vast majority expecially ppl in the south are leaving in peace I mean peace and harmony bcs they don't feel any impact of the BH attacks in the north and thus they didn't cripple economy ok fine with that! But attacking nigerian pipelines means each and every human live in nigeria will suffer for their act of vandalism, that's the point am making to u. Pipeline vandals is much more the worst thing that can happen to this country followed by BIAFRA.

So it's d govt that shot herself in the leg sad. To me, one live is more significant to all the pipelines in Nigeria.

Mind you, what they are clamouring for now, is more of federalism. Let them have d larger stake over their resources. That's all. This northerners have 98% stake in their resources and are still calling for their death, using the boyscout military who specializes in terrorizing civilians. Isn't that another form of modern day slavery and savagery?

Nigeria is ripe enough for federalism... The govt needs to act fast, smart and wise to tackle this root cause, so that the country can remain as ONE. enough of military bragadro over there, it will fail, Obasanjo tried it and failed but Yaradua nailed it.

Yaradua, my Hero.
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by arafone(m): 6:19pm On Jun 01, 2016
nkowaputa:

So why didn't BH start during Yaradua regime?
BH actually started in 2009 that is exactly during Yar'adua's regime
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Shym3xx: 6:21pm On Jun 01, 2016
khalids:
Abeg what is all this noise about Niger delta, Let me ask a question does their state get allocation like all the other states, if yes, what have their past governors, counselor, LG chairmen being doing with the money......the money that goes to NDDC what is it used for...

Now, why are they all screaming federal government, why have the avengers not asked the governors, counselors, state assembly, LGA chairmen, NDDC commissioners what happened to their money...

Someone here is showing pictures of Lagos and Abuja...these states get allocation from the federal government like every other state and they use it wisely, why then are you crying wolf when you squander your own allocations.

Do they not also have members representing them at the house of assembly, why are they not putting pressure on those fellows to tender their case......

This is just plain terrorism / sabotage
Even America will tell you they don't negotiate with terrorist, you need to follow proper channels/procedures

Loool.

I'm just here today to correct misinformation and stand for fairness and justice to indigenous people.

Whoever told you that America doesn't negotiate with terrorists lied to you. America doesn't just negotiate with terrorists, it also works with terrorists.

America has negotiated with Taliban loads of times. It worked with Mujihadeen terrorists that later became al Qaeda in Afghanistan. It worked with Al Nusra terrorists in Syria. It worked with al Qaeda terrorists in Libya. It worked with Cuban terrorists in the Bay of Pig invasion. It worked with terrorist group in Nicaragua and all over South America. It supported Apartheid in South Africa. Heck, the IRA which was a terrorist group in the UK, with bombings all over the UK, especially London, got most of its funding from Irish Americans lol. Etc..

Make sure you understand what you are saying before you come out to the village square to dance loool.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Photos: Presidential State Car Being Prepared For The Inauguration Ceremony / Amotekun Walk On The Streets Of Osogbo, Osun State (Photos) / How Saraki Deceived President Buhari To Become Senate President -SaharaReporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.